This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

The Semi-Finals

Topic » The Semi-Finals

930 days ago
Weetmaster
TOP 6 !

You have all successfully survived all 7 Deadly Sins! And my, what a sensation top six

https://c.tenor.com/o8s2OR8ZxcIAAAAM/little-devil-smile.gif

Now, last round I did explain that I was not going to do anymore double eliminations. And I will hold up to that promise, because, I will be doing a triple elimination. Only 3 of you shall enter the Finale, where I shall crown a WINNER!

This is also the last round to use any immunity idols or powers/abilities. Use it wisely, if you wish.

#TheDevilsLair has now closed for good, no more deals!

For the semi-finals, there are THREE categories to submit to, and the winner of each category shall compete as a finalist for the WIN!

CATEGORY 1: REDEUX

This is your chance to look back and reflect on the competition. Select a battle you felt deserves redemption and resubmit a new song for that battle. The warrior who receives 1st on this category becomes a FINALIST!

CATEGORY 2: FREE CHOICE

Do what you can to claim that second seat in the finale! The warrior who receives 1st on this category becomes a FINALIST!

CATEGORY 3: SPEECH

This is not a music submission. You must write down you among your peers should NOT advance to the finale, and why. I will also ask all of you to PM me one name of someone who SHOULD advance to the finale. The warrior with the most votes to SAVE will claim the third spot. IF you do not post your speech, I will not accept votes for your name.

Although I am planning for a final 3, with powers still up in the air, who knows... we could have a final 4....

You have 24 hours to submit for this round.

930 days ago
Weetmaster
This is also a good time to start campaigning for yourself in the Fan Favorite poll:
https://tengaged.com/group/4085-the-music-wars-7-deadly-sins-redeux/poll/7-deadly-sins-fan-favorite-poll-152919

Remember, the highest scoring FINALIST shall receive a champions point.

but the highest scoring WARRIOR shall receive a gift.
930 days ago
Moviemusicguy123
1. Redeux: Duet/Collaboration Week. This was the week where I was eliminated.

“My Universe” Duet with BTS https://youtu.be/3YqPKLZF_WU
929 days 14 hours ago
hayden9102
1. So the week I am looking for redemption from is the week of Wrath. I didn’t perform well this week and that almost cost me the game. I didn’t have enough novelty in my song so this time I chose a different kind of sound from him. Hope you like it because I really love this one!

“Healed”- Rag’n’Bone Man

2. Now for my free choice song, I picked probably my favorite song from him. Or one of them because there are so many good ones haha I absolutely adore this track and it just fills me with so many different emotions.

“Grace”- Rag’n’Bone Man

3. My speech: Now I really like everybody remaining in this cast (and a few fallen soldiers), but it’s time I start playing with my brain in the competition. Sorry Ilovetosing, you know I admire you but you have too many points to just be given a free pass to the finale. I hope all of the other contestants see this as well because he will for sure get a champion’s point if he makes it. Ilovetosing didn’t even spend 25 points for the final deal which greatly increases his chance of winning the game now. Be careful guys!
929 days 8 hours ago
stuartlittle16

Well Im gonna have to go back to the Battle of Gluttony where I placed 12th place and received 5 points. That was where we needed to post a duet and you said I got outshined by my duet partner so Im gonna make sure its all me this time!

Well this is my favorite Tori Kelly song and the 1st minute alone is better then most songs. Hope you enjoy!

I've actually really enjoyed this group game and I truly think everyone here deserves to be here. But if I had to pick one person who shouldnt advance, I would have to go with Coldplay only because they were eliminated already. I really have nothing else to base this decision off of.
929 days 5 hours ago
ilovetosing

Singer: 林忆莲 (Sandy Lam)
Song Title: 盖亚 (Gaia)

I'm going to re-do Lust Part 2, as I only got 11th place that round.

In this song, she depicts herself as Gaia, the mother of nature, she's here to tell the humans how much damage they've done to the nature due to their greed and lust, this is going to the be the last warning, if they don't change it, things will be too late to be saved in the future as you can't restart the planet.

Song lyrics:
为了你 流淌红色的眼泪 (For you, I'm crying red tears)
为了你 悄然无声的枯萎 (For you, I'm wilting silently)
心力已交瘁 无力的安慰 (My heart is tired, I have no energy left to comfort you)
你不能体味 我已经太累 (You could never understand, I'm too tired)

我颤抖 地动山摇的阵痛 (I'm shaking, the pain that can cause the earth to shake)
我身上 烙下燃烧的哀愁 (On my body, the burning pain is being tinted)
自圆的理由 无知的借口 (Ignorant excuses to rationalise your actions)
你可曾感受 我的心难受 (Have you ever thought, how pain am I feeling)

无可原谅 给你的希望 一点一滴的沦丧 (Unforgivable, the hope that I gave you, is dimming every second)
美丽的时光 熟悉的脸庞 一天一天的遗忘 (The beautiful moments, the familiar faces, is being forgotten day by day)
你会看得到 地灭天荒 (You will be able to witness, the end of the world)
要如何补偿 决堤的真相 (How can you ever compensate, the truth of the apocalypse)

要怎样 (How)

太孤单 无可理喻的孤单 (Too lonely, ridiculously lonely)
谁承担 不该承受的负担 (Who will bear, the burden that shouldn't be beared)
千年的劫难 万世的涂炭 (Disasters that will last for thousands of years, devastation that will stay for ten thousands of generations)
最终的宣判 会不会太晚 (The final verdict, will it be too late)

无可原谅 给你的希望 一点一滴的沦丧 (Unforgivable, the hope that I gave you, is dimming every second)
美丽的时光 熟悉的脸庞 一天一天的遗忘 (The beautiful moments, the familiar faces, is being forgotten day by day)
你会看得到 地灭天荒 (You will be able to witness, the end of the world)
要如何补偿 决堤的真相 (How can you ever compensate, the truth of the apocalypse)

看看 我们的 过往的 美丽的 那个家 你无声不作答 (Take a look, at the home that we used to own, it was so beautiful, you remained silent)
看看 你现在 摧毁的 只需要 一霎那 是怎样的代价 (Take a look, the things that you destroyed, all the actions only took seconds, yet what was the price)
后悔吧 后悔吧 (Repent, repent)

你不明白 我的悲哀 (You don't understand my pain)
我要你明白 你在伤害 (I want you to know, that you're causing pain)
孤注了现在 流亡了将来 (Showhand your present in a bet, losing your future)
如果没有爱 期待皆苍白 (If there is no love, everything will be pale)
没有重来 重来...... (And there is no restart, restart......)
929 days 5 hours ago
ilovetosing

Singer: 林忆莲 (Sandy Lam)
Song Title: 寂寞拥挤 (Crowded Loneliness)

Crowd and lonely may be two opposites, however, in a city where everyone is lonely, they may not be polar opposites after all, as everywhere is crowded with loneliness.

Song lyrics:
在歡笑中掉淚 (Crying in a place full of laughter)
在呼吸中暈眩 (Feeling dizzy in breathe)
在熱鬧中孤單 (Feeling lonely in a busy place)
在人群中覺得累 (Feeling tired in a crowd)
凍得顫抖的夏天 (A freezing summer)
寂寞擁擠的氣味 (The scent of crowded loneliness)
而我在回憶 (While I'm trying to remember)
捕捉失落的你 (Capture the devastated version of you)

遺漏的章節 成為獨撐場面 (The missing chapter, became the only finale)
青春劃成碎片 迴旋漫漫長街 (Youth is broken into pieces, revolting in the long street)
愛的喘息如雷 我走遠 (The love is too heavy and it's making me hard to breathe, I'll leave)

在歡笑中掉淚 (Crying in a place full of laughter)
在呼吸中暈眩 (Feeling dizzy in breathe)
在熱鬧中孤單 (Feeling lonely in a busy place)
在人群中覺得累 (Feeling tired in a crowd)
凍得顫抖的夏天 (A freezing summer)
寂寞擁擠的氣味 (The scent of crowded loneliness)
而我在回憶 (While I'm trying to remember)
捕捉失落的你 (Capture the devastated version of you)

遺漏的章節 成為獨撐場面 (The missing chapter, became the only finale)
青春劃成碎片 迴旋漫漫長街 (Youth is broken into pieces, revolting in the long street)
愛的喘息如雷 我走遠 (The love is too heavy and it's making me hard to breathe, I'll leave)

或許 我該道別 (Maybe, I should say goodbye)
或許 如此最美 (Maybe, this is for the best)
929 days 1 hour ago
Kisa
1. Redeux of a Redeux - Battle of Lust Part 2, Heartbreak song.

if i had to redo one i would actually choose the ballad round. i didn't necessarily do bad in it and i had lower scoring submissions but of them im actually proud. this one i feel like i could've captured the emotions a lot better with a stronger feeling song

LOBODA - Fly

2. Free Choice <3

i will actually be submitting a song the snippet of it in the last round was used. it was not the full song nor the full submission. its the last song after the drum solo. i wanted to submit something new but realized if i have the chance to use this now i want to take it because i don't know when else i could use it. this song is called SuperSTAR. LOBODA basically sings about how people are just regular people but she's not a regular person  because shes a superstar. and i truly feel like that in this game at this point! very Janelle BB22. with everyone voting me last round all i can do is look at it as my michelin stars. the more the better! they're just regular people.. but im a superstar!
FUN FACT! this song was actually gonna feaure a rapper but he bailed on her after he heard she wanted to have a gay couple kissing in the MV. so she just rapped herself! iconic.

song starts at 1:16 if you just wanna skip the feminist speech ❤️

3. SPEECH
i think this is a great question. i feel like we all made it to top 6 deservingly as no one really did anything not to deserve to be in here. but if i had to choose one person it would be AFI, based on the whole game up to this point. its an easy choice to choose someone who came back or was already eliminated. or to vote for someone who's been doing well out of spite. but honestly sometimes i forget that AFI is in this competition. i remembered them last round when they won 1st (congrats btw) however this game is more than that and i wasn't impressed by anything else.
929 days 1 hour ago
ilovetosing

While I respect all the players that are left in the competition, if I have to choose someone not to advance, I'll choose Rag'N'Bone Man. It's not because he has voted for me but it's because he's a threat in my opinion. He has been consistently strong throughout the competition and I believe that he still holds the second place currently, which is why I don't want to compete against him in the finale if I manage to advance.

Also shoutout to Midiaw, really enjoyed playing with you.
928 days 23 hours ago
Moviemusicguy123
https://youtu.be/k4V3Mo61fJM
Free Choice: “Fix You”
928 days 23 hours ago
Moviemusicguy123
#3: I like everybody here, but it’s between Tori or another person. I’ve decided to go with Michael, not only because he’s a threat, but he also chose me to be the one who doesn’t deserve to be here when he had 5 other people to choose from. I do see why he chose me, because he took the challenge literally and yeah I was eliminated already so it makes sense just not the most strategic decision. It seems right to return the favor. Good luck Michael and it’s just a game so don’t take it personally.
928 days 15 hours ago
tbrown_47
Reduex:

I’ll redo the novelty round. I’m choosing this song to take a break from some of the heavier guitar riffs to focus on Hunter’s stellar bass playing

Free choice:
Submitting one of my favorite songs from my favorite album of theirs. I think this song really captures the essence of the band

Speech:
While I didn’t listen to everyone’s submissions each round, I didn’t connect with as many of Loboda’s songs as some of the other artists. So that’s my vote

Good luck everyone!

open group

The Music Wars: Secret 8gents !

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!