This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

The Battle of Lust (Part 1)

Topic » The Battle of Lust (Part 1)

1226 days 16 hours ago
Weetmaster
https://64.media.tumblr.com/82b3ced6defbd29e8be5a3656f25187e/tumblr_ok38qiR4nE1r3sy8ko1_250.gifv

We're going to be taking your first battle in hell nice and slow. I need everyone to circle up, hold hands, and tell me one fun fact about yourself.

Please don't that I'm kidding I hate when teachers make me do that.

But I am going to do something I think some of yall will hate as well. The first challenge will be a personal experiment for me to see if the format works.

Normally all challenges are individually based and I ranked the performance collectively. This challenge, I want you all to worth with your tribes. Yes, your first challenge is a group project.

As a tribe, I want you to write me a short OPERA of your own original creation. You have complete freedom for your concept but this opera must include a song from each member.

I need...
(1) song to open the OPERA and set the mood,
(2) song that the protagonist character sings,
(3) song that the antagonist character sings,
(4) song about a third character who is the love interest of both the protagonist and antagonist,
(5) song about the conflict, climax, or tragic end
(6) The resolution and closer of the OPERA

For your explanation I am only looking for a paragraph, please don't stress about this. There are 2 ways to accomplish this, either talk to your teammates and make a cohesive story, or just dump 6 songs and assign someone to make the story work. I want to either laugh or cry or as they say in the OPERA, a COMEDY OR A TRAGEDY.

This is a 72 hour challenge (mainly so you all can say hi and get to know eachother). After this challenge, we go full throttle, so don't get comfortable with this 72 hour deadline.

Have I scared you off yet?

1226 days ago
Weetmaster
I’d like to clarify.

Each team must post all 6 songs, 1 song per person, and then a short paragraph of how all the songs are related. Very simple, please don’t create a video or write too much, this is not meant to be a masterpiece, just a group challenge to get y’all to talk to eachother
1223 days 22 hours ago
J4ckWilko
Team #Beezlebub Opera:

Setting the scene: Sandy Lam singing "The Night Is Too Dark"
Link:

Protagonist: Shawn Mendes singing "Wonder"
Link:

Antagonist: Mabel singing "Don't Call Me Up"
Link:

Third character: Indila singing "Feuille D'automne" (Autumn Leaf)
Link:

Song about tragic end: Carrie Underwood singing "Blown Away"
Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJgoHgpsb9I&feature=emb_title

Concluding song: Morrissette Amon singing "A Whole New World"
Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jG-ZIQCQvEI

Our opera is about how love can change a persons life forever whether it be for the best for the worst and without love, life is not clear to us and we cannot find out way until we do find it. This is referencing our first song of the opera that you must find love which is good for you and let it not be toxic.
Then moving onto the relationship between the protagonist and antagonist, the protagonist wonders about his affection to the antagonist that much, that they ask to start dating however the antagonist breaks the relationship off not realising the antagonist just wants to be around friends. This causes a rift and due to the protagonists obsession of the antagonist, he blows off the 3rd character causing a rift between all three of them acting as they have 'blown away' from each other. Due to this they start to find their own new lives with new relationships making them have new lives without each other, acting as if nothing actually happened between them.
1223 days 21 hours ago
bbsuper92
Team Dagon

1) song to open the OPERA and set the mood

A woman is done searching for her love but believes one day she will find it and is optimistic it will happen one day. She's been heartbroken before but will always have faith in god will bring her love when the time is right.

TORI KELLY dear no one

(2) song that the protagonist character sings -

The woman finally finds her perfect partner and he makes her heart skip a beat. He is everything she has been looking for. She's infatuated with his love.

Charli xcx

(3) song that the antagonist character sings

On the other hand her man has been cheating on her and now has regrets on doing it and is sorry for what he's putting her through with out her knowing.  He's trying to find a way to tell her and keep her. But the other woman is......

COLDPLAY TROUBLE

4 song about a third character who is the love interest of both the protagonist and antagonist

But his secret lover is her best friend who she is also in love with. she doesn't want to lose both of them so she pleads for both if them not to leave her. While she still fights her feeling for her friend and lover.

PINK Please don't leave me

(5) song about the conflict, climax, or tragic end

Once she realizes she's been betrayed by both her friend and lover she gives the ultimattum to  leave her and not to comeback if he doesn't love her. She won't stand for the betrayl of both her best friend and Man. she's also having doubts about finding true love.

Hayley Reinhart Honey there's the door

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sADOjoNux9o

(6) The resolution and closer of the OPERA

She is devastated that she was left for her best friend and still has love for them but can't go on feeling unwanted. So she moves on not knowing if she believes in love anymore. He thoughts of not being good enough is overwhelming. Her faith in god has been tested throughout this relationship and isn't sure if she will ever be good enough for love. But she tries to smile and move on still hoping God will show her the way to true love.

LITTLE MIX Good Enough
https://youtu.be/0X3fwpxvqcE
1223 days 19 hours ago
tswiftlover13
ENJOY <333333

#TeamAbaddon

1) The Opening
Setting the mood:
Mariah Carey “I Want To Know What Love Is”

Our opera opens with the story of A girl who is leaving home to make her dreams of being a superstar come true! She moves out to Hollywood to become a star and gets lucky when she stumbles across an audition for a girl group but she is so talented they want to sign her to her own deal! She ends up being forced to couple up with a male Artist on the label, BUT she is secretly falling for her Managers assistant who is a woman. Who will she choose?

2) Protagonist:
Amy Shark “Adore”

The protagonist is caught between a rock and a hard place trying to decide who does she Adore more? The guy who can make her dreams come true… or the girl who makes her heart flutter? She has waited a long time to get where she is at but is the fame and glory going to overcome her longing for true love?

3) Antagonist:
Chloe x Halle “Tipsy”

The person she is forced to be in a relationship finds out about her secret love affair and threatens to kill her career if she does not end it! He starts to show off his drinking problem and gets verbally abusive towards her. He secretly loves her and is scared to get his heart broken for the millionth time so he threatens to out her to the entire label to make her stay because she is a hungry Artist and he knows how badly she wants it.

4) Third character:
Elodie “Andromeda”

The girl that our protagonist is also having a relationship with is in a secret battle of her own She wants to be with her for the rest of her life, She wants to pour out her heart to the protagonist and tell her that she will do whatever it takes to make her happy if it be to run away together into the sunset or if that means to not be with her anymore. Because if you love someone enough as much as it will hurt you, You have to let them go if needed. So she leaves her apartment in the middle of the night to tell her as it cannot wait.

5) Song about the tragic end:
Pentatonix “Say Something”
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dYlvdLdK9w
While together at her apartment The protagonist confronts the antagonist about how he has been treating her and that she is leaving him for her secret lover. She will not hide who she truly is to get famous she wants to know what true love is as much as she loves music she loves love more.. The Antagonist is in a shocked state and pulls out a gun. In such a shocked drunken state he doesn’t hear the door open, He points the gun at the protagonist and pulls the trigger.
The protagonist had her eyes closed the entire time to only find out when she opened them that her secret lover jumped in front of her and took the bullet for her. The antagonist flees the scene while she is left holding her lover waiting for the ambulance to get there.
Once they reach the hospital….. It’s too late. She is gone and our protagonist is left to pick up the pieces of her broken heart.

6) The resolution/Closing the Opera:
Pia Toscano “Wind Beneath My Wings”
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9FxBgU1RAc
The antagonist is charged with first degree murder. While our protagonist vows to live her truest life to be out and proud, She pours her heart and soul into her music and dedicates her debut single “Wind Beneath My Wings” to her lost love who inspired her to value your life as your true self and to never let anyone tell you different!
1223 days 17 hours ago
Weetmaster
I shall now view everyone's performance and offer my critiques!
1223 days 17 hours ago
Weetmaster
(Oopsie, I made an error, let me correct it real quick)
1223 days 17 hours ago
Weetmaster
THE OPENERS

#TeamAbaddon
MARIAH CAREY // boozes
"I Wanna Know What Love Is"

This team had the best plot for the opener. And the song was a great way to set the stage. Anthems are great for openers as it's the first taste of the show and the audience can sing along and quote it as the show goes on. I'm very happy with this submission.

#TeamBeezlebub
SANDY LAM // ilovetosing
"The Night is Too Dark"

This song had a Des'ree feel to it, like if this was the opening credits Dawson's Creek or some other soap opera I think it would work. That's exactly what I'm looking for and it was definitely a serene opening to a gut wrenching plot. Good work.

#TeamDagon
TORI KELLY // stuartlittle16
"Dear No One"

The message of the song really set the scene for the rest of the opera, I instantly understood where I was in the plot and had an idea of what to expect from your performance. The chorus is very catchy and I think y'all did a good job as well.

SCORES
For each round I will be awarding 15, 10, and 5 points to each team based on who I believe was Best, Runner Up, and Third in a ranking. The team with the most points wins immunity.

#TeamAbaddon 15

#TeamBeezlebub 10

#TeamDagon 5
1223 days 17 hours ago
Weetmaster
THE PROTAGONIST

#TeamAbaddon
AMY SHARK // Becksta20
"Adore"

This song has some Halsey and Alessia Cara vibes. I think it was a good choice for the protagonist, gives them some depth and now we know there's a little sadness in their heart :'( Overall I think the submisson was successful.

#TeamBeezlebub
SHAWN MENDES // nhl8765554321
"Wonder"

SMART CHOICE! Very Very smart! I love the contemporary feel of this team and this song not only is great in its own right, but also shows intent, gives the protagonist their journey to go one, and propels the story to keep your audience's attention. #Downloaded

#TeamDagon
Charli XCX // turkeylover
"Boom Clap"

I feel like this song would have been better suited as the opener and then having Tori Kelly play the protagonist, but I'm not mad at this at all. The song is very fun and the song was literally made for a love story, it fits the criterion. Good work.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SCORES

#TeamAbaddon [15] + 5 = 20

#TeamBeezlebub [10] + 15 = 25

#TeamDagon [5] + 10 = 15
1223 days 16 hours ago
Weetmaster
THE ANTAGONIST

#TeamAbaddon
CHLOE X HALLE // Rubes
"Tipsy"

This song plays into the stereotypical role of the "villain" which I appreciate. In the scheme of your OPERA, this song fits like a glove and is so fun to listen to as well. You got your audience captivated, and we're all intoxicated over you.

#TeamBeezlebub
MABEL // CalebDaBoss
"Don't Call Me Up"

The song is a fine choice for the antagonist, I just don't think it's a strong song or a song that matches the theme of this OPERA. The lyrics were kind of lazy and the beat was uninspiring. To go from the last two submissions to this song doesn't quite satisfy me. I'm not familiar with Mabel but I have a feeling there's more to you than this performance. I hope to see it.

#TeamDagon
COLDPLAY // Moviemusicguy123
"Trouble"

This is an apologetic song which I find an interesting choice for the antagonist. I would made this the conflict or climax, so now I'm interested to see where your Opera goes. It's interesting to see a "villain" who is actually someone repenting for the mistakes they did. The best "villains" are the ones who have good intentions and are have the opportunity to show their humanity.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SCORES

#TeamAbaddon [20] + 10 = 30

#TeamBeezlebub [25] + 5 = 30

#TeamDagon [15] + 15 = 30
1223 days 16 hours ago
Weetmaster
The Third Character

THE ANTAGONIST

#TeamAbaddon
ELODIE // Talian
"Andromeda"

I just need to like... go dance and seduce my lampshade, like wow you took me there with this one. It's a perfect song for the category and so fun to listen to. I was NOT expecting this song, and I'm so happy this was added in. That bridge to the chorus?? With the horns??? Killer. #Downloaded

#TeamBeezlebub
INDILA // Midiaw
""Feuille D'automne""

This song works in the sense that it's meant to spin the plot and give a new layer to the dynamics of the opera, which I think you achieve. I will say though, that I don't think this lineup is cohesive in the same sound and vibe which is such a difficult task to do with all these different genres. I feel like this team started so strong but now it's feeling a little shaky.

#TeamDagon
P!NK // Dylangover1
"Please Don't Leave Me"

This was a smart choice as well. P!nk has so many songs about this kind of relationship dynamic, especially of a relationship that's failing, and that kind of song is the perfect selection for this category. Claps and cheers for this team for turning it around.

SCORES

#TeamAbaddon [30] + 15 = 45

#TeamBeezlebub [30] + 5 = 35

#TeamDagon [30] + 10 = 40
1223 days 16 hours ago
Weetmaster
THE CONFLICT

#TeamAbaddon
PENTATONIX // humanwebjet1
"Say Something"

I have no critiques to note. I think the song was amazing, and this was a great song to end the tragedy of your characters. Fit the theme for me perfectly.

#TeamBeezlebub
CARRIE UNDERWOOD // Tommy123

The song really plays into chaos, doesn't it? It's a great song to play while smashing windows out and it plays well to a scene of conflict between the three characters. This song was a plus for your team, kudos.

#TeamDagon
HALEY REINHART // Jameslu
"Honey, There's The Door"

At first I was going to question why this wasn't the vullain's song, but the more I listened, the more I realized this song already decided what the relationship has become, and if either party disagrees well, honey, there's the door. The song itself is so seductive and captivating, and was a fun listen.

SCORES
I think all three songs deserve perfect scores, but I have to rank them.

#TeamAbaddon [45] + 10 = 55

#TeamBeezlebub [35] + 15 = 50

#TeamDagon [40] + 5 = 45
1223 days 16 hours ago
Jameslu
welp
1223 days 15 hours ago
Weetmaster
THE CLOSER

#TeamAbaddon
PIA TOSCANO // tswiftlover13
"Wind Beneath My Wings"

This is one of those classic songs that many either do total justice or make listeners cringe. And you sang it beautifully. I think this song is a fantastic closer and I can see myself in the theater listening to this song play out with a full chorus and orchestra and blast the audience to heaven. Great submission.

#TeamBeezlebub
MORISETTE AMON // J4ckWilko
"A Whole New World"

On it's own, this song is LOVELY! Who doesn't love a little disney in their lives? But this song just doesn't match in your lineup, and I thought it was a strange choice. You began so strong with this contemporary feel and to end with Disney is like leaving the Dear Evan Hansen broadway show to then sneak into Aladdin down the street. Doesn't make sense.

#TeamDagon
LITTLE MIX // bbsuper92
"Good Enough"

This was a more melancholy ending and I appreciated the change in pace. I hung onto every lyric and thoroughly enjoyed the performance.

SCORES

#TeamAbaddon [55] + 15 = 70

#TeamBeezlebub [50] + 5 = 55

#TeamDagon [45] +10 = 55
1223 days 15 hours ago
Jameslu
Congrats #TeamAbaddon! :D
1223 days 15 hours ago
tswiftlover13
Omg yay thank you 🎉🎉🎉🎉

open group

The Music Wars: Secret 8gents !

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!