This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Battle #12: Tributes

Topic » Battle #12: Tributes

1240 days 15 hours ago
Weetmaster
Welcome TOP 8!

This challenge will be very simple. I want to submit a song and dedicate the song to anyone you like. A fallen warrior, a close friend, a relative, a mentor, an idol, anything. Let's be clear, you MUST post a submission AND a short explanation, if you don't post an explanation, I will strip away your immunity.

Tonight I am only granting 3 spots for immunity.

And one more thing... this will ALSO be a double elimination, and the last of it's kind, I promise. Battle #10 messed with my timeline and I need to get us back on track.

You have 48 hours to submit your song, or you'll find yourself in danger.

1239 days 5 hours ago
Jameslu
Halsey "you should be sad"

This song is about Halsey's ex-lover and the lyrics just hit so hard. Getting out of the relationship at the right time and not turning back. Calling out the ex-boyfriend for who he really is and not who he thinks he is. I feel so sorry for the man you thought you were. I specifically love the lyric "i'm so glad i never ever had a baby you".

This song is dedicated to Halsey's ex-boyfriend! Or if I have to dedicate it specifically to me (myself) then my ex-lover lol.
1239 days 3 hours ago
CarolinaSteele
Chemical Prisoner

This song is dedicated to those struggling with or know someone who is struggling with addiction. It is Addiction is an ugly, horrible thing that ruins people's lives and gets people stuck in cycles. It's struck my family and has created such divisions and I don't wish it on anyone to experience.

This song is about Ronnie's struggles with addiction from the past as well as someone else whom he knew that struggled with it. The motorcycle group is actually his dad's club that he rides with so Ronnie asked them to be a part of the video.

1238 days 23 hours ago
humanwebjet1
James Arthur - Safe Inside

James wrote this song about his song for his younger sister whose father abandoned her when she was little, leaving him to take over the role of a father figure in her life. He talks about her growing up and his experience of “parenting” her.

I've personally had to also take over (I'm a girl) that parenting role with my siblings so that's why this song really resonated with me. It's incredibly hard, but when they do turn into the wrong direction u should always be there to help out no matter what. Just want to say that I started tearing up after I noticed the mom was gone because I can't imagine losing my mother I'd also be lost too...

1238 days 23 hours ago
J4ckWilko
I feel like this is a song dedicated to all of her ex-lovers and Idk I just really like it

1238 days 22 hours ago
humanwebjet1
if it wasn't understood^ I dedicate this song to my siblings!
1238 days 21 hours ago
tbrown_47
Another Lifetime - NAO

This beautiful arrangement was done this year during the lockdown period. The song is about saying goodbye to a loved one and hoping to reunite with them in another lifetime to stay with them forever. It's fitting that this arrangement was created in 2020 where so many lives have been lost due to a global pandemic and acts of racial injustice. This song is dedicated to those who lost their lives and their surviving loved ones. We will meet in another lifetime.

1238 days 16 hours ago
Midiaw

Alright, this is my first time being open here. I never went deep into my life like some here did. But, by posting this song, I gotta share the reason why.

This is song is dedicated to my Boyfriend couple months ago. I indeed got infected with the virus, somewhere around April. And there is one of my neighbor who has crush on my bf for a very long time. During my lockdown (because I were locked my my room all days long),  I felt like that I might lose my boyfriend. I can see in his eyes how depressed he was during those moments. We couldn't touch each other, no hugs, nothing. In the beginning of my lockdown, he passed his day behind the door to talk, or be in the living room videos chatting with me; but then when things got a little complicated, which required me to constantly feel tired and not being able to talk at all, I saw that bitch neighbor coming into our apartment talking to him. He literally passed most of the time with him and sometime ask my bf to go have some lunch with him.
This song describes me being uncapable of interfering in between. I felt useless; I hated myself for not being able to do anything. He even stopped sitting behind the door; we talked less. He even passed the night with the other guy watching movies in our apartment, knowing that it wouldn't happened if I was there. So this song is to tell him not to forget about me because I care about our relationship.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks God, 3 weeks later, I was completely fine, out of danger. We talked about what happened, and he told me about his depression and the lack of not being able to talk because I wasn't able to say word. I totally get it, and our love keep growing more and more after that experience we've faced.
1238 days 15 hours ago
ilovetosing
Singer:魏如萱 (Waa wei)
Title:Ophelia

"To be or not to be, that is the question."

I dedicate this song to myself, and everyone who is in the closet.

Ophelia, as a female character in Hamlet, is the perfect example of a woman living under a patriarchal society, obedient and kind.

However, here, the question became "To be or not to be Ophelia", should we be like Ophelia, hiding ourselves and obey to the social norms, or should we not be Ophelia, be brave and break the shackles. That is the real question.

For now, I choose to be Ophelia.

Song lyrics (Translation):
日出是免费的 夕阳也是 (Sunrise is free, so is sunset)
深夜是免费的 星光也是 (Midnight is free, so is starlight)
可是对于河流我真的一无所知 (But I really know nothing about the rivers)
他是疯的在星期一 (He is insane on Monday)
可是星期五 他完全清醒 (But he is totally sane on Friday)

他从长廊深处 朝我走来 (He is walking towards me down the corridor)
在我的手上 放一个冰块 (Put an ice cube on my hand)
说那是我从来没有看过的海浪 (Told me that that's the wave that I've never seen before)
冰块都还没有溶化 (Before the ice starts to melt)
他又开始说那些疯了的话 (He starts saying those insane words again)

To be or not to be
To be or not to be
To be Ophelia
Or not to be

To be or not to be
To be or not to be
To be Ophelia
Or not to

他是他自己的诗与疯狂 (He is his own poem and madness)
而我 我将会 被花瓣盖满 (And I, will be covered, with petals)
我将会像冰块 溶化在一条河上 (I will be like ice cubes, melting on a river)
那不会是一个答案 (That will not be an answer)
那是一条河 日夜的呼唤 (That is a river, calling from the day and night)

Spoken words:
我并不知道我已经给了我的早上 (I didn't know that I have given my morning)
还有我的中午还有我的下午 (And my afternoon, and my evening)
我也并不知道也还有我的晚上 (I didn't know that I gave my night too)
我的晚上你的晚上他的晚上 (My night, your night, his night)
我们可以一起为别人度过别人的晚上 (We can spend our nights for others)
否则风吹过了你就变成风了 (Or else when the wind comes, you'll become wind)
无人在场无人出席无人哀悼 (With no one to witness, no one attending, no one mourning)

Song:
To be or not to be
To be or not to be
To be Ophelia
Or not to be

To be or not to be
To be or not to be
To be Ophelia
Or not

To be or not to be
To be or not to be
To be Ophelia
Or not to be

To be or not to be
To be or not to be
To be Ophelia

Or not

日出是免费的 夕阳也是 (Sunrise is free, so is sunset)
深夜是免费的 星光也是 (Midnight is free, so is starlight)

open group

The Music Wars: Secret 8gents !

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!