This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Battle #1 RESULTS

Topic » Battle #1 RESULTS

1271 days 20 hours ago
Weetmaster

Tonight comments will be posted live and will consist of one success (positive note) and one challenge (negative note) .

Bare with me and let鈥檚 begin!
1271 days 20 hours ago
Weetmaster
We shall begin with #TeamMelusine
1271 days 20 hours ago
humanwebjet1
ouuu!!
1271 days 20 hours ago
Weetmaster
ALISAN PORTER // Midiaw
"Let Him Fly"

Success: I'm reminded by the song Lost by Anouk. You used that same way of singing that's both melancholic and passionate. It was a bittersweet song.

Challenge: The magic was in the final act of the song as was your last submission. I challenge you to come back with a song that's just as magical in the beginning as the ending.
1271 days 20 hours ago
Weetmaster
DEMI LOVATO // Delights
"Stone Cold"

Success: You are a master at teasing the strength of your voice. You kept opening that door and then taking it back, it reminded me of hyperventilating and as your audience I was in agony alongside with you. That's what this is all about, making that connection with your audience.

Challenge: Come back and show your softer side. I want to hear what it sounds like when you don't use that strength, is your voice still magical without the powerhouse notes? (I still love them though so I won't be mad if they make a comeback next week).

#downloaded
1271 days 20 hours ago
Weetmaster
JAMES ARTHUR // humanwebjet1
"Train Wreck"

Success: I started tearing up when the aggressive growls and pain oozed out. This song successfully conveyed a different way of saying goodbye, and I can absolutely imagine what that felt like just by the way this is engineered.

Weakness: This might not have been the first take of the song, and because of that the vocals was slowly going hoarse as each growl progressed. This is definitely something to watch as the competition gets smaller and I have to nitpick.
1271 days 20 hours ago
Weetmaster
TORI KELLY // tswiftlover13
"Should've been us"

Success: That drum beat and cymbal or triangle maybe, really brighten the song and gives light to the sad lyrics. I can see people blasting this in their cars after a breakup, IT SHOULDVE BEEN US!

Challenge: The chorus really saved the song. The verses was not as strong and I think the beat overpowered your singing. Pay attention to instruments of your songs, do they aid or hinder your message?
1271 days 20 hours ago
tswiftlover13
Tori Kelly: Thank you so much for the critiques! & I will really pay attention to the next song I post 馃挆
1271 days 20 hours ago
Weetmaster
HALSEY // Jameslu
"Without Me"

Success: That distorted guitar is the best companion for your voice. I don't have synesthesia but I imagine the color purple when I hear this combo. In my brain this makes sense and is a compliment.

Challenge: The chorus was started to get too repetitive for my taste, but is largely because it played on the radio and on commercials for a very long time. So I wont hold it too much against you. Be selective and picky of which popular song to showcase, sometimes the most popular songs can be the worst picks in a competition.
1271 days 20 hours ago
Weetmaster
THE MILK CARTON KIDS // Moviemusicguy123
"Michigan"

Success: This song puts me a state of serenity, but there's also a sense of longing. As if I am reaching for a memory that's too far away to relive again. It was really beautiful work.

Challenge: This was a very different song than the first time I listened to you. And I love that. MY challenge for you is to keep the momentum and show the diversity you have in your music. Keep on impressing me.
1271 days 20 hours ago
Weetmaster
MICHAEL RICE // jfaia
"Break Free"

Success: This song can be in the ending credits of a Disney movie. It's flawlessly song and has all the tricks and vocals that makes pop music so good. This song also reminds me a lot of Willow Smith's I Am Me.

Challenge: It's not a real problem tonight, but I challenge you to show your simplistic side. You can sing the hell out of any song, I can probably give you twinkle twinkle little star and you'd Christina Aguilera the shit out of it. You got the power, now show me refinement.
1271 days 19 hours ago
Weetmaster
ALI CALDWELL // J4ckWilko
"Without You"

Success: When I heard Kelly Clarkson sing this song all those years ago, I wasn't sure if anyone could top it. Baby... Kelly better watch her back! The soul you brought and that slow crescendo and build up! TO FREEDOM???

Challenge: Once the build up reached the climax and it was time for the money notes, I wasn't sure where you were going. You didn't go to the bad place, but I was scared a little bit for you. But you were able to bring it home. My challenge for you is to allow yourself to be great and not rely on a new composition to enrich a performance. Classics can stay classics, because singers like you are timeless.
1271 days 19 hours ago
Weetmaster
LITTLE MIX // Rubes
"Break Up Song"

Success: The 80s synth was so right. The chorus was a breath of fresh air and the song beat was so fun! It added to the fantasy you were giving.

Challenge: Similar to Tori Kelly, some of the beginning versus were lost, but I think your problem was that the versus didn't go anywhere, they were plagued with a lack of note variety so we would have this extravagant chorus and then flat line. You girls have fantastic voices, sing to me all your best melodies throughout the song, not just in the chorus.
1271 days 19 hours ago
Weetmaster
HAILEE STEINFELD // Decisions
"Afterlife"

Success: The message was a good concept, and the vocal distortions was beautifully mastered and layered to give you both the autotuned voices with your real vocals together so we get the best of both worlds.

Challenge: I don't feel like the lyrics rose to the occasion of the message you were portraying. "Will you still love me in the afterlife?" is such a loaded question, and I think this song missed an opportunity and chose a repetitive route.
1271 days 19 hours ago
Weetmaster
And now we shall move on to, #TeamAtargatis
1271 days 19 hours ago
Weetmaster
WAA WEI // ilovetosing
"Heaven"

Success: The norah jones-esque style of singing and the elements of slow jazz accompanied by the tearjerking lyrics created this masterpiece. My heart felt heavy while listening to this song, just, ugh, what a gift.

Challenge: Stay on the course that you're going, it's going to be challenging enough, but I think you'll find your destination to be somewhere grand.

#downloaded

open group

The Music Wars: Secret 8gents !

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!