This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

The Induction Ceremony

Topic » The Induction Ceremony

1273 days 21 hours ago
Weetmaster
In this competition, it’s not a question of if you’ll win, The only question is whether you will choose to fight. Will you fight for your team? Will you fight for your waters and treasure? Are you the sixth siren?

Welcome. To the sixth Music Wars.

1273 days 21 hours ago
Weetmaster
I'm running behind on some things at work, but results will be up and mailers will go out once I'm at home

:)
1273 days 21 hours ago
Weetmaster
There are NO guest judges for the Induction Ceremony.

You will all be ranked and given points, but there will NOT be an elimination tonight.

Comments will be made, but no critiques! Tonight it’s all love!

Speaking of which, I’m still at work waiting for my replacement, so I’ll start sending out messages until they arrive.
1273 days 20 hours ago
tswiftlover13
https://media.giphy.com/media/pFU4ghQFMJZOPnzJ2i/giphy.gif
1273 days 20 hours ago
Weetmaster
As your host I need to make a disclaimer. 
This is a music game and therefore judging will have a level of my own subjective taste. So I will be doing my best to not judge you solely on if I like it or not, but if the song has quality. For example, I am not a fan of country music, but Reba Mcentire was still able to win this game because although I have my own taste, I can still recognize talent and give credit where it's due.

Now, on to comments!
1273 days 20 hours ago
Weetmaster
Ali Caldwell - Dangerous Woman

You have the perfect blend of rasp and soul and gave an edge to this song that Ariana could never do justice. Your voice gave me the full fantasy that song calls for. This was a terrific introduction, good work.

Alisan Porter - Blue Bayou

I’m not a major fan of this genre of music, but boy is that voice changing my mind. That last note gave me shivers and damn near made me cry. Don’t be discouraged by my taste in music, because I can recognize and give credit to talent when I see it. If Reba Mcentire can win season 4, you have just an equal shot to take the whole competition. #Downloaded

James Arthur - Empty space

I had to pause my homework and wipe away some tears. Boy does your voice hit me where it hurts. You sing with such pain that it can make angels weep. I have a feeling you’ll be milking these tears out of me all season. You may not have made that one person love you, but America is going to fall in love with you.

Jojo - Save my Soul

This song wasn’t convincing me until that chorus poured in. You can saaave ME! And I nearly jumped out of my chair. Those high notes are so raw and organic, who needs autotune when you have good vocal chords, and baby you got it.

The Milk Carton Kids - New York

I want to grab a beer right now and hang at the local pub with you guys playing front and center. There’s something so hearty about this tune. And I am always so impressed by anyone who can play an instrument so well and sing at the same time. You guys made be “Happy in New York” and happy to host you into this season of the Wars. Thank you.

Margherita Vicario - Black Skinhead (mashup?)

Points, bonus points, and kudos for posting something so out of the box and unexpected. An artist that sings in another language and somehow made a mashup using the skinhead soundtrack?? The levels in this.. Incredible. There’s elements of so many genres it makes me so excited to see what you’ll do next.
1273 days 20 hours ago
Weetmaster
Halsey - Hold Me Down

The guitar is the real star in this song. The way you play really gave me a religious experience. I was in a trance and captivated at your expense. The growling in this song was especially effective and I can feel that powerful energy you were emitting. So far everyone has impressed me and you are also included in that group. WOW.

Ingret KOSTENKO - [Idk the song title, I tried to research it, I really did]

You’re doing something no one else is doing in this competition. It’s pure artistry. There’s performing pop music to entertain the masses and then there’s performing fine art for the sake of sharing your unique mark on the world. This performance proved to me that you are in a league of your own and have the potential to do some real damage.

Demi Lovato - Father

You hit me right in the daddy issues. The final act of the song was where you punched those powerhouse notes, wow. I’m speechless, you did that to me and really took me on that journey. I’m the one in the pink hair needing a hug right now. #Downloaded

Michael Rice - Hallelujah

I think you did that song justice and I think your voice can go to great lengths and can be so incredibly versatile. That’s gonna be your superpower, you have one of those voices that can sing anything and do it flawlessly. Any team would be lucky to have you on their side.

Sunset Sons - Medicine

When I listen to this song all of the current indie films flash before my eyes and I get a modern cinematic experience. You have a great mix of classic and modern rock and I think you fit nicely into this roster of singers. I have a feeling this is only a small taste of what’s to come.
1273 days 20 hours ago
Weetmaster
Little Mix - Salute

Ladies, although I am sitting down, know that I am giving you a full salute. *crosses legs*
This was really fun, I love a good and quality girl group, and I have a feeling you’re gonna make really shake up- NEIGH, mix up this competition.

Caitlyn Vanbeck - Piece by Piece

The magic in your voice exists when your truest emotion pours out. That occurred tonight on this stage every time your voice cracked and everytime you choked up on that microphone. This is what music is about, not being technical and flawless, because that’s a skill, but to sing your heart out, now that’s what makes an artist. Thank you for allowing us to experience this moment with you.

Jessie J - I have nothing

You took a powerhouse of a song and you took your own spin on it.  There was a more somber approach which made the song’s desperation that much richer. Not many people can sing this song, and you portrayed that emotion perfectly and did the song a justice only “the greats” can manage.

Tori Kelly - All in my head

I can melt into your serenade  and be perfectly at peace if my life were to end in this moment. Your runs are to die for, your vibrato fills the room, I can’t read Auras but I can feel that energy radiate off you when you sing. Just so so good and I want to come back for more.
1273 days 20 hours ago
Weetmaster
Falling in my head - Carry On

I am so pleasantly surprised. Wow, HELL-O??!?! You’ve ignited my 2007 punk rock phase and still found a way to feel so modern. I am captivated by the breathness of your voice (which is something a lot of people hate, but I’m a fan of the breathy vocals, and you do it pleasantly). The message of the song is rad too, you’ve turn me into a big fan. #downloaded

Hailey Steinfeld - Starving

I have to admit, I already have a remix of this song on my ipod playlist for when I go lifting because the beat is so fun. I also am instantly in love with everything ZEDD writes, so this matchup with your voice and his track work really well. This was a good start to the competition and I’m excited to see what you’ll bring next.

Nao - Drive and Disconnect

We don’t have a chair that spins on this show but I’d press that button right now. Can we get a button production? …. Production says no. This is one of those moments where you stray from the pack and give me something of your own creation and unapologetically you. Thank you for letting us visit planet Nao, and I indeed enjoyed my stay and will be coming back for more.

Kylie Minogue - Hey Lonely

I was Paula Abdul clapping the entire time this song was playing. Loved that chorus, YUM! I immediately thought of Carly Rae Jepsen’s B sides when I played this, and let’s be honest, I probably should be saying Carly Rae copied your idea Kylie because I really really really really really like you…. Runaway with me *horns play in the distance*

Waa Wei - [I couldn’t catch the title]

You and Tori Kelly have the same gift of being able to sing to a seedling and watch it growth from the warmth of our voice. I couldn’t understand what you were singing but it doesn’t matter, I don’t need to know. The melody carries through your message, and my message to you is simple as well, I adore you so much. What a way to end out the induction night.
1273 days 20 hours ago
Weetmaster
I must say, this is the best launch party I have ever witnessed, and is by far the strongest cast I’ve ever had. It’s going to be one hell of a season and I am going to have so much trouble letting any of you go.
1273 days 20 hours ago
Weetmaster
Tonight you will be ranked in tiers and then randomized into the teams, but there will be points delivered to your scores. Once again, no one is being eliminated, do not be discouraged should you find yourself in the bottom tiers.

Point Distribution:

TIER 1
1st :: 15 Points
2nd :: 12 Points
3rd ::12 Points
4th :: 11 Points

TIER 2
5th :: 10 Points
6th :: 10 Points
7th :: 10 Points
8th :: 10 Points

TIER 3
9th :: 9 Points
10th :: 7 Points
11th :: 7 Points
12th ::6 Points

TIER 4
13th :: 5 Points
14th :: 5 Points
15th :: 5 Points
16th :: 5 Points

TIER 5
17th :: 4 Points
18th :: 3 Points
19th :: 2 Points
20th :: 1 Point

Everyone gets a point for submitting. Inactives get 0 points.
1273 days 20 hours ago
Weetmaster
[Made a typo]

Let’s see how I ranked all of your performances.

TIER 1
15 Points :: Alisan Porter
12 Points :: Falling in my head
12 Points :: Demi Lovato
11 Points :: Waa Wei

There were 4 items in your list. Here they are in random order:
Alisan Porter
Demi Lovato
Waa Wei
Falling in my head
Timestamp: 2020-11-08 00:43:13 UTC
This means Alisan Porter and Demi Lovato, you have joined Team Melusine, and Waa Wei and Falling in my head falls into Team Atargatis

Team Melusine
Alisan Porter
Demi Lovato

Team Atargatis
Waa Wei
Falling in my head
1273 days 20 hours ago
Weetmaster
TIER 2
10 Points :: Ingret Kostenko
10 Points :: James Arthur
10 Points :: Kylie Minogue
10 Points :: Tori Kelly

James Arthur
Tori Kelly
Ingret Kostenko
Kylie Minogue
Timestamp: 2020-11-08 00:49:29 UTC

Say hello to your new family!

Team Melusine
Alisan Porter
Demi Lovato
James Arthur
Tori Kelly

Team Atargatis
Waa Wei
Falling in my head
Ingret Kostenko
Kylie Minogue
1273 days 19 hours ago
Weetmaster
TIER 3
9 Points :: Halsey
7 Points :: Nao
7 Points :: The Milk Carton Kids
6 Points :: Jessie J

You did it kids!

Halsey
The Milk Carton Kids
Jessie J
Nao
Timestamp: 2020-11-08 00:52:37 UTC

Team Melusine
Alisan Porter
Demi Lovato
James Arthur
Tori Kelly
Halsey
The Milk Carton Kids

Team Atargatis
Waa Wei
Falling in my head
Ingret Kostenko
Kylie Minogue
Jessie J
Nao
1273 days 19 hours ago
Weetmaster
TIER 4

13th :: 5 Points :: Ali Caldwell
14th :: 5 Points :: Michael Rice
15th :: 5 Points :: Caitlyn Vanbeck
16th :: 5 Points :: Jojo

Michael Rice
Ali Caldwell
Caitlyn Vanbeck
Jojo
Timestamp: 2020-11-08 03:17:23 UTC

May the fourth be with you :)

Team Melusine
Alisan Porter
Demi Lovato
James Arthur
Tori Kelly
Halsey
The Milk Carton Kids
Michael Rice
Ali Caldwell

Team Atargatis
Waa Wei
Falling in my head
Ingret Kostenko
Kylie Minogue
Jessie J
Nao
Caitlyn Vanbeck
Jojo
1273 days 19 hours ago
Weetmaster
TIER 5
17th :: 4 Points :: Margherita Vicario
18th :: 3 Points :: Sunset Sons
19th :: 2 Points :: Little Mix
20th :: 1 Point :: Hailee Steinfeld

Little Mix
Hailee Steinfeld
Margherita Vicario
Sunset Sons
Timestamp: 2020-11-08 03:23:38 UTC

FINAL TEAMS

Team Melusine
Alisan Porter
Demi Lovato
James Arthur
Tori Kelly
Halsey
The Milk Carton Kids
Michael Rice
Ali Caldwell
Little Mix
Hailee Steinfeld

Team Atargatis
Waa Wei
Falling in my head
Ingret Kostenko
Kylie Minogue
Jessie J
Nao
Caitlyn Vanbeck
Jojo
Margherita Vicario
Sunset Sons

open group

The Music Wars: Secret 8gents !

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!