This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

TSC 538 Final

Topic » TSC 538 Final

219 days 12 hours ago
ryan5676
15) Peach PRC - 'Forever Drunk'
219 days 12 hours ago
ryan5676
16) The Howlers - 'El Dorado'
219 days 12 hours ago
ryan5676
17) Antoine Wend - 'Morsure'
219 days 12 hours ago
ryan5676
18) Kiki - '666'
219 days 12 hours ago
ryan5676
19) Hannah Jadagu - 'What You Did'
219 days 12 hours ago
ryan5676
20) Justin Quiles, Robin Schulz - 'AEIOU'
219 days 12 hours ago
ryan5676
21) Alemeda - 'First Love Song'
219 days 12 hours ago
ryan5676
22) Hikaru Utada - 'Bad Mode'
Starts (0:03) Ends (5:01)
219 days 11 hours ago
ryan5676
23) Barry Harris - 'Dive In The Pool (ft. Pepper Mashay)'
219 days 11 hours ago
ryan5676
All 23 songs have been POSTED!!!!!

You all have until Sunday 9pm GMT/4pm EST to comment and vote!
219 days 11 hours ago
ryan5676
tbrown_47’s comments

01) Stefanie Sun: The instrumentation is quite good. It has a very cinematic quality to it. This really is giving drama theme song. As a whole composition, I’m not sure I’m totally sold because her vocals aren’t really giving much. But woooo this instrumentation

02) Trisha Paytas: I love Christmas music much more than the average person should. But I have limits. Granted, this is better than I expected, but be for real. Are we still stanning and listening to Trisha Paytas in 2023? In this economy? It’s time to move on methinks

03) Estratosfera: Racecar is a palindrome! And apparently a song!

04) Paramore: I’ve always been a Paramore fan, and I love Remi Wolf. This collab is so funny to me for some reason. Probably because on my This is Why journey, the original song really grew on me. Like You First is my 4th or 5th favorite song on that album (sounds low but it’s a compliment. I really like the album). And honestly, none of the reimagined/remixed songs really impact me in any meaningful way. This is cute and I like this, but the time to send this was right when the album was released, just before it charted (I assumed it did, I’m not a billboard gal). Long live the OG! But bop

05) ALIEN ALIEN: Ngl I really was hoping this would be a full instrumental with that long ass intro. I’m really not a fan of beeps and boops in my music. Like we don’t need those dripping sounds. And the fact that it really composed the main melody really just made me feel more annoyed than anything. But the rest of the instrumentation was actually quite good. I actually was moving, I can’t lie. This is close to being a smash hit, but I think some different production choices would’ve hit harder with me. Honestly the longer this goes on, the more it grows on me. Bald

06) Now, Now: Good music has no time limit; this song should. I’ve never heard a more boring, unengaging song.

07) POOHUNNIT HD: I thought this was going to be a meme send from the thumbnail, but this was actually good. He had a nice flow and the beat was bumping. I stan

08) JENNIE: I heard the very first note and knew that this would not be for me. Not the chorus…yeah noah fence but this is horrendous

09) Sufjan Stevens: I think I’ve only heard one or two of his non-Christmas songs. I really like his Christmas songs! This is a cute acoustic moment. I’m not gagged by any means, but it’s cute

10) Omah Lay: A vibe from start to finish. I dig it

11) Crosslegged: I feel like she has a hit in her. This isn’t it though. The vocals don’t really match the track imo. This honestly feels like her producers were trying to subtly sabotage her. This could’ve been a hit but ended up being a bit of a miss. Maybe some bedroom pop should stay in the room

12) Crush: I can’t tell if I’m neutral towards this or if I hate this. I won’t be dramatic, this isn’t bad. Parts of the instrumentation I can vibe with, especially the outro. And I think objectively he has a nice voice, but this just doesn’t really appeal to me on the whole. He’s kind of a cutie though so werk

13) Bellah: This is kind of the beat to end all beats. Like it’s bumping! This is a whole ass vibe, and I’m here for it

14) Syd, Smino: Syd icon

15) Peach PRC: I have yet to hear a good song from Peach PRC. This is terrible. Like where’s the flavor? Everything about this is so bland and unoriginal. Like I’d give her “you tried” insult but like I can’t imagine an artist actually trying and this being the final product

16) The Howlers: Overall, I enjoyed this

17) Antoine Wend: If all I have to do to be a “musician” is just sing over a synthy beat, then give me a synth and sign me up. The barrier to entry really is at an all time lol lmao

18) Kiki: It’s fine

19) Hannah Jadagu: Oh boy. Here we go. If this wins, I better see a 4.5 next to my name because no one here was listening to Hannah Jadagu before I introduced her to the world. Believe that! When I sent Say It Now, I literally sent this song first and changed my mind because I didn’t think TSC would appreciate it (though TSC didn’t appreciate Say It Now since it got 2nd to some lame ass pop song). This IS her best song. And I hope I’m wrong and this gets the flowers it deserves because she ate this up and left no crumbs. You haven’t heard music until you’ve heard this outro. Like wow. This song is just an entire aesthetic wrapped in a 3 minute package. The composition, the instrumentation, the dreaminess in her vocals. Really is just *chef’s kiss*

20) Justin Quiles, Robin Schulz: Is it bad? No. Is it for me? No. Good for them though because they look like they are having fun

21) Alemeda: Wait, I was not expecting this lol. I’m actually bald. And she actually has a budget for a band and a real camera? Queen. It’s not perfect, but it has a nice, endearing quality to it. I’m actually kind of obsessed with this.

22) Hikaru Utada: This is very cute. She makes good music! I like her!

23) Barry Harris: I kid you not, I was yasssssing so hard at the intro. Then she started talking and it took me out. This was genuinely enjoyable though. I smiled
219 days 11 hours ago
ryan5676
Natepresnell’s comments

01) Stefanie Sun - I’ll just say I am glad this was put first in the running order
02) Trisha Paytas - My expectations weren’t very high but this was not terrible and quite catchy during some parts
03) Estratosfera - I’m scared what is this
04) Paramore - I had high expectations considering it’s Paramore but idk. The lyrics themselves seemed very empty and the song itself was just.. the same all throughout?
05) ALIEN ALIEN - If you’re going to take 2 minutes to start singing please make it worth it. The music video is at least entertaining but I can’t imagine wanting to listen to this again, it was kinda annoying
06) Now, Now - This was cute for what it was but it could have been slightly shorter
07) POOHUNNIT HD - Honestly, this stands out quite a lot in this boring final. The song is also the perfect length to keep me interested
08) JENNIE - I think the music video enhances the song because if I came across this on Spotify or whatever it would never grab my attention
09) Sufjan Stevens - I was not intrigued at all at the start but it turns into such a pretty song
10) Omah Lay - I’ve listened to this contest really out of order so this is my 2nd to last song and honestly, it came at a perfect time. This is great
11) Crosslegged - I just fail to see what could make me want to listen to this again
12) Crush - No thanks this was too messy. I think it was bringing in too many elements and it didn’t really work for me
13) Bellah - It’s just a vibey song and those hardly ever grab my attention
14) Syd, Smino - This was headed in a good direction but the man… next time without the man
15) Peach PRC - I will never forget when Montero almost lost to Josh like I truly think that would’ve been such a funny timeline. This is probably one of her few songs that I find fun
16) The Howlers - These types of songs in TSC have recently been such pleasant listens
17) Antoine Wend - I don’t have anything to really dislike about this, it’s solid
18) Kiki - This is like the first proper bop of the contest, a slay if you will
19) Hannah Jadagu - This just didn’t go anywhere
20) Justin Quiles, Robin Schulz - Robin Schulz will never fail me
21) Alemeda - I quite enjoyed this tbh
22) Hikaru Utada - I’m sure this will have its audience but it really didn’t do much for me
23) Barry Harris - I think you have to be in the mood for this but it’s fun
219 days 11 hours ago
ryan5676
nateclove’s comments

01) Stefanie Sun - omg stefanie diva... I actually really enjoy a slower opener for once which I don't usually say! maybe stefanie has converted me into someone who enjoys slow songs? bald....
02) Trisha Paytas - im losing my mind at this coming out in like 2019 but sounding so 2012.... trisha ate idk idk.... go falala falala yourself...
03) Estratosfera - this coming on after trisha paytas was such an experience. and before you ask yes I think this is a hit. like duh. i've never come across a more nate bait song likeeee
04) Paramore - this is actually....not that bad! that chorus is actually so cunty omg.... wait I'm coming around this is kinda a hit...who knew who knew...muna ur so over bitch
05) ALIEN ALIEN - this is the first song of the week I'm not really vibing with. it's kinda long too. sorry sender!
06) Now, Now - wait I'm kinda bald why is this kind of a hit... I don't really enjoy her voice that much but that chorus is a smash hit omggggg.....she's mother a bit idk
07) POOHUNNIT HD - this was kinda overshadowed by the hit that came before it... I like this? But it doesn't really have anything about it that stands out unfortunately. oh wait omg he only has 376 monthly listeners... okay I have to stan now. this is something that doesn't have a production team behind it and he still managed to make it sound good. we love that!! support this man omg...
08) JENNIE - this chorus is amazing but come on now... these verses.... what is that. what is that. but the chorus serves... hugs jennie sm that's mom
09) Sufjan Stevens - oh the way this builds is so good weooooowoowowoowo omg this is like so like... ethereal I guess? this third act PHEW oh wow that was saur good... maybe men are talented?
10) Omah Lay - after all these long ass songs I'm very appreciative of a short ass song that just gets to the point. I mean come on now. let's not lie. this is great. we love the beats!
11) Crosslegged - this is very good! nice and chill! love the synths that slowly come in as well. she nibbled a bit.
12) Crush - I'm really enjoying the beat since it's quite catchy and I can find myself wanting to dance to this if I was like 3 shots in!
13) Bellah - BITCHHHHHHH this is a fucking HIT oh girl this is definitely a standout for me this week with that gorg voice oh my lordy
14) Syd, Smino - OKAYYYYYY!!!!! these HITS one after the next you did NOT need to do this to me ryan brown!!!! we DANCED!!!!!
15) Peach PRC - omg another HIT!!!!! we love this diva she's so crazyyyy can't take her anywhere!!!!
16) The Howlers - oh this actually isn't that bad. not really a big standout this week but tolerable enough!
17) Antoine Wend - didn't hate it! but definitely didn't love it either unfortunately. a nice listen.
18) Kiki - it was quite fun! kiki4ever ate a bit!
19) Hannah Jadagu - oh this queen I really need to get into her album gig cause I've legitimately enjoyed everything I've heard from her. you go miss jadagu!!
20) Justin Quiles, Robin Schulz - kinda not vibing with this sadly! I'd probably turn up more if it was like 1am at the club but at 10pm in my bed? not as much.
21) Alemeda - not as good as gonna bleach my eyebrows but this was cute! we are patiently awaiting the album.
22) Hikaru Utada - wait not MOMaru utada submitted omgggg... she has way better songs imo but this was cute!!! we stan mother!!
23) Barry Harris - this works as a good closer to the week! but it's not really something I'd listen to again unless I was, once again, in the club at 1am.
219 days 11 hours ago
ryan5676
Tepr’s comments

01) Stefanie Sun
A Little loungy, a little timid, a little bland, a little bit disappointing  considering she has a nice voice, it was okay
02) Trisha Paytas
Am here for the body positivity in the video. Not so much the song… Chorus is catchy surprisingly
03) Estratosfera
Honestly it has its moments, but there were few and far between
04) Paramore
Honestly feels like the first proper song of the contest. I hear it’s cool to like Paramore now. I might just be superficial enough now to believe this.
05) ALIEN ALIEN
Oh that is a trashy, dirty, but sexy drop.. Honestly the far right would use this to argue that the world is ending. In all fact, i’m feeling a little bit left out. Somgwise it needed more of a punch to keep me invested
06) Now, Now
Oh the second proper song of the contest, either this is really good, or the rest have been just really bad, i think the latter. This was fantastic. The ending was gripping.
07) POOHUNNIT HD
Yass, heading bopping vibes.. Sadly too short to make a substantial impact
08) JENNIE
Its not giving me what i need for it stand out.. A little do a little dance, sing a little song, drop a little basic rap..
09) Sufjan Stevens
Oh Sufjan you beautiful bastard. Not nearly his best, but my heart is sad for his loss. The term simplicity really works best for him.
10) Omah Lay
Strangely different, and yet also a little generic. I really wanted to like this more than i did.
11) Crosslegged
Is the intention to make the viewer sick with this video, what an awful decision. I had to look away, and this is actually a nice song.
12) Crush
Best way to describe this is pleasant.
13) Bellah
This has a rather magical aesthetic to it. I feel like one listen does not do this song justice, could be a real grower. It was a little anticlimactic
14) Syd, Smino
Very one note, was happy when it was over
15) Peach PRC
Found her vocals very annoying. That chorus is one of the most irritating things….
16) The Howlers
Initially, it felt a little generic, and to be honest it really is,, but i dont think i mind. There’s some nice instrumental solos that are serving. Solid build up to be frank
17) Antoine Wend
I could forgive the song if he was actually good looking. That nose is straight outta The Walking Dead.
18) Kiki
Uhhh kind of annoying despite being ethereal enough to make me fall asleep
19) Hannah Jadagu
Thank christ for the shift here. Ugh yeah i feel those instruments in me bones. Her vocals are rather dreamy. Im loving this juxtaposition. Oh gimme me it all
20) Justin Quiles, Robin Schulz
And then this, ya no whats its fine, i dont hate it, but its painfully generic.
21) Alemeda
Ah its a little too simple, but i am grateful for its cuteness
22) Hikaru Utada
Love her vocals, and the jazzy undertones to this. She is rather magical
23) Barry Harris
Can we get in the fucking pool already…… oh ya? Shit it’s bloody full already.. Thats grand i have Covid anyhow!
219 days 10 hours ago
Currents
01) Stefanie Sun - i dont want to yuck anyone’s yum but it’s actually baffling that there’s a market for this type of music in 2023 & ive heard some variation of this exact song every week since returning
02) Trisha Paytas - okay, festive! trisha’s music career has never been my favorite side hustle of hers & this hasn’t moved the needle lol but the chorus bops
03) Estratosfera - surprised at how background noise-y this was given the cuntiness the artists exude in the video… wack!
04) Paramore - i refuse to buy into this whole “remi wolf” character but the OG version of this song is the only one off TIW im not super obsessed with and i think this is an upgrade in many ways… smelli wolf you win the battle, not the war. that being said people taking a paramore spot for a song hayley doesn’t even sing on is a bit aggravating grr
05) ALIEN ALIEN - ok rule-breaker! im tapping my foot a little it’s not like AMAZING or anything ill probably never revisit but i gravitate more toward this style than most of whats submitted these days
06) Now, Now - this feels so random idk i was bored then i liked where it was going then the 3 minute mark happened and i was taken aback, then sad that i had 2 more minutes left. too boring to be H&M dressing room music
07) POOHUNNIT HD - LMFAOOOOOO at who this is? to be honest i really fuck with this its pretty standard soudncloud fare but i like the flow & beat despite being pretty terribly mixed
08) JENNIE - ive somehow never heard this? kinda shocked this flop couldnt chart but im sure it will go #1 at H&Ms by black friday. pretty forgettable
09) Sufjan Stevens - another song/project ive yet to hear except i actually knew about this one not the aforementioned snooze… really loved this, beautifully written and outro gave me chills. thanks for submitting this ill be streaming album next depressive episode <3
10) Omah Lay - got my foot tapping and head bobbing a bit! ended prematurely so although i may not feel SUPER strongly i enjoyed this
11) Crosslegged - it’s interesting enough to leave an impression which i appreciate but doesn’t do an awful lot for me. pleasant i guess?
12) Crush - oh im bopping my head again… this production is very cool kinda gives me pharrell (non-derogatory). even though it veers toward repetitive territory i enjoyed this quite a bit!
13) Bellah - i dont mind this despite the fact that it doesnt really go anywhere. im biased in that i gravitate to R&B i wouldnt really say its boppy but id revisit it and the hook melody was stuck in my head
14) Syd, Smino - ohhhh a throwback this went #1 in my car in fall 2021. neither of their best work but i love both artists & i appreciate a summery light bop especially this week
15) Peach PRC - havent thought of this lady in years & i see she’s doing the same shtick & releasing the same music, okay consistency! the production really does save this from being terrible like i am moving my head back & forth but im not 19 anymore so this is pretty hilariously bad songwriting
16) The Howlers - in the words of an artist i used to stan: “It isn’t love, it isn’t hate, it’s just indifference.”
17) Antoine Wend - see above but this one was a little more annoying when he started screaming in the last 40 seconds like whoa my volume wasn’t even that high
18) Kiki - i get the appeal, i do. i like it more than i thought i would her voice is nice and the production is good but the chorus does irk me i cant put my finger on it…
19) Hannah Jadagu - very pretty voice and i like the production on this a whole lot. melodically not TOTALLY sold & wish it was as strong as the other aspects of this song, there’s a lot of potential though i’ll be seeking this lady out…
20) Justin Quiles, Robin Schulz - reminds me of what would play in a bar i hate but a song i wouldnt totally want to die hearing, but it is generic & i have no desire to revisit 
21) Alemeda - oh this is a bit gorgeous, isn’t it?! really love the guitars in this and her voice is so nice. i’m not saying a lot but i’m very pleased!
22) Hikaru Utada - oh this legend but we needed something from Exodus i think… into the production & her voice sounds good. i thought it would overstay its welcome around the halfway point but i actually like how the song ends more than how it began… awww love that we’re ending this contest on a good note mhm exactly what we deserve
23) Barry Harris - you know what? i WOULD like to dive in the pool! i like the buildup more than the “drop” but id be feral if i was schwasted and this came on let’s be real.

open group

Tengaged Song Contest (Current)

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!