This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

TSC 492 Final - Latin America Week

Topic » TSC 492 Final - Latin America..

626 days 8 hours ago
ryan5676
It will be posted soon.
626 days 8 hours ago
ryan5676
Here is the Spotify Playlist for TSC 492: Latin America Week and all the songs are on it:
https://open.spotify.com/playlist/24AgAaQRBMJ1q6kI65Cfwx?si=535a1f2bda434624
625 days 20 hours ago
ryan5676
Running Order

01) Lido Pimienta
02) Esteman
03) Danna Paola, Mau y Ricky
04) Daniela Darcourt
05) Girl Ultra
06) Laura Rizzotto
07) TINI
08) Carlinhos Brown & Mikael Mutti
09) La Ley
10) Domino Saints
11) TSHEGUE
12) Isla Mujeres
13) Ms Nina
14) Gianna Sotera
15) Mon Laferte
16) Cazzu, María Becerra
17) Paulo Londra
18) IZA
19) Six Sex
20) La Chica
21) Deorro
22) Alaina Castillo
23) Pitty, Drik Barbosa, WEKS
625 days 20 hours ago
ryan5676
01) Lido Pimienta - 'Nada (ft. Li Saumet)'

02) Esteman - 'Baila'

03) Danna Paola, Mau y Ricky - 'Cachito'

04) Daniela Darcourt - 'Con Mi Amiga'
625 days 20 hours ago
ryan5676
05) Girl Ultra - 'Amores de droga'

06) Laura Rizzotto - 'THE HIGH'

07) TINI - 'Carne y Hueso'

08) Carlinhos Brown & Mikael Mutti - 'Sapo Cai'
625 days 20 hours ago
ryan5676
09) La Ley - 'Reino de la verdad'

10) Domino Saints - 'My Way'

11) TSHEGUE - 'Muanapoto'
Starts 0:54

12) Isla Mujeres - 'Esperándote'
625 days 20 hours ago
ryan5676
13) Ms Nina - 'Tu Sicaria (ft. Beauty Brain)'

14) Gianna Sotera - 'Desvelo'

15) Mon Laferte - 'Aunque Te Mueras Por Volver'

16) Cazzu, María Becerra - 'Maléfica'
625 days 20 hours ago
ryan5676
17) Paulo Londra - 'Luces'

18) IZA - 'FÉ'

19) Six Sex - 'Area 69 (ft. La Finesse)'

20) La Chica - 'La Loba'
625 days 20 hours ago
ryan5676
21) Deorro - 'Bailar (ft. Elvis Crespo)'

22) Alaina Castillo - '¡párate! '

23) Pitty, Drik Barbosa, WEKS  - 'Diamante'
625 days 20 hours ago
ryan5676
All 23 songs have been posted!

You have got until Sunday September 4th at 8:30pm BST/3:30pm EST to post your comments and send me your votes! (I'm giving you an extra hour as I will be busy before then)

Good luck!
624 days 23 hours ago
1001games
Lido Pimienta: It was okay. A tad repetitive but still kept my attention.

Esteman: This was nice! The disco sound and the cowbell throughout the song was cool! Really solid!

Danna Paola, Mau y Ricky: Giving me Arianna Grande vibes. Not a fan of this unfortunately.

Daniela Darcourt: This screams latin! Really well put together song. Really good!

Girl Ultra: This was quite the bore!

Laura Rizzotto: Oh yikes this was major cringe!

TINI: Def has a nice voice but the song kind of bored me :/

Carlinhos Brown & Mikael Mutti: I love this movie! This song was a great fit for this week for sure! Really enjoyable!

La Ley: This had a 80’s rock vibe which I really liked. It could have been better but this was a pretty good song overall!

Domino Saints: A nice upbeat tune! Clubby but good!

TSHEGUE: Not sure what to think here. It was kinda messy and I got lost fairly quickly.

Isla Mujeres: Really not feeling this one. Sorry!

Ms Nina: Interesting. Not really my thing but its good for it not being my thing lol.

Gianna Sotera: Oooo okay! Liking the soft rock going on. The song was super relaxing in a way and just made me groove!

Mon Laferte: This felt super theatrical which I have no issue with. It was super powerful and her voice was amazing! Really enjoyed this!

Cazzu, María Becerra: This just aint it! Sorry!

Paulo Londra: Basic white boy pop. Pass.

IZA: This was okay. The overall vibe was nice. It just didnt wow me I guess.

Six Sex: Yeah no. Next!

La Chica: What in the weird? This was a bit too weird for my liking.

Deorro: Not bad overall! That beat drop was something though. Really nice!

Alaina Castillo: Not for me. Sorry!

Pitty, Drik Barbosa, WEKS: Could’ve been a better closing song but I didnt hate it.
624 days 1 hour ago
ganghandedcat
01 : Lido Pimienta ft. Li Samuet - Nada : i like how we have this song in the beginning, a good cleanse to open up the pores of this week. i feel very in touch with the story lido is telling in this song. slay.
02 : Esteman - Baila : girl of all the esteman songs you could choose... at least this one is kind of funny.
03 : Danna Paola, Mau y Ricky - Cachito : i see someone's wanting to block off danna paola's new single for 20 weeks. very typical of its genre, but queen. nice bridge... kinda camp.
04 : Daniela Darcourt - Con mi amiga : i enjoy this style of music but this execution isn't the best, but mother <3
05 : Girl Ultra - Amores de droga : i'm not being baited here it's not that good but it's still cute! i wish more went on. i like it still! very motr.
06 : Laura Rizzotto - The High : LMFAO please.... not her back back again. Song's funny.
07 : TINI - Carne y Hueso : interesting way to capitalise this song TINI dear, a very by-the-numbers number of this type of singer, it's cute! again.
08 : Carlinhos Brown & Mikael Mutti - Sapo Cai : oh i'm getting my life to this mario kart number i'm really investing myself into these beats.
09 : La Ley - Reino de la verdad : bless your heart <3 the song isn't even bad i'm just very :| at it. no.
10 : Domino Saints - My Way : oh this is so good right up my alley i would listen to this regularly. actually i take that back as a whole package it's rather clunky. first half was better.
11 : TSHEGUE - Muanapoto : i mean this is an interesting send for this week, i did consider this like 2 years ago but thought it was over 5 minutes.. since it was on spotify and the mv too. but apparently not. good song, may get drowned out a lot or win this week. no inbetween.
12 : Isla Mujeres - Esperándote : i'm not falling for this. again, it's nice. very dean buckhart. very argentinian. nice song, easy listening, that's it.
13 : Ms Nina ft. Beauty Brain - Tu Sicaria : oh rise + stand up for the national anthem of the neoperreos omfggggg i'm getting so much life to this even if this isn't my favourite ms nina song at all.
14 : Gianna Sotera - Desvelo : again falls into the camp of nice, easy listening but very middle of the road. slightly worse than the other examples this week.
15 : Mon Laferte - Aunque Te Mueras Por Volver : classy and elegant. not that good a song, nowhere near mon laferte's best to be honest. one of her songs woulda sweeped the week if i'm being honest. i did nearly consider sending it but in the end i was like, too soon.
16 : Cazzu, María Becerra - Maléfica : maría becerra has got around a lot these past 14 days. i wish there was more life here and not just visuals, but again, it's the motr camp.
17 : Paulo Londra - Luces : oh please... it's not bad actually but i don't know my full feelings? i think the breakdown into the verse is what loses me. not camp enough.
18 : IZA - Fé : iza has got around a lot these past 14 days, haunting me massively. this song is probably going to do very well this week, i get why. it's not bad, it's nice. falls into the motr camp again but that balances out with the language of love (portuguese), the visuals, and the gospel choir. very much a song for the stories.
19 : Six Sex - Area 69 : nothing beats spacex for me. having this as ur replacement send is funny to me. it still goes off though, neoperreo eternally for the win!! i'm still twerking. others may judge you but i support yuo maria escarmiento sender.
20 : La Chica - La Loba : lmfaooo please but i can't deny that the art is here.
21 : Deorro ft. Elvis Crespo - Bailar : i forgot all about this song lmfaoooo but this is probably the first one that made me smile/chuckle this week so well done!
22 : Alaina Castillo - ¡párate! : it may have passed the 2020 sellby date by now at the maxima x counter, but it's still a little serve in 2022 i am getting my life!
23 : Pitty, Drik Barbosa, WEKS - Diamante : the way that this song gave us life after tom and i demanded it to. at 2:30. but only for like 10 seconds. if it stayed like that the whole way through i would have been much happier.
623 days 21 hours ago
FromAWindow
01) Lido Pimienta - Oooh pretty. So the actual instrumentation itself is kinda whatever minus the flute. But the vocals?? Mmmmmmmmmm savory to my tongue yassssss. It’s like a good ish song :) Ooh a murder okay now I’m vibing with it more yasss. The ending was nice!

02) Esteman - It’s like fine enough as a song, groovy, but wowwwww he cannot sing. He has the most bland tone I’ve heard in a long ass time. 

03) Danna Paola, Mau y Ricky - I was on board for just her, layered and good pop is something I’ll always be behind but wowwwwwww this song is so sexist the way these men RUIN her whole career wowwwwwww twitter should cancel them.

04) Daniela Darcourt - The horns and the drums are by far the best part of the song, I feel like I should be living but I’m not. It comes close, it’s cute and nice and stuff but not totally hitting the mark for me. Sorry :// OMG STOP STARING AT THEM THATS CREEPY

05) Girl Ultra - Ooooooooh it’s gorgeous. Very feminine and cunty but floaty at the same time. The loveliest of conundrums. This was a serve, I really really loved this :))) Grats to whoever stole this from Brave LMAOOOO

06) Laura Rizzotto - I’m very sorry sender, although risotto is actually my favorite food, wow this song is so so bad I’m very sorry. Just no distinct melody or reason to make this song. I’m sorry I hate it <3

07) TINI - This is so bland to me but go off queen pussy pop legend icon or something gay yasss(?). Okay wait. The second chorus added harmonies and that made it MUCH better. It’s still fine tbh but the second chorus kicked it into gear. Kinda the only redeeming part of the song.

08) Carlinhos Brown & Mikael Mutti - No because why was this BETTER THAN MOST OF THE SONGS SO FAR???????? Like an orchestra with a UNISONED CHOIR????? And the BUILD????? Honestly boppppp go off animated KINGSSSSS!!!

09) La Ley - *sighs* I’m sorry I don’t like this </3

10) Domino Saints - YAAAAAASSSSSSSSS THIS IS SUCH CAMP TO ME LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOO No this is like actually so so terrible to me but idk why maybe it was the ads or the super extra voguing but I CACKLED at this thank you sender omg omg

11) TSHEGUE - Yasssssssssssssssss duh. First of all, a quick aside, the beat at the beginning was the same beat as the intro for “Bet on it” from HSM2 so ty for that memory. Secondly, this was THE serveeeeee yassssssssss duh the beat was HOTTTT and this just felt so inspired and cultured and just wow I loved this so much. Dancing sooooooo Fucking hard rn.

12) Isla Mujeres - Okayyyyyy total tame impala vibe going on here then it gets SOOOO COOL AND GLITCHY YASSSSS yeah this was kind of a total vibe. This is just really intense in a way I like and the music sounds so so good to me. Vibeeeeeee but also bopppppppp

13) Ms Nina - GIRLIEEEEEEE lmaooo oh this trainwreck that I love thank you for this. Not quite as funny as Domino Saints but ground breaking nonetheless.

14) Gianna Sotera - No this is sooooo pretty. Loves my little indie white girl so much. But really the instrumentation was popping and I really really enjoyed this :))) The bass and guitar hit really well, the vocals near the end were sooooo gorgeous and I loved this :)))

15) Mon Laferte - Oh mawma now THIS IS DRAMA!!! This full orchestral piece with a band too AND YESSSSSSSSSSSSS THIS CHORUS IM YASSSING SO FUCKING HARD YASSSSSSSSSSSSSS GOOSEBUMPS CHILLS ETCETERA YASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. Oh Sulu Kobeison WISHES she just made the rugs for this music video, mawma this is CINEMA, the Nicole Kidman AMC experience COME ONNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!! Oh no and la chica is here too, oh voting this week will be so so difficult but I LOVED THISS YASSSSSSSSS

16) Cazzu, María Becerra - This is cute, trying to be cunty and almost reaching it but not exactly achieving it. And after MOTHER the song before nothing will stack up, I’m very sorry you’re a victim of the running order, blame random.org. I will relisten later before voting to hear this independently of the song before.

17) Paulo Londra - This was atrocious before the beat drop. Then that happened and it started to serve just a bit. Then it grew a tad with the best switch ups and I eventually came around to it quite a bit! A tiny TINY bit. Good song )))

18) IZA - This is so so so gorgeous with the guitar and the beat. Yeah and the CHOIR? Yeah this is right up my alley duh I like this soooooooooooo much this is soooooooo good. Kind of a moment tbh, didn’t expect a serve like this this week tbh. Queen IZA yasssss

19) Six Sex - Heard this in research for the week, it’s solid pop and a good pop song but idk it’s just also not the most interesting song in the world. But it is very well done for the genre especially and it’s catchy to an extent, a good song :)

20) La Chica - This or Milan Ring would’ve been fighting for my 12 in the final if this was the French song representing in HSC tbh, like it wouldn’t have been as clear to me as my 12 became bc both songs are SO gorgeous. Like. I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeee this song, it’s such gorgeous art. And exceptionally produced, and just so driven and well written and I ADOREEEEEEEE this song. So fucking robbed in not representing in ANYTHING this year? Girlie. Tbh this deserves the world. An INCREDIBLE WORK OF ART!!!! LOBA!!!!!!!!!!!! LOBA!!!!!!!!!!!

21) Deorro - YESSSSSS THIS CHAOS I LIVE FOR but also loveeeeee these horns yassssss. This is so so perfectly chaotic. I’m so so into this lmaoooooo. It’s perfection tbh thank you sender lmaooooo.

22) Alaina Castillo - Oh this is a bopppppppppp kind of gorgeous but also like so so so SOOOOOO cunty. Like wowwwwwwww this is kind of incredible. Serveeeeeeeeeee this is just an incredibly well done pop song tbh PARATE PARATE PARATE PARATE PARATE PARATEEEEEE YASSSSSS!!!!!

23) Pitty, Drik Barbosa, WEKS - Meh, Alaina should’ve been the closer imagine ending the week with that serve instead of this just meh attempt at a song. It’s fine or whatever, well produced but kinda boring tbh. Kinda dozing off wow glad this is the last song so I didn’t continue to drift off LMAOO
623 days 21 hours ago
eveee20
01) Lido Pimienta- these visuals were nice! I liked the vocals, but the rest of the song was meh. that ending was great tho!
02) Esteman- The bass was nice…but there was something about it that didn’t like…FULLY hook me. kinda grooved but…nah
03) Danna Paola, Mau y Ricky- basic pop. Parts of it were fun, mainly her parts… but overall kinda meh for me…
04) Daniela Darcourt- OOOO the horns. I was tricked by the horns. Jk its cute, and its fun. I think it drags a bit. Points for the drama tho!
05) Girl Ultra- This was good! a bit one note but I vibed to the dreamy sound. I really like her voice. It definitely grew on me! can girl ultra rly do anything wrong?
06) Laura Rizzotto- ooooof. Uhhhhhh. her eyebrows were trying their best. Good for them.
07) TINI- this was pretty! I really dont listen to ballads often LOL. This was cute though.
08) Carlinhos Brown & Mikael Mutti- LMAOOOOO honestly. Nice. Good choice. I forgot how much I love this movie LOL. the way I really liked this??????
09) La Ley- slightly better than I expected. And the bar was in the ground.
10) Domino Saints- not google. Lol all the paid ads. Yea no not for me. It was fine. It was upbeat. I didn’t absolutely hate it. Points for the absolute camp of two ads in ten seconds.
11) TSHEGUE- Weirdly enough I loved it by the end. Kind of a serve. Kind of listening to it again. And again. And again. this may just be my kind of chaos.
12) Isla Mujeres- I KIND OF LOVE THIS??? Dreamy and a vibe, and I loved the really reverb-y guitar. This one is kind of for me. I’m obsessed with the chorus LOL. It may be playlisted…..
13) Ms Nina- I. I dont know what to say. Kind of…camp????
14) Gianna Sotera- OH? The synths? The guitar, electric and acoustic, her voice, the BASS? I love a good indie girl and this. This was good. I liked this a lot.
15) Mon Laferte- im a sucker for a good guitar line. I kind of love the drama of this. Kind of old western feel to the guitar. I like her voice too! I love a woman in a corset. And a suit.
16) Cazzu, María Becerra- this was fun. Cute even. Basic and one note but hey, they did that. Good for them.
17) Paulo Londra- eeeek. Yea noooooo sorry. not for me.
18) IZA- The fashion is awesome. I liked it overall! The horns were nice, and it was amazing visually. This really hit when the choir came in. I really enjoyed the backing vocals, it really helped boost the song. I like this.
19) Six Sex- this was kind of annoying but I was also hooked??? I kind of liked it??? weirdly fun.
20) La Chica- LOL I MEANNNNNN. I do still like this. Very much ART. Still hits even now lmao. I feel like it shouldve gotten old but somehow it hasn’t??? I still love it???
21) Deorro- lol this was fun. energyyyyyy. The chicken suit had me sobbing. 
22) Alaina Castillo- im not opposed to this?  it was good! Kinda cute. i liked the weird breakdown at the end, but I almost wanted it to be more wall of sound. More chaotic LOL.
23) Pitty, Drik Barbosa, WEKS- mmmmm it was fine.
623 days 9 hours ago
SeaViper
1) Lido Pimenta - Oh yeah this was...a thing. It sort of happened, but I didn't pick up anything special from this sadly
2) Esteman - "Baila" is such an overused word what the actual fuck. Anyway, this song was...not good, to say the least
3) Danna Paola, Mau Y Ricky - This is exactly what I was afraid would be sent this week. I kinda really hate this
4) Daniela Darcourt - This was cute! Like I don't love this, but in the mess this week is bound to be...it'll probably end up being quite good
5) Girl Ultra - Cute beat, but this genre just isn't my cup of tea
6) Laura Rizzotto - LMAO WE STAN A LATVIAN QUEEN. Latvia is also my favorite country in Latin America! I didn't love this, but again, it's not as bad as it could have been
7) TINI - A really cute ballad actually. No, I liked this, I wish more Latin American songs could be like this ngl
8) Sapo Cai - Uhmmm no. I won't lie, this sounded kind of like a football anthem too
9) La Ley - It's cute, just not majorly impactful. I don't mind it though!
10) Domino Saints - This just sort of feeds into the stereotype of Latin American music I can't lie. Sounds extremely similar to a lot of other songs
11) TSHEGUE - The drums were quite fun, but the rest of the song I didn't really care for
12) Isla Mujeres - Wipe your face omfg that's disgusting. The song itself was ok, did bore me somewhat though
13) Ms Nina - I thought this was about to be a slay, but no, in the end it was an extremely annoying noise
14) Gianna Sotera - Don't love the voice, a bit too high pitched, but other than that, this actually was not bad! I think I can get behind this somewhat!
15) Mon Laferte - This was suitably dramatic, but also very whaily. I could imagine this as a deathslotted Spanish ESC entry which finishes 21st
16) Cazzu, Maria Becerra - Another stereotypical genre song. Like...it's not as bad as some, but I'll forget this exists quickly
17) Paulo Londra - I hate that people feel the need to autotune their voices like this. Honey, it's actually horrible, please stop
18) IZA - Ohhhh I can really get behind this! It's something I was bopping my head along to...yeah, this I stan, more like this!!!
19) Six Sex - Sorry but...this might be the worst song of the week somehow. Stereotypical, over-sexualised, really, really not for me
20) LA CHICA - At least this was interesting! Not the most exciting song of the week, but there were still bits I thoroughly enjoyed!
21) Deorro - This had the makings to be a troll entry, but I'm just sort of bored here. I don't think it's a troll entry, but as a seriously entry, it's just there
22) Alaina Castillo - Overly autotuned, and really just forgettable. Not a fan of this
23) Pitty, Dirk Barbosa - For the closer I was expecting...idk...a little more. This was a thing, I didn't love it, didn't hate it, just eh
623 days 5 hours ago
Catch_a_falling_star
01) Lido Pimienta – beautiful. Just beautiful. Vocal is ethereal and stunning,
02) Esteman – I enjoyed this, catchy vocal and a good vibe. No complaints
03) Danna Paola, Mau y Ricky – This was a little slow but I liked her vocal, it just felt like the vocal didn’t quite vit with the vocal. The rapping was ok too.
04) Daniela Darcourt – Great vocal, wasn’t as keen on the instrumentation.
05) Girl Ultra – The hair. :p Not keen on the edited vocals but it was interesting.
06) Laura Rizzotto – Not awful, a pretty standard entry. It won’t be a fave but it’s pretty good!
07) TINI – Not bad, her vocal sounded delicate and unique. Easily the best thing about this entry.
08) Carlinhos Brown & Mikael Mutti – was this the best thing from the movie that could be chosen? Meh it has a good vibe.
09) La Ley – I didn’t hate this, I liked the harmonies but overall it’s going to go into the meh category.
10) Domino Saints – This is strong, I liked the vibe and the beat. Rapping was good too.
11) TSHEGUE – This is a moment. Take the crown and get to the podium. Win please
12) Isla Mujeres – This is another ethereal and beautiful entry, really a lovely vibe :)
13) Ms Nina – This is a vibe, I enjoyed this actually. Not keen on her flaunting a gun though.
14) Gianna Sotera – This isn’t bad, it’s just a little bland and plain compared to most of the other entries here.
15) Mon Laferte – beautiful, class in a glass and a moment that we need to repeat
16) Cazzu, María Becerra – This is good too, not going to be the most memorable thing here but strong enough
17) Paulo Londra – Not overly keen on the vocals, so it kinda fell at the first hurder
18) IZA – This is strong. I loved the vibe and her vocal and the instrumentation. No complaints
19) Six Sex – This is ok too, not overly keen on the vocal / rapping but the whole thing is fine.
20) La Chica – Liked this. Was nodding my head and I enjoyed the piano too
21) Deorro – The vocal wasn’t that enjoyable for me but I appreciate the energy
22) Alaina Castillo – This was ethereal and pretty, it falls a little flat compared to other songs here but it is strong.
23) Pitty, Drik Barbosa, WEKS – Parts I loved, parts I hated…I don’t know what to make of this overall…I think I liked it?

open group

Tengaged Song Contest (Current)

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!