This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

TSC 468 Final: Film vs TV Week - The Sequel

Topic » TSC 468 Final: Film vs TV Week..

833 days 23 hours ago
ianfitz0012
from the film MOONFALL...

25) Luka Closer - 'One More Time'
833 days 23 hours ago
ianfitz0012
from the TV series GOOD LUCK CHARLIE...

26) Bridgit Mendler - 'Hang In There, Baby'
833 days 23 hours ago
ianfitz0012
from the made for TV movie CAMP ROCK...

27) Aaryn Doyle - 'What It Takes'
833 days 23 hours ago
ianfitz0012
from the film WEATHERING WITH YOU...

28) RADWIMPS - 'Grand Escape (feat. Toko Miura)'
833 days 23 hours ago
ianfitz0012
from the made for TV movie 2GETHER...

29) 2Gether - 'U + Me = Us (Calculus)'
833 days 23 hours ago
ianfitz0012
That concludes our FILM VS TV: The Sequel line-up!

Votes are due Sunday normal time at 3 EST, 12 PST, whatever that is GMT because of daylight savings idk!

Thanks to all the supporters of this theme <3
833 days 23 hours ago
SeaViper
This is the strongest TSC I have ever participated in
833 days 23 hours ago
PrincessTeePee
I think Edie McCreedie has been sent before, but I hope not. boppp
833 days 21 hours ago
ryan5676
01) Papa Topo & La Prohibida – It has got a nice bopping beat that has electric 80’s vibes but the singing isn’t there sounding like they are forced to sing this song
02) Juliet Cadzow – I can’t help to smile to this cheery tune that is fun and brings childhood memories back as it keeps on rolling down the road
03) Estelle – I’m not a fan of her singing which doesn’t have rhythm and makes the song sound disjointed and weird
04) Meaghan Jette Martin – This is delivering some rock vocals and I can get into it very much even if the music sounds kinda dated
05) Joe Hisaishi – The theme sounds so cheery and light and feels like I am up in the air which is what the song intends to be as it is pleasantly alright
06) Victorious Cast – Yes, I love the punk rock tune that has me moving and this is a great jam with awesome vocals
07) Hoku – She doesn’t make this song any better with it being so bland and unoriginal and I swear she better stop talking about this perfect day as it drives my head crazy
08) Donna Murphy – This is a good villain song that has great voice acting and yeah it rushes through but that is what it does for the Film working well in context
09) Lisa Lougheed – The beat does sound repetitive with the same tune and the singer doesn’t stand out as much with this track ending up being forgotten
10) The Hex Girls – They are casting a spell on me with this banger of a song that has a catchy chorus and is so damn memorable
11) Takeshi Ike – Oh god this is really messy with the music sounding broken and the singer not in tune and it just plain sucks
12) Monster High – This doesn’t sound remarkable and their voices are the worst being zero energy and so lazy and boring all together
13) Bhoomi Trivedi – This slap so much as it got that rich ethnic sound with a dance track fusion creating a great beat to hear with so much flavour
14) Crazy Ex-Girlfriend Cast – What am I even listening to as I am speechless to this song which sounds bonkers and please make him stop
15) Tove Lo – This frankly sounds dull and the music effects make me cringe and for me this song is boring plain and simple and is not something I would listen to
16) Empire Cast – Ha I am not falling for their tricks as this song is trash and they can’t hide it behind their butts as nothing will convince me that it is good
17) Lindsay Lohan – I didn’t know she sings and she is not bad but the song falls flat with its lacklustre tune and feels so bland and the rap is so out of place
18) Tyra Banks – The music sounds like it is attacking me with those eccentric beats and the song is creepy and it feels like it belongs in a horror movie
19) Raven Symoné – This is a cute bop that has a nice bubbly feeling with the music sounding uplifting and is very good
20) Hilary Duff – It started well at the start with the duet but then it drags on and becomes a bit too cheesy for my liking
21) Issa Rae – Please help me get away from this pussy song that has out of tune singing and basic beats that don’t make it listenable to anyone
22) Marco Grazzini and Rachel Wilson – This is a fantastic beat and great lyrics and their vocals are amazing and everything about this is perfection
23) Eden Espinosa and Jeremy Jordan – Their voices are so strong and their harmonies are amazing and work so well together as this is a powerful tune I crave for
24) Skycycle – Some people find this song great but I don’t as I think it is overrated and the chorus is just too repetitive and the music is too much
25) Luka Closer – This song feels current but the beat is not to my liking sounding too fast but the singer has potential
26) Bridgit Mendler – Oh I can’t help to smile as this is some good sunshine pop that has me joining along and I love the punk tune I enjoy back then
27) Aaryn Doyle – She got sass and energy and you better work it girl as this is how you deliver a song
28) RADWIMPS – Eh this is just bland and the music sounds like a computer starting up and the singing is uninspiring
29) 2Gether – Yeah you are not trying to fool me into making Math sound fun as it is hard and making a song about it is so cringy
833 days 20 hours ago
ianfitz0012
****************************** COMMENTS FROM ALANDUNCAN **************************************

01) Papa Topo & La Prohibida    -    Ok some spanish. His voice doesn't really fit the song. Oh There is a drag queen. Honestly this was choatic but I enjoyed it. The video was hot.
02) Juliet Cadzow    -    Vocals missing. Not found. This is high camp but in a bad way. actually its getting catchy.
03) Estelle    -    What was this song about LMAO. like im so confused.
04) Meaghan Jette Martin    -    Again high camp. THe lyric video is sending me, i like the song tho cos its camp rock mom.
05) Joe Hisaishi    -    go girl give us nothing.
06) Victorious Cast    -    honestly this is good, i dont care what the haters say, bit repetitive tho
07) Hoku    -    never heard this before and honestly its kinda a serve
08) Donna Murphy    -    this gives me "father when can I leave to be on my own" energy
09) Lisa Lougheed    -    honestly this is kinda right on my ally. LMAO why am I gonna stream this.
10) The Hex Girls    -    yeah this defined my childhood
11) Takeshi Ike    -    this was better than i thought it would be to be honest its very low quality 90s
12) Monster High    -    what in the chris brown is this. LMAO. This is actually so 2008 LMAO
13) Bhoomi Trivedi    -    ok this is another banger. im a slut for bollypop
14) Crazy Ex-Girlfriend Cast    -    this wasn't bad but it also gave me nothing.
15) Tove Lo    -    ok this was actually a quality song. hmm do i be high camp this week or do i reward boring quality songs on a meme week
16) Empire Cast    -    this was chaotic. very 2013 beat. she looks good. the over all impact was good but the sound effect in the background could have been omitted.
17) Lindsay Lohan    -    this was MOR from lilo. meh its fine. nothing stellar.
18) Tyra Banks    -    why would u send this and not "do u wanna be on top?"this isn't bad but she can't sing.
19) Raven Symoné    -    i wanted this to be bad because the week is so strong but this is good as well. LMAO.
20) Hilary Duff    -    hey now hey now. this is very basic bop. kinda a bop. reminds me of ariel versace lmao
21) Issa Rae    -    no thank u. not on this day.
22) Marco Grazzini and Rachel Wilson    -    so much better TDWT songs exist ugh why this.
23) Eden Espinosa and Jeremy Jordan    -    didnt expect this be musical theatre.  meh its fine. but im not a big musical theatre
24) Skycycle    -    a little bit of rock. not bad.
25) Luka Closer    -    again, not bad. a bit tame, like i can tell this is a serious entry but i dont think its good enough to be lmao
26) Bridgit Mendler    -    this isn't doing it the same as the disney chanel songs on first listen. maybe it will grow. chrous is good.
27) Aaryn Doyle    -    yeah this was objectivly bad lmao. like what is this video LMAO
28) RADWIMPS    -    this isn't really hitting. its been a long contest and this is sleep msuic.
29) 2Gether    -    LMAO this is fucking so camp. i kinda love it. the outfits LMAO
833 days 20 hours ago
PennyTrationStan
01. papa topo & la prohibida - this is literally a fangoria song. down to the gay ass video likeee. the VIDEO was the REAL feature film. and for that i am truly and well entertained. stinky smelly u get the gist. i like it!
02. juliet cadzow - a real ass woman just trying to honk her horn and roll down the road. she's so real!
03. estelle - okay i love this queen with all my heart.... but i won't excuse this. i hate steven universe i hate the steven universe community, this sounds like one of those my little pony fanmade songs you'd find on youtube made by ingrown blue haired teenagers in their basement. this reeks of pronouns. i wouldn't even listen to this piece while feeding ducks at the park, which i know is the best way to experience estelle's music
04. meaghan jette martin - contrary to popular(?) belief, this woman was never the moment and she deservedly faded into obscurity and i laughed! laugh at her. but this is a serve. OR IT WOULD BE IF THE SENDER HAD PICKED THE MOVIE VERSION HIGHLIGHTING THE ICONIC MOMENT WHERE tess breaks down because her mom isn't paying attention to her performance in a song about demanding attention and she just runs off and cries like a hee hee haw haw loser. yeah you fucked up!
05. joe hisaishi - THIS IS STUNNING. ian jokingly planted the seed of there being a miranda cosgrove remix however and now i can't die without seeing the harvest. will say sparks DID fly just like electricity everytime i was able to experience this CHOON. amazing. i cried i peed i laughed.
06. victorious cast -
https://i.ibb.co/8B9zbbb/puppet.gif
07. hoku - another dumb blonde is probably one of the best songs ever made. this is LESSER, but it's still really cute in that early 00s girly rock kind of way. i won't spoil it for any readers who just so happen to stumble upon this but the PLOT TWIST at the end rly is a sight to behold. SAMANTHA MUMBA! WOW!
08. donna murphy - not crazy about disney songs in the FIRST place unless they're like... really well executed, but this is probably one of the most solid disney choices u could've selected. mother gothel was camp
09. lisa lougheed - this diva gave BIRTH to smelly smelling synthpop artpieces. you harmony song contest girls couldn't even SPELL S-T-Y-N-K. this is amazing, of course, but also sort of one note and, to quote dan at various points in the LP, '''started to drag'''. cute though!
10. the hex girls - my sapphic divas. i do not have a strong emotional bond to scooby doo but, like my adoration for BRATZ ROCK ANGELZ, i know a group of talented pretty fictional women when i see one. this is a slay, but u knew that already
11. takeshi ike - was never a dragon ball girl. a swing and a miss i fear
12. monster high - this lyric video did take me places it really did. the song is actually a slice of very late 00s rnb pop hits. the veins of jordin sparks run through this track. this did GET me nonironically and also ironically. a bop!
13. bhoomi trivedi - surprised this is like the only bollywood song in this week? this really had no business going as hard as it did. maybe raja kumari *is* famous. i wouldn't know, but this did make a very good case for that. a hit! we did move.
14. crazy ex-girlfriend cast - literally wanted to claw my own eardrums out. it's funny because i love rachel bloom and i love SOME songs off this show but then there's shit like this. it was giving bottom of the barrel snl sketch like GENTRIFICATION. who laughed. literally who laughed. not one chuckle in the audience. not even a snicker. and a writing room got paid PAID for this. embarrassing
15. tove lo - i do stan this bop but in a week as elusive and camp as TV+MOVIE week... i just do not know if this is as strong of a song to make it into my top 10. like let's look at the material u know? this would've def faired well with me in a non theme week and now its gn b fighting for points. :////
16. empire cast - i love empire songs because all of them specially some of the later ones feel like parodies of actual rnb songs... very POUNDLAND is what i'm getting at. this is an excellent example but this is really elevated by how aggressively sh*t it is like WOW it just goes into a 180 and turns into the best song i have ever heard. this song feels like ten minutes and i wanted it to go for FORTY. obsessed and i am so dead serious.
17. lindsay lohan - LOL this was one of my backup entries. i'm not entirely in love with it which is why i didn't go for it, but i love love looove lindsay and this is still a pretty solid accessible glitzy pop rock bjork style piece from the 00s. amazing actually
18. tyra banks - was sure we were getting a LIFE SIZE song appropriately right after lindsay... i had never heard this in my life? the SECOND i heard darkchild's name my p*ssy did fall to the floor like wow. the production on this is CRAZY. there are a few moments where her ad libs are BAD, but the production and chorus do carry. this is kind of the greatest song ive ever heard in my life im in LOVEEE!!!!! WOW. leave it to tyra banks to make an incredible artistic statement. my rabies infested diva
19. raven symoné - raven was way before my time and while i am familiar with her as a famed failed musician, i am not familiar with the actual music BUT WOWWWWWWW this holds up really well. reminds me a lot of early 00s rnb influenced j-pop, like very glitzy and fun with these grinding rnb beats behind. i am OBSESSED with this non-ironically, and while assuming that this is probably one of the most obvious entries this week, this was actually a discovery for me.
20. hilary duff - an iconic piece of cinematic lore. these techno beats always made my p*ssy collapse like wow the shattering. the mere shattering and collapse. where were YOU the day hilary duff took the world by storm? bop bop bop
21. issa rae - thank u for reminding me i have to watch insecure. this was amazing i felt the poetry and spoken worditry in my veins. very wise sentiments and poignant lyrical details. was enlightened by this piece i was! thank u maya. angeluouuuu
22. marco grazzini and rachel wilson - im sure this is very funny and HAHAHA HEE HEE HONK HONK to all of you NERDS who watched total drama past the first season but i am above that and above all of you. this was frankly TERRIBLE.
23. eden espinosa and jeremy jordan - boring and bland i feel like there's a song just like this in every d-tier disney musical project and this was like the blandest and most whatever execution of it
24. skycycle - i don't know what to say so here. have a puppet. this was very bad
https://i.ibb.co/8B9zbbb/puppet.gif
25. luka kloser - all i have to say is THANK GOD this was sent to a theme week and now won't clog a top 10 in a normal week. we really did win! this was fine for what it was actually. very cute piece of synthpop whatever, i hope we can get these women to pack some DEODORANT on the go next time because it did smell.....
26. bridgit mendler - I AM HANGING IN AS HARD AS I CAN BRIDGIT, BUT I DON'T THINK IT'S ENOUGH. the biggest takeaway i got out of this was realising good luck charlie and dog with a blog are not, in fact, the same show.
27. aaryn doyle - by far the best song out of the camp rock saga like literally no competition blew out of the water AMAZING a round of applause for the queen of soul aaryn doyle. an immaculate shong like wow my hips could not stop swaying
28. RADWIMPS - cute but i really tapped out when people started singing. everyone should take notes from kikis delivery service in the next tv movie installment. still some v neat production mmhmmm yaassss tasty.
29. 2gether - NO IDEA WHAT THIS IS FROM AND HAD NEVER HEARD OF IT. honestly did 'backdoor lover' by dujour outsell? yes. but i am a sucker for these kinds of beats nad i just know 2gether dream about a girl who's a mix of destiny's child and also just a little touch of madonna's wild style. and frankly what else do you need. this is amazing. HAVE TO WATCH THE MOVIE SO BAD.
833 days 6 hours ago
MISSimogen
01) Papa Topo & La Prohibida - kind of SHOCKING news i am sort of into this. very interesting in many ways from the bum bum DUTZTS of the production to the mezmarising french twange in his voice just WOW... u know i am partial to a gorjus french telenovela the language of lurve and all that jazz but truly this is quite lovely.

02) Juliet Cadzow - oh my F*CKING GAWDDDD THIS QUEEN HAD ME INA CHOKEHOLD. WHEN IT WAS AN EDIE MCCREDIE EPISODE I JUST KNEW I WAS IN A TREAT WITH THIS SONG.. PROBANLY ONE OF THE BEST BALAMORY EVER DID. i remember wishing she was my biological MOTHER she was everything she made me feel so warm and fuzzy and its ALL bc of this truly amazing song. SO GOOD.

03) Estelle - estelle is gorjus maybe she should've saved her vocals for another show bc omfg. steven universe just is nOT it. but since we arent rotten tomatoes and this is meant to be about MUSIC i will say i like it in a sort of endearing way . like it probably is objectively not that good and quite crap but i just cant help but enjoy it. maybe bc it is ESTELLE. although everything that penny said abt this song its very much true however i am getting down with that chorus a lil bit more with every listen. the OH OH OH OOOOOHS r kinda giving something?????

04) Meaghan Jette Martin - this is kind of a nightmare for me as i didn't watch the other camp rocks so i don't have any nostalgia abt this song although she is an ICON i just don't think its on par with too cool at all. but its still quite cunt i just am not familiar with it like i was with too cool. still quite slayful though.

05) Joe Hisaishi - hmmmm kind of pretty for like 2 year olds. very much nursary rhymey but im not mad at it. just very pretty and tranquil but there's nothing much else to say abt it.

06) Victorious Cast - im so sorry i just will never enjoy something from victorious it was AFTER my time. i was at that age that i was just over disney channel so this is just not doing anything for me. i do kind of remember this one though and its actually not TOO bad! idk why ppl are hating on it im just so out of the loop with all of this but i will say its a nice lidl theme tune!

07) Hoku - this is so pretty. very 2000s, very chic, very bimbo blondetourage slayyyyy .

08) Donna Murphy - ohhhh i lurve this. one of my personal fav disney villains she was so f*cking CUNT. i was team gothel ALL THE WAY. and she was kind of right in many ways. vocally blessed queen.

09) Lisa Lougheed - omfgg im all for this im all for this. the synth pop princess its giving me everything i need at this moment. such a nostalgic sound that i am just obsessed with id acc stream this outside of tsc quite lovely.

10) The Hex Girls - mY LITERAL MOTHERS OMFGGG. i remember first clapping my eyes on the hex girls when i was like 8 and i was so entranced. they were so cunt and this SONG?!!?!?!? an absolute bop if i ever did hear one. so cunt. my dominatrix mothers yes feminism.

11) Takeshi Ike - dragon ball z oh lawd. this is giving me all the vapourwave slay that i kind of need actually. not bad. (y)

12) Monster High - the lyric video very much cunt. this is quite gorgeous. gotta go my own way was CLEARED.

13) Bhoomi Trivedi - oh take me to Bollywood queen. gorgeous . i love how iggy azalea inspired so many people with her music video "bounce" and i will say it until the cows come home. a queen and i love to see her influence in songs like this... so pretty <3

14) Crazy Ex-Girlfriend Cast - ur actually fucking joken me.. week is over, ruined. literally never bring it back .

15) Tove Lo - i just kNEW someone would send this and for what. granted i did have this song on my playlist when it came out and its FINE. its OKAY. like whatever but we had so many more GORGEOUS labrinth songs from euphoria you could've sent so its just very disappointing.

16) Empire Cast - giving me all the cher lloyd swagger jagger tease that i need from her... u will never hear lyrical content such as this she could write ANY taylor swift song but could taylor do this..? i don't think.

17) Lindsay Lohan - i literally am in lurve with this aswell..? i was ready to write this week off but whew its been gorjus so far. im not sure if im just generally ina good mood or if these songs r just kind of hitting in AWL the right spots. so 2000s Paris-Hilton-stop-being-poor-glam-core that i CRAVEEEEE.

18) Tyra Banks - this is also EXTREMELY delicious. so sleek, so slick... the production is GORJUS not in a ironic way . its VERY STELLLLARRR.

19) Raven Symoné - this was quite gorjus. i think to myself does raven have anything better than this and i just CANT thing of anything other than the ones she did with the cheeta girlies. a GORJUS solo performance from ms raven.

20) Hilary Duff - quite an obvious one that i would've sworn had been sent before so im kind of gagged that nobody pulled the plug and sent it before but yeah its gOOD. i don't have the adoration for this that many people are sure to have bc i was never a hillary duff girly but i can appreciate a camp gorj pop song when i hear it.

21) Issa Rae - this spoken word SLAY OMFG. I've never heard something this gorjus since tatianna on all stars 2. so visionary.

22) Marco Grazzini and Rachel Wilson - ... omg this was actually a thing??? what the F*CK. this is so bad and i am partial to a lidl total drama island slay but i wasn't even aware they did they.. im sure they could've went for such a better song than this. the characters they have and this was the best they could do omfgg. embarrassing! HEATHER!!?!?!?! THIS ISNT YOU.

23) Eden Espinosa and Jeremy Jordan - oh gawd uve got to be kidding me. this was quite crap nd im not sure the thought process behind sending this.

24) Skycycle - a GORGEOUS MOVIE. this song gives me the heebie jeebies............ omfg. i had no business watching this 18+ HORROR i have ptsd hearing this song whew. so gorjus though i have to say.

25) Luka Closer - ummm no thank u . u thought too much into this week and i just cant really award that. especially for such a mediocre song im swowwwyyyy

26) Bridgit Mendler - im sorry bc good luck charlie just was after my time so i have no affinity with this show. nor do i ever wish to have. it always looked so bland and a bit shite.. very much cosplay of other BETTER shows that disney had done. this was just very mediocre.

27) Aaryn Doyle - OMGGGG THIS BOPPPP. I LOVE THIS SM. idgaf i always feel like this ones so overlooked and im probably guilty of it too but WHEW. ARE U HEARING THIS?! stunning.

28) RADWIMPS - oh my gawd.... this is gorgeous. im floating. the production is just so stunning and mezmarising..... im TRANCENDINGGGGG .

29) 2Gether - oh no sorry this is very American to me . not a fan . even if i was 6 id doubt i would even chuckle. what even IS CALCULUS?!
832 days ago
SeaViper
Doing CANCEL/ SEQUEL instead of Boot/Toot. The Sealandia TV Channel only has the budget to bring 11 of these back for another season, so good luck!

1) Papa Topo & La Prohibia - I guess I like this! It's not the most iconic entry this week, but it was a fun listen, and while I didn't get any references, I appreciate that this may be one of the only non-English song this week...SEQUEL

2) Juliet Cadzow - WHOEVER SENT THIS, YOU ARE MY NEW BEST FRIEND *Hugs sm*...SEQUEL x1000

3) Estelle - Eh, boring sadly, and as someone who has never seen this, no nostalgia or anything in it for me...CANCEL

4) Meaghan Jeanette Martin - This wasn't entertaining, funny, or a bop, and so sadly I really don't gel with this...so I'm afraid I have to CANCEL

5) Joe Hisaishi - LMAOOO??? This was genuinely BAD. Nice instrumental, but it sounds more like what my great great grandmother listened to rather than a track from something...CANCEL

6) Victorious Cast - No, fuck off. I've had enough of you. I liked your shit in the past, but now I realise your songs literally all sound the same. I'm bored. CANCEL

7) Hoku - Ok, so this sounds like a better version of #6. I kind of like it...ok movie, strong song...if this week is a trainwreck it might just manage to nab some lower points...SEQUEL

8) Donna Murphy - Ok, this is a VERY overrated song. I can live without this really. It's not bad but like...it's nothing spectacular. Not worthy of a sequel or cancellation, just OK

9) Lisa Lougheed - Never watched this show, but it's a nice enough song. At the same time though, I just don't see myself giving this points...CANCEL

10) The Hex Girls - This song used to live rent-free in my head for a decade. Thanks for moving it back in. I hope you ROT IN HELL ETERNALLY FOR THIS SIN!!!

11) Takeshi Ike - This just sort of grinded in my ears, and not in a good way...sorry, but this has to be a CANCEL

12) Monster High - Kinda robbed in the first edition of this...but not this time. This felt slapped together in les than 5 minutes. CANCEL

13) Bhoomi Trivedi - I wasn't expecting this...and I have to say I like it! Sort of a bop! This certainly stands out this week...and yeah...I'm bopping my head to this! SEQUEL!

14) Crazy Ex-Girlfriend Cast - This was sort of on crack, I like it! Not a contender for high points...but like #8, this was alright! I will be giving it a LIGHT Sequel!

15) Tove Lo - Hello gamebot! This was like...good...but I'm also not fully sold. Never seen an episode of this show in my life. I hear it's good. That means, by default, it's bad. In the words of an icon "Not a bad album, but I hate seeing gays happy". Light Sequel!

16) Empire Cast - This is a pretty typical entry in general...not a mind blower, and an OK listen, but not rushing back to listen...Light Cancel

17) Lindsay Lohan - Pretty typical for it's era! I usually love this music, but I'm going throught a rough patch of really disliking it atm. Still...not bad...not worth a cancel, but it isn't in the network's budget to renew...so OK

18) Tyra Banks - This is just...a CHOICE. Sort of unremarkable. You had a range of any songs and you picked...THIS. CANCEL!

19) Raven Symone - My first American friend used to be so obsessed with this I can't- Anyway...this seems to have formed a bloc with Lindsay and Tyra of songs I would have liked 3 months ago, but not right now. CANCEL

20) Hilary Duff - Yeah, this was too AMERICAN. It just had glossy American sliding off it in all places. In a way, I kind of love that, because the weird, twisted teenage part of me longs to go to High School, lock things in a locker, don't do lessons, slay vampires, have friends, and eat cardboard somehow more disgusting than UK school meals for lunch. SEQUEL!

21) Issa Rae - This was cancelled the second I saw it was a rap

22) TDWT - This was sort of awful, but still ok! Not gonna listen to it on repeat though...yikes...this was sort of a drag but also ok...Light Sequel!

23) Eden Espinosa - This felt like a typical Disney song. I hate those. Too basic. CANCEL

24) Skycycle - Please refer to #10, the Hex Girls, and join them in hell <3333333

25) Luka Closer - This was sort of nice to listen to! Not winning any awards this week, but I enjoyed this to JUUUSSSTTT a level where it might get points! Light Sequel!

26) Bridgit Mendler - *sigh* BASICALLY, another American pre-teen song that's overly polished and similar sounding that I sort of love but also don't remember past five minutes. OK

27) Aaryn Doyle - This was sort of a drag. If it had a better chorus I may like it, but it feels like it builds to nothing...CANCEL

28) RADWIMPS - Nice enough little listen...not life-changing or ground-breaking, but it was alright. It may be a grower...SEQUEL

29) 2Gether - TF IS CALCULUS? If your gonna pick any song to sing about, pick ANYTHING other than a made up word. "Calculus" sounds like something you do in American School, but Americans don't actually do anything in school other than fuck each other and eat cardboard for lunch. CANCEL
830 days 19 hours ago
DallasAndrew
01) Papa Topo & La Prohibida - 'Telenovela' The vocal qualities are hilarious. It sounds more like a troll entry.
02) Juliet Cadzow - 'Edie McCredie's Song' Poor kids...
03) Estelle - 'Stronger Than You' First one that could be called a song. But I'm not a fan. Quite annoying in the end.
04) Meaghan Jette Martin - '2 Stars' The rythm is quite catchy, I'm not a fan of the voice.
05) Joe Hisaishi - 'A Town With An Ocean View' Just audio, but it's charming. I loved it.
06) Victorious Cast - 'Make It Shine' The rythm is good, a little cliche, but it's ok.
07) Hoku - 'Perfect Day' Repetitive and boring after a decent beginning.
08) Donna Murphy - 'Mother Knows Best' The orchestra is really doing something in this musicals. Not quite impressed by this one, but I would like more from this style.
09) Lisa Lougheed - 'Run With Us' I'm not amazed of the genre, I think it's one of the favourites.
10) The Hex Girls - 'Hex Girl' So, to wake the contest up a little. It was great!
11) Takeshi Ike - 'Makafushigi Adventure!' Some memories... I've clearly enjoyed it.
12) Monster High - 'It Can't Be Over' The music is not bad, a little too long. I like her voice a lot.
13) Bhoomi Trivedi - 'Husn Parcham (feat. Raja Kumari)' Now I'm waiting for Borat. I really like her vocal qualities.
14) Crazy Ex-Girlfriend Cast - 'Gettin' Bi (feat. Pete Gardner)' The trumpet was the only good thing of it.
15) Tove Lo - 'How Long' One of the few serious songs. Maybe too serious.
16) Empire Cast - 'Look But Don't Touch (feat. Serayah)' Certainly not for me.
17) Lindsay Lohan - 'Drama Queen (That Girl)' Normally I like the style, however this one kinda bored me.
18) Tyra Banks - 'Shake Ya Body' A little change, but I can't say it stole the show.
19) Raven Symoné - 'Some Call it Magic' Really good voice, it has some energy and a catchy rythm.
20) Hilary Duff - 'What Dreams Are Made Of' I thought it will never end.
21) Issa Rae - 'Broken Pussy' I guess it was about her.
22) Marco Grazzini and Rachel Wilson - 'This Is How We Will End It' This is trolling, but in an ingenous way.
23) Eden Espinosa and Jeremy Jordan - 'Nothing Left to Lose' That was truly a wonderful duet.
24) Skycycle - 'It's Terror Time Again' Kinda smooth, I like the vibe.
25) Luka Closer - 'One More Time' I just don't like the audio part.
26) Bridgit Mendler - 'Hang In There, Baby' I can't say it gave me something.
27) Aaryn Doyle - 'What It Takes' Yeah, couldn't bring too much to the contest, I guess.
28) RADWIMPS - 'Grand Escape (feat. Toko Miura)' A little change. I like the way it progresses. It's enjoyable.
29) 2Gether - 'U + Me = Us (Calculus)' I appreciate it for putting some colour there, but I'm not a fan.
830 days 18 hours ago
Fritzyyyyy
01) Papa Topo & La Prohibida - It's giving Fangoria (a huge compliment) soooo much. Genuinely into this -- I'm sure there won't be many songs this week where that's actually the case. The video is SO CAMP TOO.
02) Juliet Cadzow - Oh those harmonies? GORG!
03) Estelle - I have meant to check this show out because I've heard it's v cute. Estelle is a Chanelo diva, but this is a miss. The chorus of it is nearing painful, lmfao.
04) Meaghan Jette Martin - 2 Stars is generous.
05) Joe Hisaishi - TENGAGED INSTRUMENTAL CONTEST YASSSSSS. Super relaxing, almost makes me want to play an RPG.
06) Victorious Cast - https://i.gyazo.com/fd3c357eb9fad8a05c7096e4a6652b88.png Immature bop, got me moving a bit.
07) Hoku - It took me until around the chorus to realize that I very much knew this song. CUTE. ELLE WOODS APPROVED.
08) Donna Murphy - Haven't seen Tangled, don't want to see Tangled, will NEVER be Tangled. I'm truly just not a Disney animated girl (v brave of me to admit, I know), so anything that I don't really have an attachment to from childhood with Disney goes right over my head.
09) Lisa Lougheed - The obscurity, lmfao. Buzzfeeds Best 100 Songs Made For Canadian Television Shows. Listenable stinky synths.
10) The Hex Girls - It's the better of the Scooby entries because the energy and vibe is more on point, but it's like, not an energy or a vibe I'm looking for right now.
11) Takeshi Ike - Very good sound quality, I must say. Not a DBZ gal, so doesn't really do anything for me.
12) Monster High - Oh this was so grossly 2000 and late and I despised the male vocal.
13) Bhoomi Trivedi - *the* undeniable pussy popper of the contest. Moved so much.
14) Crazy Ex-Girlfriend Cast - I think Tolis has already sent every good song from this show
(and bad ones as well). I didn't even get close to cracking a smile.
15) Tove Lo - If you're going to go with something in this vein for this specific contest, I'd go with something better. It'll stand out here for being competent in a week full of messes, but it'd legit be forgotten any other contest IMO.
16) Empire Cast - It's super repetitive, but I truly don't give a fuck. Fun trash.
17) Lindsay Lohan - I haven't seen this movie (FAKE FAN) but ofc know the song. Nostalgia factor is strong.
18) Tyra Banks - DARKCHILD is the greatest producer of our generation and this absolute banger is further proof of it. This always makes me cackle AND move.
19) Raven Symoné - This is genuinely cute!
20) Hilary Duff - A pretty obvious entry, but a good one. Another one with strong nostalgia.
21) Issa Rae - The spirit of TV vs Movie week is so incredibly strong here. Beautiful. 
22) Marco Grazzini and Rachel Wilson - Not the SPOILERS. Have no connection to the show and musically nothing there that's in my alley.
23) Eden Espinosa and Jeremy Jordan - See comment on the Tangled song but the Tangled song was better.
24) Skycycle - See comment for song #10. And when I say the vibe is all wrong on this one, I do likely mean it's because the other has female vocals.
25) Luka Closer - This is what Tove Lo wishes she did this contest, IMO. Good send if you're looking to win instead of have fun with the week (though winning is fun too), very solid.
26) Bridgit Mendler - Ready or Not is one of the best songs of our time but this was absolutely not that.
27) Aaryn Doyle - I was truly expecting the whitest experience of my life when I saw it was from Camp Rock, but this had seasoning. Bopped.
28) RADWIMPS - Interesting. Not my cup of tea, but interesting nonetheless.
29) 2Gether - BOYBAND SATIRE BRILLIANCE <3 Very my time.

open group

Tengaged Song Contest (Current)

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!