This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

TSC 378 Final

Topic » TSC 378 Final

1640 days 22 hours ago
77sparks77
01) Bea Miller        Definitely fun, wanted it to do more. Kind of in that territory of 'this could be a bop, but I need to listen to it like five more times before I might enjoy it.' We'll see - it sort of depends on how everyone else sounds how well this could do.
02) Rivers Cuomo        This is something that would usually be in my vibe, but something about the lyrics just really threw me off. I didn't hate it, but the bad lyrics distracted me from quite a nice melody.
03) KEiiNO        This is such a CHOON. Really impressed with the wee bit after the chorus which you could proper dance to, I'm looking forward to showing this off at parties / spontaneous dances in the kitchen with my housemates.
04) half•alive        Definitely bias towards these guys cause my housemate introduced me to them last month. Love the song though, I'm listening to the TSC playlist while walking through a forest this week cause I'm #edgy and this made for a really nice 4 minute stroll.
05) Melanie C        This is generic pop improved by the fact it's sung by Mel C. Honestly, I wanted to be more impressed but it got so repetitive by the end of the song and left me feeling a bit dissatisfied.
06) YESEO        Didn't really do it for me. Faded into the background and honestly didn't make an impression whatsoever.
07) IZA, Ciara and Major Lazer        This got better as it went along and you could deffo dance to it, but it started really mediocre and I'm not quite sure if it picked up enough momentum in time for me…?
08) DJ Giovanni, Uch, Billy Brown        Sometimes I really enjoy a bit of a weird less singy more speaky number -- unfortunately not the case with this one. very repetitive and took itself a bit seriously for a not so serious song.
09) ANTONIA        Wooooo, that was sexy! Initially I thought it was gonna be boring af, but kinda drew me in with those Kim Petras vibes. Anthoer few listens and I could really vibe this.
10) Lost Kings        Wanted this to hit harder - it was inoffensive, but kinda in a bad way…
11) Discovery        Aw here, I can't help myself, I love music like this. Wish it was longer, but very much was the vibe I was looking for during this walk.
12) Natalia Jimenez        Oof, loved that! Very spiritual and chill. Not usually one for a ballad, but that was beautiful and had enough vocal hooks to keep me listening throughout. :)
13) Agnes        Struggled to get through this on the walk back home (I listened on shuffle lol). This made me quite tired ngl - felt like not a lot happened.
14) ODESZA        Vibes how light and airy this was - felt really nice to listen to. It maybe faded into the background, but in a good way as opposed to a 'forgetful' way. I enjoyed.
15) Tiffany Young        Honestly, repetitive and therefore kinda boring. I liked the guys voice as a drop, but didn't sustain through the whole song for me.
16) Kah-Lo        Generic and grand. Think I could enjoy it more with a few listens, but it kinda fades into the background against the other hard hitting competitors this week. Still boogied to it though, so maybe I'm a hypocrite and I do like it. I'm undecided. That's what I'm trying to say.
17) Ava Max        Safe. It fades into a lot of the other songs this week that have similar styles, and I just don't think it's strong enough to compete with them.
18) Viki Gabor        Another inoffensive tune. I didn't love it, but I also enjoyed it… which is very conflicting. Overall, I don't know if it's gonna hold up against some stronger entries.
19) RIKA        Nice little beat, really like this the more and more I listen to it. It maybe faded a little in the middle, but I definitely still enjoyed it. :)
20) Dead At Eleven        So as I've said, I'm walking through a forest… and this made me live out my post-apocalyptic rogue fantasy for a minute, felt like I was in an underappreciated PS3 game. In fairness, I could also smell weed in said forest, but I think that maybe added to the atmosphere lol??
21) Trisha Paytas        This surprised me. I thought it would be dreadful and it stood its ground - while not really a fan of Trisha as a person, I can appreciate this as a simple little bop with maybe a touch too much auto-tune.
22) Marie-Mai        Y'know what? This kinda goes off, but is also unmemorable all at once. Make of that what you will ?? I don't really know how to take it, like it's not doing much but I'm still kinda enjoying it?
1640 days 21 hours ago
Saftronbtr999
01) Bea Miller - S.L.U.T. — ok i kind of live for bea miller but this song is NOT it, i'm just not really feeling it at all, sorry!

02) Rivers Cuomo - 'Backflip' — omg i like this a lot! it's very much a song for me and im glad the thumbnail didn't drive me away from this song bc i thought it was gonna be a joke LMAO

03) KEiiNO - 'Dancing In The Smoke' — this is a good song, i oddly like when the guy was singing with the beat drop LMAO. good entry!

04) half•alive - 'RUNAWAY' — i was ready to call this meh but as the song went on, it kept growing on me. i think this is pretty decent.

05) Melanie C - 'High Heels' — i like this a lot, i enjoyed it a lot c:

06) YESEO - 'Bitches Rule' — nooo sorry it's like too dark sounding for me idk not rlly into that sorry :/

07) IZA, Ciara and Major Lazer - 'Evapora' — this isn't anything special i feel tbh, it ain't bad but i just feel like ive heard this before idk

08) DJ Giovanni, Uch, Billy Brown - 'Open Book' — wait what the hell at ginamarie lol? i don't like this at all, like not even in a funny ironic way

09) ANTONIA - 'Touch Me' — ugh this song sounds like it was supposed to go off at one point or another and the fact that it didnt ANNOYED me, i feel that there was some potential here for a real bop here >.<

10) Lost Kings - 'Ain't The Same' — this isn't bad but it just feels very forgettable to me to be honest!

11) Discovery - 'Swing Tree' — ok i oddly like this lolz, i like the overall sound of it and it's just a pretty good song tbh.

12) Natalia Jimenez - 'Creo en Mi' — so i actually think this song is pretty amazing honestly, as soon as it got to the chorus, everything after that is straight perfection imo ♡ i enjoyed this a lot ^_^

13) Agnes - 'Nothing Can Compare' — i like the vibe of this song a lot, i enjoyed this! =]

14) ODESZA - 'Divide' — tbh i thought i was gonna like this more than i did :c the song started off well i feel but as it went on it just felt like a drag honestly, i was waiting for it to end that's never good :/

15) Tiffany Young - 'Run For Your Life' — i hope the gays eat this up because i certainly am, i was going to submit this a couple of weeks ago i believe but forgot. hopefully this does well ^.^

16) Kah-Lo - 'Exit Sign' — i didnt think i was gonna like this but i was decently surprised!~ this is a pretty solid entry

17) Ava Max - 'Freaking Me Out' — why is her hair always unevenly cut like i dont get it, also this sounds pretty bad honestly. i don't know what it is about her that i dont like but all of her songs sound really cheap to me and i dont know why

18) Viki Gabor - 'Superhero' — ohhhh i like this! this is very much a song for me and could see myself re-listening to this :D i enjoyed this a lot

19) RIKA - 'Hold On To Me' — woah this is a pretty good song honestly, very good first listen and i could see this being a grower. i hope this does well

20) Dead At Eleven - 'Let Me Introduce You To Me' — i have mixed feelings, i dont mind this genre at all but i feel like there could've been room for a better entry. this song kind of just feels forgettable to me

21) Trisha Paytas - 'Milk and Cookies' — ok bop

22) Marie-Mai - 'Oser Aimer' — uhhh i dont know how to feel about this, this isn't bad at all but i'm just like meh about it i guess! :/
1640 days 21 hours ago
PennyTrationStan
01) forgot this song ever existed. i love the message but as just a song, its decent.
02) oh my god, i hope you backflip and crack your neck when you land. this is just fucking annoying.
03) i didnt follow eurovision this year, so i dont have any experience w keiino. liked this a lot more than expected, good entry.
04) pretty decent
05) MELANIE. DID. THAT. finally something i can root for
06) didnt outright despise this. id say its pretty meh. i liked how weird it was but it wasnt enough to make that big of an impression of me.
07) I WAS GOING TO SUBMIT THIS BUT SOMEONE BEAT ME TO IT!!!!!!!! THIS GOES OFF IN EVERY WAY POSSIBLE, THEY DID THAT. SHOOT.
08) oh GOD no.
09) oh yess. its a little monotone which prevented me from enjoying it further, but this was good. pleasantly surprised
10) figured i wasnt gonna like this, was right. oh well
11) to whom submitted this, youd seriously take a 2-point penalty for this song? is that the hill you wanna die on? ...alright, whatever makes you happy
12) its really generic, but props for the nice vocals i guess?
13) not what id expect to hear from agnes from the... three songs ive heard from her discography, but i was surprised at me liking this. its good!
14) boring.
15) what the fuck????? i genuinely loved this. idk what is it about it, but this got me good... take my points!
16) yass!! the bops are coming thru.
17) nvm, i jinxed it. this is just... ok.
18) this is for JUNIOR eurovision song contest?? well lets just say polands got a songstress in their sleeves. she really did that
19) its a solid effort.
20) oh god...
21) i change my answer from the fun survey question, clearly trisha needs to get banned. this is just... it's trisha paytas. which should be held accountable for multiple reasons.
22) oooh! i liked this! good ending to a... very mixed contest.
1640 days 21 hours ago
iAyeEye
#1 – I really like the verses, the bridge, and the message. But I'm just not mad on the chorus and this takes what could potentially have been a VERY high scorer down (dependent on what everyone else has gone for)

#2 – How on earth has Rivers ended up writing the track for an animated film? It's a very weird combo. I quite like it though, it's just too happy to hate.

#3 – What the fuck is the bloke singing? ARGH URGH NURGH FLUGELHORN

#4 – Wow. Love this, absolutely love this.

#5 – I'm sorry Mel C, but you haven't needed to save up for 5 weeks to buy a pair of shoes for a long time. Stop trying to sound like a povvo to win chart sales.

#6 – If bitches rule, this song is the malest of dogs.

#7 – Kinda catchy I guess, but not really my jam. Maybe a low scorer if the week goes to crap.

#8 – This might be the worst song in all the TSCs I've been involved in. If whoever sent that in is having a good day today, there is no justice in the world.

#9 – Yeah, not for me at all. I'm hoping this is a lull.

#10 – Not amazing, but certainly better than the 2 before it, kinda catchy enough.

#11 – Ooh I actually know this one. I didn't like it when I first heard it, but it was a grower.

#12 – Foreign language songs have to be really good for me to have any interest, cos it's just not any fun if I can't sing along. This is OK, but not good enough to make that up.

#13 – It's not exactly groundbreaking, but I quite like this as a solid, simple, pretty pop song

#14 – The weird stops make my ears pop. I hate my ears popping.

#15 – That was also awful. This week started so well, and then...

#16 – I feel like I've gone to one of the nightclubs frequented by Stefon, and I'm not enjoying it.

#17 – I am assuming Max isn't short for Maximum, as this does the Minimum possible. Also, why is she freaked out by rocking chairs moving on their own? Wind is a thing. I'd be more scared if NORMAL chairs were moving on their own. Dumb bitch.

#18 – This Superhero was viewed more as a supervillain by your corresponding damsel in distress (damsel? Is there a male version of a damsel? A damson?)

#19 – Yeah, not bad, I quite like the little ethnic bits, and she's got a decent voice. Won't ever listen again, but inoffensive.

#20 – Really annoying that in a week where I'm definitely going to be near if not last, bibbles finally sends in a rock song I quite like. It's not amazing, but it's much better than most of them have been.

#21 – If people don't stop sending Christmas songs in November, I'm going to personally make it my mission to start a reindeer genocide so that noone gets their presents.

#22 – This has clearly just been entered because someone thinks they'll get points cos it reps the homos, and not because it has any musical credibility whatsoever...
1640 days 21 hours ago
Aquamarine
THIS WEEK'S WHOS WHO:

Alexito - Agnes
Talian - ANTONIA
Darbe - Ava Max
Eoin - Bea Miller
bibbles - Dead At Eleven
IAyeEye - Discovery
TolisKalkas - DJ Giovanni, Uch, Billy Brown
DallasAndrew - half•alive
ianfitz0012 - IZA, Ciara and Major Lazer
PennyTrationStan - Kah-Lo
AlanDuncan - KEiiNO
Aquamarine - Lost Kings
CharlieBibi - Marie-Mai
Fritzyyyyy - Melanie C
Saftronbtr999 - Natalia Jimenez
PoohSnap - ODESZA
catch_a_falling_star - RIKA
ryan5676 - Rivers Cuomo
Patrick319 - Tiffany Young
LornaHollas - Trisha Paytas
QueenMichelle - Viki Gabor
Alexeh23 - YESEO

Also 77sparks77 jury voted!
1640 days 21 hours ago
77sparks77
hiya :)
1640 days 21 hours ago
iAyeEye
Patrick said no-one had ever taken a points deduction to submit something earlier.

I considered submitting that track... I saw it was a year too early... I felt subversive.
1640 days 21 hours ago
Aquamarine
LETS BEGIN
1640 days 21 hours ago
77sparks77
we love a #gamechanger
1640 days 21 hours ago
Aquamarine
Finishing in 22nd place today...

016        ::        Trisha Paytas - LornaHollas

AlanDuncan - 7
ianfitz0012 - 3
PoohSnap - 3
Talian - 2
Saftronbtr999 - 1
1640 days 21 hours ago
Saftronbtr999
o:
1640 days 21 hours ago
Patrick319
the joke is over please never submit Trisha again
1640 days 21 hours ago
Aquamarine
Finishing in 21st place...

021        ::        ODESZA - PoohSnap

Aquamarine - 10
77sparks77 - 8
Alexito - 3

22nd - 016 - Trisha Paytas - LornaHollas
1640 days 20 hours ago
Alexito
:O at Odesza
1640 days 20 hours ago
77sparks77
ooh the results are read different :o

open group

Tengaged Song Contest (Current)

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!