This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Alexeh's 2018 Highlights

Topic » Alexeh's 2018 Highlights

1977 days 5 hours ago
onemanarmy
yes Pale Waves made the list :D
1977 days 4 hours ago
PrincessTeePee
I made it I made it!
1977 days 4 hours ago
Alexeh23
46th place • Gina Kushka - Prayer • TSC 303, PrincessTeePee, 10th place (6 points given) • Score: 47.86

This is really really gorgeous, takes a little bit too long to get going but once it does I'm completely sold. The last minute or so is heaven. Remember being a bit shocked that this didn't do better than it did, it definitely deserved to.

"05) Gina Kushka - First line and her accent KILLS me. That is so pleasing to listen to. That little thing she does with her voice at certain points, I fucking LOVE it. That chorus is the perfect length. This feels so magical tbh. This really could / should win." • QueenMichelle
1977 days 2 hours ago
PrincessTeePee
Giiina :) I still love that one!
1976 days 8 hours ago
Alexeh23
45th place • One Bit & Noah Cyrus - My Way • TSC 317, onemanarmy, 1st place (8 points given) • Score: 47.57

Every time I listen to this I'm surprised it never really blew up, it definitely has that kind of sound to it. Fun fact Miley is also in my top 100, but Younger Now could only reach #98. Miley 400 - 1 Noah.

"18) One Bit & Noah Cyrus - 'My Way' Gifted family, she has strong vocals too. The song is bullshit, she needs different producers." • DallasAndrew
1976 days 7 hours ago
onemanarmy
Only 6 songs in and I already have 3 songs and a honorable mention :D
1976 days 5 hours ago
Alexeh23
44th place • FAUN - Federkleid • TSC 314, AlanDuncan, 4th place (12 points given) • Score: 47.29

As if I was ever not going to lap this up. I'd definitely get bored of this kind of thing if it appeared all too often but it's something I'll always have a soft spot for when it does.

"23) FAUN - We turn to German folk band, FAUN. Their music has been described as "country dancing at junior school, feel like I need to get up and jingle my bells and bash my stick" and "100% not my thing." " • Fritzyyyyy
1976 days 4 hours ago
Alexeh23
43rd place • Hooverphonic - Romantic • TSC 331, LiukBB, 11th place (10 points given) • Score: 47.29

The only reason this isn't higher is because for some reason I initially ranked this in the 90s. Delusion. This is really, really lovely - has a bit of a 00s vibe which I love. Lovely voice, lovely everything.

"07) Hooverphonic – I really wanted to like this but I couldn’t with it boring dull as dishwater with the singing and music being at a standstill and this is not worth a second listen" • ryan5676
1973 days 16 hours ago
Alexeh23
42nd • Faouzia - This Mountain • TSC 333, ricktworick1, 1st place (7 points given) • Score: 46.57

Not sure how accurate it'd be to say this was a grower considering it won pretty emphatically, but that's how it was for me. Almost didn't make it into the top 100, but has managed to average into the top 50. Short but sweet, with really good vocals.

"honestly anything but that dire mess Faouzia." • CharlieBibi
1973 days 7 hours ago
bibbles
i actually like that hooverphonics song!
1969 days 9 hours ago
Alexeh23
41st place • BELLSAINT - Bang Bang (Remember My Name) • TSC 316, Catch_a_falling_star, 1st place (8 points given) • Score: 42.57

I remember people thinking I sent this at the time because it suited the AlexehTM Brand which was subsequently demolished that very edition by the revelation that I sent Ho Ngoc Ha instead. Very solid, I always forget how good this is until I listen to it again.

"12) BELLSAINT - Failed attempt at being sexy. Not into it." • TheGoodMan

40th place • Nina Nesbitt - Loyal to Me • TSC 329, ricktworick1, 7th place (10 points given) • Score: 41.86

She's had some songs I really haven't liked but this is the first time since Chewing Gum I've actually enjoyed something of hers. Love the whole throwback vibe to this, though I'm sure she'll come out with something completely different soon if there are any more genres left for her to cover.

"07) Nina Nesbitt – its all blurring into one. wait its finished already? Oh no, its still going, and going on and on and on!!" • bibbles
1942 days 11 hours ago
Alexeh23
Oops I'll just finish this off as quickly as possible

39th place • Lauren Aquilina - Ocean • TSC 320, Josh742 • Score: 40.86

A really pretty song that builds really nicely. Definitely deserved better from TSC.

38th place • Betsy - Wanted More • TSC 325, ricktworick1 • Score: 38.29

Nowhere near the same level as her first winner which is one of my favourite winners since I joined, but Betsy can do no wrong.

37th place • Allie X, Vérité - Casanova • TSC 308, Insanity • Score: 38.14

Even though this stole MY artist and MY win that edition, I can't even be mad because it's such a bop. Her songs are love-hate for me usually and I hope she comes back with something I love in 2019.

36th place • Delia - Du-te-ma • TSC 326, DallasAndrew • Score: 37.29

The top 3 of non-English week was REALLY good, especially this unexpected Romanian pop gem. Love the instrumentation to this.
1942 days 5 hours ago
Catch_a_falling_star
Bang bang bang is slept on :p
1942 days 3 hours ago
PrincessTeePee
Bang bang ban BANNERS THO! 😉
1937 days 12 hours ago
Alexeh23
35th place • Anna Leone - If You Only • TSC 307, Josh742 • Score: 37.00

Another really lovely song, the verses plod a little but the chorus is fab. Still listen to this from time to time, not necessarily the most stand-out song of the year but a great entry nonetheless.

34th place • Whissell - Legs Crossed • TSC 313, Patrick319 • Score: 35.57

This really screams winner but for some reason it wasn't meant to be. Really strong example of the cinematic stuff that was successful this year.

33rd place • Amelia Lily - Shut Up (And Give Me Whatever You Got) • TSC 335, rodrigueseve • Score: 34.71

Am I sorry? No. Originally had this quite a bit higher but other songs grew on me too much. Legendary mess.

32nd place • Tom Grennan - Sober • TSC 302, Fritzyyyy • Score: 34.71

I wasn't particularly a fan of his previous stuff, but this was what started getting me into his music. Love the instrumentation to this.

open group

Tengaged Song Contest (Current)

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!