This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

TSC 265 Final

Topic » TSC 265 Final

2610 days 16 hours ago
Insanity
k
2610 days 16 hours ago
TolisKalkas
and then there was one
2610 days 16 hours ago
TolisKalkas
23) Krista Siegfrids - 'Be Real'

Alt:

2610 days 16 hours ago
TolisKalkas
and then... there... were... none
2610 days 16 hours ago
TolisKalkas
All 23 songs have been posted!

Make sure you listen to all of the songs, post your comments and then send your votes to me (the host) in the usual way, (12 10 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1) to your favourite ten songs. If you don't know how to vote, please PM me

You cannot vote for yourself or discuss voting with each other. You are not allowed to reveal which act you submitted.

Votes due by 3pm EST/8pm GMT on Sunday.
Results show will be on Sunday at 4pm EST/9pm GMT.

(hopefully)
2610 days 16 hours ago
Insanity
Krista Siegfrids hates Americans
2610 days 16 hours ago
TolisKalkas
okay goodnight
2610 days 16 hours ago
Insanity
goodnight
2610 days 16 hours ago
onemanarmy
goodnight tolis
2610 days 16 hours ago
onemanarmy
time to skim through a few of these
2610 days 12 hours ago
Fritzyyyyy
01) Shana Raymond - Holy OMA alert. After listening to Destra and Patrice for the last two weeks, I think this probably falls in between the two of them in terms of quality (Destra > Shana > Patrice). I've decided that I really have to be in the mood for this sound to truly appreciate it -- caught me at the wrong time for me to FULLY appreciate it. Regardless, solid opener for the year.
02) Pristin - KPop can go two ways for me -- too bubblegum or grimy/in your face. I prefer the latter. This is the former.
03) Zammuto - What in the name of shitty ASMR IS THIS? Going outside of the box is cool, going this far outside of the box is not. I already see this on Rick's end-year "Worst Of" list.
04) Borns - Torn on this one. Was really into it at the beginning, but it kept losing me and then bringing me back in.
05) SonaOne - Is this only an instrumental? Oh, there he finally goes. I'm getting some very slight discount bin Vic Mensa "Down On My Luck" vibes from this, which isn't a HORRIBLE thing because I 12'd that when it was entered. I could see Timbaland producing this, if you know, he was starting to go senile and lost his touch. These harsh comments do not completely reflect my feelings on this, because I don't hate it, I've just heard it done much better.
06) Loreen -  My original thought was that it was little ballsy to enter this right after she was used the past two weeks in Best Of's, but I guess not REALLY because this is infinitely better than the aforementioned song. I can't believe she invented ART. Was my second favorite MF entry this year, so needless to say, I'm into it.
07) Konstantinos Koufos (PersonaS) - Hey Greek QT. After the instrumental intro, I was expecting the vocal/song in general to go a bit harder. It's iight.
08) Martin Jensen - Ultra Music? Let's doooooo thiiiiiiiiiiiisssss, Deban! I prepared myself (as I almost always do for dance tracks) for a mediocre drop, so I'm not let down by it. It works fine as a whole, but even though I was prepared for the mediocre drop, that doesn't mean that I wouldn't have liked it to be better.
09) Dragonette - Been a while since I've heard some new Dragonette. Or is that Little Dragon? YEAH, THAT'S LITTLE DRAGON. SHOULD JUST DELETE THIS RAMBLING TO MYSELF, BUT I'VE GONE TOO FAR. There's some elements to this that I'm into, some that are a little questionable (I'm not sure if I'm keen on her vocal and I'm about two and a half minutes into it). Might give it another listen before giving out points, as I'm a biv confused.
10) GEM - Thank god, no bubblegum vocal and some soul where I wasn't expecting it. Not sure if it's something I'd go back to a second time, but it's very pretty.
11) Netsky - Ultra Music part 2? Let's doooooo thiiiiiiiiiiiisssss, William! Like I said with Martin Jensen, I prepared myself for a mediocre drop (I feel like this happens even moreso with Ultra Music songs than when I discover a dance track elsewhere, though they have their high points), so I'm not MAD at it, just a little ~disappointed~. I rate this and the previous similar entry about the same, unfortunately. Was hoping one would stand out above the other, although the vocal on this one might be what pushes it ahead.
12) Steps - This seems like a dated Eurovision/Euro-pop track, which is usually coo' with me, but I've rewatched a bunch of pretty shitty older years of Eurovision recently and I'm kinda just over it, I'm afraid.
13) That Poppy - Quirky-ish cute little pop track. No complaints.
14) KDA - TENNIS SHOE? In. KDA? Turn the music loudaaaaaaaaa! What a genuine bop. It's not in-your-face enough to get me to fully pop my puss, but it's making me feel a little something down there. For me, this is a contender.
2610 days 12 hours ago
Fritzyyyyy
15) Serebro - Oh, is this like the 18th version of Serebro? I love them, but they're kind of hit or miss for me these days. This is a HIT. So fun. So trashy.
16) Banks - This is the Banks entry I was expecting the last time she was used. QUITE GOOD. Something about Banks (despite her having, you know, a vagina) just screams sex to me, and this is lowkey serving that even if it's not trying to.
17) Simple Plan - I heard Nelly was in debt and I contributed to his Spotify earnings by joining the "Hot In Herre" movement and had it on loop for like two days straight (on my desktop when I was stuck in bed and AFK for most of it, so don't worry about me, guys). I didn't know he was so far into debt that he collab'd with SIMPLE PLAN, though. Without even listening, that made me feel so much sympathy for him that I considered throwing this a few pity points. This wasn't as bad as I was expecting, but I was truly expecting the WORST. Real points? Pity points? No points? "Wait and see." - Marco, BBUK 2016.
18) Emma Bale - Harmonizing with robots is starting to get overused, IMO, but I'm still not against it. This was inoffensive and solid. 
19) Bryce Fox - I had another Bryce Fox song on my list for last year, but it wasn't quite as polished as this. This caused me to stompa my feet quite a bit. Into it.
20) Diandra - This did pretty well with me when I did jury duty for ESCT. Liked it on first listen and still like it now.
21) Jamiroquai - C'mon, Virtual Insanity. This dragged on a little longer than I wanted it to and had some dead space that felt a bit unnecessary to me, but it's still pretty cool and unique to TSC ~imo~.
22) Mariette - My Melfest favorite by quite a large margin. Just know that WHETHER YOU LOSE OR WHETHER YOU WIN, you will be getting points from me.
23) Krista Siegfrids - Was hoping this wasn't her Melfest entry because it kind of has sunk in my eyes over the past few weeks, and THE LORD was on my side. Good closer, and it has the best drop of the contest where I wasn't expecting it. Get your shit together, Ultra Music.
2610 days 8 hours ago
Alexito
Omg, so many good songs I already love!!
2609 days 23 hours ago
Tepr
As expected a super strong contest, i have no idea who will win as i think there's about 5 serious contenders.

01) Shana Raymond
This was very cheesy and a little bit annoying also
02) Pristin
This was too cute and twee for me. It was just a little bit boring overall.
It did grow on me towards the end. 
03) Zammuto
This was a strange entry. I can certainly admire its uniqueness however it felt amature to me.
04) Borns
This is interesting, his voice a little bit different but overall there's nothing special to this.
05) SonaOne
Awful, i knew from the title even. His voice is terrible.
06) Loreen
I was rather annoyed and intrigued by her shouty vocals here.
I have never being a fan of hers but this new direction is a little interesting.
07) Konstantinos Koufos (PersonaS)
This reminds me of really bad euro dance from the 90's , Girl thats not okayyy!
08) Martin Jensen
This was so promising but it became rather predictable, i wanted to give it the benefit of the doubt. Then those bloody generic hand claps came in at the end FML. I enjoyed it still thou
09) Dragonette 
Theres somthing very cheap and tacky about this that took away from my enjoyment. Okay overall
10) GEM
Her voice is bad as hell and this song is about as unique as a dog taking a shit.
11) Netsky
A bit messy and over produced. Her voice is really bland but it was okay overall.
12) Steps
Somethings are best left in the past, like Communist China, Hitler and Steps.
13) That Poppy
This was quirky to the max, i like it, her voice reminds me of Tove Styrke.
14) KDA
Holy fucking shitballs this was cool. Tinashe is really impressing me here and damn that 80/90s inspired house bit is infectious
15) Serebro
This was super super super bad. I feel sorry for the dog having to even look at these dopes.
16) Banks
This was a choice for me but i wanted to wait for a couple of contests considering she just appeared in the best of. Anyways i love it but not you. 
17) Simple Plan
This is one of lamest songs in the history of all things music.
18) Emma Bale
Her voice is a little underwhelming, there some promising moments that failed to progress.
Overall it was interesting and grew on me towards the end.
19) Bryce Fox
I don't like his voice its very generic sounding as is the song, but i must admit it was borderline good. 
20) Diandra
This grew on me big time, not the best tonight but it was catchy and fun.
21) Jamiroquai
This is fun, i like this one
22) Mariette
Nice voice, nice beats
23) Krista Siegfrids
Another fun and catchy song, this one lost a little of its appeal towards the end thou
2609 days 23 hours ago
ryan5676
01) Shana Raymond – I fully enjoyed this rhythm which sounded alright, but it now sends like a mess with their voices not gelling and this just doesn’t pump it up
02) Pristin – Oh god I hate their voices and it sounds like they are talking fast and that rap part just sealed its fate and I just want it off
03) Zammuto – This is one of the weirdest sounding songs I have heard, but I really enjoyed with it being unique and giving a gentle vibe
04) Borns – The music is making it for this song where I like it with also the voice working well, but after a while it would start to get boring
05) SonaOne – This started out so promising with the beat sounding very nice to listen to and his rapping cost it and it has turned to shit very quickly
06) Loreen – She sounds at her best here and I am still shocked of what happened in Sweden, the downside is that this is artistic and not got a catchy beat to remember it
07) Konstantinos Koufos (PersonaS) – I’m sorry, but I adore the ethnic music which brought the song to life and has the complete package to be listened to all over again
08) Martin Jensen – Now this is actually making me want to dance with the music gaining control and it is really catchy and I can’t help to sing and also dance along
09) Dragonette – No no no, this just sounds like the singer has no clue on what they are doing and is just saying random words
10) GEM – This woman is giving me some serious chills with that performance and I just loved her voice which shined here and has helped the song
11) Netsky – I feel nothing here and this is just not my type of thing with that annoying sound in the chorus, random voices and her uninterested voice
12) Steps – Now this is what I call a brilliant anthem and I am in love with their harmonies and that music which is making me come back for me
13) That Poppy – The chorus was the best part of this song and was the only time that both the music and the voice worked well together
14) KDA – The beat sounds more annoying than pleasant with it hurting my eardrums and I just didn’t get the singer in this at all
15) Serebro – The music here was very enjoyable in the sense of keeping me interested, but the singers failed in the other option and they just screamed more and not sung
16) Banks – I felt that I am in heaven with this of which her voice sounds phenomenal and the music just gelled so well that it is something I would hear on the car radio
17) Simple Plan – I don’t want to go to bed without listening to it again and the male vocalist sounds like he is loving it with the music sounding jolly
18) Emma Bale – I am gasping for breath on how soulless this is with it losing appeal for her voice and beat not working at all and those annoying voices
19) Bryce Fox – The beat this is bringing is the best part of the song and I just want to join along, but the singer sounded too weird for my liking and the chorus was very messy
20) Diandra – I can sing nadaa nadaa all day and it is just so memorable and I can’t help to move my body with the beat to this
21) Jamiroquai – This is some serious jam that felt like it is overdone on the electronic level and not enough on the voice which is making me loose interest
22) Mariette – This sounds great to listen to especially with her vocals driving the song forward and the chorus sounding alright at best
23) Krista Siegfrids – Be real with this girl and I really adore the music it is bringing and the vocals also worked well to make me enjoy it so much more

open group

Tengaged Song Contest (Current)

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!