This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Best of TSC 2016 Final

Topic » Best of TSC 2016 Final

2638 days 14 hours ago
Fritzyyyyy
01) BANKS - <3 Banks <3 I originally liked this, but it's grown on me a lot since first listen/since ranking/etc.
02) Loreen - What a STATEMENT!!!! entering this. Wasn't around when it was originally entered, probably would have thrown it some points. Not bad, but it's up against some stiff competition.
03) Nek - Pleasant enough, but don't think it's a song that's going to stand out to many in a Best Of.
04) Sharon Doorson - CUZ I AIN'T EVER TURNIN IT DOWN -- HOW YOU LIKE IT? Ranked!
05) Louisa Johnson - This quickly grew on me after it was entered.
06) Hedley - It's my favorite Hedley song, which you know, isn't really saying ~much~. Not really my style, but I'm surprised I didn't throw it a point or two when it was originally entered.
07) New:Name - This one still just makes me feel good.
08) Kerli - "Diamond Hard" does it for me much more. I think I appreciated this more on first listen, not too big on it now.
09) Patrice Roberts - Doubling up on this genre, OMA? I felt it the first time around as anything with a beat like this can grab my attention immediately, but next to Lucy, it pales a bit.
10) Margaret - Goddess most high. On your knees. What color is YOUR LIFE?
11) T-ara - There's parts of this I adore, parts of it that drive me insane. It got a point out of me last time. COULD IT BE SO LUCKY AGAIN?
12) Era Istrefi - BETCHU.WANNA.TASTE.IT. RANKED!
13) Dami Im - RANKED. Love Dami as always, but the production on this one brought her to another level for me.
14) The Girl and the Dreamcatcher - It's not bad and didn't hate it the first time around, just thought it was a bit overrated. Not really my thing, but there's been less memorable entries to return thus far.
15) Rag'n'Bone Man - Ranked #2 on my year-end list, so yeah, you know where this is going.
16) Rochelle - Yeah, so... this ranked #1 for me... and well, yeah... spoilers... yeah...
17) Carly Rae Jepsen - RANKED! One of my favorite Carlegendary Slae Jepsentfromtheheavensabovetograceuswithherpresence songs, and definitely the best cut from Side B.
18) Ina Wroldsen & Broiler - I want to like this more than I ultimately do. Her voice is very solid, and I generally like Broiler's production, but something about it is making it come off as very middle of the road to me.
19) Blackpink - Black.pink.in.yo.a-r-e-a. RANKED! Could ultimately see this winning the entire thing, as we've got the k-pop crew in town and I think this also resonates and does well with the non k-pop crew.
20) Destra Garcia - Wasn't around for this, and when I came back I wanted to know what all this noise was about BEING LOOSAH DEN LUCY. On paper, this should be something that I'm absolutely obsessed with, but I just simply like it.
21) Emeli Sande - Luv this so much that it -hurts-
22) Nina Nesbitt - Ended up somewhere in the 80's on my year-end rankings. Definitely grew on me over time. VERY solid.
23) Charlotte OC - Not my favorite Charlotte entry, but it's still pretty stunning. Another song that hasn't proven having replay value with me despite me liking it as a one-off.
24) Alex Newell - Ranked really high for me, and *spoiler* it will do so again here. Bop.
2638 days 12 hours ago
Fritzyyyyy
Lachie227
1) do we have to make completely new comments? becausse we all just listened to these songs last round
2) can we see the final leaderboard for each semi-final?

Same comments are fine, I'm pretty sure. Aaaaand I think we'll be getting the leaderboards for each semi after the final, just so there's not strategic voting.
2638 days 9 hours ago
ryan5676
1) BANKS – I really enjoy her voice which sounds so nice, but that backing vocal had to go where it is making the situation worse
2) Loreen – I just felt nothing from this where there was no vibes and just sounded annoying where the only highlight is her voice where even that couldn’t save this song
3) Nek – He got a magnificent voice with the language making it so beautiful and I have to say that I still listen to it where it is something special
4) Sharon Doorsen – It sounded very promising from the music and the singer’s voice at the start, but the chorus ruined it where it sounded like it belong in the trash
5) Louisa Johnson – You know what, this feels so good to listen to where I admire her voice showing the range here and the music helps to make this stand out from the rest
6) Hedley – Give me this any day where I just couldn’t resist myself to jam along with that energetic voice and nice music where it is very memorable
7) New:Name – This woman is giving some good energy especially with the vocals and the music helps to put the piece into a good rhythm
8) Kerli – I love the mystic music, but I just don’t like her voice where it sounds too weird for me and you lost me at the chorus which was the weak part
9) Patrice Roberts – I like this bubbly tune which helped to lift my spirits, but the singer needs some lesson on making it enjoyable with her voice which doesn’t work for me
10) Margaret – I need something to cool me down after that performance where her vocals are unbelievable and I just want to keep listening to that music where I really love this
11) T-ara – Okay, this could be my guilty pleasure where that music is making me want to dance and I actually enjoying her voice
12) Era Istrefi – I got to admit that I have a guilty pleasure for this where she sounds brilliant in this, but the music can be lazy especially that annoying sound
13) Dami Im – I got to admit that she has one of the best vocals in the world, but this song isn’t making me leap for joy where I hate those annoying sounds and its not her best work
14) The Girl and the Dreamcatcher – The music sounds so haunting and interesting, but I thought their harmony needs some work where it sounds like two different voices not matching
15) Rag'n'Bone Man – He has got some stellar vocals which sound brilliant along with the music making me so pleased to have to hear this
16) Rochelle – I defiantly don’t want to hear this all night long where it sounds like she is screeching and the music during the chorus sounds so horrible to listen to
17) Carly Rae Jepsen – This tune just speaks out as magnificent where I can’t get it out of my head and Carly has done it again where I love her in this
18) Ina Wroldsen & Broiler – This sounded empty when I listened to it where I do enjoy her voice, but the music seemed like it was missing that extra touch
19) Blackpink – I don’t get the appeal with this where the music sounds horrid and their voices are no better and it sounds like a broken track
20) Destra Garcia – My head is saying that this is not good, but my heart is loving it with that music giving some sick beats and the way she sings sound very good
21) Emeli Sande – It hurts for me to listen to this where I am not a fan of her voice during certain sections of the song and this just gets repetitive
22) Nina Nesbitt – That music is radical where I just want to hear it again, but without the singing where this has ruined the song for me
23) Charlotte OC – She has got a stunning voice that I really enjoy to listen to and the arrangements make me appreciate it even more
24) Alex Newell – The rhythm is here where I am very much liking this beat which sounds so good and that voice does not disappoint me in the slightest
2638 days 9 hours ago
ryan5676
Fuel Fandango was ROBBED!
2638 days 7 hours ago
PrincessTeePee
Aww I didn't make it! Well good luck guys. :)
2638 days 3 hours ago
rodrigueseve
OMG April out? Fuck you guys
April deserved a spot here
She was the most iconic song along with Walked Away and Catchy Song
ROBBED
2638 days ago
bibbles
so, dont understand! i take it neither of my song made it, but do i still vote/comment/participate?
2637 days 23 hours ago
rodrigueseve
Tolis, dont forget to invite Pegasus for the first contest of the year to start off the year iconicly
2637 days 22 hours ago
TolisKalkas
Fritzyyyyy
Lachie227
1) do we have to make completely new comments? becausse we all just listened to these songs last round
2) can we see the final leaderboard for each semi-final?

Same comments are fine, I'm pretty sure. Aaaaand I think we'll be getting the leaderboards for each semi after the final, just so there's not strategic voting.

what steve said....

bibbles
so, dont understand! i take it neither of my song made it, but do i still vote/comment/participate?

You don't have to. you can jury if you want
2637 days 19 hours ago
DallasAndrew
I find this final pretty dissapointing and not because I didn't qualify, but because of the lack of the diversity in here. There are 4 or 5 songs that are changing the usual way it goes, but then there are just a lot of songs from the same genre, totally sam style. Which is pretty boring from my point of view.
2637 days 19 hours ago
DallasAndrew
1) BANKS - 'Mind Games' Very good song, nice buildup, good instrumental, maybe a little too repetitive, but pretty strong in the end. And as I've said in the semis, that 11th place was an accident. Good start for this final.
2) Loreen - 'I'm in It with You' Not as impressed by it as first time it was sent, still it is pretty good.
3) Nek - 'Fatti Avant Amore' I have to say that I'm happy that these 'no chance' songs reached the final. I really like it, maybe not the greatest voice to interprate it, but the song itself is brilliant and the language is making it very attractive.
4) Sharon Doorsen - 'How Do You Like It?' This is the first song I don't agree about being in the final. That chorus is absolutely horrible. The worst thing, I expect it to gain a good position in the end :))
5) Louisa Johnson - 'So Good' I think that her voice is doing all the song, she has sth special in it. The song itself is mediocre.
6) Hedley - 'Lose Control' It has its catchiness, it's pretty enjoayable, but I think that a final in the 'Best Of' is too much.
7) New:Name - 'Don't You Wait' It says nothing to me. I find it pretty outdated and very simple.
8) Kerli - 'Feral Hearts' Very overrated in my opinion. It's not bad, with a story atmosphere, maybe good for a Disney movie :)) But cearly nothing extraordinary.
9) Patrice Roberts - 'Old & Grey' Maybe without the exotic rythms I'd hate it, but like that it's really catchy. Very energetic, pretty memorable.
10) Margaret - 'Cool Me Down' No surprise that it is in the final. I think it's an unanimous opinion that this song has sth that makes it a top one and it is a certain favourite to fight to win this one.
11) T-ara - 'Sugar Free' I'll be sincere here: I think this is the worst winner ever. It seems to me like a commercial, more than a song.
12) Era Istrefi - 'Bonbon' It's an example of cheap music in my vision. I only like the part where she sings in Albanian.
13) Dami Im - 'Fighting for Love' Too many overrated songs in the final, in my opinion. And too many sounding almost the same. Not too much genre distribution so far... And this one will not eclipse at all other entries.
14) The Girl and the Dreamcatcher - 'Glowing in the Dark' The only thing I would change to this song is the male interpreter, I think that a stronger voice would be perfect. Good entry!
15) Rag'n'Bone Man - 'Human' As I've said in the semis, maybe one of the best productions in world's musical industry in the recent years. Normal qualifier, candidate for the title here.
16) Rochelle - 'All Night Long' Just tired of these 'same sounding' songs. What does this to remark between all the other entries?
17) Carly Rae Jepsen - 'Higher' Very dated I would say. I think that here the artist qualified more than the actual song.
18) Ina Wroldsen & Broiler - 'Lay It On Me' Quality song, for sure. And I think it satisfies the criteria for the fans of 2 different genres.
19) Blackpink - 'Boombayah' And I think here we have the cheapest thing in this contest. Sorry, but I can't appreciate sth like that.
20) Destra Garcia - 'Lucy' This is extremely catchy. Pretty similar views for me as for song nb 9. Not exaclty surprising that both songs were chosen by the same person.
21) Emeli Sande - 'Hurts' A song that got weaker by time for me. It's good though.
22) Nina Nesbitt - 'Chewing Gum' Average song for me. Pretty pleasant, still maybe too commercial for me.
23) Charlotte OC - 'Darkest Hour' If the running order was made as I've had the impression from the first view... I'm pretty shocked that 'In the Name of Love' is not in the final. I really like this one, calm and pleasant, high quality.
24) Alex Newell - 'This Ain't Over' Well, this is a message for the non-qualifiers? :)) We're ending the contest with the impression that I've heard maybe 10-11 songs and another 1 other 13-14 times. It sounds exactly like other half of the finalists.
2637 days 16 hours ago
krrais
01) BANKS : Been listening to lots of her lately, her last album is seriously so good. Not the best of the bunch, but her vocal is very captivating here.
02) Loreen :  I was ready to 12 Alvaro Soler to the final tbh :p but ah well this song is great as well, she actually sounds phenomenal in this.
03) Nek : Really good, good progression, although his vocal is a bit dated but its not too bad.
04) Sharon Doorsen : Very unique vibe, really enjoying the brass.
05) Louisa Johnson : So damn catchy, X-Factor UK singers never disappoint really.
06) Hedley : Great beat, his voice gets annoying after a while tho, but I'm vibing to the song the whole time.
07) New:Name : Not a big fan of her vocal but it fits perfectly with the great music so no complain here.. Just good stuff.
08) Kerlii : Better than when I first heard it, still not a big fan of her though, a bit too atmospheric for my taste.
09) Patrice Roberts : I think this is the happier version of Destra, she also has more soulful song, love!
10) Margaret : Just like the title suggests, it's a very hot song, one of the most iconic tsc songs last year obv.
11) T-ara : I thought it was the english version that was submitted? Hmm I like this tho, the beat is very infectious.
12) Era Istrefi : Loving this the more I listen to it, definitely one of the most memorable tsc entries of the year.
13) Dami Im : Not a fan of her in general, and despite the cheesy lyrics this is seriously so good, amazing production here.
14) The Girl and the Dreamcatcher : Such an uplifting song, still cant believe they came from disney tbh :p
15) Rag'n'Bone Man : Mmmmmhmm this is insaaanely good, everything just hits at the right place, another brilliance.
16) Rochelle : Really deserves the love it gets, probably a front-runner in this.
17) Carly Rae Jepsen : It's not too different from her older stuff tbh, the synth composition is really good, hopefully its memorable enough to snatch a few points.
18) Ina Wroldsen & Broiler : Aaaaaaaaaaaaah this just gets better and better the more I listen to it tbh, PERFECTION.
19) Blackpink : Those sass tho, thanks for making mainstream k-pop so listenable.
20) Destra Garcia : Yeeeeeeees true tsc icon.
21) Emeli Sande : She's definitely one of the most consistent singers out there, she never disappoints! Brilliant production, brilliant vocal, just brilliance.
22) Nina Nesbitt: Amazing production and all but I feel like it's been done before, it doesnt really have a wow factor, still a good song tho.
23) Charlotte OC : Very much in the mood for something a bit dark, its hauntingly great, the chorus is quite fantastic.
24) Alex Newelll : The verses are OK but the chorus is quite amazing.
2637 days 13 hours ago
onemanarmy
01. Banks - Mind Games - Well at least I don't need pain killers for this, I do like her voice and her voice does grab my attention but the productions on her songs always feel flat to me and puts her on the verge of boring. Voice wise is on par with Charlotte OC if only her songs had some energy too them I'd be a fan.

02. Loreen - I'm In It With You - After the above song this should sound amazing to me but it doesn't, perhaps Alex just ruined my good mood but this was lackluster at best. Explains why I don't even remember it.

03. Nek - Fatti Avant Amore - For a foreign song I was surprised at how much I had liked this, love the chorus and the production to this, his voice is great too. It kind of blows me away.

04. Sharon Doorson - How do You Like It? - Love Love this girl and this song goes off. How Do I Like It? This is how I like it!

05. Louisa Johnson - The chorus I find lackluster but the rest isn't bad , a lot of elements I like about it but it just never blew me away and still doesn't.

06. Hedley - Lose Control - I love Jacob and this is one of my favorites by him, he flopped in my Canadian Spoons series though which made me sad. This is such a good catchy upbeat song and like most of his work I Love It!!

07. New Name - Don't You Wait - I certainly remember this one, it was a good one, still loving it! It's got a good rhythm and some sass to it which I really enjoy.

08. Kerli - Feral Hearts -The Estonian Queen Of Pop came back for 2016 with this hypnotic and haunting lead single which blew me away. She topped it with Diamond Hard for me but this song hasn't been forgotten and got a lot of play out of me and still enchants me.

09. Patrice Roberts - Old & Grey - It tied Destra as far as points and it's one of my favorite songs of 2016 so I had to bring her back despite disappointing those Feder fans, I think I made the right choice.

10. Margaret - Cool Me Down - This was my very 1st TSC and I got treated to the introduction of this Polish Queen. Love this song and love Margaret.

11. T-ara - Sugar Free - Some good beats found in this song at the start but the vocals and the production feel like a mishmash in most parts and it just grows more and more annoying throughout and ultimately I think it sounds like my cat getting sick, gives me the same cringe feeling. I wish it was sugar free but it's not.

12. Era Istrefi - Bonbon - The most overrated song of 2016 in my opinion. Wasn't a big fan of it then and still not a big fan of it.

13. Dami Im - Fighting For Love - I remember her from x factor and loving her first song released right after but I've come to realize I really don't like her voice, the production on this is good but her voice just ruins it for me, not in entirety but at certain moments. She falls into the same category as Celine Dion for me which most would see as a complement but it's not cause I'm not a fan of Celine Dion just don't hate her enough to trash her.

14. The Girl And The Dreamcatcher - Glowing In the Dark - One of my favorites of 2016 and I  love this duo when they share the spotlight. This got my 12 in TCS238 and I kicked myself for not entering and I predicted it getting crowned the winner. They have great chemistry together, Dove is one lucky girl cause he be smoking hot!

15. Rag 'n' Bone Man - Human - I was completely shocked that this won and with such high points, it really does nothing for me, It's soulful but just not my taste.

16. Rochelle - All Night Long - I do quite enjoy this song and instantly put it on my playlist when I came across it but I feel others like it a lot more than I do. It would be on my top 100 of 2016 but not my Top 20.

17. Carly Rae Jepsen - I like this girl and quite like this song as well but was hoping we'd be free of the obvious artists for best of but alas we have one.

18. Ina Wroldsen & Broiler - Lay It On Me - I love Ina's solo work, her collaborations not so much, It's a pretty song but I never re
2637 days 13 hours ago
onemanarmy
01. Banks - Mind Games - Well at least I don't need pain killers for this, I do like her voice and her voice does grab my attention but the productions on her songs always feel flat to me and puts her on the verge of boring. Voice wise is on par with Charlotte OC if only her songs had some energy too them I'd be a fan.

02. Loreen - I'm In It With You - After the above song this should sound amazing to me but it doesn't, perhaps Alex just ruined my good mood but this was lackluster at best. Explains why I don't even remember it.

03. Nek - Fatti Avant Amore - For a foreign song I was surprised at how much I had liked this, love the chorus and the production to this, his voice is great too. It kind of blows me away.

04. Sharon Doorson - How do You Like It? - Love Love this girl and this song goes off. How Do I Like It? This is how I like it!

05. Louisa Johnson - The chorus I find lackluster but the rest isn't bad , a lot of elements I like about it but it just never blew me away and still doesn't.

06. Hedley - Lose Control - I love Jacob and this is one of my favorites by him, he flopped in my Canadian Spoons series though which made me sad. This is such a good catchy upbeat song and like most of his work I Love It!!

07. New Name - Don't You Wait - I certainly remember this one, it was a good one, still loving it! It's got a good rhythm and some sass to it which I really enjoy.

08. Kerli - Feral Hearts -The Estonian Queen Of Pop came back for 2016 with this hypnotic and haunting lead single which blew me away. She topped it with Diamond Hard for me but this song hasn't been forgotten and got a lot of play out of me and still enchants me.

09. Patrice Roberts - Old & Grey - It tied Destra as far as points and it's one of my favorite songs of 2016 so I had to bring her back despite disappointing those Feder fans, I think I made the right choice.

10. Margaret - Cool Me Down - This was my very 1st TSC and I got treated to the introduction of this Polish Queen. Love this song and love Margaret.

11. T-ara - Sugar Free - Some good beats found in this song at the start but the vocals and the production feel like a mishmash in most parts and it just grows more and more annoying throughout and ultimately I think it sounds like my cat getting sick, gives me the same cringe feeling. I wish it was sugar free but it's not.

12. Era Istrefi - Bonbon - The most overrated song of 2016 in my opinion. Wasn't a big fan of it then and still not a big fan of it.

13. Dami Im - Fighting For Love - I remember her from x factor and loving her first song released right after but I've come to realize I really don't like her voice, the production on this is good but her voice just ruins it for me, not in entirety but at certain moments. She falls into the same category as Celine Dion for me which most would see as a complement but it's not cause I'm not a fan of Celine Dion just don't hate her enough to trash her.

14. The Girl And The Dreamcatcher - Glowing In the Dark - One of my favorites of 2016 and I  love this duo when they share the spotlight. This got my 12 in TCS238 and I kicked myself for not entering and I predicted it getting crowned the winner. They have great chemistry together, Dove is one lucky girl cause he be smoking hot!

15. Rag 'n' Bone Man - Human - I was completely shocked that this won and with such high points, it really does nothing for me, It's soulful but just not my taste.

16. Rochelle - All Night Long - I do quite enjoy this song and instantly put it on my playlist when I came across it but I feel others like it a lot more than I do. It would be on my top 100 of 2016 but not my Top 20.

17. Carly Rae Jepsen - I like this girl and quite like this song as well but was hoping we'd be free of the obvious artists for best of but alas we have one.

18. Ina Wroldsen & Broiler -
2637 days 13 hours ago
onemanarmy
lol that didn't go according to plan :O

18. Ina Wroldsen & Broiler - Lay It On Me - I love Ina's solo work, her collaborations not so much, It's a pretty song but I never returned to it, tried to get into it when it got released but it's a pretty song translates to boring and it's missing the attitude I'm used to her bringing.

19. Blackpink - Boombayah - Chorus is annoying with childish voices like most this genre. Some good sounding beats mixed with bad vocals and then the production tries to do too much making parts sound like a mess. I should of waited for that Advil to kick in.

20. Destra Garcia - Lucy - . Can the Queen Of Bacchanal keep her crown? She definitely made a mark here in TSC. She won TSC232 without a prior fan base thus no one had heard of her and she gained quite a impressive weave collection from it.

21. Emeli Sande - I loved it the first time and still do, I didn't get obsessed over it but it made it to my playlists so thumbs up from me.

22. Nina Nesbitt - Chewing Gum - When I came across this song I was sending it out to friends, I was obsessed with it and I still am, easily one of my favorites of 2016.

23. Charlotte OC - Darkest Hour - One of my favorite artist and one of my favorites by her, I obsessed over this when it got released and shared it among friends. #StillObsessed

24. Alex Newell - This ain't Over - I think my hate for this song has been well shared and this time around I hate it even more wishing it was Over! Over! Over! If I ever thought of slitting my wrist it would be now but I won't cause I'd wind up in hell with this song on repeat.

open group

Tengaged Song Contest (Current)

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!