This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

[Week 7 Challenge] - "God Save the Queen!"

Topic » [Week 7 Challenge] - "God..

1797 days 2 hours ago
raygan94
Welcome Models to Week 7!

Last Week Imaan started the Week with a Disadvantage which ultimately led to the end of her dream!
7 remain in the hopes of becoming Tengaged's Next Top Model!

Before we start off the week I want to leave something very clear to everyone.

If you do not want to be in this competition you are free to leave at any time. The door is always open and you do not have to be here if you do not want to.
I do however reiterate that it's the coward way to go and I don't particularly like quitters but you are free to be what you like. You won't always agree with Critiques but it's your job to take them on board and progress not throw the towel.

With that being said, let's begin the Week!

Welcome to Week 7's Challenge, God Save the Queen!

This week you will all be dipping in some Culture. As a Model sometimes you will be whisked away from the comfort of your home and dropped off in another country for a booking!

It's your job to familiarize yourself with the surroundings and adapt to whatever or wherever you are!

So, for this Week's Challenge you will each be assigned a specific Country. What you have to do is produce a Photograph which resembles something from that Country.
You will have to do some research about the Country you are assigned and find out what you are interested in and portray it in a Photograph.
Creativity is KEY for this Challenge and also KNOWLEDGE about the place you are in.

These are the Countires that have been assigned at random:

Baylor - France
Barbara - Germany
Natasha - Spain
Iggy - China
Emily - Morocco
Jourdan - U.K.
Ashley - USA

Please write a little description of what inspired you to pick this Photo so I can understand what you are trying to portray.

DEADLINE: Thursday 27th June 2019!

Good Luck!
1797 days 2 hours ago
mikec51
I would like to add that I did not get a best photo until final 6 and I won last season so keep that in mind that it really is anyone’s competition!
1796 days 23 hours ago
LeonM1996
Emily Didonato - Morocco - https://az617363.vo.msecnd.net/cmsroot/cmsroot/media/content/news/_dsf5311a71000ecb4f81998eab2a4f35528d33a_thumb.jpg

I was quite daunted by this challenge as Morocco is a country I don't know very well at all compared to the other countries! I researched Morocco quite a lot to try to find something that I could use, and I discovered that Moroccan women love bohemian fashion. The main religion in the country is Islam and as a result, head scarves, turbans and hijabs are quite commmon to see in Morocco and you'd be expected to wear one in lots of places if you did visit.

As a result, I chose this picture, showing me looking very happy and embracing a different culture by wearing a bohemian style head scarf. I had a few to choose from but I chose a head scarf with a mainly red colour scheme to highlight the red flag of Morocco.
1796 days 13 hours ago
Ajathekween
Iggy Azalea: China

https://thatgrapejuice-net.cdn.ampproject.org/ii/w1200/thatgrapejuice.net/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/iggy-azalea-paper-1-thatgrapejuice-600x900.jpg

I focused on the sophistication and the uniqueness of Chinese culture and the tradition of femininity of Chinese women.
1796 days 7 hours ago
Delights
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSFHtaJXm9KpGMnMoiTSaumSz6J-HWu8lEGwTk8WlOeeDbHFzTz

she looks like she is ready for flamenco dancing with cassettes (castanetts i think  but i dont know what they are called)
1796 days 6 hours ago
hazbez94
https://images.app.goo.gl/2e5TYpTGivJNZiyj6

I'm portraying America in a different light, showing the bust streets of New York City, one of the nations largest places. Ashley is still placed in the centre however and shines through with her natural elegance whilst showing the traditional bright and colourful advantgarde commonly associated with NY Fashion Week.
1796 days 5 hours ago
Rubes
I’d like to quit thank you. The first few weeks were fun! And then I just got bored. Bye, good luck final 6!
1795 days 23 hours ago
SeongWoo
Barbara | Germany | https://i.imgur.com/GyaBm5A.png

For this shot i'm trying to represent the Bloodbath happened at Germany when Hitler was on power. I'm not a big fan of Germany. A lot of people died, and thats why i'm using a mask, people are sick and only the majors could breath well, for this shot i'm a survivor.
1795 days 10 hours ago
patricenka9
https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/zNcAAOSwq9ZbltsQ/s-l300.jpg

Presenting a show girl kind still model! High fashion and iconic! Showgirls were a big part of France.
1795 days 7 hours ago
raygan94
:::::::::: CHALLENGE CLOSED ::::::::::
1795 days 7 hours ago
raygan94
:::::::::: CHALLENGE RESULTS :::::::::

Welcome Models to the Challenge Results!

Jourdan had decided to leave the competition. There are now 6 of you remaining. This week will continue as usual and Jourdan's exit DOES NOT secure your place in this competition.

With that being said, from now on you will all receive comments on your Challenge performance.

Emily (Morocco) - I live 45 minutes in a Ferry from Morocco and I think you hit the Challenge on the head! This screams Morocco and Africa to a tee and I am glad you went for the Moroccan fashion to inspire you. You did your homework and it payed off!

Iggy (China) - I think you also did a very good job on this Challenge. The styling is also very Chinese/Asian inspired and that's exactly what you needed to do. I do wish your eyes were stronger but other than that I like the creativity you went for!

Natasha (Spain) - I live on the boarder of Spain which means Spanish Culture is around me constantly and I think you went for the perfect shot! The styling is very Bull Fighter and very Flamenco. I do wish the Photo was bigger as when I zoomed it lost quality but other than that another great job representing your country!

Ashley (USA) - You did have the easiest of them all as its your home country and I do like the shot, however I would have liked more strength from your facial expression and also your body. I think the dress is wearing you and it's attracting more attention than what the shot is supposed to be about which is USA.

Barbara (Germany) - You are the only one who went for something different and I have to give you points on that. The choice was not obvious and your description really made me understand what you were going for. It's not obvious Germany when I look at it but like I said it was a risk that you took and I am all for risks!

Baylor (France) - I so see this styling in the Old Paris Fashion Scene and it is a good shot from you! I like the pose which extends your body but I do think compared to the other Models it doesn't really impress me as much. At this point I have to compare but I can't say this is a bad shot, although the image could have been bigger too.
1795 days 7 hours ago
raygan94
That being said, from now on there will be no Challenge Prize or Advantage.
The Challenge winner this week will receive a 10 as their score.

The Winner of this Week's Challenge is
EMILY!!

Congratulations! I think your representation of Morocco was spot on and nothing that came after impressed me as much as your simple yet stunning choice!

Well done!
1795 days 7 hours ago
raygan94
::::::::: CHALLENGE SCORES :::::::::

1st - Emily (10)
2nd - Barbara (9.5)
3rd - Iggy (9.3)
4th - Natasha (9)
5th - Baylor (8.5)
6th - Ashley (8)

open group

Tengaged's Next Top Model Cycle 11!

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!