This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Season 14 Week 6 (Top 7)

Topic » Season 14 Week 6 (Top 7)

3070 days 23 hours ago
TolisKalkas
3070 days 23 hours ago
TolisKalkas
01gohan

http://www.4shared.com/music/WikhOqFXce/Before_He_Cheats.html

The beginning of each chorus was rough, but once you dropped down you were on point, but those high parts hurt you. Also, just like I've been telling David, just let go on those parts that are intense. Stop holding back

I honestly think you had trouble with this song. You sang it well, but it wasn't a good song for your vocal range. There was a bunch of jumping octives (which props on you for doing that though) but I would say it would be better if you pick songs that work for your vocal range

I really like this! I've only heard you sing one other country song before this performance ever if I remember correctly. Either way I think the style suits you, not to mention leaves you the opportunity to really showcase what your voice can do. Just make sure to stay on with the melody. Nicely done!

https://soundcloud.com/trebleclef-445703977/hold-back-the-river-1

Now this is what I want to see from you. I was really liking this. Just wish you had really just went for it and let go at 2:30

This is definitely your better recording this week. I love the emotion you put into this song, and I hope you can keep that up in all of your recordings!

Yassss! This is what i'm talking about! Great vocal, connection, and dynamics. I loved this! My only tip would be for you would be to make you are completely on pitch throughout. Awesome job!
3070 days 23 hours ago
TolisKalkas
americanidolfan

https://soundcloud.com/americanidolfan123/who-knew

Toned back the theatricalness a bit, but needs just a little more. It's mostly in the verses were you were holding the notes just slightly too long making it sing-songy. And in the chorus, for a majority of the time you were fine, but there was once during that second chorus where you had a timing issue. Vocally, solid other than right after the break down, but you were feeling it and going for whatever came and had just a slight crack, but it is most likely going to be overlooked by the other judges because you were living.

I like that you really went for it towards the end of this song! It did seem strained, but I think you pulled it off pretty well. The biggest thing I would say about this one is that sometimes the timing sounded off to me.

I really love this song, hell it was my own audition song. So I definitely wanted to like this......and I did. I dont think it was amazing, and yes it was a little shouty, But it was fun. The emotion was there too, and you really pushed yourself. I would just make sure you keep your voice controlled more thoroughly. Well done!

https://soundcloud.com/americanidolfan123/use-me-1

In your element. I was vibing and feeling this like crazy. Just careful a little at those parts where you got a little breathy.

You definitely hit the style of this song spot on, so congrats on that! I like that you matched the song style which is really refreshing to hear. Great job!

I really love this song with your voice. And having heard it for the second time now I have to say you've improved greatly! I mean, the vocals were on, the energy was on. Great job!
3070 days 23 hours ago
TolisKalkas
carlisle

https://soundcloud.com/carlysles/say-you-love-me

I'm torn, at moments I thought this was lovely and really fitting to what you've put forward, but I think the lack of that umph from the background track made it slightly boring. I know you were feeling it, but at the same time it seems like one of those times where you just mindlessly sing along to a song and then at the end you are like, wait I just sang a whole song... don't remember that I even started singing. Like it was good and enjoyable, but could've been better

The beginning of the song seemed a little dull to me, but at least it picked up from there. I would just say to make sure to have the energy you have at the end of the song throughout the entire thing!

I have to say this was ballsy. Considering this was a song you scored lower with in your past season. However, I think you did slightly better this time as your runs and emotional connection were more on. However the song still dragged on like it did last time in my opinion. Solid nonetheless.

https://soundcloud.com/carlysles/grenade

I was vibing through most of this. Some awkward breathes and pauses that made me have to stop from vibing and then get back to vibing on the next line. I hate this song, but I was vibing for it this time.

The hardest part about this song is the phrasing, which you had a little trouble with. Just like you wouldn't stop to breath in the middle of a sentence, try to work on where you're going to breathe (preferably at the end of a phrase)

I like the song choice for your voice, but I am not sure you fully knew the song. And in that situation I would of preffered you to just stick to something you know. However I do feel like you executed each lyric with clear drive and determination to perform well. I just dont know that you got it 100%
3070 days 23 hours ago
TolisKalkas
EnglishBB

https://m.soundcloud.com/englishbb/angel-at-tengaged-cover

Great song choice, great vocals. Just be careful about sustaining the tone throughout the note. A couple times (near the end) when you were fading out of some notes your tone fell just ever so slightly flat. And with a song like this, performance was there, but after about halfway through, it lost some of that spark.

I think you did a really good job at the long sustained notes, and I think you may have found another forte of yours. The only thing I would say is to try your best to keep up the energy throughout the song.

I feel like this song suited you well vocally. Your tone was smooth with it, and in the chorus you pushed your voice to just the right spot. However with you singing through your nose I feel it throws you off a little. It is something I really want you to work on. Good job!

https://m.soundcloud.com/englishbb/sex-bomb-at-tengaged-cover

Okay... by far... your best this season. Other than the break down, this was so good. Definitely in contention for best performance of the season

I can tell you had fun with this song, and that's really good, since that gives you that style quite easily! You fit the style of this song really well, and I love the energy you put into it!

Unlike the first song, this wasn't sung as much through your nose. Plus it was a good change of pace from the first song, and I think that was smart. Not to mention a better suited song for your voice!
3070 days 23 hours ago
TolisKalkas
kingdomheartslover

https://soundcloud.com/arepp17/tg-idol-s14-samson-week-5

This was not your best. It seemed like you just didn't get behind the notes and support them because they were quite shakey. And I know Regina can become a bit more spoken than sung, and at times it really got you in the middle of this "I should be singing, but it flows more spoken than sung" and that tug between the two seemed to throw you into too much spoken and lacked that support you would give while singing.

The biggest thing about this is the phrasing. There are some points in the song where you're taking breaths in the middle of phrases. Just try to find breathing spots that are in rest areas or at the end of a phrase.

Yess!!! This was an emotion filled performance, and one of your more solid vocals. You didnt sing flat throughout! I just wanna say too that I am really happy with how for you've come. Not to mention the course of a few weeks you have become a true competitor and this performance shows why. Very sweet! Well done! Just make sure to watch high notes.

https://soundcloud.com/arepp17/tg-idol-s14-i-wont-give-up-week-5

I don't know what happened this week for you but you just seemed off. There were quite a few timing issues which led to words getting mashed together, which lead to flat notes. You are definitely better than what you put forward this week.

The biggest thing with this song is the long, drawn-out notes, and I think you had a little trouble with that this week (more-so during the verses). Some of the notes for those were off, so just keep an ear out for that!

I did enjoy this, and your vocal! However I expected you to be able to push through the bigger notes, but you seemed a little scared. I just  want you to trust yourself because I know you have it in you. Solid!
3070 days 23 hours ago
TolisKalkas
tdilindsayfan100

https://soundcloud.com/nickhazistan/wings-birdycover

I felt the emotion, but with that emotion, the vocals get a little shakey. It's something that will take a while to balance. Sometimes you get so wrapped in the words that you just don't get behind the melody enough to keep it on pitch. I appreciate this performance a lot

Like you said, I think you did a great job putting emotion into this song. I could go for a little more volume and energy, but for what this song is, I think you did a good job at it.

What a lovely song! However I felt you didn't really push through the notes and more you let them stay simplified and slightly off key. However I will admit that the higher notes were a lot stronger than I expected and overall you were able to conform well to this style of music. I just expected a little more from you I guess.

https://soundcloud.com/nickhazistan/give-me-loveofficial

It was pleasant and simple, but it was ... simple. It was a bit too simple and kind of just started to seem repetitive and lacked the excitement that you could bring.

Honestly, I think your better performance was the other one. The emotion that you put into the other song just didn't seem to be there. I would say to try to pick songs that you really love or connect to really well because it helps your singing so much when you pick a song you like!

Solid! I feel like this was a very smart and safe choice for you. A song you could sing solidly, and one you knew. I do have to admit though that a large portion of this song was sung flat, however there was a small moment where you pushed your voice a little more and it sounded amazing. Definitely reach for those bigger notes. Dont be scared. Nice work!
3070 days 23 hours ago
TolisKalkas
After all the scores were combined and the formulas were applied, here are the final results

1        ::        8.675        ::        americanidolfan
2        ::        8.276        ::        EnglishBB *had the highest scoring song of the week with Sex Bomb
3        ::        8.122        ::        01gohan
4        ::        7.302        ::        tdilindsayfan100
5        ::        7.266        ::        carlisle *penalty incurred for 1 song being late (first offense)*
--------------------------------------------------------------- In the Poll
6        ::        7.220        ::        lucasmaximo15  *penalty incurred for 3rd time songs were late*
7        ::        6.903        ::        kingdomheartslover

http://www.tengaged.com/group/2301/poll/tengaged-karaoke-idol-14-top-7-vote-eliminate-128466

Poll will be open for approximately 24 hours. DO NOT SPAM! If you want to send a message to direct people to the group, message me and I will give you a message that you can send. You CANNOT edit that message. Anyone caught spamming will be penalized. DO NOT SPAM YOUR OPPONENT OUT! If you spam someone out, you will incur a penalty onto your percentage. (Hence why it's vote to evict so you can't spam to stay).
3070 days 22 hours ago
anthony2011class
Did someone call for queen anthony?
3070 days 22 hours ago
Carlisle
Erm I didn't sing say you love me before?
3070 days 20 hours ago
tdilindsayfan100
It's nice to hear that overall there was more expectations from me! I feel like I'm gaining my stride though and I'm ready to keep pushing. I completely agree with the shaky vocals and I will work on making them stronger while still putting emotion into it. I appreciate the critiques and I hope to keep improving!

Goodluck Alex and Lucas!!!! :(
3070 days 19 hours ago
EnglishBB
Omg I am absolutely delighted to get through again and by those comments! I knew Sex Bomb would be a risk but I'm so glad it paid off - thank you judges!! Good luck Alex and Lucas!
3070 days 13 hours ago
lucasmaximo15
Thanks guys my first time in the bottom, and just to say i did get late it wasent for days its was in my calculation of time zone and hors diferents it was just one hour late sooo the comment in the poll of being disrespectful for being late for 3rd time is just BS because the times i get late is because im in i different time zone, sometimes theres week i can just record my song because im busy or my dad is working in the computer, soo your comment is BS
3070 days 11 hours ago
americanidolfan
Oh  wow!! Can't believe I'm the top this week!  thanks guys everyone sounded amazing
3070 days 5 hours ago
kkoster001
My comments for Wings and Samson were swapped.......
3069 days 23 hours ago
TolisKalkas
Woops! Sorry Kyle

open group

Tengaged (Karaoke) Idol (... 15?)

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!