This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Season 14 Week 4 (Top 9)

Topic » Season 14 Week 4 (Top 9)

3093 days 21 hours ago
TolisKalkas
3093 days 21 hours ago
TolisKalkas
lucasmaximo15
https://soundcloud.com/lucas-silva-437297273/if-only
I think you do your best on the higher/middle notes. You did a great job when the song went higher, but when you had to sing the really low notes, it sounded really forced. I would say to try to pick songs that fit your range or sing it in your range. With that said though, I thought you did an amazing job on this though!
I’m not sure how I feel about this! I feel like your voice is kinda dull and kinda strings along, if that makes sense! The chorus was lovely though, really pronounce the words, and make sure to separate them! The second verse was much better than the first! It’s hard to nail a voice like Dove Cameron’s. It was a decent performance. Nothing too extravagant or special! You’ve done better though! It’s nice you did showcase your voice though with the high notes, you show your range and what you can do with your voice!
Solid job! You really pushed through the bigger notes in this! Not to mention your emotional portrayal was absolutely amazing! Pitch was on, key was matched. My only tip for you is to watch your enunciation, because you tend to lose the clarity of your words. Other than that great job! Fireworks!
This just did not do it for me. I think you are better than what you've put out in the past 2 weeks. This week it seemed a little sloppy vocally. Connection got better.
3093 days 21 hours ago
TolisKalkas
carlisle
https://soundcloud.com/carlysles/when-there-was-me-and-you
such a little cutie! The lower notes at the beginning were a little bit of a struggle! but this is nice! Another good week for you my love! Not trying to embellish, keeping it simple with the vocals, no runs everywhere, no unnecessary bullshit! The runs you did do were on point. Your voice did crack at one point so just be careful! Aswell a note in the middle was more of a head voice note and you didn’t completely nail it. But happy with this in general, you did lovely!
This one sounded kind of rough compared to your other performances. It was good considering sickness. The higher notes sounded like a struggle.
Verses and chorus was good. But the breakdown got a little clunky and awkward. First week the song choice I didn't agree with for you. Could've done better.
Yay! Another performance from you that I really like! Way to step it up from last season! On the flipside however, I have to admit that the first half was much better than the second. Considering when you hit the second half your voice and then you hit a rough high note. Either way the majority was good, just ensure you can hit all the notes you go for and get better soon. Nice job!
3093 days 21 hours ago
TolisKalkas
AndR31
http://vocaroo.com/i/s1GZPEOgL2ZU
Absolutely lovelovelove thing song! But you seemed to have struggled with it a bit. Especially with the higher notes, they were very weak. You definitely don’t have that musical type voice and it may have hurt you a bit! Very short and sweet as well, didn’t really portray what it could have, vocals were iffy, performance was meh. Definitely wasn’t your best! I’m quite dissapointed!
I really love your tone, and with this song your voice suited the performance really well. Continuing on I think you also conveyed the emotion of the song really well and you were on key. However your pitch was a little of and you tended to slip when switching from high notes to lower notes. So I would watch out for that in future performances. Overall you did a nice job though!
I think your trouble on this song was the higher parts. You did say you were sick, so nice job pushing through that. The longer notes and the higher notes were a struggle this week, but the rest was pretty good considering the circumstances
Vocally it was alright, but that breathiness made me feel out of breath. I could hear you exhale on every note and it just made for an awkward listen.
3093 days 21 hours ago
TolisKalkas
01gohan
http://www.4shared.com/music/oZvlGf__ba/Everyday_Karaoke.html
I really enjoyed that you did a duet on this, and you really did amazing on the harmonies! I enjoyed the runs you put on the end of of some of the phrases. Great job this week!
Overall this was good. It just was a little safe. You need something to push you over the edge. Vocally was solid, performance was solid. Just need a little more umph and push to make it great.
Vanessa Hudgens scared the shit out of me hahaha. So some of your runs were quite weak and fell a little flat, but all in all this actually is pretty good. Your voices blended together well and you harmonized with her quite well! The only thing extremely bothersome was that a couple notes fell a little flat, and sometimes the natural vibration in your voice just became a little much. Towards the middle, the notes were all over the place and kinda embellished and weren’t done extremely well. But other than that, I’m quite content with this other than the minor problems! I thought you handled it well! Just really watch it when you want to go high or do something different with your voice
Yess! Yess! Yess! This is what I call an amazing performance! Well controlled vibrato, smooth runs, strong tone, and amazing pitch. Not to mention you and V's harmonies were stunning! The only tip I can really think to give you moving forward would be to work on using your vibrato less. I know it's a big part of you singing but sometimes I feel you really lose control of it and go way overboard. So keep working on that. Wonderful job!
3093 days 21 hours ago
TolisKalkas
americanidolfan
https://soundcloud.com/americanidolfan123/i-am-changing
Another solid performance from you. Personally, I'd like to see you step out of your comfort zone a bit and push yourself even more.
Came out extremely strong! Same as any other performance really, you did lovely, vocals were good, runs were good, I feel like a broken record on repeat. It’s almost as if i’m becoming bored with it, no offense, but it’s almost like the same song over and over again, builds up to these high notes, it’s evident the style you like, and you stick with that style. Not saying it’s bad, but all your performances are very similar. In the middle, there was an extremely flat note where your voice seemed to maybe crack? But that was the only problem with the performance! Maybe just try singing something different and out of your comfort zone. You go for the theatrical songs and sometimes different is good! You did struggle with some high notes though. All in all, it was an americanidolfan performance.
The beginning part was really, really solid. I think you had a little trouble in the faster section (the middle), but your beginning and end of the performance was really good.
Yay!  This was good! Definitely a big step up from last weeks performance! As your pitch was on throughout, you stayed on key, and your big notes were very very strong, as were your runs. Just make sure your high notes are up to par with everything else and that you don't overdo your runs. Considering you somewhat did that in this performance. Regardless it was very strong. Great work!
3093 days 21 hours ago
TolisKalkas
tdilindsayfan100
https://soundcloud.com/nickhazistan/seasons-of-love-rentcover
I feel like this is one of your better performances! Specifically because it is fairly simple and it worked with your tone! My big issue though was when you went for the big notes as you didnt pull through and hit the notes you were supposed to, causing your voice to fall flat. In turn your small lower notes were the only ones that really impressed me. Emotionally though it was pretty strong. I just expected a little more overall. Good work!
I’m really loving this first verse, so simple, but it’s lovely singing. The chorus was where it was rough, your voice couldn’t really commit to that note and the struggle was obvious. The verses is where you shined. This is what you need to do, is just sing. Do not focus on runs, do not enhance the song. Just sing. Simple as that, if you just sing, you will do well. The run in the second verse was very rough. But this was good, I’m proud of you!
The first minute was great. Then it gets into where all the harmonies are and you are jumping from voice to voice. Pick one and stick with it. Vocally it's alright, but the jumping from harmony to harmony causes some vocal and pitch issues
You did a great job on the beginning part of this song. You do your best work on the lower/middle notes, but I could definitely hear you struggling to hit the higher notes. On the higher ones, you were a little flat, so just make sure you're getting on top of those notes!
3093 days 21 hours ago
TolisKalkas
EnglishBB
https://soundcloud.com/englishbb/i-am-telling-you-at-tengaged
Alright! You did a solid job! However, I have to admit that that intro was a little rough. Moving past that though it was good. I mean, pitch wise you were on, and you stayed on key for the most part too. But again your big issue is enunciation. You just tend to slur your letters together or you round out your notes and leave the words uncomprehendable. If you work on that and watch to not sing through your nose as much you'll be fine. Good job!
For saying "I sang with my heart and not with my head", I think it was a really good performance! I loved the amount of emotion your put into that. The only thing is that the ending bit was a little off, and not having anything for that part makes it really stand out.
I think the other judges might be gagging on this, but to me this was just alright for me. You sounded a little flat on all the held out notes and went a little flat since there was no flair to the notes. I appreciated some of the melody choices, but you lost the meaning behind the lyrics with some of the choices. It was good, but could've been developed a lot more.
Oh mama this is a big song, huge risk! Off the bat I’m quite disappointed with the song choice, because you naturally have such a deep voice. I found myself quite bored throughout the song. Even at some points I feel like you weren’t singing at all, just kinda yelling at me. I don’t think this was your best at all. I just didn’t enjoy myself, and I wasn’t feeling this for you!
3093 days 21 hours ago
TolisKalkas
Max7313
https://soundcloud.com/michael-marks-3574874/breaking-free
I think this was one of your better performances. Try to keep working on how you're singing nasily, but you're doing a good job with that. I'd just say to make sure that if you're going to do duets, really try to work on staying in tune with each other. Great job!
Song choice on point, makes my heart happy! Ouff right off the bat with a voice crack haha not a good sign! Not a fan of the female voice either no offense, it was kinda messy. This was very weak. I’m here to judge your singing, but sometimes the female voice outshined you. You should’ve stuck to the main track, with Vanessa’s vocals and just worked with it and worked around it. I’m quite disappointed with this. Not your best. LOL you both didn’t know who was hitting that high note? That awkward “sss” very unprepared! Alot of notes fell flat, just a hot mess.
Thank you for taking most of my notes! You did a solid job! You did much stronger with keeping pitch, as well as staying on key. Not to mention you sang through your nose less than your past performances!!!!! My big note moving forward would be to watch for nasally singing even more and to make sure you're fully on time with the instrumental. I think if you do that you'll be a little more conistent. Way to step it up!
Your sister outsang you for most of the song. Just saying. Glad you got less nasally, but still had some issues throughout and made your vocals sound hollow causing it to get a little flat.
3093 days 21 hours ago
TolisKalkas
kingdomheartslover
https://soundcloud.com/arepp17/ireland-tg-idol-s14-week-4
This was a really good song for your range I think. I think you really excelled this time. I think something about this song is the meter (the beat) and some parts you got off, so I'd just say to make sure you're on the beat.
This wasn't your best performance. For starters, you were off key for a large majority of the song. And you again seemed confused with how you wanted to sing the song. Yes, you did sing some of the bigger notes strongly, and shocked me with that ending note. But overall I felt like you could of pulled it more together had you worked on it a little longer. Solid job nonetheless!
You delivered the performance with the song that was needed and I really appreciate that. Vocally it was pretty good. There's something that didn't sit right with me at some parts, can't pin point it, but it's not something that took away too much.
Your voice is very sassy here and I like it! You’ve got that musical vibe to you! Vocals weren’t 100% but this is musical week, and you need all the elements! You made it blend well, you had the sass, you had the decent vocals, this was a decent performance! You seemed more prepared, you were comfortable with this, you were on beat, this was good for you!
3093 days 21 hours ago
TolisKalkas
Here are the weekly results:

1        ::        8.821        ::        01gohan
2        ::        8.731        ::        americanidolfan
3        ::        7.896        ::        kingdomheartslover
4        ::        7.550        ::        lucasmaximo15 (-2/6 for being late a second time)
T-5        ::        7.347        ::        EnglishBB
T-5        ::        7.347        ::        tdilindsayfan100
7        ::        7.149        ::        carlisle
8        ::        6.879        ::        AndR31
9        ::        6.708        ::        Max7313
3093 days 20 hours ago
TolisKalkas
1        ::        8.524        ::        americanidolfan
2        ::        8.447        ::        01gohan
3        ::        7.500        ::        EnglishBB
4        ::        7.394        ::        carlisle
5        ::        7.222        ::        kingdomheartslover
6        ::        7.138        ::        AndR31
7        ::        7.136        ::        lucasmaximo15
-------------------------------------------------------------------------- IN THE POLL
8        ::        6.969        ::        tdilindsayfan100
9        ::        6.303        ::        Max7313

Poll: http://www.tengaged.com/group/2301/poll/tengaged-karaoke-idol-14-top-9-vote-eliminate-128017

Poll will be open for approximately 24 hours. DO NOT SPAM! If you want to send a message to direct people to the group, message me and I will give you a message that you can send. You CANNOT edit that message. Anyone caught spamming will be penalized. DO NOT SPAM YOUR OPPONENT OUT! If you spam someone out, you will incur a penalty onto your percentage. (Hence why it's vote to evict so you can't spam to stay).
3093 days 20 hours ago
tdilindsayfan100
Happy to get my highest score yet but disappointed to be in the poll. Hopefully I will be saved! :) good luck Max
3093 days 20 hours ago
Max7313
im honestly just so UPSET that the person who's critique was second in mine this week and last week were just SO FUCKING VICIOUS. I GET YOUR A JUDGE BUT LIKE I FEEL LIKE U HAVE THIS VENDETTA AGAINST ME, U SAID LAST WEEK U FELT ATTACKED BY ME, WELL I FEEL ATTACKED BY YOU. anyways goodluck Nick and thanks other judges for the critiques
3093 days 20 hours ago
01Gohan
TBH with the whole vibrato thing.

My software is weird in that if I do a long note after five seconds it'll completely diminish in sound. It only changes when before that time there's a sudden change in volume- the vibrato is for that.

I'll try and tone it down a bit
3093 days 19 hours ago
americanidolfan
Oh wow thanks guys!!

open group

Tengaged (Karaoke) Idol (... 15?)

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!