This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Episode 3 ~ Show Stealers (Judging Panel)

Topic » Episode 3 ~ Show Stealers..

2612 days ago
Millzipede
[ F I N A L   1 0 ]

*The 10 finalists enter the Champs-Elysées Hotel's boardroom, which has been cleared to serve as the judging panel for this cycle*

Millie: Hello models, and welcome to your third judging panel here in Paris as part of the eleventh cycle of Tengaged's Next Top Model. As you all know, Siri chose to leave the competition this week off her own accord, but nevertheless elimination will continue as normal. For your photo shoot this week, you posed for one of my favourite designers, who also heads up infamous fashion house Moschino, Jeremy Scott. One of the prizes for winning this cycle is a campaign with Moschino, so this is your chance to impress. Before we get to it though, let's take a look at your prizes for this cycle.

Millie: Making her return after her absence last week, it's the most fiery winner of Tengaged's Next Top Model we have ever had. By now, you should all know that she is not the one to mess with, it's the wonderful Barbara Palvin (#CocoaBean)!

Barbara: I'm back bitches. Watch your backs.

Millie: Up next is Barbara's infamous nemesis, and second runner-up of her cycle. A huge Tengaged personality, model and also dear friend of mine. Ladies welcome back the beautiful Lindsay Lavara (#Maxi1234)!

Lindsay: Hey ladies! *waves*

Barbara: This is why I should have stayed at home.

Lindsay: Shut your mouth. *smiles*

Millie: And rounding us out this week, our third and final famous face is a growing Tengaged designer and CEO to her own fashion label. Returning for her third week on the panel, is the wonderful Carly Jay (#carlyjordan14)!

Carly: Of course I'm back DARLING.

Millie: Right, then let's get this show on the road.
2612 days ago
Millzipede
[ T A Y L O R ' S   P H O T O ]

https://www.flickr.com/photos/146052806@N07/32981740326/in/album-72157677004615444/
(Click on the photos to zoom in)

[ B A R B A R A ]
LOVE this shot. Nothing I would change, one of my favorite shots of the seasons I have been judging on.

[ M I L L I E ]
Your prize from the first week was to have a personal one-on-one session about your photo before judging panel was posted, and actually I didn’t really have that many negatives to say. Although your left arm has been hidden by the sleeve of the dress, which could have been avoided with a simple hand-on-the-hip, everything else is absolutely spot on for me. The styling is out of this world, and aside from Estefania, I think you managed to nail Jeremy Scott’s visions the most out of anyone. The styling is vibrant, it’s fun and it’s young and I think all of those qualities are exuded in your face as well. Despite everything going on around you, my eyes immediately connect with yours, and I can’t take my eyes off of them. This is definitely a stand out shot from you.

[ L I N D S A Y ]
This is good. Very 80's and flashy. I think you had a different take on the theme as well. I feel like this is more retro and it's giving me disco vibes! I just wish we could see your face a bit more, but everything else works for me! Good shot, congratulations. And I'm happy to see we're finally getting to know you better as a model. :)

[ C A R L Y ]
On second thought, this might be the top photo of the week! The lighting is perfect at highlighting your bright and colorful dress. Your hair and make up is stunning while your positioning is relaxed, yet strong. Overall this was a very well done shot and I like the background.
2612 days ago
Millzipede
[ V I C T O R I A ' S   P H O T O ]

https://www.flickr.com/photos/146052806@N07/32896929881/in/album-72157677004615444/

[ C A R L Y ]
This shot is lacking the bright and eccentric colors I was looking for, but I do like the shot as a whole. You look determined and the styling of the outfit is very well executed. I also like the variation of patterns you show here in this shot.

[ L I N D S A Y ]
This is good. But it's not really what we were looking for? I think the theme was BRIGHT colors. And this is literally a deep burgundy/red. I don't know, it's a good pose/shot but it's really not what we were expecting you girls to submit us this week. Meh, bit of a let down.

[ M I L L I E ]
As a general fashion photo Victoria, I like it. You are truly selling every part of this outfit – everything from the dress, to the shoes, you make me want to buy it. Unfortunately, though, I’m just not sure if this photo is suitable for a theme based on Jeremy Scott’s designs. Although you could argue that the pose is edgy as you have one leg up in the air, everything else just seems to be devoid of any sort of individuality or outrageousness. This theme was all about going for the wackiest choice of garment that you could find, and the best that you could produce was a simple red dress? It looks amazing on you, but I just really wanted you to take me somewhere else with this shot, and it’s just a huge anti-climax for me, especially after how well you have done these past couple of weeks.

[ B A R B A R A ]
I realy like the posing of this shot and you have an exceptionally strong face, I wish your clothes fit the theme a little bet better though. Good job overall!
2612 days ago
Millzipede
[ A U R O R A ' S   P H O T O ]

https://www.flickr.com/photos/146052806@N07/32981756616/in/album-72157677004615444/

[ C A R L Y ]
The positioning of your body is awkward, as well as your facial expression. I’m not sure if your confused with being in a marathon or running from the rain. I do like the mix of colors you used in the styling of the outfit, but the outfit as a whole doesn’t fully work for me. You did good, but at some point being “good” won’t get you far.

[ L I N D S A Y ]
Oh I adore this, I think this is personally one of your best yet. It's really high fashion but it's still simple and subtle, which I love. I don't like when models go over the top with their shoots but this is just the right amount for me. This is also one of my favorites of the week! I do think your arm (the one holding the purse, to be exact) looks a bit awkward though, that would be my ONLY thing.

[ M I L L I E ]
Wow, this is such an intense photograph, and after your last two photo shoots, it’s nice of you to switch it up and give this different type of look. Your face is so intense that it feels as if your eyes are staring straight through me so keep that up for the future photo shoots. The pose is cool – it’s edgy, and different which are the kind of qualities that I would expect to see in either a Moschino or Jeremy Scott campaign. You’re creating all of these angles with your body so that my eye keeps darting around the page so I have to look at all the aspects of your outfit – the handbag, the shoes, the dress it all works. Although I love the styling, I think I would have liked to have seen just a little bit more colour in the outfit. Scott’s designs are supposed to be in-your-face and this isn’t necessarily the boldest look.

[ B A R B A R A ]
I love this shot! I am immediately captured by your face and I definitely see this in a magazine. I would have appreciated however something a little more flashy in terms of your color choices though.
2612 days ago
Millzipede
[ I S A B E L L E ' S   P H O T O ]

https://www.flickr.com/photos/146052806@N07/32178160314/in/album-72157677004615444/

[ M I L L I E ]
I’m in two minds about this shot. One the one hand, I appreciate the risk. Jeremy Scott isn’t known for designing swimwear, so this was a really brave choice to make, but I do really like the patterns used and could see him making something like this. Your skin looks amazing, and like some of the other girls, I really like all of the angles you are creating with your body. Your face is strong, and you’ve got good eye contact, but I think the decision to look away from camera may have let you down. It worked last week, but here I think this photo would have been elevated so much more had you stared down the barrel of the lens to really grab my attention. If I was reading a magazine, I’d definitely stop to look at you, but I’m not sure if I’d take a picture of the shot on my phone to look back at later.

[ C A R L Y ]
Waist up, this is stunning! It’s bright and eccentric and exotic. I love the positioning of your body and how the colors of the outfit contrasts your skin tone beautifully. However, I’m not a fan of the below the waist part. It distracts from the true beauty of this shot. Taking risks is great, but knowing when they become too much of a distraction is key.

[ B A R B A R A ]
This is a beautiful shot, but I don't really see this as part of the line, this looks more like a walmart bikini. Wish u saved this photo for a different week.

[ L I N D S A Y ]
This is OK. It's pretty basic, in my opinion. A bathing suit in a a theme like this week wasn't something I really wanted to see. This was your chance to bring over the top looks to shock us, but this is a bit underwhelming. Your body language is good, but I don't know. This is just safe for me, I feel like we could have saw more fashion wise. But it is a good shot, I'll give ya that.
2612 days ago
Millzipede
[ K A S I A ' S   P H O T O ]

https://www.flickr.com/photos/146052806@N07/32981751466/in/album-72157677004615444/

[ C A R L Y ]
Odd outfit to wear to the beach, but I surprisingly don’t mind this. I really like the colors and patters you decided to wear. The bow on your head is a nice touch and your stance is confidently strong. I’m just not too fond of the setting being on a beach.

[ M I L L I E ]
You didn’t seem entirely confident in your photo this week, however I actually think this is one of the stronger submissions this week. I love the vibrant colours in the outfit, and unlike Hamiko’s photo, this is a way to have a dominant colour theme in an outfit, while still making it interesting, in the form of a floral pattern. I love the motion you are creating with your body language, especially from the waist downwards (thank God you are pointing your toes) but I think you could have given some extra tension in your arms. I also love your face, especially the juxtaposition of the soft expression against the bold colours and pose. Occasionally, Scott likes to put an elegant twist in his collections, and I think with that kind of facial expression, you could easily fit in. Good job once again.

[ B A R B A R A ]
I don't really like your pose, but you hit the theme spot on.

[ L I N D S A Y ]
Gorgeous. But I feel like I keep giving you the same critique every week. I'd love to watch you serve us a bit of versatility. You really remind me of Alexandria (the winner of the last cycle), you are relying on looking pretty, but sometimes pretty doesn't get you THAT far (flashback to Chloe from the last cycle). Don't get me wrong though, this is a top tier shoot, but if you wanna bring home the bacon, you better show us you can do more than just serve us prettiness.
2612 days ago
Millzipede
[ S U L L I ' S    P H O T O ]

https://www.flickr.com/photos/146052806@N07/32178156874/in/album-72157677004615444/

[ L I N D S A Y ]
A different take on this week's theme, and I think it worked. Bright colors don't necessarily have to be red, blue, pink, etc. Because I think a simple black & white can do the trick sometimes. And not to mention, Jeremy Scott HAS indeed designed a few iconic black and white pieces that don't spring up that much, but the designs are still noticeable by the detail and the fascination of it.

[ M I L L I E ]
This is definitely a unique interpretation of the theme, but in a weird way I sort of like it? Scott is known for his high-usage of patterns, so I love the direction you went down in terms of the outfit, but the decision to go with a monochrome look rather than one bursting with colour is definitely a big risk. Despite that, what I think saves you are your modelling abilities. The pose is edgy, and different while not looking stiff at all, something Sienna should take notes on. I love the flip and the hair to create some additional motion to the photograph and in conjunction with the pose itself, I don’t know where to look on the page (which is a good thing!). Overall, I think this is one of your strongest photos to date, and most definitely a step up from last week.

[ B A R B A R A ]
Wish your eyes were focused on us and this shot could have been one of the strongest ones. I really like this shot overall and the modern style, not sure if the color panel is what we're looking for though.

[ C A R L Y ]
Where are the bright and eccentric colors? Black and white is nice, but this shot would have been stronger if a variety of colors had been used. Simple is nice for some shots, but this photoshoot calls for the shots to be bold in color and I think this shot lacked that greatly.
2612 days ago
Millzipede
[ S I E N N A ' S   P H O T O ]

https://www.flickr.com/photos/146052806@N07/32208223983/in/album-72157677004615444/

[ L I N D S A Y ]
Boring. I've seen this a thousand times in fashion group games. It's really nothing special and I don't wanna waste my time writing you a long critique on something you found by Googling "rainbow dress photo shoot". Quite disappointing, considering your performances were somewhat good. But yeah, that's all I have to add to this. It's a good picture, but it's been abused so much by other models.

[ C A R L Y ]
I think I’m looking at the top photo of the week! This is STUN-NING! The colors, the flow of the outfit, your contrasting skin tone, the neutral background, your deep red hair and lips! All of it works so beautifully together and it’s hard to look away from this shot. Very nice job!

[ B A R B A R A ]
Definitely one of my favorites this week, I would have preferred if your pose was different though i want ot se your face as well! Your clothes might have saved this photo and not necesarilly you which is something to keep in mind.

[ M I L L I E ]
I’m sorry girl but once again this shot is just not working for me whatsoever. The styling is spot on like last week, and I’m beginning to think that you might have a hidden talent in that department, but modelling wise, this is a huge let down. The pose looks extremely awkward, almost as if somebody told you to do that. In particular, your arms and hands look particularly stiff. After your basic pose in last week’s photograph, I did tell you that I wanted to see something a little bit more out-of-the-box but this is not what I was looking for. Your face is beautiful, but like I’ve said to some of the other girls, it is often hard to connect with the camera if you are looking off-lens. I don’t feel that special something that I want to see in a Jeremy Scott campaign.
2612 days ago
Millzipede
[ E S T E F A N I A ' S   P H O T O ]

https://www.flickr.com/photos/146052806@N07/32178162104/in/album-72157677004615444/

[ L I N D S A Y ]
Eh. This is good. But I don't know, I feel like I want more. Your chest is too bare for my taste, I would have loved seeing you accessorize with something small, but remarkable. This is good though, but I feel like there's a lot more that could have been done with this shot alone.

[ M I L L I E ]
I think out of everybody’s photos, your styling is probably the most accurate to Jeremy Scott’s designs; this is definitely something that I could see him creating and I personally love it. It’s different, and I love the use of laundry detergent packaging as the inspiration behind the dress. The pose is good, and despite sitting down, you’ve managed to elongate all of your limbs to make you seem as tall as you possibly can. You’re always so aware of your body, which I appreciate model-to-model. For me, the face is a slight let down for me. It’s not weak at all, but I still feel like it could be stronger, maybe it’s the open mouth which is just distracting me from your eye contact? I’m not sure. Also, although you’ve managed to elongate every other part of your body, I feel like you’ve lost your neck a little.

[ B A R B A R A ]
I think you really captured the essence of the theme well, but for me, there is something cheap about the shot of the photo, it just doesn't scream high fashion to me. Try to go with a more professional shot in the future.

[ C A R L Y ]
I LOVE this shot! This, I think, is exactly what Jeremy Scott would be looking for. I not only love the dress and shoes, but also the perfectly messy hair. The stance is a little odd, but other than that I really do think this might be your best shot yet!
2612 days ago
Millzipede
[ M A R I S S A ' S   P H O T O ]

https://www.flickr.com/photos/146052806@N07/32981750816/in/album-72157677004615444/

[ L I N D S A Y ]
Simple, but I feel like this speaks a lot louder then what the shot actually represents. Personally, this is a step-up from your earlier performances. But I think your makeup is a bit too bland for a dress that is so over the top and extra. Other than that though, everything is on point I couldn't ask for more. I just wish you would have had a brighter lip, or a darker eye to really bring things up to 100. Right now you're at about a 95, but it's still an A+ from me!

[ M I L L I E ]
I love love LOVE the outfit that you are wearing. It’s a perfect combination of understated, but still got that wow factor needed to be a part of a Jeremy Scott collection. The patterns on the dress, combined with the Middle-Eastern inspired tapestry in the background work really well together to create this amazing visual I could see in any major magazine. For me though, your face lets this photo down a lot. I have no idea what is going on with the finger-in-the-mouth as it gives the shot a whole seductive and slutty vibe to it, which doesn’t match with the styling of the shot, nor the brand you were modelling for. Had you given me a super intense facial expression, or even a softer look embracing the scenery this could have been a top photo for me.

[ C A R L Y ]
This is good, but the colors are a bit dull when trying to go along with Jeremy Scott’s designs. I do like the outfit and how your positioned. Your blonde hair is a nice and obvious focus from the other elements in the shot. My only thing would be adding more bright colors to make this look more eccentric.

[ B A R B A R A ]
There's someting about your face that's throwing me off, your looking way too innocent for my liking for such a pop culture brand.
2612 days ago
Millzipede
[ H A M I K O ' S   P H O T O ]

https://www.flickr.com/photos/146052806@N07/32981754846/in/album-72157677004615444/

[ L I N D S A Y ]
LMAO, your legs are spread open. I personally think this is funny as hell, but I don't think it's really professional at all. I don't know, the pose really ruins it for me. Out of the millions of different ways you could have posed yourself, this is the ONE you were aiming for? I'm crying. This is such a wacky shot, I don't even know. I like it because it's funny, but I don't think this is close to being one of my favorites of the week. I love the look though, but your legs... smellin' like fish (maybe it's the crabs on the boat?).

[ C A R L Y ]
At first I really disliked this shot. Then, I stated at it a little longer. Still dislike it very much. The all red styling is just too much and contrasts unfavorably with the blue boat that you’re randomly on. Maybe if you lost the hat and gloves at sea, while posing in a better position this could have been decent.

[ B A R B A R A ]
I am loving the risk you are taking in your photos, but unfortunately, you just missed the ark on it for me. I feel like the red is a little bit too dress and your a little bit too spread out, makes your body look  award.

[ M I L L I E ]
I love the styling here. Is it a look that I think Jeremy Scott would design? Possibly, but I think I was just looking for something a little more outrageous and polarizing, rather than an all-red ensemble. Additionally, I like your face. You’ve maintained strong eye contact with the camera, despite everything going on around you, and your pale features really stand out against the backdrop. For me what lets this shot down though is the pose. Spreading your legs open in a fashion shot is always a risky decision, and one that rarely pays off and here is a prime example. It’s a little too provocative and ultimately distracts from what you are supposed to be doing – modelling. Additionally, the purse, which is placed in your crotch area is a little inappropriate and ultimately gets lost amongst the red gown. In the future just be wary of your positioning.
2612 days ago
Millzipede
Millie: Alright, now it is time for the judges and I to deliberate. When I call you back, I will announce which girl has won this week's Vogue Girl poll, which girl has won best photo, and most importantly, which girl will be sent home. Good luck to you all.
2612 days ago
k4r4k
Thank you judges for your critiques! If I stay I hope to show you more versatility:)
2612 days ago
KingGeek
...kms
2611 days 23 hours ago
ninjohn
Sienna CF: "Another split critique..."
Sienna: "I agree with all four of you!" She smiles.

open group

Tengaged's Next Top Model

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!