This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Episode 1 ~ Street Style (Judging Panel)

Topic » Episode 1 ~ Street Style..

2642 days 22 hours ago
Millzipede
[ F I N A L   1 4 ]

*The 14 finalists enter the Champs-Elysées Hotel's boardroom, which has been cleared to serve as the judging panel for this cycle*

Millie: Hello ladies, and welcome to your first judging panel here on Tengaged's Next Top Model. As you already know, as we are in Paris for this cycle, everything in this competition is going to be elevated, and because of that we will be having a double elimination tonight. For your first shoot of the cycle, you posted in degenerating parts of the city of Paris, while modelling high fashion garments. Before we get to your photos though, let's take a look at the prizes for this cycle.

Millie: Now I will introduce to you our judges. First up, we have a former Tengaged's Next Top Model winner. She may be harsh, but that's because she expects the best from you. She's one to impress, it's Barbara Palvin (#CocoaBean)!

Barbara: Hello girls. Didn't think you could get rid of me that easily, did you?

Millie: Also joining Barbara and I on the panel, is another judge from last cycle. A dear dear friend of mine, Top Model alumni and Tengaged celebrity, it's the one and only Lindsay Lavara (#Maxi1234)!

Lindsay: Hello everyone, I'm glad to be back.

Millie: As am I Lindsay. Now rounding us up this cycle, is a new addition to the panel. She's a fashion designer, and the CEO of the "United Dawn" clothing line. This is a woman who could potentially be a future client to you all, so you should always be performing at your best. Ladies, let's give a warm welcome to Carly Jay (#carlyjordan14)!

*The girls applaud*

Millie: And of course you will be joined by myself. So let's get this show on the road.
2642 days 22 hours ago
Millzipede
[ H A M I K O ' S   P H O T O ]

https://www.flickr.com/photos/146052806@N07/32286043070/in/album-72157678330451150/
(Click on the photos to zoom in)

[ C A R L Y ]
After spending a few mins looking over the shot, I have a slight like for it. Not a fan of the red clothing on red/orange background lighting. The multicolored stockings need to go. The gun is a strong statement piece, but close your mouth as it is awkwardly placed in this shot.

[ B A R B A R A ]
I don't really see how this is urban to be honest...maybe I'm missing something? Your face and pose is quite hideous, the more I look at this photo the more I am not a fan... :/ I hope you go with a more professional photo next week, as this is very amateur in my opinion.

[ L I N D S A Y ]
The more I look at the picture, the most it grows on me. It takes a while to let it sink in, but I think it's SAFE. It's not first call-out material, but it's definitely ahead of most of the other girls. If we were later in the competition, this wouldn't do it for me. It's good, but I feel like you could've brought in so much more. This looks more of a Suicide Squad promotional poster.

[ M I L L I E ]
This is definitely a bold shot, and like I’ve always said on Tengaged’s Next Top Model, I appreciate any sort of risk that a model takes. Unfortunately, I just don’t really see any connection to the theme, aside from the fact that you’re on the street. You could make the case of the fact that you’ve got a gun, means it’s not a very pleasant area, but even that’s a stretch. I love how your styled, but I just think there’s so much going on this photo that it’s a bit overwhelming and I almost don’t notice what you’re wearing; remember your job as a model is to sell the clothes. I love your energy, but you’ve just got to apply it in the right way, so that it doesn’t distract you from what you’re supposed to be doing.
2642 days 22 hours ago
Millzipede
[ S I R I ' S   P H O T O ]

https://www.flickr.com/photos/146052806@N07/32511998782/in/album-72157678330451150/

[ L I N D S A Y ]
This is VERY similar to Isabelle's pictures, who I lashed out on for being weak. And yours is just as bad, if not worse. We can't see your face, and the background is a mess. We were looking for city vibes, and you're in the forest wearing a floral gown? Literally the most off the map look I've ever seen. I would have forgiven you if you would've posted something a bit edgier, but this is so plain it hurts. Better luck next time, you'll need it.

[ M I L L I E ]
You and Isabelle both went down this weird floral route for the photo shoot, and honestly I have no idea where it came from. The shot itself is okay, and the dress does look really cool, but in a competition like this it’s so important to stick the week’s theme, as ultimately that is what we’re testing you on – your skills to read and interpret a brief and submit a fitting fashion photo. If you survive this week, I want to see you take the direction given to you a little better, and truly give me what I ask. Also as the photo that you submitted was photo shopped, it meant that I wasn’t able to find a better quality image for us to critique. Just make sure in the future, to find the largest version of that photo that you find.

[ C A R L Y ]
I love this dress of flowers and you look absolutely stunning! But, where is the connection to the theme? Anyone can pose in the forest. There is no link between this photo and the theme that you were tasked with following. Beautiful shot, but not what I’m looking for this week.

[ B A R B A R A ]
You look like a bowl of fruit loops mixed with a Lady Gaga outfit. This photo is cheap, your outfit is cheap, and this is not an urban shot to me. One of my least favorites . You're also too far away for me, and your eyes are closed so it's hard to judge your face. I have no idea who you are as a model still.
2642 days 22 hours ago
Millzipede
[ G A B R I E L L E ' S   P H O T O ]

https://www.flickr.com/photos/146052806@N07/31911106664/in/album-72157678330451150/

[ B A R B A R A ]
No comment I don't have the patience for this.

[ L I N D S A Y ]
What a waste of space, although I feel like you hold more potential than Jessibug over there.

[ C A R L Y ]
No comment.

[ M I L L I E ]
No photo, and you’ve left the group – what happened? I’m so confused as to why this has all occurred as if there was a personal issue you were dealing with, then I’d much you have told me and I could have either extended the deadline or just dealt with this more professionally. I really don’t like quitters in this competition, and you have essentially done that.
2642 days 22 hours ago
Millzipede
[ K A S I A ' S   P H O T O ]

https://www.flickr.com/photos/146052806@N07/32512027802/in/album-72157678330451150/

[ L I N D S A Y ]
YOU DID THAT? This is smooth as hell, and I'm all down for it. You're a high fashion hood rat and I love everything about this. Honestly, one of my personal favorites of the week. Everything about this is gorgeous and on point; the scenery, the pose, the fashion, the look, I love it all! You give me Lady Gaga meets the city vibes and I'm buying it all. I'd have 49 copies of this, SIGNED!

[ B A R B A R A ]
Love this shot! Definitely one of my favorite shots this week. I LOVE the posing , the props, the outfit, everything! For me this is a great shot, but I am a little bit nervous that a company would find this a little too "gaudy," but I personally love it, as you're taking risks. Keep up the great work!

[ C A R L Y ]
Absolutely stunning! This is a perfect example as to what I’m looking for this week. The graffiti in the background helps to bring out your amazing style and pose. From hair, to makeup, to the clothes and boots. You are showing these other girls how this theme was meant to be portrayed.

[ M I L L I E ]
This is definitely a strong photo, and is actually the photograph I was talking about when I said that it won first call-out on my season of Ozzy’s Next Top Model; something I don’t know if you knew about or not. I’m obviously going to be slightly biased towards this shot, but there were obvious reasons why I chose this shot. This is the definition of modelling from head to toe as there is not one part of your body which isn’t doing something. Your toes are pointed, your back is arched, you are giving us neck – it’s just all around fabulous. You were one of the only girls who actually nailed that high fashion aspect in an urban decay setting, and you have definitely made yourself one of the girls to watch this season. I just hope you keep it up.
2642 days 22 hours ago
Millzipede
[ S U L L I ' S   P H O T O ]

https://www.flickr.com/photos/146052806@N07/32542889751/in/album-72157678330451150/

[ M I L L I E ]
I like the photo Sulli, but there’s just something about it which is preventing me from loving it; I feel like everything is 60% there, the background, the styling, your face it’s all just okay, but I don’t really want to see okay in this competition. Like some of the judges have said, I feel like it’s missing the high fashion element to this, and it just looks like a professionally taken photo whilst you’ve been on a night out on the town with your girlfriends; you look fun and flirty, but not necessarily like a fashion model. Also, I think I would have liked to have seen the theme a little more in the photo. The rail that you are posing on is a little rusty, and that’s about it, but aside from that all I see is an urban environment, rather than a ‘decaying’ one.

[ B A R B A R A ]
Not a fan of the shot...too hooker-esque for me and not enough high fashion. You look like a girl off tumblr, not a high fashion model.

[ L I N D S A Y ]
I actually adore this. It fits the theme PERFECTLY except I feel like you could've camped up the high fashion aspect of it. But you look better than most of the girls when it comes to posing/serving face. Either way, I think this is also one of my favorites of the week, and if you fix your fashion, I see a potential threat in you. So hopefully this is just a tease of what's to come!

[ C A R L Y ]
The styling of your outfit is great, but the background needs work when it comes to connecting with the theme. I don’t see urban decay when viewing this. I see, in stead, a girl in a big city basking in the nightlife. You were close, but the setting of this shot didn’t fully execute the theme.
2642 days 22 hours ago
Millzipede
[ I S A B E L L E ' S   P H O T O ]

https://www.flickr.com/photos/146052806@N07/32286040440/in/album-72157678330451150/

[ M I L L I E ]
Visually, this is a stunning piece of photography. The dress looks amazing, as do you, and the whole production and lighting really complement each other to create a fantastic image. However, I don’t see how this fits the theme even remotely. This week was all about urban degeneration – I wanted to see graffiti, litter etc., but you’ve given me flowers, in front of what seems to be a blank screen? You’ve proven that you can model, but in the industry you’ve got to give the client what they want, and this is far from it. If you’re unsure in the future about an assignment or photo shoot theme, then don’t be afraid to ask as it won’t hurt your chances at all. Victoria came to me several times before the deadline asking for advice, and she’s ended up with a strong photo so I’d recommend you do the same.

[ C A R L Y ]
Someone didn’t read the theme. Sure this is a beautiful shot and that dress is stunning. However, where is the urban decay? This seems more like a South American shot than one that’s meant to connect with the urban decay theme. I will note, however, that your stance and facial expression is very strong. If you stick around I hope to see more of this power pose.

[ B A R B A R A]
I have absolutely no idea how this fits in with the urban theme..looks more vintage to be honest. I like the styling and the lighting, you just missed the theme completely.

[ L I N D S A Y ]
I don't get the "urban" or "city" vibe from this. This is so, so weak to me. Personally, I'm not too much of a fan. It's not terrible, but it's nowhere near being average. It's just like... okay, a boring picture, taken from a weird distance to where we can't see your face. And not to mention this doesn't even fit the theme at all. This was a choice, and it was clearly a bad one.
2642 days 22 hours ago
Millzipede
[ J E S S I B A ' S   P H O T O ]

https://www.flickr.com/photos/146052806@N07/31911108834/in/album-72157678330451150/

[ L I N D S A Y ]
Personally goodbye, you know how to work the runway when you're dedicated, but clearly you have a lack of energy that really isn't necessary to have around here, good riddance.

[ B A R B A R A ]
No comment I don't have the patience for this.

[ M I L L I E ]
Like Gabrielle, you didn’t submit a photo for either the challenge or the photo shoot this week which like I’ve said previously, is such a shame as you seemed to be one of the more passionate girls in the competition and I was really hope you’d do well. Anything that happens this week, is entirely down to you though.

[ C A R L Y ]
No comment.
2642 days 22 hours ago
Millzipede
[ T A Y L O R ' S   P H O T O ]

https://www.flickr.com/photos/146052806@N07/31852802723/in/album-72157678330451150/

[ B A R B A R A ]
There's just something awkward about this photo for me and I can't pinpoint it....you look...short? I don't know...your body looks kind of scrunched together in my opinion. Besides that, I really do enjoy this shot and out of all the girls, I could definitely see this photo in a high fashion magazine so kudos to you. Next week, I would like to see you use a less known model instead of Cara De FLOP (oops did I just  throw shade on live TV? Can't wait for this to come out in the tabloids...)

[ C A R L Y ]
Another very strong shot that features everything I’m looking for in this theme! I love the outfit choice as it’s mixed-matched. The urban setting is clear and your pose is bold. Very nice job for your first photoshoot this season.

[ L I N D S A Y ]
This is OK. I like how you respected the theme but the fashion... yikes. I love the quality of the photo and all, but the clothing is a mess. It really shuts everything else down for me, but nonetheless, I think you still performed better than most of the girls simply because you followed the rules and knew how to sell your garment. So congrats on that.

[ M I L L I E ]
I’m afraid to say Taylor but I really don’t like this photo at all. Theme wise, I think you nailed it. Instead of going for the ‘fashion model in an urban environment’ look, you tried to become a part of the environment itself, which is a brave move. Sadly, I think you went a little too far in that direction and have lost any sort of fashion element to the picture. While the styling is subjective, I just can’t look past how awful you have been dressed, and it doesn’t do your fabulous body any favours.  The only redeeming quality for me, is your face. You are giving such a piercing look, and when I zoom in you just look breath-taking. I just wish this was almost a beauty shot, so I couldn’t see the body.
2642 days 22 hours ago
Millzipede
[ S I E N N A ' S   P H O T O ]

https://www.flickr.com/photos/146052806@N07/32624519686/in/album-72157678330451150/

[ C A R L Y ]
While I do feel you have a strong shot - background wise - your own clothing selection is too covered up and lacks contrast to the setting as a whole. I think this could have been a very strong shot, if you wore something that makes your body and pose standout more clearly from the setting.

[ L I N D S A Y ]
There's way too much stuff going on. This is not even following the theme as well. This is SO busy and I don't even know where to keep my focus at. This is not bad as a whole, but it's definitely not what we were looking for to represent the first call-out of the cycle. I don't hate it, but I sure as hell don't like it either. Step it up, because low quality pictures like this won't save you in a later week.

[ B A R B A R A ]
LOVE this shot! The more I looked at it, the more it grew on me. I love the risk you are taking and your face was able to have a bored look while still keeping me captivated, which is impressive so early on in the competition. My only complaint is that it's a little too prop heavy, my eyes didn't really know where to go because you rather blended in with the shot, and again, I'm not sure if I would see this in a high fashion magazine. Nonetheless, a great start to the competition.

[ M I L L I E ]
Like some of the other judges have said, I wasn’t crazy about this shot when I first saw it, but after a while I’ve really taken a liking to it, and now think it’s one of the better shots of the week. I love this kind of run-down/abandoned journalist office vibe you are going for, as like Aurora’s photo, is a unique take on the theme. I love the pose – despite lounging on the couch you’ve still managed to look strong and my eye darts between both your face and the boots. You have lost your neck though, so remember to elongate in future photos as that will also make you look a little taller. The only thing I’m not keen on is the filter on the photograph itself. I think they were trying to go for a retro/old-fashion vibe, but it just means that everything kind of merges into one colour and doesn’t stand out as much, but obviously that’s not your fault.
2642 days 21 hours ago
Millzipede
[ L E A N N E ' S   P H O T O ]

https://www.flickr.com/photos/146052806@N07/32512023652/in/album-72157678330451150/

[ B A R B A R A ]
I see a lot of potential in you as a model, and you could definitely be a frontrunner in this competition...one day. I love the angle the photo was taken in and I love how you're really working your angles, but the makeup and the styling isn't very high fashion in my opinion, maybe the other judges will disagree. If you were styled differently, this could've been the top photo for me!

[ L I N D S A Y ]
This... is awful. This is ugly. What the hell is with that hair and makeup? And the fashion is, well, quite frankly awful. In the two seasons I've judged this is the worst shoot I've ever seen. And I'll keep it at that. You deserve to go home over the two girls that didn't submit by how awful this entire picture is.

[ M I L L I E ]
I’m really sorry Leanne, but this photo is an all-around mess. While I will give you some praise in that you managed to nail the theme of this week, which some other girls failed, your modelling skills just don’t look up to scratch here. First of all, you are leaning towards the camera, which always makes you look shorter, as well as making your head look disproportionately large compared to the rest of your body. Both your arms and your legs look awkwardly placed within the shot, and your right arm looks almost deformed coming out of your shoulder. I think for future shots you would be much better off using the suggested models and magazine spreads listed in the assignment, as this isn’t strong at all.

[ C A R L Y ]
I admire that you were working towards the urban decay theme. The setting is absolutely perfect for this week’s theme. However, your styling from hair, face and wardrobe is not working for me. While you were trying to embrace the theme, I feel that this being a modeling competition - I expect more from you in post and overall styling.
2642 days 21 hours ago
Millzipede
[ V I C T O R I A ' S   P H O T O ]

https://www.flickr.com/photos/146052806@N07/32624516046/in/album-72157678330451150/

[ C A R L Y ]
This is how you take this theme and make it your own with a dash of luxury and style. Your pose is very strong and the skateboard is the perfect accessory for this photo. The clothing choice could use a bit of work, but overall very nice job.

[ B A R B A R A ]
This shot is FIERCE, I love it! You took a risk and for me it paid off. Your back leg could have been photoshopped better, but I blame the photographer and lighting for that. I love how you're fiercely holding the skateboard while looking up, you look completely confident and like you're owning the runway. No complaints from me.

[ M I L L I E ]
You are one of the only girls who I think pulled off the theme this week, and that’s purely down to you double-checking with me before the assignment. It’s so important that you’re clear on what you’re doing for any sort of job as a model, so I’m glad that you took the initiative to come and talk to me beforehand. In terms of the photo, I think your body looks amazing and despite being one of the smallest girls here, you look taller than everyone else does in their photos combined. The pose is stiff and your head is tilted backwards far too much, however the fact that you are walking, and bringing some motion/movement to the photograph really makes this shot stand out. A strong start, but definitely some areas to work on.

[ L I N D S A Y ]
I adore this. Simply gorgeous. Again, you were one of the few girls who gave us what we asked for, and you took it to extremes. City girl, lookin' hipster and all, but you still kept it classy regardless. The outfit is gorgeous, and it really falls right into the theme this week. You look gorgeous, and I think you performed well this week, one of my favorites as well! Congratulations!
2642 days 21 hours ago
Millzipede
[ E S T E F A N I A ' S   P H O T O ]

https://www.flickr.com/photos/146052806@N07/32565327651/in/album-72157678330451150/

[ C A R L Y ]
To me, this shot is just ok. While I do think the styling is sexy and bold, the background doesn’t fully bring to mind urban decay. It seems more like a wannabe steampunk shot. Personally, I would have like to have seen an overall shot that connects with the theme without being cliche.

[ L I N D S A Y ]
For someone who posted a picture late, you personally could've picked something better. You look stumped as hell, and I've mentioned last season that I dislike pictures taken from a distance that you can't see your face. Your legs and fashion look great, but it's taken from such a weird angle, and I would've preferred to see your gorgeous heads. Sucks you didn't really show that this week.

[ M I L L I E ]
I absolutely adore this photograph. I think a lot of people missed the mark when it came to nailing the theme this week, but this is the exact kind of thing I was looking for. I love the industrial vibes to the shot juxtaposed with you looking as glamorous as ever, which only makes you stand out even more. If I saw this in a magazine, I would definitely stop to take a look at you. The only issue I have this week was your lateness. I mentioned this in your challenge results, but if can’t stick to deadlines within the fashion world, you simply won’t be able to book jobs. If you were to turn up to a photo shoot late, the clients would either be extremely unhappy, and would recommend to others to not book you, or simply turn you down at the door, so if you stay you have to be on time next week.

[ B A R B A R A ]
This is a solid first shot. You followed the directions to a T and executed the task perfectly, so kudos to you. In my opinion, however, I feel like this shot is a  little bit on the safe side...While this is definitely a strong first shot, this is kind of what I expected and you didn't really "surprise" me if that makes sense. I am eager to see what you will bring next week!
2642 days 21 hours ago
Millzipede
[ A U R O R A ' S   P H O T O ]

https://www.flickr.com/photos/146052806@N07/32665134305/in/album-72157678330451150/

[ M I L L I E ]
I wouldn’t say I love this photo, but nevertheless I think this is one of the stronger photos of the week. I’ll start off by saying that I love the idea of you posing on the metro. The underground has always had ‘dirty’ and ‘grimy’ connotations associated with it, which is exactly what I was looking for this week, so props to you for using your initiative. You look beautiful, but I just think your face looks vacant. I don’t see any emotion behind your eyes, which I don’t really fits well with such an intense background. I wanted to you to evoke that grimy attitude, like ‘you don’t want to mess with me’, especially on the metro, but you’re just not giving it to me here.

[ B A R B A R A ]
This would be a great shot!...if it were for Target or Goodwill. I do not see this photo in a high fashion magazine, which was specifically pointed out in the directions. I can see you were trying to fit the theme though, and I appreciate the risk...it just didn't work for me. This shot is too unprofessional for me, if you survive, next week I want to see a more professional photo.

[ L I N D S A Y ]
I absolutely love this. It's REALLY high fashion and it definitely fits the theme quite well. Quite frankly, I think this is one of the strongest pictures of the week. You look stunning and I think the background is really what we were looking for in all of the other girls' pictures. What I like about yours, is how it looks natural. You can see people in the background, and I don't know, everything just looks so naturally well placed that it makes me enjoy the picture even more!

[ C A R L Y ]
For your first time out here in this competition, you’ve provided a really strong photo. While I’m not a big fan of the parted lips, I do love the mixture in clothing style as well as the background. Your stance is sexy while also bold and unafraid of the urban lifestyle.
2642 days 21 hours ago
Millzipede
[ M A R I S S A ' S   P H O T O ]

https://www.flickr.com/photos/146052806@N07/32512021382/in/album-72157678330451150/

[ C A R L Y ]
Standing in the street with a generic building in the background does not bring to mind an urban decay theme. This shot seems boring and the styling is very simple and lacks vision. I hope, if you move forward, more effort will be put into not only fitting the theme but also improving on clothing stye.

[ M I L L I E ]
This is a stunning shot Marissa, and a really strong start to the competition for you. I am in love with the outfit, and you are really making me want to buy it. You look tall, you look elegant but I’m just not exactly sure if that’s what I wanted to see this week. I was looking for something a bit dirtier, a bit more back-street, and you’re giving me a bit more ‘professional woman’ on the upper-east side. I like it, it’s just not what I was looking for. My other critique of the shot, is that I don’t like your hand placement; You’ve got a beautiful face, so why try to hide it by covering up your face. Had your arms been down by your sides, I think the photo would have looked so much better overall.

[ L I N D S A Y ]
This is great! It doesn't stand out too much, especially when I surfed through the  album of the week as well. But when I look at it more, it gets better. Kind of like Hamiko, except I think yours was more conceptual and high fashion. I think what puts yours over hers is the background and the color palette, everything is so smooth and gorgeous. But don't feel too confident, as I believe this is a very safe picture.

[ B A R B A R A ]
This shot is just "ok" to me, very middle of the pack. Nothing particularly wrong, but nothing particularly great either. I don't really like your posing, and to me you look a little bit awkward. I also don't really feel like this urban enough, and while you obviously tried to match the theme, I wish it was a little less "contemporary" and more urban if that makes sense.
2642 days 21 hours ago
Millzipede
Millie: Alright, now it is time for the judges and I to deliberate. When I call you back, I will announce which girl has won this week's Vogue Girl poll, which girl has won best photo, and which TWO girls will be sent home. Good luck to you all.

open group

Tengaged's Next Top Model

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!