This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Episode 1 ~ Smoking Hot! (On Set)

Topic » Episode 1 ~ Smoking Hot! (On..

2837 days 17 hours ago
db1994
Challenge: http://imgur.com/a/7oaGR
When I think of the color blue I think of the ocean and how serene it is. Thats why I went with this beautiful blue dress with a mermaid tail and the texture looks like scales.

Photoshoot: http://imgur.com/a/RFiAP
2837 days 10 hours ago
Millzipede
+ + + + + + + + + + CHALLENGE RESULTS + + + + + + + + + +

Millie: Hello girls, and welcome to the results of your first ever challenge on Tengaged's Next Top Model. Your challenge this week was to emulate the emotion of the colour 'blue' through your photo graph. I will evaluate each of your photos individually, before announcing the winner at the end.

Millie: First up we have JESSIE.
As a fashion photograph, it's pretty good. You are modelling all aspects of the outfit, be it the shoes, or the outfit itself, and despite a bit of an awkward hand position in the crotch area, you actually look quite good. The main issue with this photo for me, is that I don't see 'blue'. Some characteristics associated with the colour are calmness, intelligence and of course sadness, and although you tried to justify it, I think you were unfortunately barking up the wrong tree. Perhaps if you had given me a more detailed explanation as to why you chose the photo, you may have been able to persuade me.

Millie: Up next we have ANUTHIDA.
Firstly, I have to address that you didn't give any explanation whatsoever as to why you chose this photo, which was a vital part of the challenge itself, so you will automatically be scrutinised for that. Unfortunately, the photo doesn't do you any favours either. Not only do I not see the colour 'blue' at all (aside from the trousers) but it just isn't a very good fashion photo. The pose is basic, and your face is completely blank. On a challenge based on emotion, you didn't really give me any.

Millie: The third girl up is KALLIE.
I know you were trying to go a little outside of the box, going in a completely different direction with the 'love' theme, but for me you just missed the mark a little. While no colour is defined by any adjective, I was looking for the qualities listed in Jessie's critique. I wanted to see strength, sadness or calmness and I see none of it there. It's good to step away from the crowd sometimes, but you must remember what the brief is. As a modelling shot, it's okay. I love the interaction with the petals, and your connection with the camera, but it's not amazing.

Millie: Up next we have NINA.
For me, your challenge is almost the opposite of Jessie's. I really admire that you understood what was being asked of you, and the qualities of calmness really do come through in the photo. You also went into a bit more detail than some of the other girls, which shows that you actually did a little bit of research. Unfortunately, in contrast to Jessie's shot, as a modelling photo, it just doesn't stack up. All I see here is a pretty girl in a dress. There's no expression in your face and your arms look stiff as a board. I think had you loosened up a little, and perhaps looked upwards rather than directly down the lens, you may have been able to emulate 'calmness' a little better.

Millie: Following on will be NASTASIA.
I'm sorry to say it Nastasia, but this photo is horrible in all senses of the word. Firstly, you didn't submit any commentary on why you chose the photo, so like Anuthida, you will be penalised for that. I encourage you, and the rest of the girls, to always read the brief so that you understand what is required of you. Secondly the photo is just a mess. Everything from the dress, to the setting looks cheap and honestly you look like a hooker in this shot. It's as if a random girl has been pulled off the street to do a photo shoot for some cheap prom-dress store. I hate to say it, but I'm not impressed with this shot at all.
2837 days 10 hours ago
Maxi1234
LMAO @ Nastasia's critique... yikes
2837 days 10 hours ago
Millzipede
Millie: Hoping to improve on that critique is JORDAN.
You really impressed me with this shot Jordan. I liked how detailed you went with your explanation, and I liked how you expanded on the 'logic/intelligence' theme to showcase how blue emulates 'opportunity'. In terms of a modelling photograph, I love it as well. The dress in the wind looks fabulous, which elevates the whole imagery of the photograph (kudos to both you and the photographer on that one). I'm not  too keen on the closed eyes however. Sometimes having your eyes closed can work, displaying passion, but I think here it would have worked better to be looking off into the distance, or up into the sky. Nevertheless though, a great shot.

Millie: Next we have KYLIE.
This is a good effort Kylie. Like I said to Kallie, sometimes it is better to go the simple route, and execute it well, rather than to go off kilter and not perform as well. I really do see the element of sadness in this photograph, and you do look absolutely beautiful. Was it an easy route to take? Yes but I think you've managed to pull it off. I think the shot would have worked better in colour rather than black and white, as simple shots like these can sometimes make the photography look a little amateur as if it was for an art project or something. Nice work.

Millie: Eighth girl up is BRENDINA.
Like some of the other girls before you, I kind of feel like you missed the mark a little with this one. You stated in your explanation that you were going for a 'water' theme, but we wanted you to showcase the emotion of the colour 'blue' rather than things synonymous with it. As expected, I don't see any emotion at all in the photo, rather just a girl posing underwater, and not very well. The photography looks amateur, the styling is awful and you are completely expressionless. One of your arms looks not only tiny, but as if it's coming out of your shoulder. I think you just need be more aware of not only what the theme is, but how you are presenting yourself to the camera in future.

Millie: Come on up HAILEY.
You fall into the same category as many of the other girls here, which is not really communicating the brief. Confidence is key in the modelling industry, but it wasn't the emotion that he wanted to see in this shoot; had the theme been 'yellow' then this would have been a great shot, but this round not so much. You do look gorgeous though and you are displaying confidence, which does show some modelling capability, but I think you just need to use it in the right way. Also, be careful to not use photos from celebrity shoots. While celebrities will always play a role in the fashion world, modelling is not their priority.
2837 days 10 hours ago
Millzipede
Millie:
The next girl to critique will be TEQUILA.
This is a very lackluster photo graph, and it really doesn't show any effort. Like Hailey, you were going for the theme of 'confidence' which really wasn't necessary this week, and it almost looks as if you weren't sure what to do, tried to go along the same lines as her, and ended up screwing yourself over in the process. Secondly, it's a runway shot, which while I didn't explicitly say you couldn't use, are always highly encouraged not to as they aren't from a photo shoot set. We want to see you posing, not on the runway (that's for another challenge). Sorry girl.

Millie: Next up we have CHLOE.
My critique for Tequila could basically be repeated for you unfortunately. Confidence seems to be a recurring theme here, and honestly I don't understand why. Never in my life have I associated the colour blue with confidence, and it only takes a quick google search to reaffirm that. Like Tequila's photo, it is a runway shot which are always a disappointment to see. You are clearly a gorgeous girl, as we can see in the shot, but it would be nice if we could see more than just your ass. This is Tengaged's Next Top Model, not Tengaged's Next Top Instagram Sensation.

Millie: Our penultimate girl is ALEXANDRIA.
Finally, we don't have a girl who goes for 'confidence' and actually submit a somewhat decent photograph. While you didn't note an emotion exactly that you were aiming to portray, I do see all of the qualities I wanted to see in this shot. I see 'Coldness'  and I see 'efficiency'. You look like a woman on a mission who is ready to do what she needs to do to get the job done, almost robot-esque (but in a good way!). I love the androgynous look you were going for, and while the pose is simplistic, it works here. Also, I love your face on profile, definitely an asset to use in the future.

Millie: ...And finally we have XIMENA.
This is a good shot Ximena. I liked how you went down the line of 'serenity' and incorporated water into the shot, without it being the main focus (something Brendina could learn from). I love the simplistic pose as it really shows off the elegance of the dress. While it could simply be a 'hand-on-the-hip' shot, by arching your pack and twisting your leg, you've created angles which helps the viewer to look at all aspects of you. I do think that your face is a little blank though, and you might of gone so serene that you ended up losing some of the emotion, but it's still a very good shot. You should be proud.
2837 days 10 hours ago
Millzipede
Millie: So I have evaluated all of your shots. I think the key lesson to take away this week is to stick to the brief. In the future there will be plenty of opportunities to go outside of the box and produce something different, but this week was not the time. Nevertheless, the challenge really came down to three girls for me, and those girls were ALEXANDRIA, JORDAN and XIMENA. However the girl I felt did the best was
http://i.imgur.com/b1qdLWB.jpg

Congratulations! This could be a winners shot to me, you know the ones that come up on the final screen announcing the winner? It's that good. You completely owned this challenge, and I think a lot of the other girls could really learn from you this week. Keep up the good work in the future.

See you girls at judging!
2837 days 10 hours ago
jayjet
When is judging
2837 days 10 hours ago
Millzipede
@jayjet

Judging will be up either tomorrow or Tuesday. :)
2837 days 10 hours ago
jayjet
What time in uk
2837 days 10 hours ago
Millzipede
@jayjet

No idea! When I get the time :)
2837 days 9 hours ago
Katherinee_
Everything you said is so true and I can't agree more!
2837 days 6 hours ago
jdsurvivor
YAY, so glad to have won this challenge! Thank you for the critique!! Good luck, everyone!
2837 days ago
jayjet
that is a strange pic though
2836 days 19 hours ago
jdsurvivor
You could've applied to be a judge, but you chose to be a model. I'm going to leave the critiquing to the judges. I could've said things about everyone's photos as well. It's not my place though, nor yours.

open group

Tengaged's Next Top Model

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!