This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

S3: Masked! Round 12: MTV and Beyond

Topic » S3: Masked! Round 12: MTV and..

450 days 11 hours ago
FromAWindow
Hello masked contestants and welcome to your TWELVTH round! Wow!!!!!!!!! Congrats on surviving eleven rounds!

I’m currently watching last week’s episode of Drag Race (wow is this season’s editing bad) and since I’m currently watching MTV, I’ve been inspired for my next round!

This theme is: MTV and Beyond

For this round, I am asking two simple tasks revolving around MTV’s influence on music and where music has gone since then!

Prompt 1: Best Music Video Experience

Submit a song that pairs well with its music video to make a fantastic audiovisual experience for me! Whatever genre you’d like to submit and whatever emotion you’d like to elicit from me is fair game! Whatever you submit, I’ll let you know in advance, I will generally favor the concept of the video and the creativity involved over how well done the production of the video is (though both would be awesome). Kinda can’t wait for this one :)

Prompt 2: Best Purely Audio Experience

A song used to need both a catchy song and a momentous video to become a hit. But with streaming in modern society, people can find good music anywhere and more accessibly, without needing a video! So, send a song that doesn’t have a an official music video! Official audios, lyric videos, and even visualizers are okay but I’d like the visualizers to be a scene or two at most. Besides that, no other rules to this prompt!

Y’all have around 2 days to send your songs! Make sure to send your songs to Tim! Good luck everyone!
446 days 20 hours ago
tbrown_47
Best Music Video Experience
446 days 20 hours ago
tbrown_47
1) Taxi by Nova Twins

2) Stardust by Lisa B.

3) Technicolour by The Comet is Coming

446 days 20 hours ago
tbrown_47
4) still feel by half alive

5) PYNK by Janelle Monae

6) Heather by Conan Grey

7) Describe by Perfume Genius

446 days 20 hours ago
tbrown_47
Best Purely Audio Experience
446 days 20 hours ago
tbrown_47
1) Afterglow by Luna Li

2) Repo Man by The Coup

3) love is a dream by Jesse Jo Stark

446 days 20 hours ago
tbrown_47
4) Choatic NRG by Panteros666 ft. Chippy Nonstop

5) I'm So Hot by Chrissy Chlapecka

6) Ugh I Love Her by Courtney Bizaar

7) Horny Sad by Valiant Vermin

442 days 15 hours ago
FromAWindow
Hello! Welcome to the results show! I forgot to prepare my usual presentation so this results show will be different from the rest of them in just so many ways!

Y’all did so great in both these categories! The videos were WILD and as good as I’d hoped and the songs were also great! Wow!
442 days 15 hours ago
FromAWindow
This round, Biblically Accurate Angel needs to win the overall round to stay in the game. I will start the show by revealing where Biblically Accurate Angel placed overall!

Biblically Accurate Angel, you placed…

In 7th and last place tonight and are OFFICIALLY eliminated.

Video: “still feel.” by half alive!

- This is such a funny pick bc like this was my FAVORITEEEEEE band in like 2018. This album was monumental for my taste in music ngl. I really do love this song, though it’s not my favorite of theirs (“creature” will always be THAT bitch!) This is just such a total bop tho ngl. Now the video…I get the pick, it’s really fun!!!! I feel really joyous from this!!! Now as an EXPERIENCE? Lacking. But overall, I get it!! The video matches the song really well, though like you can tell they didn’t quite have the BUDGET ya know? Good pick! But I think it’s gonna get a little lost in this iconic looking selection. (5/7)

Audio: “Horny Sad” by Valiant Vermin

- Oh no. Umm. This is really close to a sound I like. Like reallyyyyyyyyy close. But like. No. I’m sorry no. Idk something’s off about this where I just don’t like this. Idk. I wanted to like this it just was too girly teeny for the vibe. I feel as though I’m just not the direct audience for this. (6/7)

This gave you an overall combined ranking of 11/14. :hugs Biblically Accurate Angel:
442 days 15 hours ago
FromAWindow
Okay brb doing an errand oops
442 days 15 hours ago
FromAWindow
Okay back sorry! I will now reveal the top placing performers of the week! They are:

- Bullseye the Target Dog
- My Sushi Cake
- Tim

Congratulations! We will now go in order from 3rd to 1st to see how everyone placed!
442 days 15 hours ago
FromAWindow

EXCEPT THERE ARE NO PLACEMENTS BECAUSE YOU ALL TIED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That means there is NO winner this week!!!

Bullseye the Target Dog:

Video: “PYNK” by Janelle Monae!

-  No like. Janelle Monae really is THAT bitch tho. Omg these LOOKSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!! The vagina pants like come on. No one can pull off a cunty look like janelle Monae imo. IS THAT PRINCIPAL AVA? IS SHE IN THIS???? Oh this just got even cuntier. God I love janelle monae so much. This song tho is not my absolute favorite of hers, ngl. I wish the song for this video was better. But the video experience was fully enjoyed I mean come on. Mother. Cunt. (4/7)

Audio: “Afterglow” by Luna Li!

- Oh I do know and love this song. This is really really pretty. It’s been a longgggggg ass time since I’ve heard this but yeahhhhhh. I just float when this comes on. Soooooooooo for me! The guitar is such a lovely little touch to the song. There’s so many different kinds of strings in this. It’s so gorgeous I can’t ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Ty for the fond memory of this wow. (3/7)

————————————————————————————

My Sushi Cake:

Video: “Taxi” by Nova Twins!

- Yeah. I get it. This video is really fucking cool. Comics come to life can be done poorly but this is modern and very nova twins quirky crunchy emo vibes. I love it! The cinematography is actually so stunning on this like omg there’s clearly a BUDGET with this one! And the song is good! Matches the video very well, it’s not my absolute favorite bop, “ANTAGONIST” has always been my favorite of theirs iirc. But like the song WITH the video? Yeah I get it. Overall super well done. Love it! (3/7)

Audio; “Chaotic NRG” by Panteros666 ft. Chippy Nonstop!

- Oh I’ve heard this! I really liked this in my only listen but didn’t add it to my library bc I figured I’d never listen to this again!!! Still stands!!!! I really like this a lot tbh, I have a lottttttt of respect for almost 2000s glitchy house music (I guess that’s what this is?) but I just need more singing I guess and more song structure from all house music. But this has ebbs and flows, gooooooooood production, it isn’t my absolute fave but I really enjoy this!!!! (4/7)

Tim:

Video: “TECHNICOLOUR” by The Comet Is Coming!

- No like. I’m seeing the visuals on the screen and understanding completely bc this is how I feel with this song. Omfg. This is trippy bc I wanna relax and vibe with this SMOOTH ASS SONG OMFGGGG but the visuals make me feel so trippy. This is literally an out of body experience. WTF IS GOING ON NO LIKE IM LIVINGGGGGGGGGGFGGGGG THIS GOES THE FUCK OFF talk about an EXPERIENCE! Damn. Divas. (2/7)

Audio: “Repo Man” by The Coup!

- PLEASE LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYY this transition is too much for me. I can’t with this. Whoever submitted this I hate you lmaoooooooo. How does this not have a mv? That’s so funny to me. This gets old to me on like chorus 3 but wgaf icons!!!!! (5/7)

This means you ALL tied with a combined ranking of 7/14 and have all placed high for the week! No I’m not giving a winner for the round, if any of you have won a category I might’ve but you all submitted a bunch of bangers this week so congrats on placing high this round!!!
442 days 15 hours ago
FromAWindow
Alright. We’ve gotten that out of the way.

Heidi Klum Tapeworm, Martini Glass, Facemask with Bedazzled “Slay”, you have all placed low tonight and one of you will be eliminated tonight.

In 5th and placing low is…

NO ONE BECAUSE THE THREE OF YOU ALSO TIED AS OUR BOTTOM THREE!!!! WOWWWWW!!!!!!!!

Heidi Klum Tapeworm:

Video: “Stardust” by Lisa B.

- The opening quote I fucking can’t lmaoooooooo. Omg. No like. This is exactly what I was wanting omfgggg. Now this is camp lmaoooooooo. She’s such an icon for making this. The song isn’t like my actual fave but I can see this being life changing for those who love the dated 2000s sound. And honestly though it’s not my usual thing it’s good! THE ELEVATOR LMAOOOOOOOOO WHAT IS THIS WHO IS THIS BITCH IN THE GREEN LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO omfg. Incredible. Art. I’m so glad to have experienced this. (1/7)

Audio: “Ugh I Love Her” by Courtney Bizaar!

- This is a music video so automatic 7/7 but like. Lmaoooooooooooooooo in love with this. Just objectively awful. Ugh I love her. And wow short! Barely time for a reaction! Okay! (7/7)

Martini Glass:

Video: “Heather” by Conan Gray!

- You didn’t hear me say this but I really do love this song. Not for the same reasons as the Tik Tok girlies I have to have SOME dignity, the production is just gorgeous on this. Like this is what at the teeny songs wish they sounded like. Now for the video part like I get it. Good cinematography. I get it. Slow motion and stuff. I needed like something more? I appreciate what it’s saying but idk it needed something more to make the video pop. I think it’s a really great mv but idk for this category I’d have gone something BIGGER! (7/7)

Audio: “I’m So Hot” by Chrissy Chlapecka!

- Oh I meant to listen to this I’m such a fake fan, she’s a faveeeeeeeee of mine. Whoa. Omg. Yes. Yes. YESSSSSSSSSSS YOURE SO REAL CHRISSY omfggggggg no I LOVE THIS!!!!!!!! No like this is bimbo Carly Rae Jepsen. I love this woman. No like. IM OBSESSED YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS This production is wildly good. Basic pop at its cuntiest. WE LOVE YOU CHRISSY!!!!!! (1/7)

Facemask with Bedazzled Slay:

Video: “Describe” by Perfume Genius!

- Oh wow. The sexual chemistry. Mama. Should I be seeing this? Now I’ll be honest I don’t love this song which is kind of taking me out of the moment I’m ngl. These knife scenes my godddddddd get a room. Or don’t this looks kinda cultish. Umm. Whoa. Okay. I’ll give you some props for making this an EXPERIENCE for sure! Like. This motivational ambient music part has some STUNNING visuals!!!! It’s certainly different. Idk exactly how to feel like I’m not amazed but it’s certainly something impressive! Yeah I enjoyed this overall! Not my favorite song but a great music video!!! (6/7)

Audio: “love is a dream” by Jesse Jo Stark!

- Whoa. Umm yeah for me. LMAOOO???? What a random bit to put in there…love it tho like just stupidity yesss. Whoa. Umm. Whoa. I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee this. Yeah. Baroque pop is something I’ll always respect and this is just incredibly well done. Omfg. Yeah like. Duh. I’m just really taken aback by this song, wow, STUNNINGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!! Or something else more ott. Yeah. Loved this so much. (2/7)

THAT MEANS YOU ALL HAVE COMBINED SCORES OF 8/14 AND HAVE TIED!!!!!!!!
442 days 15 hours ago
FromAWindow
So what does that mean for this week? Well…I’m not going to eliminate any of you! A tiebreaker would’ve been a combined ranking but that wouldn’t be fair in this situation for the prompt alone. Comparing videos to audios is a bad idea.

So all that being said, our low placements will remain low placements. Congrats on OFFICIALLY being the top 6 y’all!!!
442 days 15 hours ago
FromAWindow
Wait top 5 I counted Tim LMAOOOOOOOO
442 days 15 hours ago
tbrown_47
LOL I was gonna say....

open group

Window-Palooza 3: Masked!

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!