This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Chapter 2 - Hurricane

Topic » Chapter 2 - Hurricane

785 days 23 hours ago
CocoVanderbilt
Welcome to your second task!

In this round you will have to select a song that you feel like fits the theme song: "Hurricane" the most. Do not forget to write us a little explanation next to your pick.

This is an elimination round, meaning that whoever places last will become the second person eliminated from Season 1.

You have 24 hours to submit a song. I will send a few reminders from time to time.

View Limit: 40 MILLION VIEWS (on youtube).

As always, if you have any questions, please let us know!
785 days 21 hours ago
PennyTrationStan
explanation: edm song that also has lyrics abt a relationship and wanting som1 to stay and kiss and hug and be their silly rabbit yas

785 days 16 hours ago
Jaxon
Hm, so once again we have a somewhat deeper lyrical meaning hidden behind a cute dancey beat.

The lyrics are reflecting on a heartbreak from a breakup. I truly can't think of a single artist who does this better than Miss Miley herself.

Someone Else kind of hits on it all, it has the element of wanting them to stay, it has the sadness of losing someone you love, and then the anger that follows. She does this all while also being a major bop with a dancey type beat.

785 days 7 hours ago
Maxi1234
Chapter 2 – Hurricane

This song is EDM driven, with nuances of powerful vocals provided by the main singer of the song. Although I do listen to a lot that specific genre, not many songs provide strong vocals to match with the instrumental of it.

The song I chose, not only shows range and power in the vocals, but a clear message about love and getting through a moment’s notice, that is reflected within the chosen theme for this week!

785 days 7 hours ago
nateclove
Although this song funnily enough shares a name with the theme song, I actually find them to be quite similar in the overarching meaning of the song. Both songs are about losing someone whether it's a breakup or by pushing them away and each song describes the person's mind being like a hurricane when thinking about that person

785 days 6 hours ago
humanwebjet1
Felt like the perfect time to showcase one of my favourite artists ever! This song talks about missing a loved one and wanting them to come back into their lives, as we all probably have😭.
You just don’t know why but there’s something about them that makes the chase so alluring. I also believe this remix is genius so why not!

https://youtu.be/rev0InByVus
785 days 6 hours ago
CocoVanderbilt
EDIT: I've been asked to extend the deadline, so I'll extend it to 48 hours again.
784 days 22 hours ago
useamint

- Fefe is pleading to her lover that without her significant other she is unable to breathe pleading to her lover to come back, which I felt like was the main theme in hurricane where the protagonist is calling out her significant others name in the height of the hurricane.
784 days 21 hours ago
tbrown_47
Hurricane is about thoughts of an old lover staying with you. In this song, Hayley sings about being afraid of losing what’s left of her ex-husband. Stream Flowers for Vases xx

784 days 18 hours ago
brightongal
https://youtube.com/watch=V?t-njAuS7eTQ

I love Bridget medler and this song has the same name. It’s also about love, just a different aspect.
784 days 14 hours ago
systrix
784 days 14 hours ago
systrix
Hurricane winds send the sea waters cresting to new heights, but that's okay because you're dauntless like the gal in this reggae-infused rock hit from 1980. She covets a man who is inundated with other romantic options. However, instead of giving up she doubles down in perseverance. Leave it to her to be the last girl standing. "The Tide Is High" was one of Blondie's four #1 hits.
784 days 7 hours ago
VanitySmurf
I wanted to focus on the end of the storm/ end of hurricane for this selection. Typically involves lots of rain until it subsides and the water recedes. There is a lot of psychological trauma that comes with hurricane and typically people feel grief, depression, anxiety, social withdrawal, paranoia etc. This song is used to help as a coping mechanism when one is feeling lonely and in need of comfort, self-relaxation, reliance on others, or mediation, to help with the recovery process of reclaiming one’s life.

784 days 6 hours ago
tharealmike
I might get read for this, but I went the weather route and chose the song "thunder" by Jessie J. I've always really enjoyed this song and I hope you guys do as well!

784 days ago
turkeylover
forgets to submit sm

but anyways i wanted to go the emotional route and like omg there’s so much going on in my head and mind ):

open group

Coco's Music Contest

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!