This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Chapter 1- Results

Topic » Chapter 1- Results

786 days 1 hour ago
CocoVanderbilt
Welcome the first results show of the season!

Before I reveal the results I have an announcement to make.

Volleyball11 turned out to be a multi account and she was banned from the site. Since she can't compete any longer, I've decided that she will be REMOVED from the game and NO ONE else will be eliminated this round. So whoever placed last this round will remain in the game.

Good Bye Miss Volleyball11.

=

Callia also asked me to post this for you:
I will start of by saying, I honestly got really tired of hearing something along the lines of "change the world" in the lyrics IN NEARLY EVERY SONG (to the point where it became cringy) that it was very refreshing to hear songs without it while still adhering to the theme. So THANK YOU to those who were creative enough to find ways to interpret a theme without being literal 🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰
786 days 1 hour ago
Maxi1234
Hey!
786 days 1 hour ago
PennyTrationStan
hopes my song changed the judges' world
786 days 1 hour ago
CocoVanderbilt
Coming in 12th place is ....

The banned player: Volleyball11

Akshar - I have to give you creds for going for a song that was trap haha. I could definitely listen to this song on repeat because it's SOOO GOOD?!?! I feel like if I am ever wanting to just vibe to music and chill, I will listen to this song on repeat. Man, I thoroughly enjoyed this and I was pleasantly surprised after being a little worried when I saw it's a trap song. But great job!! (8/15)

Braden - Hmm. Okay. Remixes usually don’t sit well with me unless it sounds like no other remix before. This was overall, like, fine? I just don’t find it all that interesting. (13/15)

Callia - I really like how you were able to successfully interpret the theme in both the meaning and the overall feel/style as this was something I was looking forward to seeing at least one person doing. It's clear that both of these are trap songs with many instrumentals and it's great that you were able to find something similar while also being a song about "wanting change" (10/15)

Coco - I liked this pick. The singer has a good voice and it's quite catchy. I didn't feel like it was very outstanding though, so it falls in the middle for me. (7/15)

Your average score was: 9.5!

Thank you for playing! Good bye!
786 days 1 hour ago
CocoVanderbilt
Coming in 11th place is ....

tharealmike!

Akshar - *cries throughout the song* Not gonna lie, I'm not the biggest Christina Aguilera fan because she normally oversings. That said, man did this song get me emotional. This was such a beautiful song and I can't believe it isn't more popular?!?! WTF! This song is so good and the message needs to be heard. Amazing take on this weeks song! (1/15)

Braden - I like the sentiment of this song, I like the idea of the message, but wow do these lyrics feel elementary. Where’s the metaphors? The anecdotes? Craft a story for me! This is, instead, giving the lyrics I wrote for a “world changing” song in the 7th grade. That said, she sounds great but it was a tad hard for me to take this seriously. (15/15)

Callia - Based on the title and lyrics, it's clear that this song goes with the theme. It's not a bad song but personally for me, I wouldn't say this is necessarily my style of music and probably not something I would choose to listen to again (11/15)

Coco - This song has a great meaning and I really like that, however I wish she let her voice out more. It felt a little too slow for my own taste, because I missed that "breakthrough". (10/15)

Your average score was: 9.25!
786 days ago
CocoVanderbilt
Coming in 9/10th place are ....

brightongal & useamint!

Jess:

Akshar - LMFAOOO the beginning! I am vegetarian so all I eat is salad. LOL JK! But, I absolutely loved this! It was so UNEXPECTED and literally it's so catchy and GOOD?!??! I think I love that you were creative with this and went with a song that completely stands out from the rest and will be remembered. (10/15)

Braden - YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS INSTEAD OF MEAT I EAT VEGGIES AND PUSSY!!!!!!! Saw this on tik tok like the moment it was released and have been obsessed ever since. God this song has no reason to go THIS GODDAMN HARD!!!! Bop bop bop bop bop bop BEING GREEN IS HOT (1/15)

Callia - Undoubtedly the most interesting choice out of all. It's definitely true that people tend to underestimate the environmental impact the consumption of meat has on the planet. Being vegetarian myself, I can definitely confirm the lyrics that "being green is hot" and "being green is cool." I'm just lowkey wondering whether this person actually cares about making a change in the world by consuming greens or if he does it more for aesthetic reasons (because I care about both lol) (13/15)

Well, this pick was very different compared to the other picks. It has a great meaning and it's a catchy song. This song makes me feel like I'm listening to an AD on the TV though, but that's not necessarily a bad thing! Overall, I personally don't vibe with this one that much though. Sorry:(( (12/15)

Kevin:

Akshar - YASSS @ BRIDGIT MENDLER!! BUT LMAO AT THIS SONG CHOICE. I mean it fit the theme for sure so smart and way to go for using an artist that nobody would've expected. It was a very Disney song but I'm here for it. You did a good job to get your message across so mad props. (7/15)

Braden - LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO THIS IS SO STUPID BRIDGET MENDLER ICONNNNN!!!!! Oh I loved this, I was NOT expecting camp the very first round and I’m so glad it was served, also it’s lowkey actually a bop???? LOVED!! (3/15)

Callia - Straight forward message, there is no doubt the lyrics fit perfectly with the theme. However, I have a hard time listening to this, it's not my personal taste and I find it rather annoying lmao. (15/15)

Coco - Bridgit Mendler has a great voice! Obviously it had a great meaning. I also think this song is catchy, but I didn't really enjoy listening to it that much. I feel like I was listening to a song from a kid's show. It was a decent pick though! (11/15)

Both of your average score was: 9!
786 days ago
CocoVanderbilt
Coming in 8th place is....

Jaxon!

Akshar  -  I really like her voice, it's so unique and intriguing and gets your attention straight away. This was a great song and I loved your in-depth analysis as to why you chose the song! You explained perfectly and made me enjoy the song more knowing your take on the theme. Good job!  (12/15)

Braden - First of all, make sure to take cocos message about explaining yourself enough to heart next time, okay? Secondly, I am very surprised at how much this spoke to me! It’s very very toned down and forces you to pay attention to the singer, and she just goes off now doesnt she? This isn’t my absolute fave but it’s very effective 🙂 (6/15)

Callia - Very creative way of interpreting the theme. You've definitely captured the mood and feeling of despair in your song. This is indeed a very beautiful and powerful song and one of the standouts for me out of all the submissions. (1/15)

Coco - I feel like this was a very risky pick.. high risk, but could be high reward. Unfortunately, I didn't really enjoy this pick. I get where you were coming from with the explanation and I appreciate you explaining us your thought process and why you picked this song... however i just don't vibe with this song much and I also don't really like the singer's voice... sobs, I'm sorry. (13/15)

Your average score was: 8!
786 days ago
CocoVanderbilt
Coming in 7th place is.....

systrix!

Akshar - A very literal take on the theme haha but I ain't complaining. The song really does speak for itself and it has some really good lyrics and you did good. I love me some country songs so you already aced the theme in my books with that alone haha. This was a fantastic song!! Dillon James did an amazing cover of this song on American Idol 2020 btw, gotta give the man some promo! (11/15)

Braden - Mmm good soup. God this is just really good music. Such a good groove, everyone is just there to play good music and that’s what I love about music from the past tbh. The message is clear too, I really love this take on the theme 🙂 (4/15)

Callia -  -10 points for taking 3 tries to submit a song that actually follows the rules.
All I have to say to you is
https://i.imgur.com/60HqGIu.gif
Jokes aside, no doubt this song fits the theme as it is clear in the title. As for the song itself, I've gone back and forth about whether or not I actually like it. While it is a beautiful song indeed, I feel like I like I only like certain parts of it, and others not so much LOL. But I guess that's just my taste. (7/15)

Coco - This singer has a great voice, however I felt like it was too slow. I wish it was faster-paced song, because I think that would have been better. It's a decent pick though!! (9/15)

Your average score was: 7.75!
786 days ago
CocoVanderbilt
Coming in 6th place is...

VanitySmurf!

Akshar - *crying throughout* Not you submitting a Daughtry song, gosh I love him!!! BUT MY GOD I HATE THIS THEME SO MUCH NOW BECAUSE I'M AN EMOTIONAL MESS LMAO!!! But, this was such a great submission and man the lyrics together with the video? Everything was just perfect and I am so touched by this song. Wonderful job! (4/15)

Braden - This is soooooo 2000s LMAO it’s definitely good especially for its genre of 2000s depressed rock that I generally hate, but this is good! It’s not my favorite just because this genre doesn’t speak to me, but it’s good enough! A little simple and by the numbers imo but his great voice carries. (12/15)

Callia - I agree with you that this song definitely sounds more like it is about a failed relationship, but since the music video has a theme surrounding issues like poverty, it could imply that this song may have something to do with it (?) even if it is not explicity written in the lyrics. This video provides a great message, although I will say that I'm supposed to be judging on the video since this is a music contest and not a video contest. However, the song itself is definitely a classic, very nostalgic and takes me back to the 00's. (6/15)

Coco - I admire the meaning of the song and I'm glad you wrote an explanation, because ending poverty would definitely be world changing. I kinda feel lukewarm to the song itself, I didn't particularly enjoy the singer's voice but it was definitely not a bad pick! (8/15)

Your average score was: 7.5!
786 days ago
CocoVanderbilt
Coming in 5th place is.....

Lex13579!

Akshar - *claps and smiles* LOL not both you and Christina Aguilera having a song titled "Change". Haha. Well, as I've said, I love me some country and this was a great song. The lyrics you put attention to was perfect. And, it's true that the smallest thing really can make all the difference and don't to people that say otherwise. You can change the world. (5/15)

Braden - I think what I love about Carrie’s early discography (cuz fuck her stuff past 2010) is how well a different story is crafted with each song and this song was no different! It’s a simple song but the lyrics grabbed me and I was a tad enthralled 🙂 (8/15)

Callia - Strong and clear message that is relevant to the theme song. This song reminds us that the little things we do can really make a great difference in someone's life. Overall, not a bad song but also wouldn't say it's my favorite. (9/15)

Coco - This was a really sweet song. I loved listening to it! This is definitely the kind of song that I love, so this was a HIT. Great job! (5/15)

Your average score was: 6.75!
786 days ago
CocoVanderbilt
Coming in 4th place is......

Voila!

Akshar - Ooooh that INTRO?!?! I was already hooked!! I love your take with this song and not being able to go back to the world we pushed ourselves too far from. That was genius!! The lyrics, man, they're really something that gets you thinking and I love that. A very well written song that I truly enjoyed. (13/15)

Braden - I’m in shock rn I had such low expectations seeing this song tbh and omg this is stunninggggggggggg. The production is so gorgeous. Feels sentimental enough to match the lyrics of the song for this round but has its own take, it’s epic but in its own way, I really really enjoy this wowwwww (2/15)

Callia - I definitely see in the lyrics where it talks about climate change and political issues which are relevant when it comes to the theme. With that being said, I feel like this song falls in the middle range for me, not my favorites here but also not my least favorite. (8/15)

Coco - The moment it started I knew it was gonna be good just from hearing the beat. I LOVE the singer's voice and the entire song. I loved the meaning of the song as well. Awesome pick!! (3/15)

Your average score was: 6.5!
786 days ago
CocoVanderbilt
Coming in 3rd place is.....

Maxi1234!

Akshar - Wow! Okay, firstly I loved your explanation as to why you chose this song. It was clever and mad props to you. This song was a nice song and it did sound majestic and kinda whimsical, like I was getting Alice in Wonderland vibes for some reason LOL. But yeah, overall a solid submission! (9/15)

Braden - This feels very epic like the theme song posted, it’s got a great beat and is overall very gorgeous sounding, this sound can get old fast but this song is definitely a very solid interpretation of the “epic pop” songs, I enjoyed this!!! (9/15)

Callia - Really beautiful song, (now I understand why it's one of Coco's all time favorites lmao). I like how you interpreted the theme and I definitely hear that "power" in the vocals and that "majestic" feeling that both songs have. In terms of "the idea of wanting to give yourself up for someone you love" I agree that this can be interpreted as willingness to change anyone's world including your own, even if it is about changing issues in society (like what the theme song suggests). (4/15)

Coco - Miss Maxi, this song is one of my all time faves. I had this song on my profile, I blogged about it, I talked about. It's absolutely beautiful. I love Ruelle and her vocals are awesome in this song as well. I love the explanation and the outside-of-the-box thinking as well. I'd say I'm gonna add this song to my playlist, but it has already been on it. (1/15)

Your average score was: 5.75!
786 days ago
CocoVanderbilt
Coming in 2nd place is.....

nateclove!

Akshar - *looks confused at first and then gets emotional* Marina has a very interesting voice? I don't know in this particular song it was kinda robotic? I don't know exactly it was weird BUT, aside from that, MY GOODNESS did this video get me in the feels. The message behind the song is so empowering, and we really are united by our love & pain. I have to say I might have to get into more MARINA songs because this was a masterpiece. Such a well written song, fantastic! (2/15)

Braden - Gosh, I remember when every middle school girl was starting to go crazy over MARINA and, thus, started their edgy quirky era LMAO. I like this a lot, I think in songs like these that are trying to share a message it’s important for each artist to show their own individual and unique perspective or else it doesn’t make an impact and, in this, MARINA really shows her own perspective well 🙂 (10/15)

Callia - A beautiful song with detailed lyrics addressing many social issues in the world and wanting to change them which is a similar message to the theme song. (3/15)

Coco -  I absolutely love this pick. I've always been the judge for whom the meaning and the lyrics of a song is really important.  Not only was just the meaning awesome, but Marina is an amazing singer and the song, as a whole, is awesome. Great job! (2/15)

Your average score was: 4.25!
786 days ago
nateclove
Omggg periodtttt thanks judgezz
786 days ago
CocoVanderbilt
Coming in 1st place is....

tbrown47!

Akshar - *claps and vibes to the song* Such a beautiful song. This is the kind of music I LOVE! Her voice is heavenly and the lyrics?!?! AMAZING!! I actually kinda like that you didn't go for a music video as this paid more attention to the lyrics and I ABSOLUTELY LOVED IT!!! The chorus SLAPS SO HARD!\ (3/15)

Braden - God I fucking love Arlo Parks. Her voice is just so absolutely gorgeous. And her songwriting is so superb, I don’t come back to this song as much as I should, but this relisten convinced me I should listen to this album again LMAO. (5/15)

Callia - I really love the sort of r&b/jazz feel in this song. I definitely agree with you that hope is important when wanting to make any sort of change. Overall, the smooth and chill beat is relaxing to listen to and I don't have anything negative to say about this at all (2/15)

Coco - What a beautiful song?! Everything about this song is just.. so good! Awesome singer, amazing instruments and beautiful meaning. I LOVED listening to this song and it's definitely going to be on my playlist from now on! (4/15)

Your average score was: 3.5!

Congrats on winning this round!:)
786 days ago
CocoVanderbilt
The bottom 3 this week are Rocky, Nevra and Penny. However, this week all 3 of you are SAFE. We will still reveal the results though.

open group

Coco's Music Contest

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!