This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 LEG 3 / LIVERPOOL 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

Topic » 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿..

578 days 9 hours ago
QueenMichelle
https://i.imgur.com/8eE9xtz.gif

Congratulations to the 16 of you for surviving the first elimination. Ryan & Selisic will be dearly missed, but it just wasn’t their time. Despite that, it’s time that we move on to our next destination!

Firstly, as previously revealed in the Discord, both FromAWindow and eveee20 decided to STICK. This means they will remain a duo, and no other duos will be infiltrated.

So.. we survived one of the most dangerous safaris in the world! Let’s go somewhere safer.. (debatably)!

For this leg, we are traveling to LIVERPOOL! Now you may ask, what is so special about Liverpool? I’m still looking for the answer myself! But there is an interesting piece of history here. The childhood house of John Lennon from The Beatles resides here in Liverpool!

You may ask, what’s the relevance and why are we visiting his childhood home? That’s because this week we are celebrating covers! Incase you didn’t know, the song ‘Yesterday’ by The Beatles is the most covered song of all time. i figured this would be the perfect place for a covers theme!

That’s right.. the theme of this leg is 𝗖𝗢𝗩𝗘𝗥𝗦! However it’s not as simple as it sounds.

As a duo, you will send two songs. The first song will be any song you choose. The second song will be a COVER of the first song. That’s right, you’ll be sending an original song, and then sending a cover of that song. This is an opportunity to showcase how the same song can be arranged in completely different ways!

I want to be blown away by the contrast of the original and the cover this week, so please impress me!

You have two days to complete the leg.

HAPPY RACING!
576 days 15 hours ago
eveee20
Original:

Cover:
576 days 14 hours ago
nateclove
Original:

Cover:
576 days 13 hours ago
dragotistic
original:

cover:
576 days 12 hours ago
PennyTrationStan
original:

cover:
576 days 10 hours ago
ilovetosing
Singer: Mayday (Original)/ Eve Ai (Cover)
Song Title: Gone Like The Wind

Song background: The song depicts a dying person, right when his soul is leaving his body and he is looking back at his past, reminiscing his best memories and his biggest regrets while feeling sad that he is leaving the world.

Original:

Cover:

Lyrics (Translation):
我坐在床前 望着窗外 回忆满天 (I'm sitting by the bed, looking out the window, memories are filling up the sky)
生命是华丽错觉 时间是贼 偷走一切 (Life is a grand illusion, and time is a thief, stealing everything away)
七岁的那一年 抓住那只蝉 以为能抓住夏天 (When I was seven, I caught a beetle, and thought that that was the whole summer)
十七岁的那年 吻过他的脸 就以为和他能永远 (When I was seventeen, I kissed his face, and thought that that meant forever for us)

有没有那么一种永远 永远不改变 (Is there an eternity that would never change)
拥抱过的美丽都 再也不破碎 (The beauty that we used to hold, will never break apart)
让险峻岁月不能在脸上撒野 让生离和死别都遥遠 (So that the sneaky times will never behave atrociously on our face, so that death and farewells will stay far away)
有谁能听见 (Can anyone hear me)

我坐在床前 转过头看 谁在沉睡 (I'm sitting by my bed, when I turn around, I saw someone sleeping soundly)
那一张苍老的脸 好像是我 紧闭双眼 (That old face, looks like mine, his eyes are closed)
曾经是爱我的 和我深爱的 都围绕在我身边 (Those who love me, and those whom I love, are all standing around me)
带不走的那些 遗憾和眷恋 就化成最后一滴泪 (The regrets and the memories that I couldn't take away, let them turn into my last drop of tear)

有没有那么一滴眼泪 能洗掉后悔 (Is there a single drop of tear, that could wash away the regrets)
化成大雨降落在 回不去的街 (Let it turn into a downpour and fall upon the street that we could never go back to)
再给我一次机会 将故事改写 (Give me another chance to rewrite the story)
还欠了他一生的 一句抱歉 (Yet I still owe him an apology)

有没有那么一个世界 永远不天黑 (Is there such a world that would never go dark)
星星太阳万物都 听我的指挥 (Where the stars, the sun and everything will listen to my command)
月亮不忙着圆缺 春天不走远 (Moon will never be crescent, the spring will never go away)
树梢紧紧拥抱着树叶 有谁能听见 (The branch is holding on the the leaves tightly, can anyone hear it)

耳际 眼前 此生重演 是我来自漆黑 而又回归漆黑 (My ears, my eyes, my whole past life is playing in front of me, I come from the dark, and I shall return to the dark)
人间 瞬间 天地之间 下次我 又是谁 (The world, suddenly, the afterlife, who will I become, the next time)
有没有那么一朵玫瑰 永远不凋谢 (Is there such a rose, that will never wilt)
永远骄傲和完美 永远不妥协 (Always stay proud and perfect, never tolerate)
为何人生最后会像一张纸屑 还不如一片花瓣曾经鲜艳 (Why does life is like paper shreds in the end, even less interesting than a single petal)

有没有那么一张书签 停止那一天 (Is there such a bookmark, that will put a stop to that day)
最单纯的笑脸和 最美那一年 (The most beautiful year with the most innocent smile)
书包里面装满了蛋糕和汽水 (The bag is filled with cakes and soft drinks)
双眼只有无猜和无邪 让我们无法无天 (Eyes are filled with innocence, let us do whatever we want)

有没有那么一首诗篇 找不到句点 (Is there such a poem, that has no full stop)
青春永远定居在 我们的岁月 (Youth will always stay in our lives)
男孩和女孩都有吉他和舞鞋 (Boys and girls have their own guitars and dancing shoes)
笑忘人间的苦痛 只有甜美 (Forget the suffering in the world, only remember the good things)

有没有那么一个明天 重头活一遍 (Is there such a future that I could live again)
让我再次感受曾 挥霍的昨天 (Let me relive the yesterday that I've wasted)
无论生存或生活 我都不浪费 不让故事这么的后悔 (No matter if it's just to survive or live the life, I am going to treasure it, will not put my story to waste)

有谁能听见 我不要告别 (Can someone hear me, I don't want to say goodbye)
我坐在床前 看着指尖 已经如烟 (I'm sitting by my bed, looking at my fingertips, I'm gone like the wind)
575 days 17 hours ago
Patrick319
ORIGINAL
575 days 17 hours ago
tbrown_47
COVER
575 days 14 hours ago
ricktworick1
ORIGINAL: Sand Pebbles - What Should I Do?

A blast from the past in terms of contemporary korean pop music. This psychadelic pop song may sound a bit too rustic for its own good, but there is something quite charming and catchy about the melodies even despite the fact that the production values are far from perfect.

COVER: T-ara - Do You Know Me?

And now, for the DOUBLE COVER! Wait, what do you mean a double cover? T-ara made two remakes of the original song and combined into one.

The first part of 'Do You Know Me' is a heartfelt ballad showcasing both the vocals of the group members, as well as their ability to restrain themselves from going too overboard with their singing in contrast to the melancholy instrumental that brings us to this somber mood.

T-ara manages to make a dramatic-sounding ballad out of this psychadelic pop song, however after the 3-minute mark, they bring a complete 180 to their initial cover version by bringing the electronic beats in place. The psychadelic elements of the production are now more mixed into the background and form as a memorable part of this fun experience.  Their versatility is very well-represented just from this particular release, being able to produce two equally stunning, yet extremely different covers of one song.

575 days 12 hours ago
turkeylover
original

cover

573 days 12 hours ago
QueenMichelle
Time for results. WE ALL KNOW HOW THIS WORKS!

The first duo receiving a plane ticket is..
573 days 12 hours ago
QueenMichelle
RICK & CATCH!!!

ORIGINAL: Sand Pebbles - What Should I Do?
~ This was definitely interesting. I wasn’t sure about it at the beginning, honestly. The audio quality wasn’t the best, and it was not pleasing to my ears when he sang louder because of that. This was a decent song despite that, I liked the production from what I could hear. I would’ve loved this to be clearer but I guess I can’t expect too much considering the era this song comes from.

COVER: T-ARA - Do You Know Me?
~ I honestly have ZERO words for what I just witnessed. Let me talk about the first part of this. I loved it honestly. I haven’t heard a T-ARA ballad and this part of their cover was really pretty. Halfway through when the switch-up came I was truly so gagged. THE WAY THE ORIGINAL PRODUCTION WAS REWORKED OUU.. YASSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. Y’all understood the assignment & then more. The contrast was so good, from the original to the ballad and then finally the upbeat serve at the end. SLAY.

GENERAL CONSENSUS: 10/10
~ Exactly what I was looking for. The original song didn’t have to be the best song in the WORLD. I just wanted an original and a cover that was done really differently to show how the same song can seem like a completely new song. This definitely served that to me. Did I LOVE the original? No, but I enjoyed the production and then the cover came and I was just so bald. AMAZING job.
573 days 12 hours ago
QueenMichelle
The second duo receiving a plane ticket is..
BRADEN & EVE!!!

FromAWindow & eveee20

ORIGINAL: ABBA - Voulez-vous
~ I’m not a huge fan of ABBA, but honestly this bopped! I never heard this one much as far as I can remember? I’m rlly enjoying it actually, the production sounds very complete and gorjuss. The more this goes on the more I’m slayed actually! Lurved it.

COVER: Erasure - Voulez-vous
~ This immediately made me scream LMFAOOO. The production at the beginning genuinely ate so hard I’m living. It was a risk not choosing a more current cover of the song, but honestly I really enjoyed this. It has the same boppy vibes but the different production bits really slays to me honestly. The production is giving video game 8-bit serve and I’m actually obsessed. I was so into this for the entire 5 minutes.

GENERAL CONSENSUS: 9.5/10
~ This was a good ass week for y’all actually.. like the contrast between the two was DEFINITELY apparent. The original is very disco which I obviously liked, but the cover served something different with the electronic production. I actually honestly.. preferred the cover which is another plus for y’all. I didn’t expect to feel so positively about these choices by looking at them, but I actually LOVED what you chose.
573 days 12 hours ago
QueenMichelle
The third duo receiving a plane ticket is..
PENNY AND VARLTO!

ORIGINAL: Radiohead - Weird Fishes
~ Immediately loving the strings at the beginning of this song ouuu… sounds like a bit of ME! I love this genre, you gworlz know me so well.. I didn’t even know Radiohead was serving this. I mean I knew they were loved by straight men but this was so good. The production was so me, I loved every second of this. This excited me so much for the cover version to see if it’ll live up to the original.

COVER: Lianne La Havas - Weird Fishes
~ Oh she’s mother as fuck. The style is not that different compared to the original, but her voice was serving something completely different than the original and I loved that. It was very ethereal and then the contrast w/ the drums. The moment when the music faded out and it was just her voice was pretty. The build up ATE.

GENERAL CONSENSUS: 9/10
~ Both picks were both so good. I personally preferred the ORIGINAL (gag) it was just so slayful to me, the production was great and I loved his voice. That doesn’t mean Lianne didn’t eat though, I actually really liked the cover version. My favourite thing about it was the progression and build up of the song. Overall these picks showed once again that you have a good grasp on what my taste entails.. so good job!
573 days 12 hours ago
QueenMichelle
The fourth duo receiving a plane ticket is..
DAN & INSANITY!!

ORIGINAL: Madonna - Like A Virgin
~ This isn’t one of the Madonna songs I’m IMMEDIATELY familiar with, but I’m bopping straight away with the production. I wouldn’t say it’s my favourite from her but I enjoyed what it was giving for the most part! I’m excited to see how the cover does this differently.

COVER: 2NE1 - Like A Virgin
~ LMFAOOOOOOOO YESSSSSSS. The second I saw the thumbnail I knew this was gonna be a collapse. I really am so slayed by this version. The production was so funny to me at points like the random instrumental noises coming in yesss. Honestly.. the superior version.

GENERAL CONSENSUS: 8.5/10
~ This was a really funny contrast to me. Madonna’s was more classic but 2NE1’s was just so slayful to me idk.. I preferred the cover a lot for sure, in terms of my taste. But neither song was bad or anything obviously, I just preferred the BEST version duh. A solid send this week!
573 days 12 hours ago
QueenMichelle
The fifth duo receiving a plane ticket is..
TURKEY & IMOGEN!!

ORIGINAL: Prince - I Would Die 4 U
~ The production straight away slayed me. I really like this, I’ve only ever heard covers of it, and now hearing the original is so interesting because it’s a whole different song. Yeah I’m loving the production on this a lot. I can’t believe it’s the first time I’m hearing it.. The longer this goes on it just cements itself as such a slay. KING!

COVER: Holly Humberstone - I Would Die 4 U
~ I immediately loved the contrast of Prince's vocals to hers.. like I am a sucker for Holly sometimes and I loved how this sounded. A more chill version and I really liked it. There’s a cover of this song by Art School Girlfriend (MOM) which I prefer to this but still, good.

GENERAL CONSENSUS: 8/10
~ This was good! Prince’s version is definitely superior when I think about it, I enjoyed the contrast between the two + Holly’s take on it, but yeah original outsold. I can’t stop thinking about the cover I mentioned that I prefer more than Holly’s. Honestly.. that could’ve been a contender. I do really like Holly’s version, but I’m obsessed w/ the other cover of this I mentioned. A good showing this week, middle of the pack

open group

Michelle's Amazing Music Taste Race [2]

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!