This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 LEG 3 / LIVERPOOL 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

Topic » 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿..

572 days 5 hours ago
QueenMichelle
The sixth duo receiving a plane ticket is..
ORIGINAL: The Pixies - Where Is My Mind
~ This is interesting cause I heard the Tkay cover before I ever heard the original. This was fine overall, it’s not a song that gags me or anything. All I could think about while listening was about how much I preferred Tkay LMAOO.

COVER: Tkay Maidza - Where Is My Mind?
~ Like I said, I enjoy this more than the original. I love the repeated “where is my” moments throughout the song. Obviously a modern take on the song so the differences are apparent. They’re definitely.. different. Her voice sounds stunning here and I prefer her on this track w/ this production.

GENERAL CONSENSUS: 5.5/10
~ The Tkay cover is good, and it’s different. This overall send from y’all kinda left me feeling underwhelmed, but atleast I LIKED both of the songs to say the least, it wasn’t the most amazing picks you could’ve gone with but they were decent. The Tkay cover is your saving grace this week.

This means our bottom two is PATRICK / TBROWN and CHRISTIAN / SING.
572 days 4 hours ago
QueenMichelle
BOTTOM TWO COMMENTS:

ilovetosing & Christian_

ORIGINAL: Mayday - Gone Like The Wind
~ This was pretty. The instruments were really nice and it was overall an enjoyable listen. This song is one of the songs I’m intrigued to see a cover of, because the original was a pretty typical ilovetosing moment, so I’m wondering if the cover will serve something completely different. As it went on I became more invested in the song. 

COVER: Eve Ai - Gone Like The Wind
~ Again, this was pretty. Honestly though this cover was almost completely like the original, just with a female vocalist. Like this was gorgeous to me, but I really wanted to see how the same song can be done differently. I loved her voice though.

GENERAL CONSENSUS: 5/10
~ I enjoyed both of the songs but neither of them completely blew me away. This may have been passable if there was a big contrast between the songs, like the first one being a ballad and the cover being an upbeat version would’ve been so funny and iconic to me. It probably doesn’t exist for that song but I still would’ve liked to see a dynamic similar to that. Good picks but not what I was looking for ultimately.

PATRICK & TBROWN

ORIGINAL: En Vogue - Don’t Let Go
~ MOMSSSS. I always think of the Little Mix cover when I listen to this. This is a classic and a song I like, yes. I enjoyed it more than I initially thought I would actually.. like they ate. I’m so excited to see this song done differently (if you guys succeeded in portraying that). This result definitely hinges on the cover atp.

COVER: Other People’s Heartache, Bastille - Don’t Let Go
~ This is probably one of the covers that’s the MOST contrasting to the original. Like completely different both stylistically & vocally. You definitely succeeded in that respect. To be honest with you I wasn’t a big fan of this cover, for the most part. I loved the “rap” part that came in halfway through. I hate to say this but the rest of the cover was.. kinda ass. I was not a fan at all.

GENERAL CONSENSUS: 4/10
~ This was an interesting send overall because you had a huge contrast between the two songs which I commend, but the cover didn’t live up to the original at all. It honestly sounded a bit shite when I think about it. I liked the original but it just kinda ruined it. This is a taste contest overall so I have prioritize that.
571 days 5 hours ago
tbrown_47
Original

Cover
571 days 3 hours ago
ilovetosing
Original:

Cover:

open group

Michelle's Amazing Music Taste Race [2]

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!