This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

● EPISODE 5 - 𝐘𝐔𝐍𝐍𝐀𝐍, 𝐂𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐀 ●

Topic » ● EPISODE 5 -..

899 days 18 hours ago
QueenMichelle
It’s time to find out which 9 racers will receive their tickets to the next destination, and which 2 racers will lipsync for the 10th and final plane ticket.

One by one, I will reveal which racer is receiving the 1st ticket, the 2nd ticket, and so on. This will repeat until we have our bottom two. When your song appears, there will also be commentary from yours truly. Plus, there will be a ranking that shows how you did both theme-wise + opinion-wise. (first number is THEME, second is OPINION)

Let’s find out where everybody placed!
899 days 18 hours ago
QueenMichelle
The racer receiving the FIRST ticket, and moving on with the race is...
899 days 17 hours ago
QueenMichelle
MISSIMOGEN!

SONG: Perfume Genius - ‘Slip Away’

COMMENTARY: IMMEDIATELY drawn to this. THE CHORUS.. This really does feel like a moment. His voice is pretty and I’m obsessed with the production. I love this take on the yang theme, it’s in your face and clearly shows positivity and happiness through the song + video. You’re doing so well in this competition bestie <3

SCORE: 20 (10 + 10)
899 days 17 hours ago
ianfitz0012
https://cdn.dribbble.com/users/363039/screenshots/1367494/milk7.gif
899 days 17 hours ago
QueenMichelle
The racer receiving the SECOND ticket, and moving on with the race is...
GANGHANDEDCAT!

SONG: Jany Green - ‘Lost In Love’

COMMENTARY: YUPPP. I was hoping for a song like this for the yang theme, people were afraid of the YANG theme but y’all should know by now this sound slays to me. It was short and sweet, and clearly fit the theme well. You’re definitely a threat mama.

899 days 17 hours ago
QueenMichelle
The racer receiving the THIRD ticket, and moving on with the race is...
IANFITZ0012!

SONG: ASA - ‘MURDER IN THE USA’

COMMENTARY: This was a moment actually.. like the lyrics, the atmosphere, the production was all so stunning to me. It fit the theme really well too like this was an all-around great choice and I was living.

SCORE: 19.5 (10 + 9.5)
899 days 17 hours ago
ianfitz0012
https://i.gifer.com/6DNa.gif
899 days 17 hours ago
QueenMichelle
The racer receiving the FOURTH ticket, and moving on with the race is...
ALEXEH23!

SONG: Ginger Root - ‘Loretta’

COMMENTARY: I liked how you didn’t just immediately go for YIN which was definitely the more desirable choice for group full of fa-*CAR CRASH NOISES*.. Anyways I really enjoyed this. The vocals were a bit weird but that’s part of this songs vision methinks. I really got yang from this too like I was moving. This was a risk but I loved it.

SCORE: 19 (9 + 10)
899 days 17 hours ago
QueenMichelle
The racer receiving the FIFTH ticket, and moving on with the race is...
ILOVETOSING!

YIN - Aimer - ‘Words’

COMMENTARY: Oh this was GORGEOUS. Such a stunning interpretation of the theme like I’m obsessed. She’s got a beautiful voice and I was entranced by this, it was a journey. Loved everything about it.

YANG - Crowd Lu - ‘C’Mon’

COMMENTARY: Admittedly not as good as your YIN choice, but I still liked this. It does fit the theme well though, I got YANG vibes from it overall and just sonically it sounds like a positive song.

SCORE: 16 (8 + 8)

AVERAGE SCORE: 18
899 days 17 hours ago
QueenMichelle
The racer receiving the SIXTH ticket, and moving on with the race is...
PENNYTRATIONSTAN!

SONG: Lauryn Hill - ‘Ex-Factor’

COMMENTARY: I was FEELING this, I don’t think I’ve heard it before but I really enjoyed it! I think this hit the femininity and negativity prompts well, it could’ve been darker but this was a good choice, the last minute was lifechanging actually.

SCORE: 17 (7.5 + 9.5)
899 days 17 hours ago
QueenMichelle
The racer receiving the SEVENTH ticket, and moving on with the race is...
DRAGOTISTIC!

SONG: Eartheater - ‘SCRIPTURE’

COMMENTARY: I LOVE THIS SONG. The thing is, I feel like if you sent ‘Faith Consumes Hope’ that would’ve been like an immediate win because I’m obsessed with that song and it suits the theme brilliantly. This doesn’t fit the theme as much as that song would’ve but I still see the vision somewhat. I still adore this song regardless.

SCORE: 16 (6 + 10)
899 days 17 hours ago
dragotistic
I knew I should've sent Faith Consuming Hope
899 days 17 hours ago
QueenMichelle
The racer receiving the EIGHTH ticket, and moving on with the race is...
PATRICK319!

SONG: Romane - ‘Talking To A Wall’

COMMENTARY: I’m so drawn to her voice like, it kinda reminds me of Rebecca Fergusons voice. This was really gorgeous, mostly thanks to her tone. A great choice for this theme, the only thing I wasn’t crazy about was that aspect of production where it sounds like a hit. It didn’t turn me off much because I find this really good overall, but if that wasn’t there I definitely would like it way more.

SCORE: 16 (9 + 7)
899 days 17 hours ago
QueenMichelle
The racer receiving the NINTH ticket, and moving on with the race is...
899 days 17 hours ago
QueenMichelle
TURKEYLOVER!

SONG: NCT 127 - ‘Highway To Heaven’

COMMENTARY: This fit the theme well, like there wasn’t much doubt about this fitting the theme when you listen to the song and watch the video. It’s a generic song but I found myself bopping to it regardless. Not lifechanging by any means, but good! I enjoyed.

SCORE: 16 (9 + 7)

-----

This means that our bottom two is STEVEN and PETE, and will be lipsyncing for the final plane ticket. You know the drill - the lipsync for the plane ticket requires you to have another attempt at the theme in hopes of redeeming yourself and making it to the next round.

-----

BOTTOM 2 CRITIQUES:

Catch_a_falling_star - Georgi Kay - ‘Ipswich’

COMMENTARY: This was nice, but it’s not really my style. It fit the theme on surface-level though I think it could’ve added more production elements to really sell it. A decent choice but once again it wasn’t really for me.

SCORE: 10 (7 + 3)

-

Insanity - Passion Pit - ‘Where The Sky Hangs’

COMMENTARY: This was cute, I wasn’t a big fan of his voice in some parts, unfortunately. Definitely feeling positive vibes lyrically and through the song in general but I didn’t really enjoy the song as a whole when I think about it.

SCORE: 10 (8 + 2)

-----

You have 24 hours to send your songs. Good luck!

open group

Michelle's Amazing Music Taste Race [2]

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!