This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

|Mrkk's Survivor - Egypt (Season 2) - FINAL TRIBAL COUNCIL

Topic » |Mrkk's Survivor - Egypt..

1087 days 4 hours ago
brosky17
Congrats to you both! Regardless of what the jury feels, says or believes, you’re the two sitting there and it is well deserved. Now, that doesn’t mean I’m going to pass up an opportunity to heavily grill you while critiquing your gameplay. I’ve curated two questions tailored for each of you based on a few comments I’d like to make as well as two questions I’d like both of you to answer. I can see how answers may overlap, so answer in whatever format you’d like.

Tyler,

You played from the bottom almost the entire game. You were the only one from the OT to reach out to me prior to swaps and merge. Yet, when I approached you to work together you refused to disclose any information, got frustrated when I didn’t respond to your questions, and played the “poor me” card nearly every round. I felt you never gave me a fair chance in this game and wrote me off – why should I not do the same and give Rose my vote?

You whined, bitched and moaned at almost every point of the game (several people have commented on this) – especially regarding rules. If you don’t respect the game, why should any of us on the jury respect your game?

You claim to have taken more time connecting with the jury than anyone in the game, but all of your examples are pretty surface level items (all of which I also knew). Who was your closest ally and how much do you credit them for helping you make the end?

Why was me elimination essential to your success?

Rose,

You claimed I was “shady” and that’s why you and Abel flipped, yet both of you (and everyone else in this game) lied just as much if not more than I did. You also knew a bit more about my game than anyone else did. So, why turn on me at final 8 and let 6 other shady people continue on with you?

You and I had a more serious talk within a day of you voting me out including a conversation about the death of your grandparents. One would argue that you were shady and emotionally manipulative in a sense (think, Jonny Fairplay). You seemed to play a pretty straight up game, so why the need to take a villainous approach to remove me from the game?

You made it to the end with no votes cast against you even though you betrayed several people. Clearly you made some form of bond with everyone you encountered. Clearly you found some people more disposable than others as you had no issue removing 3 very close allies for 7th, 5th and 3rd and taking someone who has a great underdog story to the end. Who was your closest ally and how much do you credit them for helping you make the end?

1087 days 4 hours ago
Tbart
I'd like to make a point off of Rose's that I have been to 12 tribals, 4 more than rose and have only received 4 valid votes. This includes merge when I apparently was up against a 4-6(?) person alliance
1087 days 4 hours ago
Tbart
Some great questions, thanks Brenden.

You played from the bottom almost the entire game. You were the only one from the OT to reach out to me prior to swaps and merge. Yet, when I approached you to work together you refused to disclose any information, got frustrated when I didn’t respond to your questions, and played the “poor me” card nearly every round. I felt you never gave me a fair chance in this game and wrote me off – why should I not do the same and give Rose my vote?
To be honest, me not disclosing any information to you that round was simply bc I didn't have the info I claimed to have. I mentioned it in a previous answer but there were never any screenshots or anything I had. I heard rumors that there may be a split between Buttercup and I and our interaction kinda confirmed that in a way for me. It was actually a big point in the game as I realized I had to do something quick. Because of that I got an idol from buttercup. I don't think I played a "poor me" card every round, especially not towards the end. But if I did I don't regret it because I'm here. While I'll admit your vote was a hard one because I did like you, I voted you because I knew you could be a dangerous threat in this game. That's why I think I deserve a fair chance at this win.

You whined, bitched and moaned at almost every point of the game (several people have commented on this) – especially regarding rules. If you don’t respect the game, why should any of us on the jury respect your game?
Lol ok I may have complained a few times but often times I would actually argue it's because I respect the game and the typical rules of Survivor. I was only mad at the auction because at that point I felt like my game was over had I not gotten immunity. The other times I might've questioned why a spelling mistake may have been counted but when your game is on the line I don't think it hurts to ask. This is just the over competitive side of me trying to look under every last rock because it never hurts. Sorry if it came off in a negative way.

You claim to have taken more time connecting with the jury than anyone in the game, but all of your examples are pretty surface level items (all of which I also knew). Who was your closest ally and how much do you credit them for helping you make the end?
Sure those are just examples but I used but I completely stand by my comment that I took more time to make connections with people than anyone else. Like you said, we talked before we were even on the same tribe.
My closest ally was buttercup and I'm very thankful for her help. This was someone who I blindsided in our previous Menkaure tribe but going into merge being the only members left we were able to rekindle our relationship. She gave me one of her two idols the week people split the vote between us. Had she just played one on her it'd be a tied vote between you and I and I would've left first merge vote. I tried to be as loyal as I could so the round she left I let her know and threw my vote on someone else. She probably the only person by my side I truly trust from beginning of merge to her vote.

I touched on this in another answer but I'll gladly do it again. Your elimination and what led up to it was the turning point of my game. Look, I would've loved to have stuck with you and Matt but when Buttercup gave me that idol it created this sense of loyalty. When we put your name down that first merge vote and you played the super idol that was huge for me in a good way. This was because some of your alliance members like rose became very skeptical of you and I used that to flip Rose and Abel the next vote. The most significant part about you leaving was that it broke up the fire 4 and gave me the inch of space I needed to make the connections for the rest of my game. I was able to get closer with Matt since he had just lost his number one. I believe Abel became a lot closer in which was a connection I needed after buttercup left. You were a huge player in this game and idk why it happened to be you but you leaving opened so many doors for me that got me here right now.
1087 days 3 hours ago
TheRoseHorse
I'm just seeing these. I'll answer questions tomorrow morning.
1087 days 2 hours ago
Tmag15
Rose - this was kind of touched on before but some of us in the jury see you as having hid behind the “fire 4” all game. Tell me about one move before final 3 that was solely yours and can differentiate u from the others in your alliance 

Tyler - now that you are sitting in the finale, can you reflect on how important jury management is and how do you think your jury management was this game?
1086 days 18 hours ago
paul028
I'm not gonna lie, i'm impressed with both of yous. Im a sucker for pre-merge games considering both of you had completely different pre-merge games shows alot how versatile this season was.

Rose: Since you weren't going to many tribe tribals, how did you manage to use your strategic game during the time you were safe? Did you talk to the other tribe and try to influence who to vote off, did you plant seeds in your own tribe so when you did lose there would be someone to vote off?

Tyler: You went to 5 tribals in a ROW! how did you manage to stay on top each time? Did you throw challenges to keep sending your tribe to tribal to ensure nobody from your og tribe wouldn't mess up your merge game?
1086 days 18 hours ago
Tbart
Tyler - now that you are sitting in the finale, can you reflect on how important jury management is and how do you think your jury management was this game?

I think jury management is a very difficult yet really important part of the game. Voting people out then asking them to vote you to win isn’t easy, but I’m actually pretty pleased with my jury management.
I tried to be as straight up as I could. Obviously sometimes you can’t let them know you are voting them because of idols, but there were times like the buttercup and rod’s vote that I let them know they’d be receiving a majority. I would also tried to always say good game and explain myself if I had to, like the Elian vote, Abel vote, and the first time I voted brenden. I’d like to think I didn’t make any enemies this game and left off on as decent a note I could with everyone on jury.
1086 days 17 hours ago
Tbart
Tyler: You went to 5 tribals in a ROW! how did you manage to stay on top each time? Did you throw challenges to keep sending your tribe to tribal to ensure nobody from your og tribe wouldn't mess up your merge game?

Hey Paul! Thanks for asking me a question, you and Donny were the only ones I was never on a tribe with so I’d love the opportunity to answer anything you have.
As sad as it is, we definitely never tried to throw any challenges, it just didn’t fall our way. But I actually used this time positively and think it put more pressure on me to make connections right out of the gate. I made an alliance with buttercup, allthat, and La Orda, while keeping a close side relation with Drew. Our 5 votes easily controlled the first 3 evictions. We were taking it one vote at a time but the next move I made was to benefit my game in the long run. I had a good sense that buttercup and allthat were closer to each other than myself. Personally I would’ve rather work with buttercup moving forward so I drew the first line of the game, siding with drew and ultimately la orda to split up allthat and buttercup.
After the tribe swap I thought I’d ease into merge with keeping drew and la orda in the swap but that wasn’t the case. Abel stole my vote and drew was blindsided. This turned out to be one of only 3 of the 12 tribals I went to when I didn’t vote in majority. Next was the double tribal and I knew it would be la orda or I going home next. I talked with rose a bit at the time but I don’t think she was a point in her game to make a move and save me. So I went out and won the individual immunity that round securing my spot in merge.
I would also like to add I took as much advantage to socialize pre merge as I could. I thought I made a decent connection with Brenden pre merge, as well as Rose and slightly with Abel, all of which I ended up being in some form of alliance or relationship come merge.
1086 days 17 hours ago
TheRoseHorse
You claimed I was “shady” and that’s why you and Abel flipped, yet both of you (and everyone else in this game) lied just as much if not more than I did. You also knew a bit more about my game than anyone else did. So, why turn on me at final 8 and let 6 other shady people continue on with you?

You and I had a more serious talk within a day of you voting me out including a conversation about the death of your grandparents. One would argue that you were shady and emotionally manipulative in a sense (think, Jonny Fairplay). You seemed to play a pretty straight up game, so why the need to take a villainous approach to remove me from the game?

You made it to the end with no votes cast against you even though you betrayed several people. Clearly you made some form of bond with everyone you encountered. Clearly you found some people more disposable than others as you had no issue removing 3 very close allies for 7th, 5th and 3rd and taking someone who has a great underdog story to the end. Who was your closest ally and how much do you credit them for helping you make the end?

Why was my elimination essential to your success?

-Brenden, I feel that on a personal level, I connected with you the most, and before I say anything else, that conversation that we had was real and genuine. It had absolutely nothing to do with game, and that was just a personal moment. I've actually been in a game before where someone lied about a death in the family and used that for emotional manipulation, and I absolutely don't approve of that kind of gameplay. It just happened to be weird timing when I got that chance to flip, so it was not intended to be a villainous moment, and in that regard, I do feel some remorse in voting you out, and I'm sorry, but I feel it was necessary for my success in the game. Firstly, like many in the jury have pointed out already, I was seen as a follower as I only won the last immunity competition, and I was dependant on my alliance. I wanted to make a move to help strengthen my case, but I needed someone else as well. When Tyler approached me and suggested the alliance with Abel, I saw that as my chance to make a move. I went and talked to Abel and we both had concerns about you. I know what I'm about to say may seem hypocritical, but in that moment, I didn't feel that trust in you and honestly probably overthinking the whole situation. Basically, in the beginning, you told our tribe that you got a dead idol. Saying that was fine and totally understandable. What really started to get to me, and it might be because I was emotional, was that you went that extra step to gain my trust by telling me a lie about an extra clue. I just don't see the reasoning in telling me about an extra clue that you never got. Later on in the game, you got something from the auction which I only realized when Abel mentioned it. He told me that you had an extra vote. I then asked you, and you said you had a steal a vote which you then followed up with something like which I guess I called it an extra vote which isn't really wrong. I don't remember the exact wording. Something just didn't sit right with me. I gotta be honest with you. At the beginning of the game, I saw you as my closest ally for a brief period of time because we connected. But towards the end of the game, I'd say my closest ally was Abel, and I owe a bit of my success in this game to him. We were able to talk a lot of strategy together nearing the end of the game, and I can actually be grateful that the others took him out for me because I probably wouldn't have beat him and it would have been probably harder to vote him out at the end. I had absolutely nothing to do with Abel's elimination, and I was just as blindsided as he was when he got 5th. I hope that answers all you questions, and if you need further clarification, just ask. Also, say hi to Winston for me. :) I hope we can remain friends after this.
1086 days 17 hours ago
TheRoseHorse
Tell me about one move before final 3 that was solely yours and can differentiate u from the others in your alliance
-A move before final 3, so besides voting out Matt. I honestly don't have a move that I can claim as solely mine that I can think of right off the bat because most of what I did went through someone, but I think I can claim sending Matt into the sanctuary to help The Fire Four because I did make the move of rigging the random.org for Matt. Even though Abel suggested it the our group chat, I was way ahead and that's why I even suggested that I randomize it in the first place since both Matt and Rodrigo wanted to go. Because of that, Matt was able to go into the sanctuary and get the vote steal advantage which later helped keep an ally who would later help me in the game. I hope that somewhat answers your question, and feel free to ask something else if needed.
1086 days 17 hours ago
TheRoseHorse
Since you weren't going to many tribe tribals, how did you manage to use your strategic game during the time you were safe? Did you talk to the other tribe and try to influence who to vote off, did you plant seeds in your own tribe so when you did lose there would be someone to vote off?
-My pre-merge game was spent getting to know people on my tribe. During this time I had been a Part of making RAM, The Fire Four, and The Sexy Six just before the tribe swap. All of this was so that if we did ever go to a tribal, I'd be in a group with the majority and wouldn't be in much danger. While I didn't try to influence the other tribes decision at their tribals, I used that time to gain trust with my allies and talk. It was through those discussions of strategy that we decided to try to control the Sanctuary and its advantages. I hope that helps, and feel free to ask more questions as needed.
1086 days 16 hours ago
brosky17
Impressed with both ur responses. Good work :)
1086 days 15 hours ago
brosky17
oh also, I remove most people after games just to clean up my skype LOL so don't think I hate anyone plz!

open group

Mrkk's Survivor IV: China

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!