This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Gringo do ano

Topic » Gringo do ano

1446 days 7 hours ago
raules
Romane007
rfsose1
1344 days 18 hours ago
Matte
I don't think the 3rd place usually writes this when not in the final, but I'll do it this time. Mostly because of 3 reasons:

1) I want to keep this saved because my memory sucks
2) To please Erik :)
3) Because some people think I played a dumb game and I cannot disagree more with them.

It is in chronological order.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0️⃣1️⃣
I MADE A DECISION TO JOIN THE GAME -
I joined this game because of the money 🤑. That's all to begin with. I invited a friend to join with me but he didn't have time to play it and I didn't talk with anyone about this game. I also asked my friend #joaoricos about how much time I would need to play it and he said I could manage it. So, I applied to this game in the final days to do it. It was my first group game ever and I didn't watch any season of survivor when this game started. You can just imagine how it sucked 🥺

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0️⃣2️⃣
THE GAME STARTED
I was exciting to start playing but I was also so new to this that I didn't understand several parts of what was going on. So I had to read the rules over and over to understand. In the final of the first week, I also started to watch the Survivor series and now I just watched the 4 first ones. I also could see Erik was already annoyed on me because of the 'stupid' questions I asked him. So, this game was my first view of what the Survivor game is.

0️⃣3️⃣
FIRST MEETINGS
When I saw the cast, I thought it would be an hard game for me mainly because of two reasons: I basically didn't know anyone and there are several experienced players in both tengaged and group games. We had the tribe division and I needed to start talking with people. In the first day I already tried to talk to everyone in my tribe, no exceptions. I have never avoid contacting others. I think I probably contacted everyone before they contacted me. That's a thing I'll say over and over here: I worked hard to be where I got in the game.
From the other 23 players, I was somewhat friends with 3 of them, although I didn't talk with any of them daily. I knew other 4 and I have never really talked to 16 of them! You may think that it's fine, but it's not! I didn't know how these 20 players would play the game and it was hard for me to think any strategy in the first days before talking to everyone.
https://media.giphy.com/media/ibkBMYnbSASvoTGVhj/giphy.gif

0️⃣4️⃣
WHY PEOPLE WOULD KEEP ME IN THIS GAME IF THEY DON'T KNOW ME?
That was my first big question to solve in this game and I think I totally succeeded in solving it. I showed myself to everyone as a new player and I made very clear to everyone that I didn't know very well the rules of survivor and that this game was my first group game ever. All this is true, but I got basically everything in the first day, still so I used this excuse. I did it because it would show to people that I wasn't a threat to ANYBODY's game and I also put myself as a good accessory to ashley's game showing him that I was confused about the game and that I had no friends in there. The second part is basically also true.

0️⃣5️⃣
THE INACTS
It was hard to win the first comps and I tried to help the tribe. In some moments I avoid being that active in leading the tribe so I just let others do that because I really didn't want to be seen in the game. I wanted everyone to forget me when they looked to the great picture of the groups. In several tribal immunities I knew some tips that could help my tribe but I didn't share them in our group tribe both because I didn't want to be seen as a leader but also because some of them could potentially help me in the future individual immunities. I pushed people to evict Fiona first because I knew she had several connections and in that point I didn't know which of them would come back to the game or not. I guess I convinced some people to change their votes from Logan to Fiona. It's not a big thing, but I think it was necessary afterall. I have never ever in this point of the game imposed someone a name, but I always tried to suggest people what WE should do with questions like: "I don't know who is playing with who. Do you think Fiona has many connections?" I just helped them think about the questions I made and I didn't really wanted the answers to myself in this point. I guess I used this strategy mostly until final 16.

0️⃣6️⃣
THE IDOLS AND THE ADVANTAGES
After two days I found all advantages and idols and I knew who had two of the advantages were and also where the idols were. I wasn't just sure if there were 3 or 4 advantages and who had the 3rd advantage. I got one advantage and biak's idol in that point of the game. I got also the merge idol later on. I just shared my idol info with James and Daniel along all the game. When people find out about James' idol I thought about what I should do with my idol because I saw the idol was protecting James a lot and people were afraid of making moves on him. Even so, I thought it was a good idea to keep the idol just for myself and my trio and that I wasn't in risk in that point. When we moved forward in the game I thought it was too late to tell people know about my idol and that would make them untrust me. So, I didn't tell it to anyone else. I shared my advantage info with David, James and Daniel in the first days and with KC later on (I did this last one by impulse).

If you still didn't find any of them, you can just check their last blogs.
jus21
cantmanipulateme
ChubbyHuggs
Plasticjo
Schwabby2222
humanwebjet1

0️⃣7️⃣
SEA
When I joined the game one person out of it told me to take care with you because you were used to play group games, so I had that in mind. In day 3 I already started talking with Alvaro about voting you out because you were the only active player that didn't talk with me. You just answered me in my basic questions. I've heard you did the same with the others but I really didn't want a person I couldn't talk with to stay in this game. So I used your friendlist to show people that you were a threat to them, mostly using Zach as the excuse. I don't think you would have gone in the game if I didn't push it because people wanted to vote out ABLaksj and some tried to do Juan. But both of them were talking with me and showing themselfes as possible allies. In day 3 I knew I couldn't get you out, but I already made it clear to Alvaro I wanted you out next round and showed him why basing my arguments on Zach R because I knew Alvaro wouldn't be fine sitting with their group in the game.

0️⃣8️⃣
CHRIS WAS ROBBED
This will be short. I just started talking with you I guess two days before the first tribe swap. I saw you as an outsider, but I was really interested to see where you stand in the game and I think you would be in the middle of the game. You were a player that I could see making it far but I'm so surprise about the fact you got rocked out. I thought you would change sides or you would know about someone else changing sides because I didn't see you that close to the group you voted with, but I may be wrong. I think you had a great potential in this game and I was curious to see what you would do and where you would stand in the game.

0️⃣9️⃣
DAVID, NO ENEMIES
This was funny because when we first joined the game I knew I would have to take the forward and talk with you in order to put us in a good shape. Our last conversation, before the game, was really bad and it was maybe one year ago or more. I didn't think I could trust you at all, but I needed to avoid being seen as a target by anyone in the game and by then I started talking with you in order to avoid you voting me in the game. It worked although we weren't in the same tribe at all. I showed myself as depending on your group to move forward. That's also why I told you about my advantage because I wanted you to trust me a little bit more and saw that I was vulnerable and there was no reason to target me in this game and that I would help you if needed.

1️⃣0️⃣
ONE BY ONE THEY GO
When I first joined the game I instantly saw two groups in the game. I don't mean they were close groups but with strong connections between their members. In one group, which had people like Arek, Brian, James and Keith, I was afraid of how I could reach them. They were the ones I was most afraid in the first days of the game. I reached all of them, no exceptions. None of them reached me, no exceptions. I didn't know how I could get some of them out, but I knew I had to rely on James on it and to show myself as an independent and weak player to this group of people. The good thing was the first swap and also the drew Purple Rock. When I saw they lost their first member, I already was happy about the outcome. I gave my best for them to lose the next comps because I wanted Brian and Arek out next. Both of them, but mostly Arek, weren't willing to work with me. They didn't care much about talking to me. So, one by one they go: Arek, Brian and even Zach R. When Zach's name came up I didn't care about voting him out, despite the fact he wasn't my priority. Out of these 3 people, Zach R. was the only one willing to talk to me.

1️⃣1️⃣
THE TRIO DEAL

1️⃣2️⃣
WHO GOES NEXT?

1️⃣3️⃣
KEITH AS MY SHIELD
Some people were pushing me all the time to vote Keith out. I tried to avoid this conversations because Keith was a shield to my game. He was in a position where I could try to work with him even not trusting him because I knew everyone else was trying to get him (at least 6 people!). He was the last person I started to talk in the game because I didn't feel I needed to make any contact with him that soon. With Keith in the game it wouldn't allow the 2 groups to regroup each other and that was the main reason to keep him as much as posible. Keith leaving the game could change drastically the dynamics of the groups with Ashley and David trying to get votes from the other side and then I could be
thrown away of the middle of the game.

1️⃣4️⃣
THE FIRST F2 PROPOSAL
Chand proposed me a final 2 with him and it was very easy to talk with him in this game, although we didn't discuss much the game because he thought I was telling him what to do. I said yes to his proposal because I could do it but also because I knew Chand would be going home soon as he didn't really have good allies and some people were already upset with him.

1️⃣5️⃣
WHERE IS SCOTT

1️⃣6️⃣
TIME TO BREAK UP SOME BONDS

1️⃣7️⃣
DANIEL AS THE WINNER

1️⃣8️⃣
ALVARO A BIG THREAT

1️⃣9️⃣
WILL YOU BE MY FINAL 2?

2️⃣0️⃣
ASHLEY IS PLAYING THE GAME

2️⃣1️⃣
CHAND, o fracasso amigo
Olha amigo, se você não tivesse me rejeitado tanto nas conversas sobre o jogo, talvez eu teria aberto mais o jogo contigo. Anyway, I think you failed in your position in your tribe. In my opinion, you put yourself too much in your side and not being able to change votes if needed. When Daniel got the immunity, I knew you were probably going home. David asked me what he could do to save himself and I told him voting you was his only option. I tried to fortify my connection with David when I knew you were already gone in this vote.

2️⃣2️⃣
MY FIRST MISTAKE
I rely too much on KC. I really wanted to play with the group I saw as the underdogs because of their few connections. The problem is KC didn't have the same intention. I genuinely wanted to bring him to finals with me in the first days of the game and he seemed interested, but when we got the first swaps I just saw I gave him too much information and trust. I didn't tell him about any of my idols or advantages, but I gave him other informations to build up our connection. In the same way, working with him, made me feel safer when I was in the same tribe as him after the 2nd swap.

2️⃣3️⃣
KC MY BIGGEST DISAPPOINTMENT

2️⃣4️⃣
VOTES I GOT WRONG - ASHLEY MIX

2️⃣5️⃣
A FAILED IMMUNITY THREAT
It was sad that I didn't win any individual immunity in the merge. But I got 2nd and 3rd in all of them. Besides that, for the immunity of final 4, I helped James to get it, otherwise I could have done it myself. I wasn't as big as a threat as James was in the immunities. Even so, I got good positions in all of them, except for the last one. I still need to improve a lot on playing jigsaw puzzles and I can say I suck on them.
https://media.giphy.com/media/l1Na05SS8GINfd3OlA/giphy.gif

2️⃣6️⃣
MY SECOND MISTAKE
I played this game as safe as posible and I think people would appreciate that. I wasn't a counter until the merge and my first votes just came in in final 6. I was always in a position where I had shields in both sides due to my connections, but one thing I didn't know is that people want you to make big moves in order to win. I didn't need to do them at all, even in the final I would have a great chance to reach it, but I didn't because James thought I was a jury threat.

2️⃣7️⃣
VOTING WITH THE MAJORITY

2️⃣8️⃣
BEING LOYAL
I hardly play any game betraying people. I usually try to stay loyal to the agreements I have with each of the players, even if they are not formal agreements. it hurts me a bit when I have to lie to people and mostly when I'm the first one to do so. When someone lies to me and I just lie back it's not a big problem. After many rounds in the game, when the jury began I knew just 2 or 3 people didn't lie to me in a strong way and I intented to take them as far as posible because if they were loyal to me by then, I could work with them thinking the game together sometimes. These 3 people were Daniel, James and Laura. Daniel and James were my trio and it was mostly easy to trust them and also be loyal to them. They were 2 of the best players in the game. Laura wasn't that active with me and she didn't try to approach me that much as I wanted her to. I tried to talk with her sometimes but I had the feeling she didn't want it that much. Probably because she was already thinking about voting me out or maybe she thought I would be gone soon. I'm not sure what was it, but even so I wasn't after her at all in the game. Some people accused me of being a sheep when I don't see what I could have done better in the game. When we merged, the lines of the final 9 were pretty much drawn on the floor and I knew James and Daniel were the only two I could trust. People wanted me to flip in final 6 when they voted me and I would clearly be in a minority after it. MAYBE I could get Laura to work with me and Daniel but at that point both James and Daniel were also immune. Also in the final 5 I wouldn't risk a tie in the vote. In the final 4, James was immune again and I couldn't think about voting Daniel because if I voted him out then he would go to play an immunity against Laura to see who would stay and he would probably have won it. So, it would be just a waste of time and Daniel wouldn't help me anymore. It would make me feel bad about betraying any of them because the 3 of us were working and thinking together most of the game. It's also funny that some people think James and Daniel had a final 2 and they excluded me. I don't ignore the fact that both of them were friends to each other before the game and they had a very strong connection. Even so, in that point any of us would like to win the game!!! And by winning the game, you should bring to final 2 with you the person you think is the weakest and you can beat in the final. In that sense I thought both James and Daniel were going to bring me to finals because they saw me as the weakest threat in the final due to my connections. Mostly Daniel that had a better perception about the lines drawn. I didn't make it clear enough to them that I didn't know people before the game and I really think this is going to be the reason people are going to vote for someone to win it. So, I thought that even if I wouldn't win the last immunity I'd be in finals with one of them. If I would have won it, I'm not entirely sure about what I was going to do.

2️⃣9️⃣
MY THIRD MISTAKE
I didn't manage very well my position in the jury. So even If I would get finals, I'm not sure if I could win. I don't know if I could do better because I basically didn't have friendships when joining the game and in the final of the road people are going to vote for their friends to win and not for the best game.
1330 days 22 hours ago
Matte
https://media.giphy.com/media/eHKcAtbhjDr44UIz3t/giphy.gif

open group

Casting #205190 Awards

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!