This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

KNOCKOUT #7 - EMMETT KUSH vs VIOLA WINSTON

Topic » KNOCKOUT #7 - EMMETT KUSH vs..

2165 days 6 hours ago
Kaseyhope101
#TeamAri

Emmett -

Vs

Viola -
2165 days 6 hours ago
Kaseyhope101
*standing ovation*
First things first : Both incredible song choices - idk if it was Ari or you guys own decision - but GREAT songs, great performances too...

Emmett, usually I’d give hate for this song choice being so overdone and rather simplistic, but your vocal was so smooth and near pitch perfect and by far your standout performance - I don’t have any notes about it, you’re such an underdog on your team, you’ve been given such tough competition - you beat the first one and you totally beautifully did this song and you just keep on improving, I’m impressed...

Viola, letting you go was a controversial decision - I think you’re increduble and this clearly showed that. You have range, you have soul, you have the performance down, this was theatrical and everything - and looking back at your audition, you can kind of do it all. Technically there were a lot of issues near the end, a few notes fell flat and all, but you were SO into it and the song choice was perfect... I don’t have much else to say.

On a technical level, I’d say Emmett won, but I think there’s infinite potential in Viola.
2163 days 12 hours ago
SurvivorFreak13
Emmett, I agree with Janelle, this song is done to death and it just makes people sigh of boredom before seeing what they have to offer. But you were incredibly consistent throughout. I loved the belty notes and I loved the quiet notes just as equally. I think there were a few parts where you almost lost it, but reigned it back in.

Viola, this was very nice. You have a very raw tone that can take you very far. There was one or two notes where my ears were questioning if you got what you aimed for, but overall, you did a good job. Loved the fullness of your tone and the vibrato.

I would gave maybe a slight edge to Viola for overall tone and song choice, but Emmett for consistency and pitch.
2163 days ago
DJ2722
*standing ovation*

Both of you already know how great y’all are so I’m just gonna cut to the chase and critique.

Emmett, Hallelujah is one of my favorite songs but hunny, it’s been done to death, as the other coaches pointed out. All of the chords in that song are repetitive so I believe that gave you some sort of consistency, and your vocals were fabulous, but I was just so bored with this performance.

Viola, this was a great performance, but it was very indecent in the closing moments. I feel as though you pushed yourself so hard in the beginning, and then you just couldn’t finish strong. So my advice to you is, don’t push too much in the beginning, there should be a build up that leads to a perfect, powerful ending.

I really can’t choose a winner, that’s all for Ari.
2159 days 3 hours ago
NicoleF
*standing ovation*

Ugh this is just terrible...like oof I don't wanna lose y'all.

Emmett, you are an underdog and to be honest I love your journey. It's true...you've gone up against some tough competition yet you still prevail in the end. I feel like the judges are being unfair to you. This song is overdone, but so is Viola's. The emotion within your voice though gave me chills especially when you belted out near the end. It caused you to take me to a euphoria like no other. It felt just so right.

Viola, this was stunning and you truly are a star. I'm so happy you're still in the competition cause you just proved Janelle that she made the wrong decision! You slayed that stage and demanded presence! You're a boss ass bitch when it comes to vocals and I am just in awe of you! You deserve to be here and, just like Emmett, you could sense the emotion! It gave me goosebumps!

I'm losing a star no matter what. But Viola, as much as I love emotion, this is your second time in a row where emotion, although beautiful, affected the performance and vocals slightly. Combine that with the fact that Emmett is an underdog who continues to grow with each performance and has matched every opponent so far as he evolves into a threat in this competition...the winner of this knockout is Emmett.

open group

THE VOICE • SEASON 1

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!