This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

KNOCKOUT #1 *REPOST* - LENA ROSE vs KYLIE BLUE

Topic » KNOCKOUT #1 *REPOST* - LENA..

2170 days 18 hours ago
Kaseyhope101
#TeamBeck

Lena Rose -

Vs

Kylie Blue -
2170 days 18 hours ago
DJ2722
-claps-

I’m going to be honest, I’ve seen better performances from both of you. These performances tonight were kinda basic. They’d be exceptional for auditions but you have both come a long way and I just expect to see more from y’all. These performances were good but in no way special. Personally, I believe Lena-Rose had a better grasp of her voice and used it well, and brought a unique aspect to the competition with Susan Boyle, so for that reason, I believe Lena-Rose won this knockout.
2170 days 18 hours ago
Kaseyhope101
*standing ovation*

This was really a knockout battle!

Lena, your main advantage is no one really is like you in this competition, and I think your battle was when you mixed opera with normal natural singing? I could be wrong, but that was my favorite performance from you so far, it totally blew me away and showed so many dimensions to you... this was a really good song choice it showed like an even more theatrical side to you, and it’s super interesting, but vocally this was probably my least favorite from you, it had really sharp moments, and I prefer your more smooth vocals, it just felt like it was more flat than usual, but you’re still incredible and represent a totally unseen perspective of this competition and I respect that.

Kylie, I LOVED this. I think you were amazing vocally, technically and you put on a show. I think you’re rather underrated, and admittedly you didn’t nail the battle rounds, but you’re always true to yourself and this song choice was near genius, I’m actually blown away by this performance.

Honestly, this round I would’ve expected to go a different way, but imo I think I might’ve picked Kylie if I were you, Beck... BUT I see both ways.
2167 days 22 hours ago
SurvivorFreak13
Well Ari hasn't posted yet, but I am very proud of both of you. Lena I'm so proud of you for continuing to show something so unique and versatile to the competition. Nobody does what you do so consistently. I think you can change it up a bit and just throw a few of those operatic notes in there, it doesn't have to be used throughout the entirety of a song. Kylie, I think you nailed it. You sounded so strong and powerful and it was consistent to what you've showed us, but the song choice was more unique.
I really don't want to let go of either of you... but I need to pick the one I believe offers something unique and dynamic. Lena Rose is the winner.
2167 days 21 hours ago
Kaseyhope101
Ugh... *steals* I didn’t want to use my steal this early, but I can’t let you go, I see way too much potential in you.
2167 days 19 hours ago
LenaRose
Thank you so much!!
2167 days 15 hours ago
SummerRae101
Thank You Beck, it was so nice being apart of your team!! And thank you soo much Janelle!!
2166 days 20 hours ago
NicoleF
I'm gonna be honest...I listened to these performances days ago but just couldn't think of what to type...I blame it on outside distractions (graduation/banquets this whole past week)

Lena Rose - Oof I don't really like Susan Boyle but I can't deny that the pitch was near perfection and the control was very much-so present. I feel like you restrained a little bit as I know you could've belted out a little more and, to be honest, I respect it. You're holding back your tricks and not showing all your cards. This was a strategic performance and was filled with just enough emotional content and vocal prestige that I agree with Beck...you did deserve to win.

Kylie - Your vocals are very controlled as well and the flow of the whole arrangement was nice. It was a little haunting and I adore any song that adds that effect so that was a benefit. I understand trying to show artistry from every aspect but sometimes your annunciation bothered me the wrong way and at times, the singing was a little off or a little too screamy for me. It felt very struggled at times, which I had a love-hate relationship at times. The struggled tone adds to the lyrical emotion of the piece...at the same time though, it showed capacity...and I wish you had a higher capacity.

The winner of this battle would've been Lena Rose for me too but grats on the steal Kylie!

*doesnt steal*

open group

THE VOICE • SEASON 1

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!