This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Final Tribal Council | Echoes of the Tide

Topic » Final Tribal Council | Echoes..

1376 days 17 hours ago
Pkpkpkpk
Im not on jury but so happy ye KINGS are final 2!!
1376 days 15 hours ago
mradamman12
Ben I don’t know why for the past like, two months you’ve been under the assumption that I haven’t liked you or like, hated you or something. That’s never been the case.

You blatantly use that as an excuse to treat me like shit and fuck me over in whatever game it is so you don’t have to feel bad about being a cunt. Whether it be a group game or an actual tengaged game. 

Don’t try and act like I didn’t ever try with you. I did message you trying to build a connection in the game and was tossed aside due to your PRECONCEIVED NOTION that I apparently “didn’t like you”.

In a game that is all about social connections, why should I even CONSIDER voting for someone who never once gave me the time of day?
1376 days 10 hours ago
GrrrImABear
I want each of you to find a piece of CLASSICAL music (can be vocal or instrumental) that represents how YOU navigated the game.

Feel free to discuss the musical content of the piece and how it relates to your game and why.

I'm a music education major who is minoring in music theory so this is a VERY important question.
1376 days 9 hours ago
JakeGoesOnline
While I don’t know much about music theory, I am a musical theatre teacher so I know a bit about classical musicals.

The song I am choosing is...

“I Don Quixote” from the Golden Age Musical “Man of La Mancha”
https://youtu.be/H2rd8rRQqe0

The song tells a story of a man, who has been beaten down, threatened, insulted, and humiliated by people he thought that he can trust; and it almost ruins his entire life. However he doesn’t give up.
This directly parallels to my clashing with Kelly and Gabriel. Two people who I had respect for, and after I made the choice to vote out Kelly; they really tried to break me down and said horrible things. But similarly to Don Quixote I kept going and I kept fighting.
Continuing on, he decides to change his style of life and make a name for himself. He showed power, determination, and a willingness to take risks in order to show who he truly is.
There’s also parallels my game in the sense that I changed everything about it when the incident took place. I went from a social player who didn’t want to make waves, to someone not afraid to make moves, or win immunities, or even find an idol in order to play the game to the best of my abilities.
Thirdly, while an honorable man, and has people he cares about deeply, the only person who has Don Quixote’s true unwavering allegiance to “reach the end of the Star” is his partner Sancho. And Sancho showed undying loyalty to Quixote.
This mirrors me in the sense that while I cared about everyone, and many people showed full loyalty to me- my goal to reach the end was with Patrick (pkpkpk) and then shifting to Ben. Those two were my Sanchos.
Finally, the last line of the song states “The wild winds of fortune will carry me on word, wither so ever they blow”
This correlates to my game in the sense that this didn’t go as I planned. But the winds took me in this direction and I followed them to the best of my abilities.
Thank you. I know that was lengthy.
1375 days 12 hours ago
Birks4444
Feckless is the word I would use to describe both of your FTC performances.

Ben, looking at the jury and seeing myself, Adam and Patrick all sitting on this bench, did you really think trashing Kelly, Kiara and Gabriel is the right choice? Did you write this speech to convince yourself that you aren't every bit as disgusting as you claim those people to be or did you write this speech to convince the jury to vote for you?

Jake, quite frankly i'm baffled. While I dont condone Ben's racism, I dont condone hypocrisy either. How can you stand and claim Kelly is a bully and feel uncomfortable because of his use of slurs when you willingly brought the person sitting next to you to the end? You had a Final 2 with Ben the entire game, the same Ben who has a multi who's username IS a racial slur, yet you were so hurt and destroyed because of what Kelly said. Explain why you felt the need to be hypocritical.

I want to get one thing straight. If those quits/removals did not happen, neither of you would be sitting here right now, and you would not even be close. I want both of you to own that and own that you just might be the luckiest people to ever play this game. Additionally, Ben you did not convince anyone to keep you over Pietro. Adam, Kiara and myself had the majority that round and we decided to keep you because even the inactive had a better shot at winning than you. Jake, you would not have survived without the quits, even if you were friends with Kiara. Let's get that straight.
1375 days 11 hours ago
JakeGoesOnline
@Birks; before I start... I had to google feckless.

I’ll address your statement.
First let me begin by saying, as I stated in my speech, I was unaware of any racism/or multis for a while.
In fact when the first big argument (Ben vs. Kelly, Gabriel, and Kiara) of the season took place; I was told that they were lying to make Ben look bad- and so for a little while that’s what I believed. I’m not very active in the tengaged ORG community; so I went with it.
It wasn’t until later on- a little after merge when I spoke to either you or Kiara about it (I don’t remember which one; sorry) I found out what actually happened.
After confronting Ben on it, he told me that it was in fact true but it was so long ago, he’s grown as a person, and he would never do that again.
And I dropped it.
You’re 100% right that it was hypocritical of me. And it took you asking me that question for me to realize it. I was hurt by what Kelly/Gabriel said. But I didn’t put myself in the shoes of the people of color who truly take offense to that.
I’m disappointed in myself for making a game decision instead of a personal decision. While it is a game, some things cross lines and I should’ve stepped up and done something about it.

Secondly, you’re absolutely right. We are both incredibly lucky to be here. I think I could’ve survived a bit; due to owning an idol, but it would’ve been near impossible for me to make it to the end. I think the quits drastically helped my game, and I most likely wouldn’t have made it to this point without them.
Whichever one of us wins will probably be the luckiest winner.
(I barely survived the rock draw, so that’s more luck lmao)

Thanks for your questions.
1375 days 11 hours ago
mradamman12
Girl the thing with Ben was like 3 weeks ago why is he trying to say it was “so long ago wtf”
1375 days 11 hours ago
JakeGoesOnline
I was told the incident with the multi was years ago
1375 days 11 hours ago
mradamman12
1375 days 11 hours ago
JakeGoesOnline
Well: now I feel foolish.
1375 days 9 hours ago
benp428
I DONT OWN THE ACCOUNT ANYMORE I GAVE IT AWAY MONTHS AGO!

open group

BB's Survivor: Fading Embers

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!