This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Format & Rules of Engagement

Topic » Format & Rules of..

2326 days 23 hours ago
ShazamJSS
The format for Point Break is as follows:

Traditionally, the cast will consist of 16 players.

First, the players will compete, and earn points in the House Magnate (HM) Challenge. The points you earn represent the heart of your game. Whoever has the most points at the end of the game is the winner. But I’ll get to that later.

The winner of the HM Challenge is the person who earns the most points in THAT WEEK’S CHALLENGE. It is not the person who has the most points overall at the time. (Except for Week 1, obviously) The HM wins immunity for the week, and the right to nominate one other player for eviction.

The second of three nominees is the person who finished in last place in the HM Challenge. (Again, not the person who has the least points at that time.)

The third nominee is determined by a house vote. Everyone, except the current HM, and the two current nominees vote. In the event of a tie, the HM casts the deciding vote between the people who are tied. IMPORTANT: You do not use your in-game points for this purpose. You will only use them for voting to EVICT.

Once the three nominees are determined, the current HM, the three nominees, and two other players selected at random play in the Cancellation Challenge. (CC) Players do NOT earn points in this challenge, only the HM Challenge.

The winner of the CC earns the right to cancel someone’s nomination. The winner can also choose not to use the power at all.

Renomination happens in one of three ways:

1. If the person that the HM nominated is saved, the HM will name the replacement.

2. If the person that finished in last place in the HM Challenge is saved, the person who did the next worst in the challenge is nominated.

3. If the person that was nominated by the house is saved, everyone except the current HM, and the remaining two nominees vote for the replacement. Again, a tie is broken by the HM.

Once the final nominees are determined, everyone, including the HM and the three nominees, will use their points to evict. You are able to use as many points as you wish, on as many nominees as you wish. You can also choose not to use any points at all. Whichever nominee ends up with the most points being used to evict them is eliminated from the game.

The process repeats, until the Final 3.

NOTE: Players can be the House Magnate in consecutive weeks.

Once there are three players remaining in the game, the Jury (every other player except the three finalists) conducts a questioning of the Final 3. The Jury will then be tasked with awarding the points that they had at the time that they were evicted to the three finalists in three percentage blocks: 50%, 30%, and 20%. NOTE: Decimals are always rounded up, so a Jury member may award slightly more points than they had at the time of their eviction.

Once all of the points are counted up, the person with the most points will be declared the winner.
2326 days 22 hours ago
ShazamJSS
Rules of Engagement

1. Any and all twists are fair game. If you happen to be eliminated because of a twist, don’t come bitching at me, because I am not the one you wanna try.

2. If I fuck anything up, and make a mistake, tell me. But just don’t be an asshole about it. We are all human, and to err is human.

3. Cheating in any and all forms is strictly forbidden. Suspicion is enough for action to be taken. Actions taken include, but are not limited to: Penalties within the game, disqualification from challenges, expulsion from the game, etc.

4. If you are to quit, or are expelled from the game, you will permanently banned from Point Break. However, I will make exceptions, depending on your reasoning for withdrawing from the game.

5. I do not want to police what is said by my players. However, do not take this as me handing players free reign to say whatever they want. If I see inappropriate comments being made in any capacity, action will be taken.

6. Send confessionals!

7. Add me to your game conversations and groups, whether it be on Tengaged, or Skype.

8. I reserve the right to add, remove, and modify the rules and game format whenever I deem it appropriate.

open group

Point Break

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!