This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

[S12] The Knockouts (Round 2)

Topic » [S12] The Knockouts (Round 2)

1376 days 8 hours ago
TommyD
A new non-live episode of The X Factor 12: The Knockouts will be posted shortly.

Your mentor will select one winner from each knockout to move on to the next stage of the competition - The Showcases.

Steals remaining:
Tommy - 2
Jack - 2
Michael - 1
Nehemiah - 2

Running order:
#TeamJack
01. Dami Im (nhl8765554321)
02. Tori Kelly (Rubes)
-------------------------------
#TeamNehemiah
03. Billie Eilish (Ajathekween)
04. Karmin (Tswiftlover13)
#TeamTommy
05. Claudia Emmanuela Santoso (nhl8765554321)
06. Bridget Mendler (Ajathekween)
#TeamNehemiah
07. Ella Eyre (1001games)
08. Stellar Perry (ryan5676)
#TeamJack
09. Chloe Kohanski (Jameslu)
10. Jess Glynne (Tinkerbelll)
#TeamMichael
11. Bruno Mars (Tswiftlover13)
12. Toneisha Harris (Jameslu)

Best of luck!
1376 days 8 hours ago
Jameslu
So nervous!
1376 days 7 hours ago
tswiftlover13
ooooh wow!!! Good luck everyone <3333
1376 days 7 hours ago
TommyD

*walks out*

Hello, it's The X Factor 12: The Knockouts! *claps*

Let's welcome your judges!

Tommy, Jack, Michael and Nehemiah! *claps*

Last night, they all kicked off, and tonight we have six more knockouts for you, tough decisions to follow!

Let The Knockouts continue...
1376 days 7 hours ago
TommyD
#TeamJack

01. Dami Im "And I Am Telling You" (nhl8765554321)

TOMMY:
*stands and claps*
WOW! Dami, that was really impressive! Such a big song and you shone all the way throughout it! There was a flat note at the end, but overall you absolutely went all the way with the killer knockout performance and this was better than you audition. Very well done tonight!

MICHAEL:
Wow what an amazing way to start off the 2nd night. Especially with an iconic song like this that not everyone can do. You brought us vocals tonight and I think this is gonna be a closer call then people expected tbh. My only thing would be to work on the breathe control if you move forward in the competition.

NEHEMIAH:
*Claps* Well talk about starting off the show, I already say there are some songs that are just too powerful that it’s very hard to replicate if you half-ass it. I’m gonna be real. There was no soul in this performance. It was a nice performance truly but your voice is not soulful so it was just you singing the lyrics and knowing the theatrics you’re supposed to do with this song.

JACK:
Girl tonight you have really proved to me why I wanted you on my team. I think this was a strong arrangement of vocals as I saw the fight from you. Also from the first audition I asked to see more confidence and you brung it tonight. I am really going to struggle tonight.

*claps*

--------------------------------------------------

02. Tori Kelly "Nobody Love" (Rubes)

TOMMY:
*claps*
This was a really good performance, you gave us a really cute and well presented song. I thought it was a step up from your audition, you're someone that stuck out in the auditions so I was looking forward to seeing what you were going to bring to the knockouts, and I don't think you disappointed. This is going to be a tough decision for Jack, I am sure.

MICHAEL:
*standing ovation* This might be a biased opinion here but I personally think this was the best performance we've seen so far throughout these knockouts. I think you have so much more to give and I will be rooting for you if Jack ends up deciding you as the winner.

NEHEMIAH:
So I’m a little surprised by this pairing but my main thing with you Ms. Kelly is that we see you all the time and we never get to see you in the live shows and that’s not right. I want to do right by you if Jack drops you. The talent you possess is rightfully so and I think with the right path you got this.

JACK:
*Claps* Tonight you have upped my expectation of you because tonight you performed to us and I was enjoying every moment of it. I think you have a weird and unusual range but I like it because its yours. I really want to see more from you.

*claps*

------------------------------------------

Jack, it's decision time. Who is the winner of this knockout and moving forward with you to The Showcases?

JACK:
Tonight girls this is going to be really hard because you showed me something thats alot different from when you guys was in the auditions but I think this person is going to get further in the compeition so I am choosing Tori Kelly to go through

*claps*

Congratulations Tori Kelly (Rubes)! You are moving forward to The Showcases! *claps*

Unfortunately, Dami Im (nhl8765554321) you have not been chosen, but you will now be available for a steal at the end of the episode. Best of luck!

*claps*
1376 days 7 hours ago
chris2pei
hi!
1376 days 7 hours ago
chris2pei
dang my acts still not featured :(
1376 days 7 hours ago
TommyD
#TeamNehemiah

03. Billie Eilish "Bad" (Ajathekween)

TOMMY:
*stands and claps*

Billie, I think this was your best performance, not only of the season, but of the series each time you've applied. The song was almost unrecognisable and it's such an iconic song. You have so much involvement and investment in your lyrics and I think that translates really well when you deliver them to us. Good job tonight.

JACK:
I love the riffs you have in your voice as it makes your voice so special. Tonight this was a good song choice and you completely changed it up which I loved to hear because you created these runs which made this song complete.

MICHAEL:
You have such a refreshing voice as in the way that no one else sounds like you and its nice to hear something different then what your used to. I think this was a solid performance for you tonight. I think you have more to show us as well. My only thing would be that it was a bit too slow for my liking but at least you made it your own.

NEHEMIAH:
The chills immediately from the first hum to the delivery of the first verse. It’s truly a choice of matter if you are someone's type of music or not. And there was no wrong in this performance at least for me. The delivery was so effortless yet still a beautiful haunting rendition. ALSO LET ME SAY!!!! To my fellow judges, singing the way you do is not easy, i challenge my judges to do so if they think it’s easy. But I also like that this felt like your own song.

*claps*

----------------------------------

04. Karmin "Just a Kiss" (Tswiftlover13)

TOMMY:
At first, I wasn't sure, you have a really nice voice and sound good together, but until the rap like section, I wasn't fully enjoying it and then I think you maintained a really good level of vocal ability. Is it enough to beat Billie? I'm not convinced, but best of luck! You guys are cute!

JACK:
I really liked this tonight guys you have showed us something really fresh. But there is a big problem with this is that the woman is oversinging the male and I could barely here him when you sang together and you just blocked him out

MICHAEL:
Im gonna be honest here and say that if this was acapella you guys could of won this knockout. I think the piano with like the beat in the back dont mix well. It sounded like multiple songs were playing at once. I enjoyed the rap tho that you did and I think you should of went with another performance.

NEHEMIAH:
I like you guys and I also like the sound of duos and duets because I don't know I have a strange taste in music. I love the tone on your voice Amy and I thought that harmonies were very in sync. BUT THAT RAP!!!!!!! Mind blown.

*claps*

-------------------------------------------

Nehemiah, who is the winner of this knockout?

NEHEMIAH:
I put you both together and I believe that I don’t need further explanation as to why because you both have your own tricks and i felt matched with each other well. Honestly a really good battle in my mind and now I have to choose a winner. I thought I had a clear cut winner and then it turned out that I didn’t. The winner of this battle is….Karmin.

Congratulations Karmin (Tswiftlover13)! You are moving on to The Showcases! *claps*

Unfortunately, Billie Eilish (Ajathekween), this does mean that you have not been chosen, but you will be available for a steal at the end of the episode. Best of luck!

*claps*
1376 days 7 hours ago
TommyD
#TeamTommy

05. Claudia Emmanuela Santoso "Listen" (nhl8765554321)

JACK:
*Claps* Choosing this song is a huge risk and you didn't do perfect but you did good. You went quiet in a lot of parts of the song when you was at the verses but then you sprung into action when coming to the chorus and that was your climax which was impressive.

MICHAEL:
You're killing it with these song choices so far. I enjoyed this more then your audition. I think you got the emotion right with this song as well. You're so young and talented but I think you have to grow your voice more. Give it a couple years and you will be unstoppable.

NEHEMIAH:
At the moment I don’t like you. I’m not connecting to you at all as well as the fact that you are completely forgettable to me. I have a thing as i mentioned with Dami Im that yeah they’re gonna put these “BIG” songs onto singers to make them seem more talented and special. But literally all you do is perform the same theatrics as the original artist and every other cover sings this song. Also there were MANY notes where you went flat as well as turned high notes into screeching.

TOMMY:
*stands and claps*
Hmmm.. Firstly, well done on a great performance, but listening to that, I don't think you actually get as big as the song needs to get and I think that was the same as your audition. Do not get me wrong, it's a good performance, but because the song is so big, you sound like you aren't doing as well as I believe you can do. I'm on the fence a little after this.

*claps*

------------------------------------------

06. Bridget Mendler "Atlantis" (Ajathekween)

JACK:
This was much better than your audition. Using the guitar also helped you because it allowed you to help you through the song. Te one problem in parts of the song was that i felt you went to high in your register which meant you couldn't control as much as you actually wanted.

MICHAEL:
Now wait a minute. I wasnt expecting this from you Bridget. The way you started off the song was amazing. This is actually a tough call. I think your performance I would listen to more then Claudia's but she had the more powerful vocals. I would love to see you move on tho to see what else you got.

NEHEMIAH:
I think one of the judges said in the auditions but Bridget you have immense talent no doubt. It’s truly how you shape your journey and actually what you present to the table. Compared in a battle format this felt very forgettable.

TOMMY:
*stands and claps*
This was a good performance, and I think you have a great 'cool' vibe that goes really well with you and can be really useful when moving forward in this competition. There were some really nice moments of this performance, you have improved I think!

*claps*

---------------------------------------

The winner of this knockout?

TOMMY:
Hmmm.. This is a weird one for me, because I genuinely think you both have your pros and cons. I have to go with the act that I think might translate and connect a little better with the judges moving forward. The winner of this knockout is Bridgit! I'm sorry Claudia!

*claps*

Congratulations Bridget Mendler (Ajathekween)! You are moving on to The Showcases! *claps*

Unfortunately, Claudia Emmanuela Santoso (nhl8765554321), you have not been selected, but you will be available for the steal at the end of the episode. Best of luck!

*claps*
1376 days 7 hours ago
TommyD
#TeamNehemiah

07. Ella Eyre "Good Luck" (1001games)

TOMMY:
*stands and claps*
I really enjoyed this performance! You're someone I find myself really looking forward to watching each time. You have such a great depth to your voice, you have soul, and you're also really fresh and current. I feel you just have the right combination, you have The X Factor! Really well done tonight Ella.

JACK:
This is very different to your audition but I really like this Ella we are seeing tonight. You are real pop princess with a special twist which is your large range, I would say I want to see more of this but I want to see if you can create a song that's both like tonights and the auditions.

MICHAEL:
I think you've been the surprise of the season for me so far. I just absolutely love your voice so much and I personally want to see you move on to see more from you. I do prefer your audition over this but this was still a fantastic performance.

NEHEMIAH:
*claps* Your style is just so raspy and truly does draw me and I can’t necessarily find any wrongs with this performance so well done on coming back with another good performance after the audition.

*claps*

-----------------------------------------

08. Stellar Perry "Like a Prayer" (ryan5676)

TOMMY:
*stands and claps*
Omg this was a knockout! I loved this song, you really delivered on the vocal and everything just looked incredible, it was absolute fire Stellar! You have done really well tonight. I think Nehemiah has a really tough choice.

JACK:
Picking a Madonna song is risky and I think you smashed it tonight. I am really glad you're here because you have guts from doing Gaga to Madonna who are completely different in artists but you add something to make them yours which is everythin

MICHAEL:
What a fun song to perform! The both of you are just great at being yourselves and who ever loses this battle hopefully gets stolen. I do wish tho Stellar that you chose a performance that showed off your voice even more. Best of luck tonight.

NEHEMIAH:
*claps* So I’m not upset I actually thought this was quite visually pleasing and very energetic. Yet I also don’t know if I enjoyed it. It was definitely a big change from the audition.

*claps*

---------------------------------------

Nehemiah, another tough decision for you. Who is the winner of this knockout?

NEHEMIAH:
My ladies, I knew when I saw you both on my roster that yall had some grit and damn did you both show it tonight and honestly I will say you BOTH have better performances than what you displayed tonight I hope. But I have to choose one to continue so I think I’m gonna stick with my gut on this one and send through….Ella Eyre!!!!

*claps*

Congratulations Ella Eyre (1001games)! You are moving on to The Showcases! *claps*

Unfortunately, Stellar Perry (ryan5676), this means that you have not been selected, but you will be available for the steal at the end of the episode. Best of luck!

*claps*
1376 days 7 hours ago
TommyD
#TeamJack

09. Chloe Kohanski "Time After Time" (Jameslu)

TOMMY:
*claps*
This was a good performance, I do think your audition was a little bette, but you are giving us such diversity and really showing us what you are all about which is crucial in these earlier stages. I think if you make it through, I'd love to see a big moment for you, but this was a good, above average performance and I think you're heading in the right direction! I'm rooting for you. We're all rooting for you.

MICHAEL:
You obviously have an awesome unique voice that anyone could spot and I think you just seem like an act that belongs in the lives if Im being honest. I think with the right song choices you could go far this season, that is if you win this knockout first.

NEHEMIAH:
I think this is one amazing battle match up to be completely honest so good job Jack. But the only thing I’m upset is that we may have to lose one of these amazing souls. I loved how you performed tonight Chloe so good luck.

JACK:
Tonight this was great. I think it was a beautiful song tonight. Your vocals are really controlled and this is alot of the reason why I paired you and jess together because you are about the same type of voice. I really want to see more from you girl.

*claps*

----------------------------------------------

10. Jess Glynne "Take Me Home" (Tinkerbelll)

TOMMY:
This was a good pair up Nehemiah, both offer us similar things. This was good, but I do struggle to connect with you and sometimes I feel that your voice isn't as strong as we think. You go from having lovely moments to moments that I'm not sold on. I mean, I know Jack loves you so if you make it through I think you and him really need to get together on the right song before posting.

MICHAEL:
This was a pretty fair pairing as the both of you have cool voices and would sounds good singing anything. I do think this performance tho was a bit lackluster from your audition. I think this could go either way and I wish you all the best.

NEHEMIAH:
*Standing Ovation* When I tell you this song got me through so many things, it got me through so many things. Jess you are a star and I don’t know what we’d do without you in this competition and I say that because you just have this strange vibe about you that I really dig. You are in your own league and you own it.

JACK:
This was so emotional and I loved it. I think you have a special energy to you and as you sing you seem to be doing effortless which is so good to see in an artist and this means you are enjoying it aload more. I am gonna be so happy if we see more from you.

*claps*

-------------------------------------------

Jack, your second decision of the night. Who is the winner of this knockout?

JACK:
Girls tonight you both fought for your lives and seeing this knockout pairing I am really sad because I wish both of you to get through and I really hope someone steals you but tonight I am choosing... Jess Glynne. Chloe I hope to god you are stole by someone but tonight I think Jess slightly outsung you.

*claps*

Congratulations Jess Glynne (Tinkerbelll)! You are moving on to The Showcases! *claps*

Unfortunately, Chloe Kohanski (Jameslu), you have not been selected, but you will be eligible for the steal at the end of the episode. Best of luck!

*claps*
1376 days 7 hours ago
TommyD
#TeamMichael

11. Bruno Mars "Valerie" (Tswiftlover13)

TOMMY:
*stands and claps*
I loved this tribute! This was really good, the song choice suited you and you looked like you were having a ball! Your voice is actually a lot better than I thought listening to this and I'm really pleasantly surprised by you. I'd love to see more from you in The Showcases!

JACK:
OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was not expecting this from you. I think using this song shows you want to take risks because this song is quite a quicker song with little runs and you must be able to execute them properly which you really did. Really good job tonight.

NEHEMIAH:
Now these two artists are completely different from each other and it’s truly gonna be another sad loss because I think both did well in their own style. Bruno had such a fun little vibe to it as well as performance quality was all the way there

MICHAEL:
Omg what a great song choice first off. I honestly think you're so under-rated when it comes to these singing shows. This was much better then your audition performance and you showed us again that your a great performer as well. Amazing tribute as we

*claps*

---------------------------------------------

12. Toneisha Harris "My Superhero" (Jameslu)

TOMMY:
*stands and claps*
This was just beautiful to listen to, from start to finish. It wasn't rushed, it was delivered in such a stunning way! I really loved this! I'm absolutely speechless! Well done!

JACK:
Now coming into the knockouts, I can tell i completely overlooked you because this performance was exceptional and this is what I expect from artists that could win. If you carry on with these performances I am wanting to see you in the live finals.

NEHEMIAH:
*Standing Ovation* That is how you end a night, you just sing to what comes from your heart. That’s the making of a real artist.

MICHAEL:
What a beautiful performance to end off the night! You just have such an amazing voice and it just makes you feel warm inside whenever you listen to it. I think you came here to win and I dont think your journey ends here tonight even if I dont choose you as the winner.

*claps*

-----------------------------------------

Michael, the final decision of the night, who is the winner of this knockout?

MICHAEL:
Gosh this is such a tough decision right here. I dont know what to do. Bruno you did such a fantastic job tonight and I really want to move you forward so you can showcase more of your voice this season and show everyone how great you are. Toneisha you have such an amazing voice and I want to move you on as you have so much more to show us and I think you would have a beautiful journey this season if you continued on. The winner of this knockout tonight is...... Toneisha!

*claps*

Congratulations Toneisha Harris (Jameslu)! You are through to The Showcases! *claps*

This does mean that Bruno Mars (Tswiftlover13), you have not been selected, but you will be available for the steal at the end of the episode. Best of luck!

*claps*
1376 days 7 hours ago
Jameslu
Aw Chloe </3
1376 days 7 hours ago
Jameslu
Thank you Michael! <3
1376 days 7 hours ago
TommyD
There you have it, another night done!

Let's look at the six acts advancing to The Showcases from tonight!

01. Tori Kelly (Rubes)
02. Karmin (Tswiftlover13)
03. Bridget Mendler (Ajathekween)
04. Ella Eyre (1001games)
05. Jess Glynne (Tinkerbelll)
06. Toneisha Harris (Jameslu)

*claps*

Now judges, the following acts are now available for the #STEAL - please steal 0, 1 or 2 of the following acts. You have 12 hours to do so. If more than one judge opts to steal an act, then the decision lies with the act.

Steals remaining:
Tommy - 2 steals
Jack - 2 steals
Michael - 1 steal
Nehemiah - 2 steals

For now, goodnight! *claps*
1376 days 7 hours ago
Jameslu
*praying someone steals Chloe* :'(

open group

The X Factor Series

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!