This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

[S12] The Auditions (Round 2)

Topic » [S12] The Auditions (Round 2)

1404 days 11 hours ago
TommyD
A new non-live episode of The X Factor 12: The Auditions will be posted later today.

Three or Four YES votes from the judges will send you through to the next stage of the competition - The Judgement.

Running order:
01. Dami Im (nhl8765554321)
02. Sally Skelton (nhl8765554321)
03. En Vogue (nhl8765554321)
04. Demi Lovato (Tinkerbelll)
05. Luke Friend (Tinkerbelll)
06. Willie Jones (nhl8765554321)
07. Jamie Johnson (Tswiftlover13)
08. Angie Miller (Tswiftlover13)
09. Bruno Mars (Tswiftlover13)
10. Karmin (Tswiftlover13)
11. Dennis Van Aarssen (DrG2)
12. EXIT (DrG2)

Best of luck!
1404 days 9 hours ago
TommyD

Hello and welcome to The X Factor 12: The Auditions! It's Day 2 here at The Auditions and the search is still on for the twelfth singing sensation of Tengaged! *claps*

Please welcome your X Factor panel: Tommy, Jack, Michael and Nehemiah! *claps*

The panel have taken their seats, let the second day of The Auditions commence...
1404 days 9 hours ago
TommyD
01. Dami Im "Hero" (nhl8765554321)

TOMMY:
*claps*
What a great song and what a great performance you gave us! You flowed through the song so effortlessly and I really enjoyed it from start to finish. If this is your starting point, I can not wait to see what you have to offer moving forward. Well done!

JACK:
This was so vocally strong and you picked a song that suits your voice really well and You did the song justice because you put your all in it. If you could, you could have built on your performance a little more.

MICHAEL:
What a great way to start the 2nd night off. I think you did a fantastic job here and could be someone to look out for in the competition. I actually think your our first "diva" of the season if Im not mistaken. Im excited to see more from you and I hope the language barrier doesnt hurt your chances later on.

NEHEMIAH:
I truly love that song so I loved that you chose to sing this song and although there were some vocal problems here and there I definitely heard some powerful moments in there.

*claps*

#JudgesVerdicts
Tommy - YES
Jack - YES
Michael - YES
Nehemiah - YES

Tommy: Dami, you have four YES' we can not wait to see you at the next stage of the competition! *claps*
1404 days 9 hours ago
TommyD
02. Sally Skelton "Wolves" (nhl8765554321)

TOMMY:
The start of this was lovely and it had some really nice moments throughout, I think in the middle and towards the end, it never really peaked the way I thought it would, but you have a great tone. You have potential for sure.

JACK:
In the voice I made a massive mistake with you and now I am realising how big of a mistake that was. I think your voice is so strong and It has a base tone to it which I love.

MICHAEL:
What a great song choice to showcase your voice. The beginning was very mesmerizing the way you just started off the song. It did get a bit messy tho as the performance went on but you have alot of potential to be a great act this season. Great job!

NEHEMIAH:
*Claps* I love artists that can take a song and reinvent it into your own, the opening verse was beautiful. Now the chorus felt a little flat but you still have a good voice.

*claps*

#JudgesVerdicts
Tommy - YES
Jack - YES
Michael - YES
Nehemiah - YES

Jack: Sally, congratulations! You're off to The Judgement! *claps*
1404 days 9 hours ago
TommyD
03. En Vogue "Hold On" (nhl8765554321)

TOMMY:
Honestly, you have nice voices, but I thought this was a little too repetitive for my liking and I wasn't able to explore any further with you. It just felt the same level throughout. I do think there is something there and if you make it through, I do suggest you looking at a song that takes us on a little more of a journey.

JACK:
Originally I was very unsure about this performance but then I am questioning if this is a live performance. But to be honest I liked the way you went with this and your voices are good together

MICHAEL:
I dont think this was the right song choice for you guys for the auditions. Your suppose to show us what you guys are capable of and I dont think you guys did that here. Actually the more the song keeps going, it gets more catchy. I think you guys sound great together and its gonna be a tough climb for you guys to make it to the finals. Id give you guys a second chance

NEHEMIAH:
I truly love a good throwback song, I’m not sure how these boys are gonna love this performance but I thought it was pretty decent, just performances forward would have to be completely better.

*claps*

#JudgesVerdicts
Tommy - NO
Jack - YES
Michael - YES
Nehemiah - YES

Michael: Three YES votes is enough, you're through to the next stage of the competition! *claps*
1404 days 9 hours ago
TommyD
04. Demi Lovato "Tell Me You Love Me" (Tinkerbelll)

TOMMY:
*claps*
Every season, I'm hard on you, but I actually really enjoyed this audition this time around, I thought it both looked and sounded really good. You're an act that just keeps coming back no matter how many times you take a knock and I really admire that. I think it's all about careful song choice with you, and looking a little more into your catalogue.

JACK:
Your voice is extremely strong and I really liked it and it brings me back to last season where you was on my team and I don't know if you have got the growth that I would like to have seen.

MICHAEL:
*standing ovation*  I needed to find an alternative video but based on the performance I saw, I would say its my favorite performance tonight. You have had the best vocal performance so far tonight and I love the choir being apart of your performance. It added something that would of been missing if you didnt include them.

NEHEMIAH:
Welcome back Demi, always good to see you do everything you can to get to the live shows. I, unfortunately, couldn’t view the video that you provided but I found a similar one and from what I saw I thought the performance was decent enough.

*claps*

#JudgesVerdicts
Tommy - YES
Jack - YES
Michael - YES
Nehemiah - YES

Nehemiah: Demi, with the panel all in agreement, you're off to the next stage of the competition! *claps*
1404 days 9 hours ago
TommyD
05. Luke Friend "Skinny Love" (Tinkerbelll)

TOMMY:
*claps*
I really enjoyed watching you last season although it felt too short so I am really delighted that you have come back to try again for XF12! I love this song, I love the tone and it just felt like you were giving us 110% all the way through that performance which I loved to see! You have huge potential in my eyes.

JACK:
I really enjoyed this performance. You have style with you and therefore I am intrigued about your presence. I think if you carry on this throughout the competition you will be a strong asset to whoever team you are on.

MICHAEL:
So last season you came here with the exact same song and I was in the middle deciding what to give you. I ultimately ended up saying No and you still made it. So Im gonna assume you make it again and give you a chance. Good Luck tonight!

NEHEMIAH:
*Standing Ovation* I love that you are back because last season I really had a big decision to make between you and JoJo and I knew whoever I chose had a good chance to win that season. You are still extremely talented in my eyes so welcome back Luke.

*claps*

#JudgesVerdicts
Tommy - YES
Jack - YES
Michael - YES
Nehemiah - YES

Tommy: Luke, you're on the show and through to the judgement stage! *claps*
1404 days 9 hours ago
TommyD
06. Willie Jones "Your Man" (nhl8765554321)

TOMMY:
I really enjoyed this! I thought it had the surprise factor, the fun factor and The X Factor! I think last season, country was so well represented throughout and there was a rise in the country acts getting further, so this could be the perfect season for you to audition. Well done!

JACK:
I unfortunately did not like this. We had an amazing country act last season, Dillon and after how well he did, country acts need to be getting at that level and I just don't feel you can deliever.

MICHAEL:
I dont know how to feel about this tbh. Like yes you have a cool deep voice but at which point does it become a gimmick. I would prefer if you just stuck to one of your voices as it didnt mesh well with the song. Im thinking about what you could bring to the competition.

NEHEMIAH:
As last season showed we are all really big on having some country on this show so this was a nice little surprise to come from you Willie.

*claps*

#JudgesVerdicts
Tommy - YES
Jack - NO
Michael - NO
Nehemiah - YES

Jack: I'm really sorry, it's a no today!
1404 days 9 hours ago
TommyD
07. Jamie Johnson "Sex on Fire" (Tswiftlover13)

TOMMY:
*stands and dances*
*claps*
Omg that was so much fun! And your voice! I really enjoyed this performance, it just felt like you had so much excitement and fire! It was a little short, but for an audition it was plenty to get to grips with! I was really feeling this! Well done!

JACK:
*Grooves* I really love this song and I think you did amazing things with it. You really delivered and I was enjoying the song throughout and I will be shocked if your not through tonight.

MICHAEL:
Oh man you have like the perfect voice for this song. I would of wanted this performance to be a bit longer tbh. There was nothing to hate here and thats a good thing for the auditions as there isnt really a reason to give you a no tonight. Well done!

NEHEMIAH:
I’m gonna be real, Only one performance so far I really enjoyed and you can now mark down that tonight you are my second favorite performance. That was a crazy crazy good song choice to show off the talent in your voice. It threw us in from the beginning and did not let go!!

*claps*

#JudgesVerdicts
Tommy - YES
Jack - YES
Michael - YES
Nehemiah - YES

Michael :Congratulations! You're through to the next stage of the competition! *claps*
1404 days 8 hours ago
TommyD
08. Angie Miller "Never Gone" (Tswiftlover13)

TOMMY:
*claps*
This was really enjoyable! You had a lot of emotion and passion throughout this audition and I always love it when a artist gets me like that. We have seen you a few seasons now so it's all about careful song selection with you and really taking in the judges critiques, but you have a great shot at making it all the way to the end for sure.

JACK:
This was so smooth and your vocals was not shaky in my opinion. I think that this was good because you was seriously enjoying the performance and thats how it made it tonnes better.

MICHAEL:
*standing ovation* Beautiful performance. Im so glad you came back to audition when I am apart of the judge panel. I could see you on my team and you can do really well on it. Anyways amazing job, definitely a highlight of the season so far.

NEHEMIAH:
Welcome back Angie, I think it’s kind of a tragedy that we haven’t gotten a lot of chances to see you because I think you are a phenomenal artist. Possibly this could be your season because I don’t see how you don’t make it to the Knockouts.

*claps*

#JudgesVerdicts
Tommy - YES
Jack - YES
Michael - YES
Nehemiah - YES

Nehemiah: You're through to The Judgement! *claps*
1404 days 8 hours ago
TommyD
09. Bruno Mars "Just The Way You Are" (Tswiftlover13)

TOMMY:
*claps*
Oh my goodness, well that was a little gag worthy wasn't it? I was not expecting the flavour that you brought to this audition at all. In fact, I really underestimated you and I have to say I was more than pleasantly surprised. I think you have a lot of potential after this audition and I'm really looking forward to seeing a little more from you this season.

JACK:
I really liked the slower version of your song because it showcases your voice better and I think your voice excelled even more with the puerto rican that you was singing. I seriously did not expect the language change and you remind me of the male version of one and truly Kelly Clarkson.

MICHAEL:
I dont think I see you much on singing competitions. I dont know why tho because personally I love your voice. Your also an amazing performer as well and thats what we need for the x factor. Also I was shook when you switched up the language.

NEHEMIAH:
Another throwback, Bruno I remember you back all the way on season 5 and I don’t think we have seen you since. Or at least I haven’t. Now when you started to sing in spanish I was more than surprised and also warmed in the heart because that was just cute and special and truly from the heart.

*claps*

#JudgesVerdicts
Tommy - YES
Jack - YES
Michael - YES
Nehemiah - YES

Tommy: Bruno, you have 4 yes votes, you're through to the next stage!
1404 days 8 hours ago
TommyD
10. Karmin "Forget You" (Tswiftlover13)

TOMMY:
I thought this was good! You sounded great together and I loved the vibe that you were giving us throughout the entire audition. I loved how simple it seemed, but at the same time you went there with the notes. You will have a big job to step it up in The Knockouts, but this was great for tonight.

JACK:
Your vocals was very forced in this and you seemed very aggressive when you was singing and it meant that the whole song sounded wrong because that is not how the song is supposed to sound.

MICHAEL:
Omg talk about nostalgic, I remember listening to your covers back in the day and they are quite fun to watch. I do think this was a weird song choice but you guys a unique in a way and your like no one else so far in the competition. Im excited to see what else you have to show us.

NEHEMIAH:
*Stands and Claps* I think by now and everyone knows that I’m the main one to have a special kink for strange styles in music and love to see how far one can take that talent. Karmin you guys have a certain style about how you chose to sing this song that made the song feel original and took us on a little story.

#JudgesVerdicts
Tommy - YES
Jack - NO
Michael - YES
Nehemiah - YES

Jack: Well, you have the three YES votes you need! We will see you again at The Judgement!
1404 days 8 hours ago
TommyD
11. Dennis Van Aarssen "That's Life" (DrG2)

TOMMY:
*claps*
Oh my goodness! This actually really excited me because we have not had an act like you audition for a while and that excites me because I have been on this damn panel for 12 seasons, so when I see something new, that's amazing! I loved your voice, you just radiated positivity and a great vocal. I am really looking forward to seeing where you go in this competition!

JACK:
This was really jazzy and I really liked it because of that as it gave your performance character. I really do hope you go to the next round because I want to see more

MICHAEL:
Wait I actually really loved this performance. I didnt know what to expect but it was so good. You sing like you've been doing it for years and it just comes easily for you. I would love to see more from you and see what other songs you have for us.

NEHEMIAH:
*claps* I love me some good Frank Sinatra, and if we can expect some more good old classic tunes from you that would be so refreshing. Because I love how it come so natural from out your mouth and that’s truly the well to sing jazz. Completely in a lane of your own.

*claps*

#JudgesVerdicts
Tommy - YES
Jack - YES
Michael - YES
Nehemiah - YES

Michael: Congratulations, you are through to the next stage of the competition!
1404 days 8 hours ago
TommyD
12. EXIT "DNA/IDOL" (DrG2)

TOMMY:
*stands and slams desk*
I am sorry, but what! You had so many tricks throughout that performance, and you carried them off all so well! I had so many moments throughout that where my jaw just dropped! i think you absolutely have a home on this season as I think we have a really diverse and open panel this season! I'm already excited to see you in the next stage!

JACK:
I didn't like this for the fact that you tried too hard to try everything which meant it was quite messy. The vocals was good but you was giving us too much.

MICHAEL:
*standing ovation* BTS and acapella? I mean if that doesnt scream Team Michael I dont know what does. He's playing the guitar with his voice? insane! The originals are still alot better but you guys were doing it acapella and you meshed the songs well together. Great job!

NEHEMIAH:
I love seeing the diversity of this song and I love acapella groups as we’ve seen previously. This is something different because you guys are acapella but choosing to do it in a foreign language so we can really judge you from what we hear. I liked it.

*claps*

#JudgesVerdicts
Tommy - YES
Jack - NO
Michael - YES
Nehemiah - YES

Nehemiah: With three votes, you are through to The Judgement! *claps*
1404 days 8 hours ago
TommyD
There we have it, 12 more acts have performed for our judges, let's take a look at the board to see which 11 acts made it through tonight..

01. Dami Im (nhl8765554321)
02. Sally Skelton (nhl8765554321)
03. En Vogue (nhl8765554321)
04. Demi Lovato (Tinkerbelll)
05. Luke Friend (Tinkerbelll)
06. Jamie Johnson (Tswiftlover13)
07. Angie Miller (Tswiftlover13)
08. Bruno Mars (Tswiftlover13)
09. Karmin (Tswiftlover13)
10. Dennis Van Aarssen (DrG2)
11. EXIT (DrG2)

*claps*

Join us tomorrow as the search continues for the next winner of The X Factor!

*claps*
1404 days 8 hours ago
chris2pei
well done everyone!

open group

The X Factor Series

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!