This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

[S6] Auditions (Day 3)

Topic » [S6] Auditions (Day 3)

2004 days 1 hour ago
TommyD
2004 days 1 hour ago
TommyD
Good evening and welcome to The X Factor! We have had two nights of mind blowing auditions and we can not wait to see what tonight has in store for us!

Give it up for your XF6 judges!

Tommy & Aili James!

Drake & Nehemiah!

The judges have taken their seats and as the first hopeful takes to the stage let's keep our fingers crossed!
2004 days 1 hour ago
TommyD
01. Eliza Doolittle (1001games) #Girls

Tommy:
There was something really intriguing about you, it was not incredible, but I believe that there is something there, you have unique vocals and it would be really interesting to see how you progress in the competition if you make it.

Aili James:
There's no doubt you're a great singer, you have that bluesy vibes. And for that reason, I'm interested but I just find your performance so relaxed that it gets boring. So I suggest you add some spice in your next performances.

Drake:
It seems you had a few pitch when you got to those high notes, it seemed like you tried to force the note out rather than letting it come out naturally. However the moment when you went into your falsetto sounded quite night and pleasant. This was quite a simple audition, and I did indeed enjoy it. Nothing too flashy, but still catch the attention of me making me curious about what you have in store. Nothing else to say but good job!

Nehemiah:
I enjoyed the entire arrangement of this performance. Your voice is very sweet and soft and left me wanting to hear more. I am very eager to hear more from you Eliza.

#JudgesVerdict
Tommy - YES
Aili James - YES
Drake - YES
Nehemiah - YES

Tommy: Well done Eliza, you're through to the six-chair challenge! *claps*
2004 days 1 hour ago
TommyD
02. Eric Hutchinson "Rock & Roll" (1001games) #Overs

Tommy:
I liked the stripped back mood, and I really liked the second half of the performance. I believe that you have some really good potential. This song might not have been the best at showing you off, but I think it's left us wanting something more, and I hope we get to see that transpire.

Aili James:
* dances along * You are so different in the best way possible. I actually enjoyed this performance so much. You got some special with that tone. I didn't expect to like it as much as I did. Cause if she wants to rock, she rock, if she wants to roll, she roll. Loved the lyrics. I hope we get to see more of you.

Drake:
I’m digging this performance if I’m being honest, I like the harmonizations you added with chorus. The only negative I have to say about this performance is the guy in the background doing the ooh’s sounds clunky and out of place, but he did improve on the other points. You have a unique style of performance that I don’t think X Factor has seen so I’m curious to see you in the future rounds if you make it past auditions. Really good job Eric!

Nehemiah:
Eric you have a distinctive voice very post-modern jukebox. I do feel that maybe it could get tiresome and be the same ole same ole but I am very interested wanting to hear more.

#JudgesVerdict
Tommy - YES
Aili James - YES
Drake - YES
Nehemiah - YES

Aili James: Well done Eric, you're off to the next round!
2004 days 1 hour ago
TommyD
03. Low Cut Connie "Dirty Water" (1001games) #Groups

Tommy:
I liked this, it was very different from what we normally have in the categories and why not have that represented moving forward. I think there were a few moments where it was hard to keep the engagement, but your tone and care-free delivery of the song is very intriguing!

Aili James:
Firstly I love your name. You're giving me Elvis vibes. I digged it a lot. Definitely a group I'd be keeping my eye on. The way you sing just makes me want to dance and I dig that voice so much.

Drake:
You guys definitely have some quirkiness in the way you perform which isn’t a bad thing, you made me smile during the portion of it. I don’t know how to feel about you guys as a package though. Like at first I didn’t enjoy it but now I’m on the fence about it. I see potential in you guys and I want to see more of you guys, but I don’t know. My mind seems very conflicted from either I don’t like you guys or I love you guys. You guys have a style and I’m willing to get hooked on this style.

Nehemiah:
I do believe that you have something that is different but I do feel as if there isn't necessarily as much that you can offer to this season. I want to have faith in you but I don't

#JudgesVerdict
Tommy - YES
Aili James - YES
Drake - YES
Nehemiah - NO

Drake: Well, 3 votes is all you need and we will be seeing you again soon! Well done!
2004 days 1 hour ago
TommyD
04. Mark Isiah "Love Yourself" (Kgamer2218) #Boys

Tommy:
It wasn't until the end of this audition that I think I saw the real potential in you. At first, it felt very copycat, but once you stepped away from that I got to see a little glimpse into you and what you are capable of and I was a fan!

Aili James:
You actually have a nice smooth tone when you sing. I like that it was more heartfelt and I felt every word. Keep singing songs like this. I see potential.

Drake:
I did enjoy you trying to make the song your own, and I can tell you have a nice stage swagger to you. I will say this performance was very safe, but it’s auditions and I think it’s pretty solid for a performance. I want to challenge you to push yourself a little more in future rounds to really impress us and secure your spot in the live shows because I see great potential in you from this performance.

Nehemiah:
You can sing of course but I also do feel that there's something that isn't there. Like people can hold a tune yes but not everyone can carry a career.

#JudgesVerdict
Tommy - YES
Aili James - YES
Drake - YES
Nehemiah - NO

Nehemiah: Well, the other judges have put you through, let's see if you prove me wrong at the next stage!
2004 days 1 hour ago
TommyD
05. Fantasia Barrino "Summertime" (Kgamer2218) #Overs

Tommy:
Although I can see the pros of you moving forward, for me this just felt a little on the dull side. It didn't move me like I think it was meant to. I do believe that the last few moments really saved you. I do believe that with the right guidance, you could be pushed in the right direction to make it a lot further.

Aili James:
* throws shoes * GIRL YOU BETTER SANG! This was everything! Your voice, gah! Your performance, gah! Loved it! This song couldn't have fitted your voice any better. Potential front runner here.

Drake:
Like some of the auditions before, I really don’t know how to feel about this. I enjoyed your voices at some points but at the other points I didn’t enjoy your voice. I do enjoy the power your voice has however it sounds like you’re trying to force the note out instead of it coming naturally. I want to see more from you as I’m curious what else you bring, but I’m really on the fence with this one if I’m being quite honest. I hope you can prove you have what it takes because I’m ready to see it.

Nehemiah:
*Standing Ovation* That is how you come in and give a performance showing that you WANT to be here. That was a performance that not only showed you abilities, but I saw your strengths, your weaknesses, I saw you. I saw what you could offer to this competition and that makes me want to see more.

#JudgesVerdict
Tommy - YES
Aili James - YES
Drake - YES
Nehemiah - YES

Tommy: You blew us away! You're off to the next round! *claps*
2004 days ago
TommyD
06. Sia "Cheap Thrills" (aria_grande) #Overs

Tommy:
Sia, I think the competition needs you. You know, it wasn't perfect, but you offer something very different and really bring together the unique aspect of this competition which I love. I hope the other judges see the potential that I see.

Aili James:
There's a nice raspy tone in your voice that makes me like you a lot. Your vocals are out of this world. I love those harmonies. The overs category might be the strongest this year. Really would like to work with the overs.

Drake:
If I’m being completely honest I wasn’t impressed with this performance, knowing you as a performer this wasn’t anything that really got me screaming from my seat saying “yas queen slay me” or something like that. Seeing you from previous seasons I was left disappointed, and I can’t judge on previous seasons, I have to judge on the current audition, and I wasn’t really impressed with this I'm sorry. This was safe and boring, at least the other safe auditions tried small things to keep me interested, this I sadly wasn’t.

Nehemiah:
There is no doubt that you do have an undeniable voice but there is just so much that you can do with your voice that carries you through this competition. That's just how I feel on the matter of the subject.

#JudgesVerdict
Tommy - YES
Aili James - YES
Drake - NO
Nehemiah - NO

Aili James: Im sorry, but you have not made it through! Please come back next season!
2004 days ago
TommyD
07. Ariana Grande "Breathin'" (aria_grande) #Girls

Tommy:
You looked so vulnerable up there on stage and I felt like you really connected with us emotionally. I felt the words and that's all don to your delivery, you control your voice very well and even in an empty space you worked the sage and filled it with your presence. I loved it!

Aili James:
Thank you for singing this song! I'm in love with this song. Your voice is just simply you, no one can sing like Ariana. Ariana it's time for you to make the lives and get the win you deserve. Hope the judges agree with me. thank u, next.

Drake:
This performance was raw, powerful, and very enjoyable. A lot of those notes and runs sent chills down my back. It was honestly one of the most beautiful auditions that I’ve heard, and I just couldn’t help myself from smiling in this performance. I wasn’t even mad at the backing vocals you had towards the middle of the song, because the beginning was so strong and absolutely amazing. Great audition there Ariana, keep this up and you will take the X Factor crown.

Nehemiah:
I feel the same way as with the previous performer, your voice is spectacular but there is something that I feel just makes me feel that week after week you would provide the same performances time after time. I don't see the progress that you'll give in this competition. If the other judges think otherwise then prove me wrong.

#JudgesVerdict
Tommy - YES
Aili James - YES
Drake - YES
Nehemiah - NO

Drake: Way to go! We can't wait to see you again soon!
2004 days ago
TommyD
08. The Chainsmokers "Closer" (aria_grande) #Groups

Tommy:
It was really nice to see you work the stage! Although I don't think the vocal was great, I appreciate that this may have been because of the performance. It will be nice to see you balance this a little if you do progress in the competition. But I liked it!

Aili James:
I like you guys. I really do. But your vocals weren't 100% in this video. It got way better at the chorus. I still like you guys so much and this song always makes me want to dance and go to the beach so thank you.

Drake:
I’m going to be honest with you, I had low expectations going in, but you pleasantly surprised me with this performance. I noticed this softness about your voice that I haven’t really heard in the radio versions of this song that I heard on the radio. It gives me curious thought as to what you could do with this. However don’t rely on the fucking audition to sing the song for you, this is a singing competition you need to be the focus and not the audition. I get you’re trying to put on a show, but you need to focus on winning not the audience. I see some potential in you guys you better not mess it up.

Nehemiah:
I like you guys I really do but there's the whole not seeing the future of your standing in this competition.

#JudgesVerdict
Tommy - YES
Aili James - YES
Drake - YES
Nehemiah - NO

Nehemiah: You have three YES votes, you're staying in the competition well done!
2004 days ago
TommyD
09. Zayn Malik "Dusk Till Dawn" (aria_grande) #Boys

Tommy:
Zayn, it's unfortunate, but I'm not sure what was happening there and in terms of the little vocal I could judge, I didn't think it was up to scratch. I think you need to come back next season with a new song and bring it because there could be some potential in you.

Aili James:
Um? what was this? I really wish you sent a proper video because you have so much talent and I blame AriaGrande for not posting a proper video. Based on this, I can't say much.

Drake:
Okay I’m going to keep this short and sweet, this isn’t a live full performance, this is just a supercut of him performing the song. The quality on the majority them aren’t the greatest either, so uh… next?

#JudgesVerdict
Tommy - NO
Aili James - NO
Drake - NO
Nehemiah - YES

Tommy: I'm really sorry Zayn, you're not moving forward.
2004 days ago
TommyD
10. Austin Mahone "What About Love" (carlyjordan14) #Boys

Tommy:
I liked the performance element, it looked good and although I wasn't completely sold on the vocal, I can see a hopeful progression in you. I think in terms of an audition, you did enough to get through and it'll be interesting to see what you bring to the table in the six chair challenge.

Aili James:
Oh no! What is this? I'm not a fan. It was giving me backstreet boys vibes. I just don't feel your voice is polished yet. Not a good audition.

Drake:
From all the dancing and moving around, I could tell you were running out of breathe which isn’t a great thing when your trying to impress us with a singing competition…. And not a dancing competition. I see a small amount potential in you though since your voice is peaking my interest but it’s only a small potential. I hope you improve majorly if you make it past this round because I don’t see you going far, but I’m saying yes because I see potential in you.

#JudgesVerdict
Tommy - YES
Aili James - NO
Drake - YES
Nehemiah - NO

Aili James: Austin, I'm really sorry, but you have not made the cut.
2004 days ago
TommyD
11. Alessia Cara "Scars to Your Beautiful" (carlyjordan14) #Girls

Tommy:
It's crazy, at first glance you don't think that you're going to deliver what you just delivered and for me, that was a really controlled and beautiful performance. I loved your tone and you really took control of everything, you complimented the instrumental really well and I honestly really liked that! *claps*

Aili James:
* cries throughout performance and standing ovation * That song gets me every time, the words truly touch my heart. I really hope we get to see more of you. Thank you for this performance.

Drake:
My favorite thing is when artists take their own song and change it so it’s still original and like they rewrote the song. That’s what I enjoy about this, you just completely changed the song to something different then from what I would hear on the radio. I could tell you put your all into this audition, with the rawness and the power of your voice. I’m in absolute love with this audition way to go Alessia.

#JudgesVerdict
Tommy - YES
Aili James - YES
Drake - YES
Nehemiah - YES

Drake: Four YES votes! We are looking forward to seeing you again!
2004 days ago
TommyD
12. Kelly Clarkson "Mr. Know It All" (carlyjordan14) #Overs

Tommy:
*stands and claps*
That was great! I really liked this, loved the jazz vibe and overall I thought it was a really good showcase of you as an artist, I'm already excited to see what more you have to offer. A fabulous end to tonights auditions!

Aili James:
* throws shoes * * dances along and standing ovation * One of my faves song by you Kelly! Kelly your voice is so powerful and I love it. Definitely want to see more of you. I expect to see you in the lives for sure. And if you're not there, these judges are doing something wrong.

Drake:
I really enjoyed the sass you brought to this performance, I also enjoyed the unique twist you put on this song by kinda changing the genre of the original song. It was very jazzy and I liked it alot. It didn’t impress as a lot of the other auditions impressed me, but you don’t need to impress me you just need to show potential, and you definitely have potential to make it far way to go. You may have played it self, but I’m fine with it good job.

#JudgesVerdict
Tommy - YES
Aili James - YES
Drake - YES
Nehemiah - YES

Nehemiah: Kelly, a great end to the auditions today! See you at the Six-Chair Challenge! *claps*
2004 days ago
TommyD
There you have it! We have seen 12 more hopefuls audition for their spot on this seasons X Factor!

Join us tomorrow for the PENULTIMATE auditions episode - where 12 more hopefuls step out in front of the judges for the first time!

Goodnight!
2004 days ago
Kgamer2218
Me after all 4 of my people made it to the next round
https://media1.tenor.com/images/47c75a1ba9808bca7503d8942482f963/tenor.gif

open group

The X Factor Series

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!