This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

[S5] Three-Chair Challenge (Day 1)

Topic » [S5] Three-Chair Challenge..

2416 days 13 hours ago
TommyD
2416 days 12 hours ago
TommyD
Hello and welcome to the first part of a brand new stage, it's The Three-Chair Challenge! Today on The X Factor 5, four acts from each category will in turn sing a killer song, fighting for a seat in the live shows.

Their newly assigned mentors can opt to give them a seat, or eliminate them right after they have performed. However, no act is safe and no act should get too comfortable in a seat as once they are full, and someone better comes along, the mentor has the power to swap out one of the three acts, thus eliminating them from the competition!

It's going to be dramatic and hard on both the contestants and the judges. Let's welcome to the stage, our X Factor 5 judges!
Mentoring the #Over30s - It's Tommy!
Mentoring the #Groups - It's Aili James!
Mentoring the #Boys - It's Drake!
Mentoring the #Girls - It's Nehemiah!

Judges, please take a seat as the Three-Chair Challenge begins!
2416 days 12 hours ago
TommyD
First up, we're giving the power to Drake as four of his #Boys perform! The other three judges will advise Drake on what he should do.
2416 days 12 hours ago
TommyD
01. Joshua Ledat (dlmax365)

Nehemiah: I think Josh has that type of soul that most definitely deserves a chair. I also hope you don't switch him out he just may be a huge factor this season I predict.

Tommy: That was truly outstanding Joshua! I thought it was a little bit risky considering it's become a known fact on this show that Drake hates backing vocalists, but my goodness you put that to one side and you really blew this out the water. We told you to bring your killer song and it really feels like you have! You opened the Three-Chair Challenge in style and those are some killer vocals I will not be forgetting. You absolutely deserve a seat in the live shows!

Aili James: * shakes head in agreement throughout performance and puts hand in the air and sways with the words* WOW JOSHUA! This was extremely beautiful and so soulful. Your voice is truly impeccable, this was  a stunning performance. Your vocals were on point, you were dressed on point. This was a completely stellar performance and if I was Drake, you'' be sitting in that chair all night long!

Drake: Okay so a lot of the notes where you had rasp it just sounded screamy, and it sounded forced which disconnected me from the performance, however I will say you brought the energy and emotion so kudos to you. I think you gave it your all in your performance, but be careful of trying too hard because I don’t like it when you try to everything and anything you can to a song to impress because sometimes only little things can go a long way.
2416 days 12 hours ago
TommyD
Well Drake, it's the first decision of the night, and the decision is all yours - Is Joshuah Ledet getting a seat?

Drake: Ya know I did really enjoy this, I think you need to take a seat so go ahead and get one.

*cheers*

Congratulations Joshuah! Head over and take the first seat of the night!
2416 days 12 hours ago
TommyD
02. Kristian Kostov (rollingderp)

Nehemiah: You can't send him home, he has the youth aspect, a beautiful voice and he's remarkably fresh. This is what we are looking for in the industry and he performs so good.

Tommy: Kristian, you look good! For me, the vocals were not as strong as your previous performances. This song has become huge recently, and you know people really know it inside and out, there were moments where you fell a little flat and it just didn't have the same impact for me as your previous performances. Nehemiah pressed his buzzer for you, so there must be something there.

Aili James: This was a good performance, rather safe. I didn't feel the haunting vibes from this school and the oomph that Hozier has when he does this song. I felt this was just safe, vocals good, but performance didn't move me, I wouldn't know what to do, good luck Drake!

Drake: It seemed you weren’t prepared for this performance because it does sound you were tired, and you couldn’t get to the energy level you wanted. Overall this was an okay performance, I get why Neme hit his buzzer for you during boot camp however I feel like this was a huge step down from last performance, and I’m left disappointed, it also seems like you were running out of breathe quickly that cut of the notes quick and awkward, I don’t think you picked that right song.
2416 days 12 hours ago
TommyD
Drake, what is the verdict? Is Kristian getting a chair?

Drake: I’m sorry Kristian, as much as I love you, and your previous performance I’m going to have to send you home, after this performance I don’t think you should sit in one of the chairs.

*boos*

Kristian, I'm sorry, but you have been eliminated from the competition. Give it up one last time for Kristian Kostov!
2416 days 12 hours ago
TommyD
03. Max Schneider (imprincearthur)

Nehemiah: Max I'm very scared for you cause you are performing so early and I'd love to most definitely see in the live shows. Vocals are outta this world and when you sing i actually feel the words and that's something remarkable. Drake don't switch this guy out let him keep the chair. Give him a chair.

Tommy: This felt a lot different to what you have previously given to us and actually I think I preferred this side to you. It felt more honest and it felt more vulnerable. Your vocals were really good, and I believe that with Drake you could really do well in this competition. I really really loved this song choice! Yes, you have had a go at this competition before, but everyone deserves a second shot. Good job and I hope Drake gives you a shot!

Aili James: MAX, MAX, MAX! You just have this thing about you that draws me in and I believe every word you say, you a true singer, you sing from your heart and it's truly wonderful to watch. This was a great performance, without a doubt, you deserve a seat! I will be shocked if you don't make it as Drake's top 3 boys.

Drake: Dude this was amazing, I felt the emotion and energy you were giving the song, you have excellent control of your voice, I feel like you could try to make the song a bit more special by making it your own, however this was really well down and I’m so happy you did this good job.
2416 days 12 hours ago
TommyD
Drake, will Max be taking a seat next to Joshua?

Drake: Max is obvious what I’m going to say, take a chair you deserve it!

*cheers*

Max Schneider takes the second seat in Drake's top 3! *claps*
2416 days 12 hours ago
TommyD
04. Brian Justin Crum (DrG2)

Nehemiah: No doubt that you have a strong voice Brian. I don't know if you'd get boring that's my personal concern. You seem like you can get boring cause you have a strong voice but you've only showcased that voice with these slow build up songs.

Tommy: Brian, you scored the highest in bootcamp this season, and I think all series if I remember rightly and there's a reason for that, you're amazing! Hearing your voice is pure bliss! I think you need a little direction in terms of picking out the right song and giving the judges what they want to see, but the vocals are for sure there and with Drake's help I'm sure you could do well in the live shows. Good luck!

Aili James: Brian, Brian, Justin. You were my favourite of the boys coming to the 3 chair challenge, but I must admit this song choice is going to bite you in your cute ass. Cause this didn't get to showcase your vocals as great as it has been in the past. But Drake, I believe you should take a chance with him! He's got star potential!

Drake: Okay you were pitchy on the high note in the beginning, I also feel like you need better camera quality/mic quality so it can register your voice better. You really need to watch those pitches because you burst out the high notes you go pitchy so I suggest don’t try to force them out. I honestly could tell the emotion in your voice, just please getting better quality everything so I can hear that voice more clearer.
2416 days 12 hours ago
TommyD
There's just one spare chair remaining Drake, is Brian going to get it?

Drake: Brian even though there were some kinks in your performance I feel like you deserve a chair so go ahead and take a seat.

*cheers*

Well done Brian! You got a seat, for now, in Drake's Top 3! *claps*
2416 days 12 hours ago
TommyD
So, all Drake's seats are full and he still has four more acts to perform, if he likes someone better he can now swap them with either Joshua Ledet, Max Schneider or Brian Justin Crum. Tune in tomorrow to see the rest of the #Boys perform! Thank you Drake!

The power is now shifted to Nehemiah, as he takes control with the #Girls

*claps*
2416 days 12 hours ago
TommyD
05. Christina Marie (dlmax365)

Tommy: This was a good performance, I thought at times it got a little 'screamy', so that's something to watch in future performances, but I feel like with the auditions and bootcamp performance, you have really left your mark on this competition and you can do well. I'm not entirely sure I'm sold on whether or not you should be in the lives, but that's not for me to decide.

Aili James: I felt you started off great but throughout the performance you lost yourself, you're a really good singer but I don't know if you're good enough for this season, a couple of seasons ago, you would be great, but this season I don't know. Good luck Nehemiah.

Drake: Now I feel like you were holding back until you got the chorus, the verses and bridge and all that were kinda dull and boring for me and it didn’t excite me however when you got to the chorus I felt everything you holding back on us, if you are able to transcend that to the whole song I would be amazed and blown away but i'm left with a frown wanting to see a little bit more of what you could do. In my opinion you should give her a chair since I do see potential.

Nehemiah: I'm gonna be honest out of all the performers we have this season I truly did not remember you. But then you come out and perform like that like GOD. This is how you perform a killer performance btw cause no only are you aiming for that chair but you want to stay there and at this moment I don't see anyone I can switch anyone out that'll top this performance. Well done Christina really well done. Perform like this in the live shows and I can see you winning this whole thing.
2416 days 12 hours ago
TommyD
Well Nehemiah, it's decision time - will Christina be getting a seat?

Nehemiah: Hell yeah she's getting a chair!!

*claps*

Well done Christina Marie! Go ahead and take a seat in Nehemiah's first seat!
2416 days 12 hours ago
TommyD
06. Alessia Cara (waf_)

Tommy: Alessia, I really really really liked this! It just proves that you don't have to come out here screaming and throwing glitter for us to really listen and hear how damn good you are. I think your vocals are second to none, and I think a lot of people would support you throughout the live shows. Good luck!

Aili James: This was such a pure and innocent cover of Stitches. I loved every bit of it and I adore you! I feel you definitely deserve a spot in Nehemiah's top 3! You are a diverse contestant with a voice that can touch people's hearts. Nehemiah, you know what to do!

Drake: This was boring, like I get you were trying to make the song your own and I applaud you for doing so but girl you need to put more energy in it. You were completely disconnected to the song which disconnected me from the performance. I think had you put more into it I would enjoy this a lot more than I actually did. I don’t know if this performance is worth a chair to be honest, I know the potential you have but I also know this was not a great performance in my eyes.

Nehemiah: Key point of this new challenge is to perform a KILLER performance and Alessia this was not KILLER. It was very mellow and sweet and I wanted to see that oomph that fire power. Now I may be biased seeing you had to go right after that amazing performance by Christina but I just wasn't like wowed.
2416 days 12 hours ago
TommyD
Nehemiah, does Alessia deserve a seat in your potential top 3?

Nehemiah: I want to send you through cause I know your voice is very talented but I can't help but think I am gonna switch you out sooner than later. I only get 3 people. Better to do it now thank you for performing your best and I want to see you back next season but today it's a no.

*boos*

Ouch! Alessia, I'm sorry, but you have been eliminated from the competition. Give it up for Alessia Cara! *claps*

open group

The X Factor Series

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!