This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

[S5] Auditions (Day 5)

Topic » [S5] Auditions (Day 5)

2423 days 1 hour ago
TommyD
Hello and welcome back to The X Factor: Five!

Tonight, we are in London searching for some singing talent that could have the potential to make it all the way. They will be auditioning in one of four categories; The Boys, The Girls, The Over 30's and the Groups! Each hopeful needs at least 3 YES votes to make it to bootcamp!

The judges Tommy, Aili James, Drake and Nehemiah are about to take their seats so let's take a look at who is first to audition!
2423 days 1 hour ago
TommyD
01. Ariana Grande (joaogdh)

Tommy: Honestly, I feel like you would have benefitted more from a audition that didn't involve you getting breathless, I thought that although you're an amazing vocalist, you got a little lazy towards the end of bars and wouldn't finish off the note. You brought the crowd to life, but for me it wasn't great.

Aili James: BANG BANG BANG, IT'S A YES FROM ME! This was so badass, I'm looking forward to seeing you at bootcamp, let's hope you give us EVERYDAY ;)!

Drake: Take away that damn backing track for fuck sake, it ruined a lot of the performance for me, plus it did not do you justice doing a duet, I would like a song that is a mostly a solo song which help you out a bunch. I could tell you were pitchy on a few notes, however I hear potential on your voice so good luck.

Nehemiah: What I admire is that you didn't let the backtrack fill in for you, you continued singing and that's something people don't let happen. Because of that I most definitely put this audition as one of the best we seen.

#JudgesVerdict
Tommy - No
Aili James - Yes
Drake - Yes
Nehemiah - Yes

Tommy: Well done Ariana, you're making it to bootcamp! *smiles*
2423 days 1 hour ago
TommyD
02. Alessia Cara (waf_)

Tommy: It was okay for me, it wasn't a stand out audition. I see potential in you, but I just felt like I wanted a little bit more! You have edge and you have uniqueness, you just need to hone in on delivering vocals that really connect and hit us. That doesn't mean they have to be emotional, they just have to make us sit up and listen.

Aili James: Wow. Your voice is soothing and so emotional, gosh I love you so much! You're so precious! I can see you in the finals. And this performance, was so breath taking, beautiful.

Drake: It seemed like you were speaking a lot of your words when you should have been singing, I see potential however it seemed like you were running out of breathe fast and this was decent at best. I kinda wish that you did something a little more then just speak the lyrics however I will give you a shot.

Nehemiah: This was beautiful and had such a nice meaning to it and though vocals at points could've been more together I think you did this justice.

#JudgesVerdict
Tommy - Yes
Aili James - Yes
Drake - Yes
Nehemiah - Yes

Aili James: Well done sweetie, you're off to bootcamp!
2423 days 1 hour ago
TommyD
03. Lana Del Rey (waf_)

Tommy: I really, really, really, like your voice! In my five seasons on this show, I have never heard a voice so individual in that dynamic. It was soft, but harsh at the same time which is really hard to do well. You really kind of represent what I love in music and what I love about this show and I would love to see you do well in this competition this season!

Aili James: Your voice is so daunting, it gave me chills. You're so different and unique and I absolutely adore you!

Drake: This was very safe, and for an audition that's okay however I’m warning you to pick it up fast because if you continue this trend you will not make the live shows with the amount of talent we have this season. However this was very stripped back and relax and very well done so there is that, way to go Lana.

Nehemiah: This was haunting and in a good way. You capture the silence and turn it into music and I thoroughly enjoyed this.

#JudgesVerdict
Tommy - Yes
Aili James - Yes
Drake - Yes
Nehemiah - Yes

Drake: Lana, we will see you again at bootcamp!
2423 days 1 hour ago
TommyD
04. Bruno Mars (DrG2)

Tommy: Hmm.. For me this didn't feel like a strong audition to start of with, but it did get better and I think you showcased your voice well to us which is what an audition is all about. For me personally, it isn't my thing, but I can recognise that you have bags full of potential and I'd love to see that take flight.

Aili James: I didn't like this performance, sorry.

Drake: Okay on a few notes you went flat, so that took away from the performance for me however the beginning was very strong, and I enjoyed hearing your voice. Careful of the runs on a lot of the notes too many notes can ruin it. Also get rid of the background singers when you got them because they literally ruined it for me. Overall not a bad audition but it wasn’t good.

Nehemiah: The vocals in this song though. *Fans himself* This was perfect audition Bruno

#JudgesVerdict
Tommy - Yes
Aili James - No
Drake - Yes
Nehemiah - Yes

Nehemiah: *continues to fan self* Bruno, you're off to bootcamp!
2423 days 1 hour ago
TommyD
05. Brian Justin Crum (DrG2)

Tommy: I think this may have been one of my favourite auditions this season. It's such a hard song to master, but you never really tried to get ahead of it, you just took it at your pace, your capabilities and it sounded really good. Artists like you really excite me on this show!

Aili James: *standing ovation* OMG WHAAAATT ??? You're a vocal powerhouse, there's like an older soul lady in you & I mean that in the nicest way! This was amazing! Loved it, I want the boys now!

Drake: Okay this was really good, and I really enjoyed this performance, however I will say watch out for the screamy notes since it was really difficult to get them without sounding like you’re in screamo. Overall I did enjoy this and you deserved that standing ovation way to go.

Nehemiah: There was a lot of technical issues in this performance but the vocals showed their is something there for sure.

#JudgesVerdict
Tommy - Yes
Aili James - Yes
Drake - Yes
Nehemiah - No

Tommy: Well done! Amazing! You're off to bootcamp!
2423 days 1 hour ago
TommyD
06. Ruth B (DrG2)

Tommy: An absolutely stunning audition Ruth! I loved it from start to finish. The tone of your voice is captivating and I feel like with more performances like this you could really do well this season! Way to go!

Aili James: I loved how you stripped this song back, it was from the heart and I felt every word you're saying! The talent this year is tremendous!

Drake: This was so beautiful, oh my god I think this brought a tear to my eye. I never expected a song like this could be stripped down, and turn into a beautiful ballad. I literally have no words negative about this only props to you Ruth. You literally brought this song into the new meaning, I just can’t say anything else way to go.

Nehemiah: You have this voice Ruth that took me back for a sec. I love the rendition of this very much.

#JudgesVerdict
Tommy - Yes
Aili James - Yes
Drake - Yes
Nehemiah - Yes

Aili James: Ruth, you're off to bootcamp!
2423 days 1 hour ago
TommyD
07. Rylan (iDarryn)

Tommy: Well Rylan, you bought the fun, but you failed to sell the vocals. You're a great performance artist, but for me this is about the whole thing and I thought the vocals weren't up to scratch today.

Aili James: *dances* You're different and I love it so so much! You're what we need! You're pure entertainment and can sing so well!

Drake: This is the worst audition I’ve seen this season so far, good god it sounds like you are tone deaf, I don’t understand what people see in you. This was honestly really bad in my opinion because everything was just off I’m so sorry.

Nehemiah: I think you are more an entertainment value that this show doesn't need. Your voice isn't unique, theres nothing strong about this performance, I don't even know what this mess was.

#JudgesVerdict
Tommy - No
Aili James - Yes
Drake - No
Nehemiah - No

Drake: Sorry Rylan, it's a no today.
2423 days 1 hour ago
TommyD
08. Saara Aalto (iDarryn)

Tommy: A hard hard song, but you carried it off really well! I loved everything about this, it was captivating and you kept me right through to the end. I feel like there's more to come from you and I want to see it.

Aili James: WE HAVE A WINNER BABY! PERFECTION.

Drake: It seems like nerves had an effect on your voice because it was shaky however it was a powerful performance, and I could feel the emotion from this performance. I will say watch the pitches of the higher notes, and try not to sound screamy because you may have forced one of the higher notes which made it screamy. Overall though good job

Nehemiah: You have a strong and interesting voice Saara. This was a powerful ballad and risky for an audition but going risky for an audition is admirable.

#JudgesVerdict
Tommy - Yes
Aili James - Yes
Drake - Yes
Nehemiah - Yes

Nehemiah: Well done darling! 4 Yes' - you're off to bootcamp!
2423 days 1 hour ago
TommyD
09. Four of Diamonds (iDarryn)

Tommy: For me, it wasn't incredible and it needed a lot of work, but one thing I believed in was your conviction of the song. I thought it was beautiful, it was like you were really fighting for a place in this competition, but like I said, everything else just wasn't up to scratch in my opinion. Hopefully with some guidance, that could change.

Aili James: Girls, I loved this. This was such a beautiful song and you girls sang it so well. You with the red top and black hair, you're amazing.

Drake: Your harmonies are really amazing, I can tell you girls work hard on it which I’m so glad you do. Each of your voices are very unique and I could hear the power that each of you have. I’m honestly enjoying this performance, and you should be proud of this audition way to go!

Nehemiah: I didn't like this. Something felt off

#JudgesVerdict
Tommy - Yes
Aili James - Yes
Drake - Yes
Nehemiah - No

Tommy: Girls, you're off to bootcamp!
2423 days 1 hour ago
TommyD
10. Girls Aloud (CindyL)

Tommy: You girls looked like you had loads of fun up there and I was having fun too. The vocals were not bad, but I think they for sure need to be worked on. There's a lot of room for improvement and I think if you do make it moving forward, you're going to have to really work for a place.

Aili James: It's good to see you girls again. I felt like y'all were a bit tired when singing but there is some potential, I think next performance, don't focus on the theatrics of the performance but rather the voice.

Drake: Oh god a lot of you girls were way off key, I did not really enjoy it it was very basic, and that you were out of breathe from all the dancing that hurt you a lot. It just sounded like you were screaming the notes trying to get them out so like I don’t know what happened. I’m sorry girls.

Nehemiah: This didn't give me anything to like.

#JudgesVerdict
Tommy - Yes
Aili James - Yes
Drake - No
Nehemiah - No

Aili James: Sorry girls, it just wasn't enough today.
2423 days 1 hour ago
TommyD
11. Andrea Faustini (CindyL)

Tommy: I liked this a lot, it was very raw. I thought you were trying a bit too hard at one point, but your deliverance of the song was good. I'd love to see you singing to some more music, giving us some X Factor performances. Well done!

Aili James: ANDREA, ANDREA, ANDREA! I BOW DOWN TO YOU.

Drake: Okay watch out for the voice cracks, you need to control your voice a little bit better because you sounded like a teenager going through puberty. Did that ruin this performance? Hell to the no, you just need more control and I actually really enjoyed this, I see so much potential so way to go!

Nehemiah: Very nice showcase of the runs, tone, and projection of your voice. I was very impressed.

#JudgesVerdict
Tommy - Yes
Aili James - Yes
Drake - Yes
Nehemiah - Yes

Drake: Look at you go! You're off to bootcamp! *claps*
2423 days 1 hour ago
TommyD
12. Panic! At the Disco (imprincearthur)

Tommy: I loved this! I really digged it and I didn't think I was going to! I already want to see more and I think that's the affect you're going to have on us here. You left me wanting more. You're going to be identifiable moving forward because there isn't a group similar to you and I'd love to see you do well!

Aili James: I like this. I dig this.

Drake: I’m digging this acoustic version of this song, I feel like you were too high for the key you gave yourself. I see that you tried to make the song your own but you changed it too much that it just wasn’t enjoyable however I do see potential so hopefully you guys can prove me wrong.

Nehemiah: Brendon you voice is just so unique in its own way and it is so powerful and strong. I think you are made for this show. This is your season to shine hopefully. I want to see more of you.

#JudgesVerdict
Tommy - Yes
Aili James - Yes
Drake - Yes
Nehemiah - Yes

Nehemiah: Congratulations! You're going to bootcamp!
2423 days 1 hour ago
TommyD
That's all we have time for tonight at The X Factor, but tune in tomorrow as the LAST FEW HOPEFULS take to the stage to convince our judges they are what they're looking for, plus bootcamp begins!

From all of us here, goodnight!
2423 days 1 hour ago
joaogdh
thank you!! btw my two acts passed to bootcamp!!
2423 days ago
TommyD
Well done!

open group

The X Factor Series

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!