This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

[S4] Auditions (Day 4)

Topic » [S4] Auditions (Day 4)

2454 days 11 hours ago
TommyD
2454 days 11 hours ago
TommyD
Tommy: Hello and welcome back to The X Factor! The music contest that is on the constant search to build its vocal hall of fame! Who can join the likes of The Script, Adele and Sam Tsui?

Tommy: Well today, we are here in Belfast, Northern Ireland, will our winner be auditioning today? The judges have just taken their seats, let’s find out!
2454 days 11 hours ago
TommyD
01.         Rodrigo Severino (rodrigueseve) #Boys

Tommy: Judges, what did you think?

Aili James: I appreciate that you auditioned as yourself but it just didn't do it for me, so sorry :(. You had some good moments, but it just wasn't enough. I feel like you ran out of breath sometimes.

Brandon: Rodrigo, I unfortunately didn't enjoy this performance at all. There was several moments in this performance where your vocals weren't good. There was several pitch problems and in all this song wasn't for you and it's no do overs here so.

Drake: Honestly you were off key, I suggest you not do it acapella because sometimes the backing track really does help because it gets you on keep. A lot of those notes were flat, you sounded like you were tired so it also impacted you being flat.

Nehemiah: You better sing boy you better sing!!

-

Tommy: And what’s the verdict?

#JudgesVerdict
Aili James – No from me.
Nehemiah – I’m actually going to say YES!
Drake – It’s a no from me, sorry.
Brandon – It’s a NO from me also, sorry Rodrigo.

-

Tommy: Rodrigo hasn’t made it onto the show, but what an accomplishment he has achieved today!
2454 days 11 hours ago
TommyD
Next up, can our next hopeful make it through?

02.         P!nk (rodrigueseve) #Over30s

Tommy: Judges?

Aili James: You have such a cool presence when you sing. Your voice is good and this song was rather emotional, and you handled it well.

Brandon: I think you have very strong vocals, your voice is very powerful and I wanna see what else your capable or pulling off here.

Drake: Okay so the music was a bit overbearing for you however it wasn't that overbearing thankfully. You brought the emotion however I feel like your energy needed a little bit more. I would also suggest getting rid of the background singers because they sometimes overpower you which was not a good thing since the focus is on you. However I enjoyed this performance so good job!

Nehemiah: I love the punk rock in your voice it gives edge to when you sing and I was really jamming to this so that's big points for me.

-

Tommy: Well done P!nk, let’s see if you have made it through.

#JudgesVerdict
Aili James – YES!
Brandon – It’s a YES!
Nehemiah – I’m saying YES!
Drake – Four YES’ well done, you’re off to bootcamp!

-

Tommy: Woo! 4 YES’ – We will be seeing P!nk again very soon!
2454 days 11 hours ago
TommyD
The groups haven’t been as strong as previous, can this next group change that?

03.         Blackpink (rodrigueseve) #Groups

Aili James: * dances throughout the performance * Yes you girls slayed it! Loved this so much!

Brandon: I was debating in my brain yes or no, as the performance went on I began to think wow they may have a chance and potential to go far here.

Drake: This was very different and very interesting. I absolutely loved this group, you guys harmonized well and it just sounded all right. I wish you picked a more dynamic song so I can truly see your vocal range however I'm not going to judge on that overall it's a great performance and I can't wait to see more of you.

Nehemiah:
http://cdn1.theodysseyonline.com/files/2015/07/12/635722798071900472126341932_raven-s-dance-o.gif
I did not see that coming from you girls. Legit I love being shocked and y'all shocked me.

-

Tommy: Let’s take a look at the verdict!

#JudgesVerdict
Aili James – YES!
Brandon – It’s also a YES from me.
Drake – I’m saying YES!
Nehemiah – Well done girls, 4 YES votes, you’re off to bootcamp!

-

Tommy: Blackpink show us just what the groups can be capable of!
2454 days 11 hours ago
TommyD
Can this next girl bring it to the arena?

04.         Raon Lee (epicwafflez23) #Girls

Tommy: What did the judges think?

Aili James: Your smile is so sweet! I don't know what you're saying but it just sounds so powerful, you sing it with so much emotional. I was reading the subtitles and this song is goods. Good job.

Brandon: I believe I remember you!! I think there was several areas where it wasn't singing it was more screaming. I also can't speak Chinese unfortunately so I couldn't understand what exactly you were saying so yeah I'm sure my decisions very obvious.

Drake: You sound like a singer from an anime intro video, not trying to be offensive but this just reminds me that. I would try to cut back from the backing vocals, your voice is actually really good, and I enjoyed this performance. You maybe foreign but I don't care because this was a good song to do and it showed your vocal range. Good job Raon I hope to see more of you in the future,

Nehemiah: I did not like this

-

Tommy: Mixed comments, let’s see what the verdict is..

#JudgesVerdict
Aili James – It’s a YES!
Drake – I’m saying YES!
Brandon – It’s a NO from me.
Nehemiah – I have to agree with Brandon, it’s a NO. Sorry.

-

Tommy: Raon unfortunately has not made it through, but let’s hope she comes back next season!
2454 days 11 hours ago
TommyD
Tommy: She’s a legend of drag, can she become the queen of the arena?

05.         RuPaul (epicwafflez23) #Over30s

Aili James: I felt like you were just talking. Not impressive, the singing parts weren't great.

Brandon: I didn't really enjoy your vocals Ru, I don't think there was vocals at all in the performance it was more talking and twirling then singing and I'm not sure how far you'd go with which ever category they choose to place you in so yeah my choice is very obvious maybe the other judges saw something that I didn't see but yeah it's very clear.

Drake: A lot of of the notes in this performance were very flat, I could see the energy from this performance but it just got very karaoke after a while. I really have nothing else to say because I just don't feel like you fit in this competition well.

Nehemiah: You're good but are you X Factor good? We'll see

-

Tommy: The verdict is is

#JudgesVerdict
Drake – I’m saying NO, sorry.
Nehemiah – I’m also saying NO.
Brandon – Sorry it’s a NO.
Aili James – I’m also saying NO, sorry.

-

Tommy: RuPaul fails to impress the judges, give it up for RuPaul!
2454 days 11 hours ago
TommyD
Tommy: Let’s keep our fingers crossed as the next hopeful takes to the stage

06.         Cyua (epicwafflez23) #Groups

Aili James: I like how you sound, it's different, almost sounds unreal. It's unique, but will the public like you ? I don't care, cause I like you!

Brandon: I couldn't really hear your singing that well in this presentation, it was more of the orchestra then you actually singing.

Drake: Your voice is so hypnotizing it's beautiful in my opinion. You could have increased your energy level a bit however I enjoyed this performance and I see a huge amount of potential with how beautiful your voice is.

Nehemiah: No offense to you but this was an horrible audition choice. Try again next season.

-

Tommy: The verdict?

#JudgesVerdict
Aili James – It’s a YES form me!
Nehemiah – I’m saying NO, sorry!
Drake – It’s a YES from me!
Brandon – It’s a NO from me!

-

Tommy: Oh no! Cyua just miss out on a place at bootcamp!
2454 days 11 hours ago
TommyD
Tommy: Can the boys do any better?

07.         Alex Aiono (MIchelle990) #Boys

Aili James: For a first audition, this was good. I just hope in the future weeks, you don't tend to stick with the current music, cause I want to see diversity.

Brandon: Alex, your different and I actually like it. I think vocally your phenomenal and overall you did a great job singing. I do in the future want to see you do an acoustic without all of the equipment, that'll be very fulfilling to see.

Drake: This was a very good mash-up and you showed everything I like about a performance. There was a bit auto tune here which you should cut out however it didn't take away from the performance. The first note was a bit flat, but you quickly got back on track. Good job Alex!

Nehemiah: I am not the biggest fan of this song but your voice actually fit so well into this song and I kinda digged it. Good job.

-

Tommy: Let’s see what the verdict is Alex

#JudgesVerdict
Drake – It’s a YES from me.
Brandon – I’m saying YES!
Nehemiah – It’s a YES!
Aili James – Alex, four YES’ you’re off to bootcamp!

-

Tommy: Alex joins the successful acts on their way to bootcamp!
2454 days 11 hours ago
TommyD
Tommy: Next up is British born…

08.         Louisa Johnson (melindaMrskk) #Girls

Tommy: Judges? What did you think?

Aili James: WOW. Your voice is so mature and when you sing it's captivating, overall such a great first audition. Keep it up!

Brandon: Louisa for you to be so young and have such a mature voice is amazing. Vocally you did a great job singing and from start to finish I enjoyed this performance. Louisa I believe we've got a winner on our hands with you!

Drake: This was very powerful, and so emotional so way to go on that. I could tell nerves did catch up to you in some of the notes which made you sound a bit shaking. I would also be careful of the runs you did in the song because some of them did not sound right and it took away from the song, however great job with this performance.

Nehemiah: You have a very soulful voice indeed but this was an audition in my eyes. It was all over the place and that just shows me you probably aren't that trained and I don't want that risk.

-

Tommy: Well done Louisa, let’s see what the verdict is.

#JudgesVerdict
Aili James – YES!
Nehemiah – I’m saying NO.
Drake – It’s a YES from me!
Brandon –It’s a YES from me well done!

-

Tommy: Louisa successfully makes it through to bootcamp!
2454 days 11 hours ago
TommyD
Tommy: Let’s take a look at who is next..

09.         Yogscast (YogscastBigbrother21)

Aili James: No I'm sorry. Just not my type. Plus this isn't live and I don't like it. It just irks for some reason. Sorry.

Brandon: I couldn't connect with this performance it felt very Disney or Cartoon Network(y). I just overall didn't enjoy this at all.

Drake: I don't even think this was a live performance, I think all performances are supposed to be live not animated. Plus this was not enjoyable in my opinion, and I can't really critique you because I can't seem to find anything that you could fix since it wasn't a live performance.

Nehemiah: I personally found this very interesting. If you go through I want to see some diversity.

-

Tommy: What’s the verdict, judges?

#JudgesVerdict
Aili James – It’s a NO from me.
Nehemiah – I’m saying YES!
Brandon – It’s a NO from me.
Drake – It’s also a NO from me.

-

Tommy: Yogscast fail to make it through this time around!
2454 days 11 hours ago
TommyD
Tommy: Who is up next?

10.         Beyonce (MIchelle990) #Over30s

Aili James: Started off pitchy, wasn't great but had some great moments. Your harmonies are good, you have a good voice. Especially when you say " I ain't thinking about you", but is it good enough to go to bootcamp ? There's some potential.

Brandon: I think your vocals were great throughout this performance Beyoncé, overall you did a good job singing and I believe you have the potential to go very far with the correct guidance.

Drake: The music did over power you a bit Queen B, I don't think is your strongest performance since you it seemed like you were speaking through a majority of the song, and the parts of the song you did sing weren't vocally the best. I'm sorry but I hope next time I see you, that you do better.

Nehemiah: This was horrible quality and did you no justice in an already horrible song choice for an audition.

-

Tommy: Beyonce, do you want to know the verdict? Good luck1

#JudgesVerdict
Aili James – I’m going to say YES!
Drake – it’s a NO from me.
Nehemiah – It’s also a NO from me.

-

Tommy: Beyonce fails to make it through to bootcamp!
2454 days 11 hours ago
TommyD
Tommy: Let’s see if these girls have the x factor!

11.         The Saturdays (MIchelle990) #Groups

Aili James: * dances along to the song * This is just such a cool song, your'll sing it in such a cool way! I like it. Good harmonising.

Brandon: I didn't enjoy this performance from you girl.

Drake: Honestly this was really good, if you make it through you and Little Mix will have a huge battle that's for sure, however I enjoyed the unison voices and the harmonies you guys produced. I think you guys are really good and if you pick a song that fits you right it will be a powerful performance. I just fear the dancing cut you back on a lot things you could do vocally.

Nehemiah: Cringey dance moves but I liked the vocals so you caught my eye there. Good luck if you go through.

-

Tommy: Let’s see what the verdict is..

#JudgesVerdict
Drake – It’s a YES!
Brandon – I’m saying No.
Nehemiah – It’s a YES from me!
Aili James – I’m saying YES, well done!

-

Tommy: The Saturday’s sail through to this weeks bootcamp challenge!
2454 days 11 hours ago
TommyD
Tommy: Last audition of the day, let’s take a look!

12.         Jessie J (MIchelle990) #Girls

Tommy: What did the judges think?

Aili James: YAAASS JESSIE ! *dances* Gosh you slayed it! But you did have a backtrack playing and at times you relied on it, but hey it's just an audition, but for the next rounds, please just be you only singing.

Brandon: Jessie, vocally you did a great job singing.

Drake: Okay first when you tried to hit those high notes you were somewhat pitchy, you are also cutting notes way to early which makes it choppy when it should sound smooth. I don't think you should rely on the backing track as well since it's we're judging on your voice and not your recorded audio. I just didn't enjoy this as much as I should.

Nehemiah: I said this many times today but and I'm gonna say it once more. This was an horrible way to audition why would I want to hear backtrack singing and you singing just the verses but putting extra runs on them. You have a good voice but come on be smart.

-

Tommy: Let’s take a look at the verdict..

#JudgesVerdict
Aili James – It’s a YES
Nehemiah – It’s a NO from me.
Drake – I’m also saying.. NO.

-

Tommy: Jessie J fails to sing for bootcamp! Give it up for her!
2454 days 11 hours ago
TommyD
Tommy: There you have it, we have has 12 more audition tonight, but only FIVE made it through to Bootcamp! The judges are tough!

Alex Aiono (MIchelle990) #Boys

Louisa Johnson (melindaMrskk) #Girls

P!nk (rodrigueseve) #Over30s

Blackpink (rodrigueseve) #Groups
The Saturdays (MIchelle990) #Groups
2454 days 11 hours ago
TommyD
Tommy: Join us tomorrow for the FINAL episode of the auditions and the start of Bootcamp announcement! I’m your host, Tommy. Good day!

open group

The X Factor Series

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!