This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

[S4] Auditions (Day 2)

Topic » [S4] Auditions (Day 2)

2461 days 10 hours ago
TommyD
2461 days 10 hours ago
TommyD
Hello and welcome back to the continuation of the auditions here on The X Factor!

Today we are in the capital on the United Kingdom and home to the queen herself, London!

Here, the hopeful auditionees hope to impress the judges scoring at least three YES’ to make it through to the next stage of the competition: Bootcamp!

Here come the judges, so let the auditions continue!
2461 days 10 hours ago
TommyD
First up is an Essex Boy..

01.         Che Chesterman (JoshBB1999) #Boys

Tommy: Well done Che, let’s see what the judges thought..

Aili James: This is my personal favourite song and I didn't think anyone can kill it besides Jessie J, but you did. Really touches me, this song means so much to me and thank you for singing it, really hit my soul.

Drake: This song is tough to do since it is a Jessie J song and usually Jessie J songs are hard to do but I can say you did pretty much nail the performance. At the beginning it was kinda meh for me I think you went flat a little however when you went to the chorus it blew me away. I would say watch out for the runs and controlling your falsetto more because they take away from the performance but overall good first impression.

Brandon: I think overall this was amazing, vocally you did a great job singing. The high notes just blew me away honestly. Che, you have a great voice and this was great!

Nehemiah: Oh my the soulful voices are very high this season. Che I think you have a very smoothing voice and that falsetto fits you perfect just don't over use it.

-

Tommy: Judges, what’s the decision? Is Che going to Bootcamp?

#JudgesVerdict
Aili James – I’ll start this off with a YES!
Drake – It’s a YES from me!
Brandon – I am also saying YES!
Nehemiah – Congratulations, four YES’ you’re off to bootcamp!

Tommy: Yay! Well done Che, all four judges give you the seal of approval! We’ll see you at bootcamp!
2461 days 10 hours ago
TommyD
With London off to an incredible start, next up is 23-year old..

01.         Ella Eyre (LoveMeLoveMe) #Girls

Tommy: Let’s see what the judges had to say..

Aili James: YAASS this was such a beautiful vocal performance. Your voice is very raw and unique, I like.

Drake: This was like a hill that never went down in a way, like you started really bad no offense because you were off key and you were way too high however you gradually got better and better and you actually gave me something decent at the end. You have such an energy and power in your voice you just need to find tune it and you will be a force, for now though I see potential. Also to help you a bit I would suggest trying to nail the words before you get too deep into a song because you don't want to sound like Rihanna from her song work, because at certain parts of the song you did.

Brandon: Ella, you've got the type of voice that'll catch the audiences attention. I think you sing with so much emotion in your voice and that's amazing. From the second you began singing you caught my attention. Ella, what makes you so unique is that your able to sing and have the audiences attention, it was an artist last season who was a very boring singer and often I lost interest in their performances often. But Ella you have a great voice and I'm very sure your voice will have my attention here in this competition for a very long time. Amazing job!

Nehemiah: Your voice Ella is just so gathered and melodic and you definitely drawned me in tonight. I really hope you go through.

-

Tommy: What’s the verdict?

#JudgesVerdict
Brandon – It’s YES!
Nehemiah – I’m giving you a YES!
Drake – I’m also saying YES!
Aili James – Four YES’ congratulations!

Tommy: YAY! Ella makes it our second artist heading to bootcamp tonight! Well done!
2461 days 10 hours ago
TommyD
Next is 25 year-old English singer-songwriter..

01.         Sam Smith (hellomynameis347) #Boys

Tommy: Judges?

Aili James: Wow.

Drake: This is absolutely beautiful, you took a song that you made and you somehow made it new. That's talent right there, and it sent chills down my spine on how crazy your voice and how amazing it is. I will caution you that you did get overpowered by the backing music at some points which did drown you out however as a whole I enjoyed the performance way to go!

Brandon: *Standing Ovation* Sam, I think you sing with a lot of emotion which is amazing especially when singing a song such as this. Sam, when you sing it's like bringing the audience on a journey through the song. Vocally you are phenomenal and from beginning to end you did a great job singing. When some artist attempt to hit the notes you were hitting in this performance they would often "crack" or in plain terms there voice would give out, but your so gifted your able to hit those notes that tons of male singers can't hit.

Nehemiah: Hello Mr. Sam Smith, seeing that soul is a big factor this season you got some competition boy. Your voice is so different and enchanting and you know how to project it very well.

-

Tommy: Only one thing left to do, it’s the vote!

#JudgesVerdict
Brandon – YES!
Aili James – I’m saying YES!
Nehemiah – YES!
Drake – I’m giving you a YES, welcome to bootcamp!

Tommy: Third full YES vote tonight, Sam is off to bootcamp! Will things stay this positive here is London?
2461 days 10 hours ago
TommyD
Next up it’s 21 year-old…

01.         Birdy (hellomynameis347) #Girls

Tommy: Judges, what did you think?

Aili James: I'm sorry I just didn't like it that much. Not memorable.

Drake: This was an okay performance, I don't think it was great but it wasn't bad. I just didn't felt your energy in the song, I felt the emotion but I didn't feel the energy that you were trying to put off. I know that you were trying but you just didn't get there. It just sounded like someone was using a volume dial on your voice and it really split the song up into parts and not a smooth a clean piece. I will also say be careful of your falsetto because you tend to go off key. I see potential however I would take my critiques into account because it will help you in the long run.

Brandon: Birdy, you have a very unique voice. I think vocally in this performance you did a great job singing.

Nehemiah: Birdy I have heard of you for sure and tonight this was a let down version of this song but i know you and what you're capable of so I'm gonna give you a chance.

-

Tommy: Well has Birdy done enough?

#JudgesVerdict

Drake – YES!
Brandon – It’s a YES!
Aili James – I’m going to say NO, sorry!
Nehemiah – Well, I’m saying YES!

With Nehemiah’s vote, Birdy is on her way to bootcamp! **claps**
2461 days 10 hours ago
TommyD
Next up, he’s tried The Voice, now The X Factor..

01.         Sundance Head (hellomynameis347) #Over30s

Tommy: Judges, what do you think?

Aili James: YASSS I'M A SUCKER FOR COUNTRY!

Drake: I just don't know about this performance, like in my opinion I didn't enjoy it. There were several pitch issues on the notes and it just didn't seem like you couldn't get a smooth momentum going. The only parts I liked were the high notes which were really good. There was also the issue in the ugly vowel sounds, I think those caused a lot of the off key notes so to say because you didn't have a mature sounding vowel sound. There were several issues in my opinion so I'm sorry I didn't enjoy it.

Brandon: I didn't have to listen to this entire performance to say YES! When you hit that note you got my yes. Sundance you are a amazing singer and from start to finish this was phenomenal!

Nehemiah: Oh my i'm over here thinking I hear country from you and you break out soul country music and I'm over here like yes sundance yes.

-

Tommy: Well done Sundance, what’s the verdict?

#JudgesVerdict

Drake – I’m saying NO.
Brandon – It’s a YES from me
Nehemiah – I’m also saying YES!
Aili James – It’s also a YES from me!

Tommy: Well done Sundance, you’re off to bootcamp!
2461 days 10 hours ago
TommyD
Heading into the judges audition arena now is the first group of the night..

06.         Pentatonix (hellomynameis347) #Groups

Tommy: Okay, over to the judges!

Aili James: Your'lls harmonies are really great! Singing needs a bit of working, and stage presence too, it was weird.

Drake: Well done you guys, last year the No'easterners took the acapella group by storm and got 2nd place and I think you guys are here to replace them and perhaps do better than them. I will say try to listen to each other a little bit more to focus on the pitch issues I heard since I caught a few wonky notes from a few of you however this was powerful and beautiful and I am in enjoyment listening to you guys well done!

Brandon: You guys did a great job singing, I really liked your harmonizing and you guys really remind me of last season finalist, The Nor'easter. They made it to the finals, I think if your able to bring performance like this this season you'll be sitting in their spot and possibly win it all!

Nehemiah: Not the song I'd showcase at an audition but not bad.

-

Tommy: Well done Pentatonix, shall we find out the verdict?

#JudgesVerdict

Aili James – YES!
Nehemiah – YES!
Drake – I’m also saying YES!
Brandon – It’s a YES from me, you’re off to Bootcamp!

Tommy: Well done guys, I’ll be seeing you again when the next stage of the competition kicks off!
2461 days 10 hours ago
TommyD
Next up, from the Boys category..

07.         Trent Harmon (dlmax365) #Boys

Tommy: Judges, what did you think?

Aili James: I got the goosebumps! Your voice is so cool, like so refreshing.

Drake: Wow... that's all I can say really is wow. You left me speechless in this performance because it was absolutely beautiful. My only real critique for you is be careful of those runs you did because it took away from the song doing a run on almost every note. Make runs special in the song and highlight certain notes not every other note. Overall though a great job on this performance and it was pretty well thought out.

Brandon: Trent, I think overall you did a good job singing.

Nehemiah: I don't know if this is natural Trent or not but I'm intrigued. I just don't want this to be a trent that is like trying to be a soul singer and just know how. I want you to be the soul singer not be a soul singer.

-

Tommy: And the verdict?

Aili James – YES!
Brandon: I’m saying YES!
Nehemiah – It’s alss a YES from me.
Drake – Congratulations, 4 YES’ you’re through to bootcamp.

Tommy: Well done Trent! You’re moving forward to #Bootcamp!
2461 days 10 hours ago
TommyD
About to make or break, it’s someone representing the girls!

08.         Lauren Murray (dlmax365) #Girls

Tommy: Shall we find out what the judges thought, Lauren?

Aili James: Yes! This was good, some parts were a bit not on par, but overall good job. I see potential.

Drake: That was honestly one of the best performances of the night, your voice is so raw and I could sense the emotion and energy in it that it honestly blew me away. I did not expect you to hit those notes or just bring that much power into it. If this is your audition I am actually worried for your competition because this was just amazing. I don't even have a critique for you so really good job!

Brandon: At first I was a little "ify" but Lauren you have a great voice. Each note was spectacular you did a great job singing from start to finish and you've most definitely have my YES.

Nehemiah: I definitely loved how you set up the arrangement to this. Very good showcase on all sides and this happens to be one of my favorite songs. You killed it.

-

Tommy: Let’s find out the verdict.

Aili James – Yes
Nehemiah – I’m saying YES!
Brandon – YES!
Drake – YES! Well done, you’re off to Bootcamp!

Tommy: Congratulations Lauren, you’re moving forward to bootcamp! **claps**
2461 days 10 hours ago
TommyD
Next she made it big on The Voice, can she make it bigger on our X Factor?

09.         Tessanne Chin (dlmax365) #Over30s

Aili James: I just didn't hit me, like I felt nothing while listening.

Brandon: I couldn't really hear your vocals. But I think you are capable of getting some better technically sounded performances.

Nehemiah: You came in hot today Ms. didn't you. Damn was that good.

Drake: You were awfully quiet when you were performing now I don't know if that was just the production value or just you being quiet but I will about being loud enough so we can hear you. This I feel like this performance needed a little bit more to get it an extra mile if you know what I mean. Like it was good don't get me wrong but if you make it to the next round I want to have you turn the notch up.

-

Tommy: Let’s find out the verdict –

#JudgesVerdict
Aili James – NO! Sorry.
Brandon – I’m saying YES!
Nehemiah – I’m also saying YES!
Drake – It’s a YES from me.

Tommy: Well done Tessanne, you’re off to bootcamp!

-

Tommy: Let’s see who is next…
2461 days 10 hours ago
TommyD
Tommy: Let’s see who is next…

10.         Charlie Puth (SummerRae101)

Aili James: I see potential, but everyone has potential. Nothing new. You tried going lower register and it didn't work. Come back next year!

Brandon: I think vocally your amazing Charlie,from start to finish your vocally were amazing and I really enjoyed them.

Nehemiah: This was very cute but I do feel you are a one station pony on how you sing and I personally don't see the success in the future but I know you will have success in this game if you make live shows.

Drake: You sounded kinda tired for this performance, like you actually wanted to fall asleep after you did this performance which really affected it. However you still made the song your own and that beat boxing segment was a nice touch, just next time don't sound tired because it affects stuff like this big time.

-

#JudgesVerdict
Aili James – No.
Brandon – YES!
Drake – I’m saying YES.
Nehemiah – I’m sorry, but I’m saying NO.

Tommy: Charlie is the first act of the day not to make it through to bootcamp. Let’s hope he returns in the near future!
2461 days 10 hours ago
TommyD
Tommy: Let’s hope this next act can make it through..

11.         Taylor Swift (SummerRae101) #Girls

Aili James: I feel the emotion as you sing. Really touching. You have such a sweet voice.

Brandon: Taylor, I think you did a great job singing. Overall it was a great performance vocally.

Nehemiah: I liked this, it was sweet mellow and your voice was strong when it needed to be and soft when it needed to be. I like that in a singer

Drake: Honestly Taylor it's good to see you auditioned with an older song than the newer ones because I feel like there's something unique with your older songs and having a unique voice for them. This was pretty good, it was emotional and nice, however it wasn't amazing in my opinion, it just felt like a safe option because you kept singing the same 4 or 5 notes which made things get boring pretty fast so I would watch for that also watch for pitch issues, overall this is a solid performance though good job.

-

#JudgesVerdict

Aili James – YES
Brandon – YES!
Nehemiah – I’m also saying YES, well done!
Drake – Another YES from me!

Tommy: We’re back on track and Taylor is through to bootcamp!
2461 days 10 hours ago
TommyD
Last act of the day comes from the boys!

12.         Harry Styles (CHAEL) #Boys

Aili James: Wow. Just wow. How do you do that ?!! Damn, talent ! Chills!!!!!

Brandon: Harry, whether your in a band or alone you didn't fail to deliver greatness. I think vocally you did a great job singing and overall it was pretty good!

Nehemiah: You have a very strong voice no doubt and I am eager to see you journey in this game 100%.

Drake: This didn't really impress me, like it was so repetitive that I was not entertained with it. You're voice is amazing don't get me wrong however it was just boring, plus the most exciting part you had background singers drown you out which is a big no no in my books because we need to focus on your voice and not other people's voice. I will say good job on adjusting your sound when the band played louder but that was one of the only redeeming qualities of this performance in my opinion.

-

#JudgesVerdict
Aili James – YES!
Drake – NO!
Brandon – It’s a YES!
Nehemiah – I’m going to say… YES!

Tommy: Our last act of the day makes it through to bootcamp!
2461 days 10 hours ago
TommyD
Let’s take a look at the acts that have made it through today..

Che Chesterman (JoshBB1999) #Boys
Sam Smith (hellomynameis347) #Boys
Trent Harmon (dlmax365) #Boys
Harry Styles (CHAEL) #Boys

Ella Eyre (LoveMeLoveMe) #Girls
Birdy (hellomynameis347) #Girls
Lauren Murray (dlmax365) #Girls
Taylor Swift (SummerRae101) #Girls

Sundance Head (hellomynameis347) #Over30s
Tessanne Chin (dlmax365) #Over30s

Pentatonix (hellomynameis347) #Groups

*claps*
2461 days 10 hours ago
TommyD
Tommy: That’s all we have time for today! Join us right back here TOMORROW for the next instalment of the auditions. 12 more acts hope to impress our latest judges!

Good day!

open group

The X Factor Series

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!