This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

[S3] Auditions: Charlotte, South Carolina

Topic » [S3] Auditions: Charlotte,..

2486 days 14 hours ago
TommyD
2486 days 14 hours ago
TommyD

Hello and welcome back to The X Factor auditions! Today we are in Charlotte, South Carolina where we have the penultimate day of this seasons auditions! Will our winner be discovered here tonight?

Welcome the judges!
Tommy!
Carly!
Brandon!
and Aria!

The judges are taking their seats, here comes the first hopeful...
2486 days 14 hours ago
TommyD
Agnez Mo (DRG2) “Things Will Get Better” #Over30s

Tommy: Agnez, I could tell you really wanted this and you were really feeling the song and believed in the lyrics which gave conviction to your audition. I think there were a couple of issues, but that’s only me being really picky because I thought this was beautiful and I’m looking forward to hearing more from you. That note close to the end was killer! Good song choice!

Carly: You have a beautiful voice and while you had some pitch issues, you still held your own.

Brandon: I didn't really enjoy this performance, I feel like if I were you I would have brought a stronger vocally sounded performances. Maybe I'm wrong and the judges see something different.

Aria:

#JudgesVerdict
Tommy – Yes!
Carly – YES
Brandon – It’s a NO for now.
Aria – No

Agnez fails to make it through the audition and into bootcamp. Give it up for her!
2486 days 14 hours ago
TommyD
Macklemore and Ryan Lewis (DRG2) “Can’t Hold Us” #Groups

Tommy: Wow, I’m actually really surprised! I thought I was going to hate this, it isn’t my thing at all, but I really appreciated how good this was. It’s good to have diversity in this competition and you really crushed that rapping! I think it would be really exciting to have a duo moving forward in the competition. I was feeling this!

Carly: I like that you’re bringing rap to the show and this was a great audition!

Brandon: I feel like you guys are different and it isn't something you'd normally see but this is for all comers and I'm interested in seeing more from you guys.

Aria:

#JudgesVerdict
Tommy – Yes!
Carly - YES
Brandon – It’s a yes!
Aria - Yes

Macklemore and Ryan make it straight through to Bootcamp, we’ll be seeing them perform once again for our judges soon! **cheers**
2486 days 14 hours ago
TommyD
Jessie J (DRG2) “Thunder” #Girls

Tommy: What can I say other than the girls are really killing it this season. You’re in such a strong category, but I think you have what it takes to go all the way! Your voice was powerful, and I loved that you could tell you were enjoying yourself. The bridge was incredible! Well done!

Carly: Your voice is chilling and so powerful. You have amazing control as well!

Brandon: I feel like you have such great vocal range and an amazing voice it's just perfection, I honestly see you going very far.

Aria:

#JudgesVerdict
Tommy – Yes! Incredible!
Carly – Yes!
Brandon – YES
Aria – Yes

Jessie J steals a spot at this seasons #Bootcamp! Give it up for Jessie J!
2486 days 14 hours ago
TommyD
Leah McFall (UnicornChicken) “Try Again” #Girls

Tommy: Yup, this was suited and tailored to me. Your tone and style is just one of the best I have heard in the 3 seasons of being a judge on this competition. You make it sound so easy and run the notes right till the end with great control. Loved it!

Carly: Very nice cover and I like some of the tones in your voice that makes you unique.

Brandon: I didn't really enjoy this performance unfortunately, I feel like it was a bit here and there.

Aria:

#JudgesVerdict
Tommy – YES!
Carly – YES
Brandon – It’s a NO from me for now.
Aria – No

Leah sadly is eliminated from the competition. Give her a round of applause!
2486 days 14 hours ago
TommyD
Cynthia Erivo (UnicornChicken) “And I Am Telling You” #Over30s

Tommy: Such a hard song to perfect, and at first I was unsure you were actually going to get through it, but my goodness, you proved me wrong and put me back into my chair didn’t you?! It was not up to scratch with the original, but it was so damn near and what an effort to come out here and audition with such a song. Good job, so much passion in your voice!

Carly: And I am telling you, you are going to take this competition by storm!

Brandon: I think you very interesting to listen to and watch perform but it just didn't tempt me that much.

Aria:

#JudgesVerdict
Tommy – Yes!
Carly – YES
Brandon – It’s a NO for now.
Aria – Yes

Cynthia makes it through to Bootcamp! Well done!
2486 days 14 hours ago
TommyD
Ariana Grande (Shabootyquiqui3) “Into You” #Girls

Tommy: Very good, I feel like you have brought the excitement to the auditions here at the x factor. There were a couple of notes that I think were not to your fullest potential, and if that happened down the line it could be your downfall, but for an audition and a first impression. I really enjoyed this! Well done!
Carly: You have such a command of the stage and while you sounded a bit winded, you still came here to give us a show!

Brandon: I feel like your performance was great, it's crazy how you can take your voice to soo many levels and not crack or strain your amazing and this performance was great!

Aria:

#JudgesVerdict
Tommy – Yes!
Carly – YES
Brandon – YES
Aria – Yes

Ariana joins the rest of the successful acts on their way to this seasons bootcamp stage!
2486 days 13 hours ago
TommyD
Francesca Battistelli (hellomynameis347) “Write Your Story” #Over30s

Tommy: Performance aspect was good, vocals for me were not amazing, but there’s for sure something there. I felt like this could have been a very emotionally connecting audition based on the lyrics, but I did not feel that, but there is something there in your voice that I want to hear a little more of.

Carly: I love seeing fresh faces and hearing new voices! This was a great, refreshing performance!

Brandon: Overall your performance was good.

Aria:

#JudgesVerdict
Tommy – It’s a yes! Bring it at Bootcamp girl!
Carly – YES!
Brandon – YES
Aria – Yes

Francesca is over the moon to be making it further in this competition. Let’s give her a round of applause!
2486 days 13 hours ago
TommyD
Us the Duo (hellomynameis347) “No Matter Where You Are” #Groups

Tommy: Together, I thought you guys sounded amazing! The verses were much better than the choruses and the softer moments felt more believable for me, it’s a love story and who does not love a love story. It was almost magical.

Carly: You guys have such chemistry and your voices compliment each other so well!

Brandon: I feel like you guys did a great job and from start to finish this was great!

Aria:

#JudgesVerdict
Tommy – Yes!
Carly – YES
Brandon – It’s a YES!
Aria – Yes

Us the Duo are off to #Bootcamp where they will have to perform once again for the judges! Can they top this audition? Find out soon!
2486 days 13 hours ago
TommyD
Hunter Plake (hellomynameis347) “All I Want” #Boys

Tommy: Hunter, this was good! I wasn’t completely sold until the second half because I felt it lacked a little conviction, but you really ended up delivering and boys like you can for sure take this all the way to the end. Well done!

Carly: This was so pure and beautiful! I’m blown away by your talent.

Brandon: I think overall you did a alright job, I'm sure as you venture through this competition you'd really improve and do amazing.

Aria:

#JudgesVerdict
Tommy – Yes!
Carly – YES
Brandon – YES!
Aria – Yes

Hunter is on the road to success, next stop: Bootcamp!
2486 days 13 hours ago
TommyD
Zayn Malik (KatieHopkins) “It’s You” #Boys

Tommy: Hmm.. I wsn’t really feeling this. It didn’t really give me much, I can for sure see that you have potential, but this as an audition, for me wasn’t a good first impression. It lacked spark, for me.

Carly: It’s you that I will be giving a yes to because your voice is that good!

Brandon: I feel like you have such a great and unique voice as well as your vocal range all of that together is a great masterpiece.

Aria:

#JudgesVerdict
Tommy – It’s a no, sorry.
Carly – YES!
Brandon – YES
Aria – Yes

Despite Tommy’s comments, Zayn is off to Bootcamp where he hopes to impress all  judges!
2486 days 13 hours ago
TommyD
Panic! At The Disco (KatieHopkins) “Bohemian Rhapsody” #Groups

Tommy: This was fantastic! I love it when people come here and cover other songs, and especially a song like this! It was so reminiscent of the original, but in a Panic! At the Disco style, and I love that! Well done!

Carly: This was one of the best covers of this song I’ve ever heard!

Brendon: Brendon, your a true vocalist! Your singing was amazing and it great to hear you singer bass and its great to show you can hit a soprano too. It's great to be versatile in this music industry and your vocals were amazing so great job!

Aria:

#JudgesVerdict
Tommy – YESSSS!
Carly – YES
Brandon – It’s a YES!
Aria – Yes

Panic! At the Disco score there way straight through to the second stage, bootcamp! How will they live up to that audition! Find out soon!
2486 days 13 hours ago
TommyD
Well that's all we have time for today, here in Charlotte! Let's take a look at the acts successfully moving on to Bootcamp from today's show:

BOYS:
Hunter Plake (hellomynameis347)
Zayn Malik (KatieHopkins)

GIRLS:
Jessie J (DRG2)
Ariana Grande (Shabootyquiqui3)

OVER 30S:
Cynthia Erivo (UnicornChicken)
Francesca Battistelli (hellomynameis347)

GROUPS:
Macklemore and Ryan Lewis (DRG2)
Us the Duo (hellomynameis347)
Panic! At The Disco (KatieHopkins)

Well done!
2486 days 13 hours ago
TommyD
From all of us here today, I've been your host, Good day!
2486 days 11 hours ago
UnicornChicken
There's some amazing talent this time around! I'm really happy Cynthia made it through, she's gonna tear through this competition, just you wait. It's a shame Leah just missed out, she had a lot to bring to the table too.

open group

The X Factor Series

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!