This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

[S3] Auditions: Birmingham, Alabama

Topic » [S3] Auditions: Birmingham,..

2485 days 8 hours ago
TommyD
2485 days 8 hours ago
TommyD

Good day and welcome to the second day of this seasons auditions! Today we are in Birmingham, Alabama where the judges are hoping to find the next singing superstar!

Let's welcome your judges!
Tommy!
Carly!
Brandon!
Aria!

As the judges prepare to take a seat, the first act waits nervously back stage..
2485 days 8 hours ago
TommyD
Matt Terry (boozes) “Stand By Me” #Boys

Tommy: Matt, I thought this was a very solid audition. I love the rawness and roughness of your voice, it makes you even more beautiful. You’re the type of act that you want to get to know more and see where you musically go. The high note was perfect, and I feel like the performance got better and better! Can’t wait to see what more you have!

Carly: Not only are you pretty to look at, you have such a beautiful voice!

Brandon: really enjoyed this performance and vocally you did great

Aria: i love your notes and you keep the long notes strong and dont weaken at any times

#JudgesVerdict
Tommy – Yes!
Carly – It’s a YES!
Brandon – It’s a YES from me.
Aria – I have to say yes!

Well with 4 YES’ Matt has is the first act of the day sailing straight through to #Bootcamp! Well done Matt!
2485 days 8 hours ago
TommyD
Louisa Johnson (boozes) “Who’s Loving You” #Girls

Tommy: WOW! Louisa, I can’t believe that old school voice just came out of you! That was incredible! Louisa, I actually pictured you singing this, standing in our season finale, about to be announced the winner. It really was winner-worthy! I can’t wait to see more of a performance from you! Well done!

Carly: That opening note had me sold! This was so good!

Brandon: I just couldn't connect with this all together

Aria: That powerful note hasa just won me over. I dont like the song but now you have made me like it

#JudgesVerdict
Tommy – Yes!
Carly – 100% YES!
Brandon – Sorry it’s a no.
Aria – It’s not a no, it’s a YES!

Louisa makes it through despite Brandon’s vote. We will see if she can win him over at the next stage of the competition!
2485 days 8 hours ago
TommyD
Sam Bailey (boozes) “The Power of Love” #Over30s

One of my favourite songs and you did really well. I think there was a little lacking in the department of superstar quality, but as this is the auditions, I thought your voice was incredible. You owned the stage. Well done!

Carly: You will be underestimated based on your appearance, but you have such an amazingly strong voice!

Brandon: I think overall this was great it definitely shocked me and wasn't what I was expecting

Aria: I liked it went you started but then it went dull. If we do put you through today you need to make the energy flow through the song.

#JudgesVerdict
Tommy – It’s a YES!
Carly – For me, it’s a YES!
Brandon – It’s a YES from me.
Aria – I have to say no sorry.

Sam makes it through to Bootcamp and we will be seeing her sing once again! Well done Sam!
2485 days 8 hours ago
TommyD
Love Live (epicwafflez23) “Start” #Groups

Tommy: Although this was a lot of fun, it was hard to build a strong connection with you and I couldn’t tell whether you were actually as good as the level that is being shown at the auditions this season.

Carly: This was cute, but wasn’t my cup of tea.

Brandon: This performance was a bit all over the place, I think you guys could take my creative criticism and do a lot better

Aria: i dont think you are right for this show.

#JudgesVerdict
Tommy – I’m going to have to say no this time.
Carly – It’s a no from me.
Brandon – I’m just going to just say no.
Aria – I have to say no.

Unfortunately Love Live fail to impress any of the judges and won’t be moving forward in the show, but give them a round of applause!
2485 days 8 hours ago
TommyD
Gloria Gaynor (epicwafflez23) “I Will Survive” #Over30s

Tommy: Last season, we had so many strong Over 30’s from decades ago, and I feel like this season could be just as strong and it’s something that should be represented. I liked the vocals, I think you could progress and develop quite well.

Carly: Yass, queen! This is how you come out here and show these young ones how it’s done!

Brandon: I didn't entirely enjoy this performance and so unfortunately its a NO go for me.

Aria: I like your voice

#JudgesVerdict
Tommy – Yes!
Carly – YES!
Brandon – It’s a NO from me.
Aria – Yes!

Gloria makes it through to the second stage of the competition! Give it up for Gloria!
2485 days 8 hours ago
TommyD
Sam Tsui (spinfur) “There’s Nothing Holdin’ Me Back” #Boys

Tommy: Gosh, I wish I had a boy like you on my team last season, in fact Shawn Mendes made it as last seasons runner-up. I liked the voice, I think you’re going to be a strong competitor, and I want to see more from you. I love the softer sides to your performances. Good job!

Carly: You have one the purest voices I’ve heard and this was a great cover!

Brandon: I think vocally your very unique, I really like how you sing with such emotion that's absolutely amazing to be able to do so yeah great job

Aria: You have made the song too slow to get any emotion out.

#JudgesVerdict
Tommy – Yes of course!
Carly – For me, it’s a YES!
Brandon – It’s a YES from me!
Aria – I have to say no.

Sam Tsui makes it onto the show! We will see him again at #Bootcamp! Give it up for Sam!
2485 days 8 hours ago
TommyD
Savannah Outen (Spinfur) “What Now” #Girls

Tommy: I thought this was good, I think you need to be a little tighter on control especially in the choruses, there’s a fine line between singing loudly, letting go and screaming. You’re the type of artist that gets me excited about judging a show like this and I want to see more. Bootcamp it going to be tough if you make it, but I’m hoping you bring it!

Carly: Beautiful vocals and overall stunning audition.

Brandon: I really enjoyed this performance entirely this was very much standing ovation worthy

Aria: wow you have the image and the voice

#JudgesVerdict
Tommy – I’m going to say yes!
Carly – YES!
Branodon – It’s a huge YES from me!
Aria – Yes Yes Yes!

Savannah makes it through to bootcamp, we will be seeing her perform for us again soon! Give it up for Savannah!
2485 days 8 hours ago
TommyD
Kina Grannis (Spinfur) “You’re Gonna Live Forever In Me” #Over30s

Tommy: WOW! I think, so far of what we have seen, this has been my favourite audition! Your voice is mesmerising! I loved that it was not 100% perfected, but damn it was close. It felt like a very human performance, I connected with it and I feel like others could take a leaf out of your audition. Take lead and storm your way through the competition! Well done!

Carly: Your voice is so sweet and I’m interested in seeing what you bring to the competition.

Brandon: I really enjoyed this acoustic performance vocally you were amazing

Aria: i dont know about you. I dont if i like you or dont.

#JudgesVerdict
Tommy – 100% YES!
Carly – For now, it’s a YES!
Brandon – It’s a YES!
Aria – I have to say no sorry.

Kina impresses the judges, Aria aside and has stolen a spot in Bootcamp! Give it up for Kina!
2485 days 8 hours ago
TommyD
Before You Exit (Spinfur) “Some Nights” #Groups

Tommy: This was a bit neither here or there for me. There were very good points, but overall I don’t think it really connected with me. It’s tough because I think you could be capable of a lot more with some direction.

Carly: Together you guys seem to have something good going. I’m interested in seeing what you bring next time!

Brandon: I really enjoyed this performance from you guys, I think overall you did an amazing job

Aria: You look good and you can here it in your voice but i like it

#JudgesVerdict
Tommy – I’m going to give you another shot to impress me, it’s a YES!
Carly – For now, it’s a YES!
Brandon – It’s a YES from me!
Aria – I have to say yes!

Before You Exit make it to the next stage in the competition! Give them a round of applause!
2485 days 8 hours ago
TommyD
James Arthur (JoshBB1999) “Say You Won’t Let Go” #Boys

Tommy: James, I loved the rawness to your voice! You have a different tone to everyone in this competition and I like it! You had everyone hooked and overall I thought this was a very good performance. If you make it further, I think we need to see something a little more intimate and with a little more control just so we really get to see you as an artist and don’t lose you prematurely. Good job!

Carly: One of my favorite songs of the moment and this performance was a nice audition as a whole.

Brandon: I think overall you did great and if I had the opportunity here to coach and coach the guys I'm sure I would work wonders so overall this was great and I really enjoyed your performance

Aria: i dont like it because the crowd has joined in

#JudgesVerdict
Tommy – It’s a YES!
Carly – For now it’s a YES!
Brandon – it’s a YES from me!
Aria – But, I have to say yes!

James sways the judges and they put him straight through to #Bootcamp! Give it up for James!
2485 days 8 hours ago
TommyD
Coldplay (JoshBB1999) “Clocks” #Groups

Tommy: Well guys, you really put on a show for us! You have great vocals and I think you would be such a loss to the competition if you did not make it far this season. Overall good, but I’d like to see something a little more stripped back next time!

Carly: Very nice audition and going big. This was vocally solid and overall nice job!

Brandon: I really enjoyed your vocals, I think overall you did an amazing job and overall this was amazing

Aria: you have a great presence and a great song

#JudgesVerdict
Tommy – YES!
Carly – It’s a YES from me!
Brandon – It’s a YES!
Aria – Yes!

Coldplay make no fuss over their audition and sail through to Bootcamp!
2485 days 8 hours ago
TommyD
Ellie Goulding (JoshBB1999) “Burn” #Girls

Tommy: You have such a unique voice, something that should always be celebrated. I liked the stripped back audition, we really got to see YOU and I know I have to see more of it. Well done!

Carly: This was solid as a whole, but could use some work on the pitch.

Brandon: Ellie, It wasn't what I would've chosen for an important round like this but it was still good and I know what your capable of bringing

Aria: wow but the start doesnt have to be that long but i like you

#JudgesVerdict
Tommy – Yes!
Carly – For now, it’s a YES.
Brandon – I’ll say YES.
Aria – Yes! 

Ellie is going to bootcamp! *cheers*
2485 days 8 hours ago
TommyD
There you have it, another 12 hopefuls have performed in the hopes of making it all the way to the end, let's take a look at who made it through in this episode:

BOYS:
Matt Terry (boozes)
Sam Tsui (spinfur)
James Arthur (JoshBB1999)

GIRLS:
Louisa Johnson (boozes)
Savannah Outen (Spinfur)

OVER 30S:
Sam Bailey (boozes)
Gloria Gaynor (epicwafflez23)
Kina Grannis (Spinfur)

GROUPS:
Before You Exit (Spinfur)
Coldplay (JoshBB1999)

Well done to you all!
2485 days 8 hours ago
TommyD
That's all for today, join us again tomorrow when we see more take to the arena to sway the judges for a spot on the show!

I've been your host, this has been The X Factor Auditions, Good day!

*walks out*

open group

The X Factor Series

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!