This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

[S2] Auditions (Minneapolis, Minnesota)

Topic » [S2] Auditions (Minneapolis,..

2540 days 7 hours ago
TommyD
2540 days 7 hours ago
TommyD
Good evening and welcome back to a brand new season of Tommy’s The X Factor! This is where it all starts with the auditions, where our hopefuls sing for a place in the competition. If they receive a majority ‘YES’ vote from the four judges then they move on to our dreaded #Bootcamp round.

Talking of judges, let’s welcome our new look panel!

Creator and last seasons winning judge, it’s Tommy!
Creator and long term judge on Stardom! Making a second season comeback it’s Carly-Jay!
New this season, he knows what it is like to be critiqued from last season, it’s Eli!
And finally, TV star music and dance fanatic, it’s reality group game guru Drizella!

So here we are in Minneapolis, Minnesota, for the first day of auditions, let’s kick them off and find out who’s making it through to the next round!

Here we go!

*cheers*
2540 days 7 hours ago
TommyD
1.        Justin Bieber #Boys

Tommy: Although I agree with the other judges about being able to see someone perform for their audition, I could not help but get wrapped up in this audition and the song. I loved the lyrics and I loved your voice. I feel like with the right mentoring you could be a strong contender for the competition this season!

Carly-Jay: While I would have rather seen you in the performance, your voice is great.

Eli: This isn't singing. It's poorly auto tuned talking.

Drizella: This was simple, yet very soulful! I think you could be an act to go quite far this season! I am so excited to see what you bring.

#JudgesVerdict
Tommy - Good luck it’s a YES!   
Carly-Jay - It’s a YES from me!
Eli – No
Drizella - I will definitely be saying yes.

Well done Justin, you’re making it through to the next round of the competition!
2540 days 7 hours ago
TommyD
1.        Rihanna #Girls

Carly- Jay: You have a strong, sultry voice that really shined in this audition.

Eli: I love this. It's a cult classic and your voice is amazing. I want YOU to stay!

Drizella: This was great! Very beautiful, someone I think could tear up this competition. I want to see a more fun side of you if you move forward.

Tommy: This audition was absolutely mesmerizing! Stunning and so so beautiful! I really felt your voice and your connection to the lyrics. WOW girl, I am really excited to see what you can bring to the competition this season!

#JudgesVerdict
Carly-Jay – It’s a YES from me!
Eli – Yes
Drizella – Yes
Tommy – Absolutely yes!

Rihanna moves on to #Bootcamp with all 4 YES’!
2540 days 7 hours ago
TommyD
1.        3. Madonna #Over30s

Eli: *bows down* I love your your sassy, smooth, and LGBT friendly. The video was amazing. And your voice is also!

Drizella: I loved this performance, but I am nervous that you might not be able to top this moving forward, please prove me wrong if you can.

Tommy: I feel like at this stage of the competition I would be doing you an injustice saying o to you, but it’s a case of what can you bring to the table in the next round. I feel like you’re going to go one of two ways in this competition. Fall hard, or win the whole thing. I loved the vocals, I loved your whole performance. Well done!

Carly-Jay: Overall this was a solid performance, but didn’t quite sell me.

#JudgesVerdict

Eli – Yes
Drizella - Definitely yes, but skeptical of the future.
Tommy - I’m apprehensive, but looking forward to seeing what you bring to the table!
Carly-Jay - It’s a NO for now.

Regardless of Carly, Madonna makes it through to the next stage of the competition! Well done!
2540 days 7 hours ago
TommyD
1.        4. Little Mix #Groups

Drizella: Last year, Fifth Harmony took this competition by storm. Now I think this year might be your year! I can see you being a clear front runner for the groups this year!

Tommy: Hey girls, I don’t know if you know, but I eliminated the Little Mix girls last season at my judges homes, and I believe that was the hardest decision I had to make the entire season. I believe this season could be your season of redemption! Upbeat, fun and you still kept great vocals! Good job!

Carly-Jay: You ladies have so much power together and I love those harmonies.

Eli: I think they broke up lol. Anyways I like your team. Very happy and upbeat.

#JudgesVerdict
Drizella – YES YES YES!
Tommy - It’s a YES!
Carly-Jay – It’s a YES!
Eli – Yes

Four Yes’ and the girls find their way back into the competition and on the road to #Bootcamp!
2540 days 7 hours ago
TommyD
1.        5. Halsey #Girls

Tommy: Absolutely beautiful! I love how simple it was and your vocals blew me away! These are the type of auditions that get me excited for this show! Where it’s simple, and you really get to hear the person’s voice, sometimes for the first time. I feel like tengaged need to hear your music, it’s up and coming and this for sure could be your season!

Carly-Jay: I like how haunting and smooth your vocals are.

Eli: You sound average to me. I heard multiple cracks and issues

Drizella: I’m not a huge live performance person, but this was really good. I think you seem a lot like Camilla so we will see if that plays into either of you making it forward.

#JudgesVerdict
Tommy – Yes!
Carly-Jay – From me, it’s a YES!
Eli - I'm sorry, but no.
Drizella – Yes for today.

Halsey makes it through to the next stage of the competition! Well done!
2540 days 7 hours ago
TommyD
1.        6. Oh Wonder #Groups

Carly-Jay: I’m reluctant on this, but I think you guys have potential.

Eli: I think the girl is amazing and I would have said yes. But the boy sounds like a super quiet Shawn Mendes. Like, be loud!

Drizella: SO UNIQUE! I loved this and think you could be a dark horse in this competition. I loved this audition and it definitely stood out

Tommy: This is a hard one for me, because I love uniqueness and I think you could really define the groups category this season, but I’m a bit worried that the girl by far out shadows the boy in this duo. It’s very one sided and I couldn’t get away from that. I do like the song.

#JudgesVerdict
Carly-Jay – For now, it’s a YES!
Eli – No.
Drizella – Yes ma’am
Tommy - I’m going to say yes, because I feel like you deserve a second shot at impressing us!

Oh Wonder make it through to #Bootcamp with some feedback on their audition.
2540 days 7 hours ago
TommyD
1.        7. Niall Horan #Boys

Eli: Your basic though. So if you don't step it up I don't know if you'll win...

Drizella: T his was really good, but I would have much rather preferred an audio performance or even acoustic version over this today. I don’t know how well you can do in this whole thing.

Tommy: Hey Niall, unfortunately for me, although you can sing, I felt like this audition really lacked power and conviction. It faded into the background a little. I feel like you could be a lot better than this, but I do not think this was enough to really make us think twice.

Carly-Jay: Overall this was a solid audition, but I think you can improve going forward.

#JudgesVerdict
Eli – Yes
Drizella – A very mild yes.
Tommy - It’s a no from me today!
Carly-Jay – It’s a YES!

Niall makes it through to #Bootcamp! We will be seeing him again soon!
2540 days 7 hours ago
TommyD
1.        8. Camilla Cabello #Girls

Drizella: This was a really good song I do have to admit but you look like a sewage rat. I don’t want to see you go far in this competition bur maybe you will.

Tommy: I thought this was beautiful, one of my favourite songs and very thought provoking. I’m really looking forward to potentially seeing a lot more from you this season.

Carly-Jay: This was a really nice performance and I like your sound.

Eli: Amazing talent. You can hit such high notes while sounding quiet. Teach me!

#JudgesVerdict
Drizella – A very eh yes
Tommy – Yes!
Carly-Jay – It’s a YES!
Eli – Yes

Camilla successfully makes it though to #Bootcamp this season, can she make it all the way? Find out this season!
2540 days 7 hours ago
TommyD
1.        9. Brendon Urie #Over30s

Tommy: Brendon, last season we did not have any males overs make it to the judges homes part of the competition and I think it is so important that they are represented this season, who better than someone with a voice like yours! A great talent, amazing vocals. I loved how it wasn’t so clean cut, it felt real and that’s how you conveyed the emotion of the lyrics over to us. Good job!

Carly-Jay: You have this really great energy and I’m interested in seeing more.

Eli: Again, this is average. I love this guy and you chose on of the more monotone songs...

Drizella: So you are auditioning as a solo act in a group setting? Yeah no I wasn’t feeling it, sorry bud.

#JudgesVerdict
Tommy – Yes!
Carly-Jay – From me, it’s a YES!
Eli – yes
Drizella – no

Brendon makes it through to #Bootcamp, will he be more successful this season?
2540 days 7 hours ago
TommyD
1.        10. GRl #Groups

Carly-Jay: This was ok, but I think you ladies could have done better at being the stars of this performance.

Eli: YESSS. Also, pit bull is hot...

Drizella: I was really looking forward to this but I wasn’t really impressed. I think that this could end up going upwards for you, but we will have to see.

Tommy: I was not a fan of this, it felt like the group were the back up singers to someone else. I did not really get to hear you so I felt like there is not enough to judge you on at this audition.

#JudgesVerdict
Carly-Jay – NO!
Eli – YESSSS
Drizella – yes
Tommy - I’m going to have to say no, but I’d love you to come back next season bigger and better!

Unfortunately, GRL do not make it through to the next stage of the competition. Give it up for them for auditioning today!
2540 days 7 hours ago
TommyD
1.        11. Cher #Over30s

Eli: It's way too weird. And I love Cher.

Drizella: Yes ma’am I do believe, I believe that you will tear up this competition! I loved that sooooooo much! Great job for a starting performance

Tommy: Although you are a super star, this audition made me sit on the fence a little. The beginning had me worried, but I really feel like you pulled it back by the end. I wanted to get up and dance with Carly on the desk. I’m intrigued..

Carly-Jay: You are an icon and this performance showed that!

#JudgesVerdict
Eli – I’m sorry but no
Drizella – yes yes and yes.
Tommy – Yes!
Carly-Jay – It’s 100% YES!

Cher makes it through to #Bootcamp where she will have to impress the judges once more!
2540 days 7 hours ago
TommyD
1.        12. Loic Nottet #Boys

Drizella: Eh it was a bit shaky for me if I am being completely honest with you.

Tommy: I thought that was very impressive! That was beautiful! WOW! I feel like I can’t say anything else other than I want more..

Carly-Jay: I’ve never head of you before this, but you made your mark with this audition.

Eli: I like your voice. :) nothing more

#JudgesVerdict
Drizella – No not Today
Tommy: Yes! Well done!
Carly-Jay: It’s a YES!
Eli – Yes1

Loic makes it through to the next stage of the competition: #Bootcamp!
2540 days 7 hours ago
TommyD
That’s all for the auditions here today at Minneapolis, Minnesota. We have kicked season two off with a BANG and this year the judges meal business.

Thank you to all auditionees today and thank you to our star judges: Tommy, Carly-Jay, Eli and Drizella!

*cheers*

Join us tomorrow for Day 2 of the auditions!

See you then!
2540 days 7 hours ago
MIchelle990
yay all my acts got through i was so shcoked ohen madonna got through

open group

The X Factor Series

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!