This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

[S1] Auditions 2: New York

Topic » [S1] Auditions 2: New York

2555 days 14 hours ago
TommyD
2555 days 14 hours ago
TommyD

Hello and welcome back to The X Factor Season 1! Yesterday, the auditions kicked off in Los Angeles and the talent was phenominal. Today, we’re in New York where the judges are hoping to find the next singing sensation.

Remember, the acts are split into four categories; The #Girls, the #Boys, the #Overs and the #Groups. Each act needs three or more YES votes from the judges in order to move on. If they impress the judges, they move on to #Bootcamp, which we promise will not be easy!

Here come the judges!
Tommy!
Carly-Jay!
Rodrigo!
Nehemiah!

Without further ado, let’s kick off day 2 of the auditions!

-        Cheers-
2555 days 14 hours ago
TommyD
First to take to the stage in New York is Apat Karmany who will be representing the #Boys category.

Tommy: That was a good audition, I actually really admire that you went for someone like this. I think the dance moves were awful, but your vocals were not. Do I want to see more of this and have you got much more to offer? That’s what we have to ask ourselves moving forward.

Carly-Jay: I just don’t think you’re ready for this competition yet.

Rodrigo: Kid im gonna be honest with you, you have a nice voice at times but you are not prepared, you need much more work.

Nehemiah: This was a nice try but you sadly need a little bit more practice.  Vocals were good but it could've been way better with loads of practice.

#JudgesVerdict

Tommy: It’s a small YES from me!
Carly-Jay: NO
Rodrigo: Today its a no but I want to see you again someday
Nehemiah: It's a no for me.

With 3 ‘no’ votes, Tommy’s vote was not enough to send Apat through to the next stage of the competition.
2555 days 14 hours ago
TommyD
Next to follow, it’s Shan representing the #Girls

Carly-Jay: You’re sweet, but I don’t think you’re ready for this competition at this time.

Rodrigo: I really like your voice. Finally an audition im enjoying. I think that with the right coach you can go far

Nehemiah: I think you have a voice that could use a little bit more practice.

Tommy: Hey darling, I have to say that with this song there were parts where I was cringing just a little, just because I wanted you to be great! I don’t think you’re ready for this competition in such a big category.

#JudgesVerdict

Carly-Jay: NO
Rodrigo: its a yes from me
Nehemiah: It has be a no for me.
Tommy: It’s a no from me, sorry.

Shan fails to gain a majority of yes’ and unfortunately is heading home.
2555 days 14 hours ago
TommyD
Two auditions down, and both of them fail to make it to #Bootcamp. Will the next auditionee bring it back for New York? It’s Brendon Urie.

Rodrigo: Your voice is so strong, I love the rispid touch to it.

Nehemiah: Very strong voice type you have Brendon. I thought this was a strong powerful audition showing a little bit of what you're capable of.

Tommy: Hello, I liked that this was different to what we have seen so far! A very good voice and it’s unique to you which I would think will make you stand out in this competition for a while.

Carly-Jay: Very strong vocal performance and I’m interested in seeing how you do going forward.

#JudgesVerdict

Rodrigo: Yes!
Nehemiah: Now there was issues obviously but I am saying yes.
Tommy: It’s a yes!
Carly-Jay: YES

With four YES’ Brendon Urie moves on to #Bootcamp representing the #Over30s. Congratulations!
2555 days 14 hours ago
TommyD
Our first #Group act here today in New York, it’s Twenty One Pilots!

Nehemiah: I really did dig this. I'm intrigued to see more.

Tommy: I’m not going to lie, I thought I was going to hate this, but I was really pleasantly surprised and really enjoyed it! Your vocals were great and it had that edge to it that is needed in an audition.

Carly-Jay: Nice job overall and I’m intrigued with your sound.

Rodrigo: I dont think you can make it big guys. The vocals arent that good and I dont think you are commercial enough.

#JudgesVerdict

Nehemiah: I am going to say yes
Tommy: Well done, it’s a YES!
Rodrigo: Its a no for this song

With 3 YES’ Twenty One Pilots are making it through to #Bootcamp! Well done!
2555 days 14 hours ago
TommyD
Next up Kiana Lede takes to the stage!

Tommy: Kiana, I really really liked this! It was beautifully simple with enough edge to give a first lasting impression. Good job!

Carly-Jay: Such a strong, unique vocal and nice song choice!

Rodrigo: Your voice is one of the best voices we have had here since the beggining and you mashed up those songs in an amazing way. PERFECTION!

Nehemiah: This was a nice version of these two songs. I don't see much uniqueness from you but I am intrigued.

#JudgesVerdict
Tommy: Yes!
Rodrigo: Its a yes and an hope to get to coach you
Nehemiah: I will say yes.

That’s a full house of YES’! Well done to Kiana, we’ll be seeing her perform once again at #Bootcamp on the weekend!
2555 days 14 hours ago
TommyD
Another group next, it’s British found girl group Little Mix!

Carly-Jay: Those harmonies are so tight and strong!

Rodrigo: Harmonies everywhere. Better than original. Enough said.

Nehemiah: the harmonies in this was fantastic. I loved the individual solos. Each have different voices that combined bring you guys into a whole which I loved bout this audition.   

Tommy: This was amazing! Vocally brilliant! My only critique is that I feel the middle fell a little flat, but what an incredible way to start your experience here with us off.

#JudgesVerdict
Rodrigo: It’s a yes!
Nehemiah: YES
Tommy: YAS queen!

Another successful act impresses the judges and moves on to #Bootcamp!
2555 days 14 hours ago
TommyD
Sticking with the #Groups now, it’s Clean Bandit!

Rodrigo: This was so fun and enjoyable, I really like the instrumentation and the voice and dancing only made it better.

Nehemiah: I like you guys and I know you guys are mainly a band and have guest singers perform the lyrics but I'm more interested in you guys.

Tommy: This was a very fun performance, and I loved your vocals amonst the upbeat track. I really enjoyed this and I hope you make it, well done!

Carly-Jay: I loved the song choice and your overall performance was great!

#JudgesVerdict
Rodrigo: YES! YES! YES!
Nehemiah: I'm going to say yes but I want more of just Clean Bandit.
Tommy: YES!

The acts are on a roll here in New York, Clean Bandit make it straight through to Bootcamp!
2555 days 13 hours ago
TommyD
Next up, from the Boys! It’s Saint Raymond

Nehemiah: I thought this was a very cool song choice and you have a nice voice.

Tommy: This was different for me, very good vocals and I feel like you’ll be intriguing going forward! I’m not sure how the public would respond to you, but I’m excited to find out.

Carly-jay: I’m interested in your sound and what you could bring to the show.

Rodrigo: Saint, your voice wasn't big for me, I think it was rather eh. The song didnt help.

#JudgesVerdict
Nehemiah: I am going to say yes but I would like to see something different in the future if you make it.
Tommy: YES!
Rodrigo: Im gonna say no!

Rodrigo’s vote did not hinder Saint’s chances of winning this competition as he heads on to #Bootcamp this season!
2555 days 13 hours ago
TommyD
Next to take to the arena stage, Ella Henderson!

Tommy: Ella, I think this is one of my most favorite auditions this far in the competition. It was powerful, it was energetic and you have killer vocals! I would for sure love to see you make if far in this competition.

Carly-Jay: Nice audition as a whole and I like your voice.

Rodrigo: Another good vocalist. This time, the song stood out, amazing song with a great vocalist singing it.

Nehemiah: am enchanted by your voice like truly. I think you are very talented.

#JudgesVerdict

Tommy: YES YES YES!
Nehemiah: it's a yes for me I think you are very talented but you have to show me more and hopefully you can.

Ella happily moves on to #Bootcamp where she will have to sing for the judges (and the public) once more.
2555 days 13 hours ago
TommyD
Can we keep up the pace with the next to audition? It’s Justin Timberlake!

Carly-Jay: I think you already know you’ll be going through and if you don’t get 4 yeses I’ll be shocked!

Rodrigo: Its catchy and you have the charisma. I would like to see you in another song.

Nehemiah: Though a weird song choice and it wouldn't be my first choice it had a nice melody to it.

Tommy: All I wanted to do was get up with my fellow judges and dance on this desk! This is what the auditions are about, being good, being talented and having fun! I loved it and I just want to hear more and more.

#JudgesVerdict

Rodrigo: It’s a yes!
Nehemiah: So though I think you need improvement I say yes.
Tommy: Yes of course!

Justin moves on to #Bootcamp! Well done!
2555 days 13 hours ago
TommyD
Alicia keys is the penultimate audition here in New York City!

Rodrigo: I really like your voice and the song is pretty magical. Really enjoyed this.

Nehemiah: This was a very solid performance. Very nice audition song choice that displayed who Ms. Alicia Keys is. A little vocal mishaps here and there but over all loved it.

Tommy: Wow! Raw talent! That was incredible and just WOW! I have no words. I’m excited to see how you will top this in the next round!

Carly-Jay: Strong, beautiful and boldly talented!

#JudgesVerdict

Nehemiah: Imma go ahead and say yes!
Tommy: Obviously it’s a yes!

Another talented singer joins the successful acts on their way to Bootcamp! Well done Alicia!
2555 days 13 hours ago
TommyD
The final audition of the day comes from Joe McElderry!

Nehemiah: Strong ass vocals indeed Joe. I think this was the best audition I've seen today. Very well done.

Tommy: I am very taken by this audition, you were doing things with your voice where I was like HELL WHAT WAS THAT?! It was so different, but in such a good way!

Carly-Jay: Overall this was a solid audition and I’m interested in your voice.

Rodrigo: This was boring, your voice is nice I guess even tho its too nasal.

#JudgesVerdict

Nehemiah: It’s a yes for me!
Tommy: Uh, yes! -looks at Rodrigo-
Rodrigo: Still a no regardless, im sorry!

Joe McElderry is moving on to Bootcamp, as he leaves the arena. He could not be happier!
2555 days 13 hours ago
TommyD
That’s all for the auditions on day 2! Let’s take a look at who will be joining us at #bootcamp from today’s auditions!

#Boys
Hovig (andrewvaughan17)
Bruno Mars (Shabootyquiqui3)
Shawn Mendes (Mybash_)
---FROM TODAY---
Saint Raymond (WANJ)
Joe McElderry (boozes)

#Girls
Ariana Grande (Shabootyquiqui3)
Hailee Steinfeld (Mybash_)
---FROM TODAY---
Kiana Ledé (aj1111)
Ella Henderson (WANJ)

#Overs
Lady Gaga (Shabootyquiqui3)
Kelly Clarkson (Mybash_)
---FROM TODAY---
Brendon Urie (tditdatdwt123)
Justine Timberlake (WANJ)
Alicia Keys (VictoriaW)

#Groups
Cascada (andrewvaughan17)
Fifth Harmony (Shabootyquiqui3)
---FROM TODAY---
Twenty One Pilots (tditdatdwt123)
Little Mix (aj1111)
Clean Bandit (ryan5676)
2555 days 13 hours ago
TommyD
Join us tomorrow for Day 3 of the Auditions where we will be in Washington D.C.! Thank you to everyone who auditioned today.

From all of us here on The X Factor! Have a great day!

open group

The X Factor Series

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!