This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Final Tribal Council/Jury questioning

Topic » Final Tribal Council/Jury..

1952 days 16 hours ago
lionsden121
I will give both Vaughan and AJ a chance to do their opening statements. Then I will let the jury loose on you two good luck.
1952 days 13 hours ago
ajx2x
Alright, here's my opening statement.

First off, thank you to Vaughn for choosing to keep me in the game over Jay.

Now, I'll just start by saying this. I played a very different game than I wanted to play coming into this. Usually, I like to play the game with strong allies and really making bold moves and leading many aspects of a game. However, due to circumstances from Day 1 when I was late for that first challenge, I was on the outs very early on and was forced to play my idol at the very first tribal council of the season. My one safety net and form of protection was gone from night one. Afterwards, I was always on the list of targets and truly felt that at any tribal, I could very well be going.

By forming some bonds and some semblance of an alliance with the few people who would talk with me and wanted to work with me, I was able to make the merge (after a close vote at the last pre-merge tribal).

Since the merge I've been fiesty and scrappy. I was clearly being targeted by several players as evidenced by the fact that I was in a tie vote at F11 and then in a close 5-4 vote at F9. I really started to find my footing around F8 or F7 when I realized that people's perception of me was that of a weak player (despite the other alliance targeting me). I think I was an easy target because people knew I didn't have an idol after the first tribal and with votes being so close, I was a safe bet.

So, in the challenge when people said I was least deserving to be here, it hurt because I had my back against the wall since Day 1 and had few true allies so I thought it was impressive that I was still kicking at F6. But, I couldn't deny that it helped my game immensely by increasing the impression that I was a weak, easily beatable player to take to the end. I even had Jay play an idol on me at F5, and I won an immunity challenge too. At F4, I had control because I could send Kyle home in a 3-1 vote, or cause a tie which I did, a decision that I made on my own to try and propel myself to the end. It didn't have the result I untimately wanted, but I'm here nonetheless.

So, I hope you guys can consider voting for me and can respect the fact that I beat the odds. After that first tribal, no one would have guessed I'd be at the end but I was able to fight, build trust, allies and a fluid alliance after a rocky start that propeled me to a position where I can sit here now. It was the ultimate underdog story and even though it wasn't the plan coming in, I'm proud of the game I played. It wasn't the game I intended to play, but it was the game I was forced to play with the cards I was dealt.

It was great fun playing with you all and there's no hard feelings towards any of you. I'll answer all questions to the best of my ability and I look forward to what you guys have to say.  :)
1952 days 5 hours ago
Praknasty
.be
1952 days 4 hours ago
lionsden121
I have opened it up good luck
1952 days 3 hours ago
rabbaj
Tbh I don’t like either of you and I think I know who I’m voting. I don’t need to aj a generic question so I will just say, good luck.
1952 days 3 hours ago
TheSexiestDude990
First off congrats to both of you for making it this far. It's been a pretty intense season and this has been no easy task. Even if I feel like every single person on the jury deserves it more than you 2, you 2 are now the people we must decide between.

AJ - I came into this game already not exactly your biggest fan after UnfBus, but was willing to give you another chance. I don't remember who exactly but I remember mentioning that we had a history but this was a new game, but clearly my words got twisted. So, you came to me about aligning and then proceeded to drop conversation. After that, it appeared a trend formed with you: You wouldn't bother talking to me during the tribal phase, then you'd act super condescending towards me for not voting with you despite not knowing your vote. Was that part of your strategy or was my vote just not necessary in the grand scheme of things? Also, is my vote necessary for you tonight or do you even care if it goes to Vaughan?

Vaughan - Honestly I'm a little surprised by you considering I've played with you before and always had a ton of respect for you as a super intelligent/social player. Your physical game was practically nonexistent until after I left. Your social game didn't really seem to extend outside your circle. And, from what I've heard, your strategic game was to piggyback off other people's strategic games. So my question to you is what sets your game apart from other people's? What makes you worthy of being crowned the winner of this season?
1952 days 3 hours ago
Praknasty
Thank you for the wishes of good luck Jabbar.
1952 days 3 hours ago
Praknasty
Vaughan - Honestly I'm a little surprised by you considering I've played with you before and always had a ton of respect for you as a super intelligent/social player. Your physical game was practically nonexistent until after I left. Your social game didn't really seem to extend outside your circle. And, from what I've heard, your strategic game was to piggyback off other people's strategic games. So my question to you is what sets your game apart from other people's? What makes you worthy of being crowned the winner of this season?

Wonderful to hear from you as always Julian. And I agree with the idea that everyone else on the jury deserves it more than us 2.
I think what sets my game apart is the fact that any move I tried to make was thwarted in some way. At the double tribal I brought up the idea of voting out AJ and at the last moment the vote was switched to take out Matt to protect Jay. At the final 8 I tried to blindside Jimmy by voting for him at the last minute but he played his idol. It just seemed as though my moves were always destined to fail, so I fell back into a support role to my circle of allies.
In regards to your second question, I honestly don't know what makes me worthy of winning this season. Being severely handicapped activity-wise by my job really snuffed any chances of winning in the conventional sense. I think everyone else on the jury would be more deserving than myself of being the winner. I think the best I can offer is that I adapted my gameplay to fit the style my job and life were imposing on my activity levels. It's definitely not the favorite style and I personally feel atrocious for having to play this way but it got me here and that's worth something. No matter how miniscule that looks to all of us here.
1952 days 2 hours ago
ajx2x
Thanks for your question, Julian.
I think you have mistaken some aspects of my early game. I came to you early on because we had history and and asked you about the first vote and if you knew what was happening. You just said you haven't heard anything and would get back to me but you never did. I then "dropped conversation" bur I suspected you were voting me out but weren't telling me. Then I got 6 votes against me and just assumed it was you. If it wasn't then I apologize and it was just a miscommunication. But if you did vote for me which I suspect, then I knew our old history would repeat itself and we couldn't trust each other. I respect you as a player and I think your game was terrific. But we were just on opposite sides for most of the season and I hope you can respect my game.

I admit, I may get condescending at times but your back is against the wall and You're always being targeted, it is quite hard to be super Nice to everyone all the time. Especially to those who repeatedly vote for you time and time again.
1952 days 2 hours ago
Kgamer2218
Ok I'm gonna start off with each of you and your speeches
Aj-
Oh aj honestly j see lots of flaws in your speech like yah you could say you overcame being targeted but the only reason you were being targeted cause of your social game like you can always blame you not having Skype and stuff it's just you never made the effort to simply mail someone hello like we always had to talk to you like even a simple fake ass deal would have stopped us from voting you but unlike every person in this game we always had to reach out to you like it was a job also the only reason Jay played the idol on you was to ensure jabbar went home not because you were a weak person  so my question to you is what game moves did you make without having someone else tell you it and make you do it

Vaughn -
Surprisingly before theirs i thought nothing of you but your speech to me was very impressive like you hit every point of the game and it kind of leaves me towards you a bit because you explained yourself start to finish in a good way but because there always has to be a but your gameplay was very non existent like it just seemed like you hid behind Jay the entire season and booted him when you needed too so my question is because I'm a basic survivor bitch and can't think of a shady question rate the jurors from 1 to 9
1952 days 2 hours ago
Praknasty
Vaughn -
Surprisingly before theirs i thought nothing of you but your speech to me was very impressive like you hit every point of the game and it kind of leaves me towards you a bit because you explained yourself start to finish in a good way but because there always has to be a but your gameplay was very non existent like it just seemed like you hid behind Jay the entire season and booted him when you needed too so my question is because I'm a basic survivor bitch and can't think of a shady question rate the jurors from 1 to 9

Thank you for your compliments and critiques Kyle I appreciate your honesty. In regards to the ranking here we go:
1. Jay - Hands down he played a masterful game and deserved this win over everyone else here in my opinion. I'm honored to know him as a friend.
2. Kyle - As a returner you had a bigger target than everyone else coming into this game. Neverthelss you persevered and won when you needed to get to the final 4. I have no doubt you'd win had you beaten Jay in the f3 if your fire had lit.
3. Jimmy - I think he was underrated in most people's eyes. He made it to final 6 with a successful idol play and great social gameplay. He won challenges to and is a down to earth chill dude in my opinion.
4. Julian - A dangerous player in his own right. He's always on point with his social game and can flex on others when he needs to. Had the numbers gone his way at the F11 then he'd definitely have gotten to the F4 at least.
5. BB - She was a key component to our premerge circle and helped us make it to merge. We somehow managed to get separated and ended up on opposite sides but she saved Tris with a clutch superidol. Sadly I think she got overshadowed by the others in her alliance postmerge.
6. Jabbar - We were aligned for most of merge but never really talked. Seems like a cool dude though and wouldn't mind playing with him again in other groups.
7. Maddie - I knew her from previous games and I know that she's a great player in her own right. Sadly we never got the chance to talk and she got blindsided too early in merge to go higher on this list.
8. Tris - Never talk to him but he seemed content letting others make moves to save him. I may be interpreting his game wrong but that's how it came across to me.
9. Enzo - We started on the same tribe but we never talked and he always seemed distracted by other factors in life and other groups.
1952 days 1 hour ago
ajx2x
Kyle, thanks for your question.

Honestly, in the past Inplayed games and talked to lots of people and was labelled "fake" and "too nice". It seems like either way, I'm screwed.
To answer your question, I admit that I played a defensive game. For me, my goal every time was to try and overcome the countless votes that would come my way. So I was never in a position where I could singlehandedly make a move or band a group together because I was always at the mercy of other people and on the verge of going home.

But, the move I made completely on my own was to cause a tie at Final 4 and vote out Vaughn. It was my best chance at the F2. Also, at F6, I didn't vote with Jimmy's side and instead voted out Jabbar to avoid a tie because I felt that it could be deadlocked and I didn't want to risk drawing rocks with so few people left. I was aligned with Jimmy but I wasn't willing to risk a deadlock so I voted Jabbar to get a 3-2-1 vote.

Those two moves late in the game were solely mine.
1952 days 1 hour ago
Kgamer2218
Ok thank you for your answers kitty girls now may the best bitch win
1952 days 1 hour ago
Jacadeux
AJ:

The move you made to vote out Jabbar at F6 is the one I look down upon the most. I can only see it as an act of cowardice. If you have my back, have my back. If you're going to lie to me, vote against me. All you did was 100% guarantee that you yet again didn't have a hand in someone's eviction. You made it far, getting votes just about every tribal council and survived. My individual question to you is how much of that survival was you working hard, and how much of that survival was you being used?

Vaughan:

I refuse to accept "having to work long hours" as an excuse from anybody because I was contending with the same thing. Everyone has obligations. I've never been a fan of anyone playing under the radar. My individual question for you has to do with how many times you said "we" in your speech. When things were a "we" between you and whoever, how much did you contribute to the conversation? How much did you just nod your head and say, "yeah, let's do that"? I was a little disappointed when you switched your target from AJ to Jabbar. How often did you successfully push your own agenda?

One measure of success is often given as "who voted correctly the most times". My question for the two of you is to please go down the list of jurors, and for each person, explain the part you played in their exit.
1952 days ago
ajx2x
I'm sorry you feel that way Jimmy. I assure you it was not a move of cowardice. I knew where the votes would lie so I knew that by not voting for you, you would go home but if in the off chance that you didn't, I could have a cover by saying I voted for Jabbar. Also, it avoided a tie. That was a move that was thought out, despite your thoughts to the contrary.

To answer your question, I feel like everyone is using everyone in Survivor. Everyone you allign with in a way is using you because you being with them gives them more numbers. I knew that although I had allies that were voting to keep me in and I was very appreciative of that, I knew they were keeping me because it was in their best interest. So yes, they were using me but I was also working hard. I had to maintain those bonds and fight hard in immunities (winning a vital one at F7) knowing if one person flipped, I'd be gone. It was walking the fine line of maintaining these bonds while making sure that not even one person flipped too soon resulting in me going home.
1952 days ago
Praknasty
Vaughan:

I refuse to accept "having to work long hours" as an excuse from anybody because I was contending with the same thing. Everyone has obligations. I've never been a fan of anyone playing under the radar. My individual question for you has to do with how many times you said "we" in your speech. When things were a "we" between you and whoever, how much did you contribute to the conversation? How much did you just nod your head and say, "yeah, let's do that"? I was a little disappointed when you switched your target from AJ to Jabbar. How often did you successfully push your own agenda?

You're not alone in being amongst those who look down on the UTR players I'm in that group as well, which is why I feel this is the worst game I've ever played on this site. I don't feel like I contributed enough to get my point across. More often then not I did just nod my head because that was what I wanted to do as well. I can think of two instances where I got my way successfully. When we were trying to decide between Julian and Kyle I spoke with you at great lengths to get Julian out first. We both knew they'd win if they got to the end it was a matter of deciding who was the bigger threat at that time. The other was voting Tris out at 9. I spoke to you about the issue mentioning his idol and how he wouldn't play it while you were hesitant because he wasn't a big threat. I think I got helped out with the fact he wasn't very grateful for your vote the council before.

One measure of success is often given as "who voted correctly the most times". My question for the two of you is to please go down the list of jurors, and for each person, explain the part you played in their exit.

11. Enzo - I was a part of the majority and agreed with the conception that he could get dragged to the end.
10. Maddie - I was not amongst her voters as I felt Tris should've gone instead. Your vote, Jimmy, was what tied it if I remember correctly.
9. Tris - I was one of the main voices for taking him out despite his idol.
8. BB - My vote went to you Jimmy since I did agree with Jay you were a bigger threat than her. I was not a factor in her ouster.
7. Julian - I strongly felt he was a bigger threat at the time and voiced his ouster for a majority of the vote.
6. Jimmy - I voted to keep you and wanted Kyle out instead. Wasn't on the right side.
5. Jabbar - When Kyle won I mentioned to Jay that I wanted Jabbar out over AJ and he was very receptive to the decision.
4. Kyle - Jay and I both agreed that he was the bigger threat and mutually made it a tie vote despite failing to get AJ with us.
3. Jay - I was 100 percent the only person to make this decision. I knew he would win and it killed me to vote put my best friend. But I did what needed to be done.

In the end I was only in the minority for two of the votes and contributed to 6 of the eliminations.

Great to hear from you Jimmy.

open group

L and J's Survivor All-Stars

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!