This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Basic Rundown:

Topic » Basic Rundown:

1974 days 19 hours ago
BrainJak
Hi Everyone! We have a LOT of new players this go around, so I thought it would be a good idea to make a Basic Rundown of the rules so everyone has an idea of what to expect. Good luck to all of you, and I cannot wait to welcome one of you as our newest Victor :D

#1 - The Training
Before the Games begin we have a "Training Period" of usually 3 days or more. During this time, Tributes can practice and learn how to do just about ANYTHING in the Arena from scavenging to fighting. Training is ESSENTIAL to survival in my books, because Tributes who DO NOT train generally go into the Arena uncertain of what to do and wind up dying early (Like seriously last year 3 died in the Bloodbath because they didn't know what they were doing)

#2 - The Bloodbath
I mentioned the Bloodbath up there, but in case you haven't read the books or watched the movies, the Bloodbath is a free-for-all at the start of the Games where Tributes try to get as many supplies as they can. The only problem is, everyone is right there within striking distance, so death is eminent. We have had as few as 3 deaths, or as many as 10. You never know how many will die in the Bloodbath until it's over. [There will be a detailed blog about what to do in the Bloodbath up soon]

#3 - Fighting
The most important aspect of these Games is (BY FAR) fighting. You can learn how to in Simulations during Training, but here's the basic rundown. Fighting starts whenever a tribute attacks another. Simple right? LOL But!!! Fighting comes down to RPing within mails as to what you want to do. Each Tribute mails me an action, and I tell them what happens due to that. I will include more information during Training so please PARTICIPATE lol.

#4 - Movement
We usually are moving along a 3x3 map with the Cornucopia in the direct center. You move your tribute around simply by mailing me a Direction to move in, OR by examining the area you are currently in. Each of the 9 sections within the 3x3 map are choc full of special hiding places, secrets, nooks, and crannies. You don't know WHAT you'll find simply by walking around the region you are in.

#5 - Food and Water
While they are not a necessity for you to survive, Food and Water keep your tribute alive and well. Starving or being Dehydrated won't kill you within the short amount of time these Games take, however it WILL leave your tribute weak and vulnerable. Finding a good source of Food/Water will be crucial to your survival.

#6 - The Day
Days generally start at a certain time, and end at a certain time. After the day is over, you can move around the region you are currently within and do ANYTHING you could during the day, however you CANNOT travel to different regions. ALSO A NOTE: Once the day is over, the Tributes who died that day will appear up in the night sky.

#7 - The Main Page
On the main page (as you die off) the Tribute list on the top will slowly diminish and be replaced by a "Deceased" row of tributes. The Tributes killed in the Bloodbath will be named, and you will also see who killed them and how. After that, there will only be the names. At the end of the day, Tributes who died off will turn Grey on the main page, and the next morning, will disappear altogether.

#8 - Arena Events
This is a Group Game, and so we want to give you guys action whenever things get a little... boring. And so, we ALWAYS include Arena Events to shake up the game. Sometimes it's mutts, sometimes it's natural disasters, sometimes it's just chaos. Either way, Arena-wide events always have the potential of KILLING Tributes. If you are inactive and one strikes, I am sorry as it might not be fair but it is just the Games.

If you have ANY QUESTIONS regarding anything I've said above, feel free to mail me and ask! We are looking forward to a FUN Fifteenth Hunger Games!!! :D Good luck to all of you!!!
1974 days 10 hours ago
SlipperyNoodle
Can’t wait!

open group

OLD HG

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!