This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Final Tribal Council [Fiji]

Topic » Final Tribal Council [Fiji]

1494 days 1 hour ago
OldNewz
Welcome Calypso and Kelly to the Final Tribal Council. The power now shifts to the jury who will vote for the Sole Survivor of Survivor: Fiji.

Please welcome our members of the jury - Tiffany, Ethan, Nathan, Matt, Wes, Josh, and Lexey, voted out at the last Tribal Council.

Calypso and Kelly, you may each make an opening statement. The jury members can either make comments or ask questions, there is no limit to the amount they do or don't say. Once you have decided who to vote for please mail both Mike and I your vote.

Jury, your votes are due Wednesday (3/25/20) at 7 PM EST.
1494 days ago
Calypso
Hey guys! Just wanna start off by saying it was cool meeting each and every one of you, since I came into this game not knowing a single person. I'm going to write a lot, but if you don't want to read it all just scroll to the last paragraph where I'll give a brief rundown of why I should win instead!

As I said I didn't know a single person coming into the game and that made me very nervous, so I spent a lot of time on my original tribe socializing and trying to form a bond. Immediately I clicked with two people, Kelly and Lexey. It was easy to talk with them and I got a strong inclination that I could trust them. We were lucky that we didn't go to tribal so rather than stressing over votes and strategy I continued to build a genuine bond with them, one I hope to carry outside of this game.

Things changed when the swap hit. I swapped onto a tribe with two other members from my original tribe, but they both weren't very active. I attempted to use my pairing with Wes to my advantage, since we were an immunity pact. It didn't really work and so my only option was to turn on my tribe mates to secure my safety. An important thing to note is that very early on I was notified about pre-established relationships between a group of people, those people would go on to make final 6 with me and I had a few of them on my swapped tribe. So I used my relationship with Kelly to my advantage, I asked Kelly to talk to his alliance members to target Kacey over me and it worked, allowing me to make the merge unscathed.

In the merge I formed a connection with Tiffany instantly, but after the quits I knew there was nothing we could to to make headway against the premade so I went along with the majority and voted her out. After that vote Ethan would go home and so would Nathan, leaving me as the last one standing outside of the premade. In the middle of all that my strong bond with Kelly came in handy again, as he shared the idol clue with me. I found the idol quickly after and it gave me the boost I needed to fuel my desire to win the game. Going into final 6 I knew I was going to have to play my idol and had a hunch that Matt had one as well. Luckily for me, Lexey came to me with the idea to vote Matt out, something I was going to suggest myself, which then pulled Kelly into the vote. Matt ended up misplaying his idol which would ultimately send him home.

In the final 5 I decided it was time to stop holding back. I'm good at competitions but I like to hide that fact to avoid a target, but I knew if I didn't win immunity I was going to get fifth. As I expected I was ganged up on in the immunity, but prevailed and won. Lexey, Kelly and I agreed on voting Wes and it was fairly simple. I won immunity again in final 4, and had a decision to make. I could go to final 3 with the duo of Josh and Lexey, or I could stay loyal to my final 3 and keep Kelly. I decided to stay loyal to Kelly and voted Josh. I won immunity again in the final 3 and my dilemma on who to vote was intense for me. I care about both Kelly and Lexey deeply and consider them both to be good friends, but I voted Lexey out because I know my chances of winning this season are slim and I want the season to have the best winner possible, which I felt would be me or Kelly out of the final 3.

In conclusion this is why I should win. I came into the season not knowing a soul and had to build relationships from the ground up. Due to not having those bonds coming in my level of control over votes were hindered, which I made up for by using my strong connections with Kelly and Lexey to my advantage. I was able to get them to turn on their own friends outside of the game and keep me around despite having just met me. That should show my strong social game. I capitalized on those bonds furthermore by using them to get the target off my back, having Kelly specifically turn the premade alliances votes onto other people over me. I found an idol and played it correctly, negating 3 votes and avoiding a tie. I also held back in competitions deliberately to appear weaker than I truly was, and when I figured it was time to secure my safety, I went on an immunity streak from final 5 to final 2. Tiffany, Ethan, Nathan, you should vote for me because I represent what each and every one of us could've done. I defied the odds and found the cracks in the premade, getting myself to final 2. Matt, Wes, Josh, I plead with you to vote for me for the same reason. I'm sure you've been in games where it felt like there was nothing you could do to get into majority, I got here against all odds and on my own merits. I used Kelly to help get votes off of me, but once I found the idol in final 7 I took the game into my own hands and extended my social game into a physical and strategic one. Thank you for your time if you read this! And best of luck to my competitor Kelly.
1493 days 23 hours ago
Kelly2722
Hi y’all! To begin I just want to thank you guys for making this season somewhat enjoyable for me. Obviously it got annoying at times with the super delayed challenges and tribals, but this game was still super fun for me. I hope nobody feels really bitter towards me because none of my moves had malicious intent and they were strictly strategic game moves, and I definitely shed a few tears on multiple occasions when it came to voting some of my friends out. So I’m actually going to break down my game day by day to give y’all a good representation of how I played.

Pre-merge—

I never visited a tribal council until merge. I carried my tribes to immunity with each passing day, some of those times I was the only person from my tribe that even showed up to play. I never had to worry about voting anybody out, so I really focused on strengthening my relationships within my tribe. Cal and I instantly became close friends and I knew that I wanted to go far with her, and Lexey is one of my favorite people on this site so I knew I was sitting in a good spot. I also really liked Kacey Alexa and of course Nathan. I had a great relationship with everyone on my tribe and I knew that would help me in the long run. I also found the Lautoka tribe idol and I didn’t have to play it until F5, which even then I knew I wasn’t getting voted off because my relationships were so strong. Tribe swap came and I bonded a lot with Tiffany, and got the chance to play with some other friends that I hadn’t gotten the chance to. Again I just focused on strengthening my relationships because I never lost a challenge Pre-Merge.

Merge—
Final 9-
This is when shit hit the fan and the game actually got dramatic for me. I felt so good with my position in the game but then I got called out by Tiffany because she felt she was on the outside and thought I was running everything. Even though I was calling the shots, I actually did not want to vote Tiffany out this tribal until she attacked me. I planned on actually getting another side alliance going on with Tiffany, Nathan, Cal, Jimmy, and Will. But then Jimmy and Will both quit and Tiffany freaked out on me, and at that point I knew she was coming after me so I needed to take her out. Tiffany if you’re reading this, it was never my intent on how things went down between us, I was never mean to you or did anything to provoke a fight or anything, and I’m just sorry for how it went down between us.

Final 8-
At this point, I knew any shot of having a side alliance was off the table because Jimmy Will and Tiffany were now gone, which would just leave Nathan and Cal, and the numbers just weren’t there to support it. I did however try to push the vote onto Ethan because he hadn’t spoken two words to me in the game and I thought I would be a target of his. Lexey shot that down at first and everyone wanted to do Nathan. I couldn’t do anything about it so I initially locked Nathan in. However, later that night Lexey came to me and said to flip to Ethan because he took her out in another game or something, so I happily agreed and let everyone know. Wes was the only person who voted Nathan because he did not log on in time to see my message.

Final 7-
This was when everything got hard. I liked everyone left but it was clear everyone wanted Nathan out. There wasn’t much I could do, and I think Nathan was the rational vote for my game because he wasn’t even that active, but I still felt bad about the vote because we were allies up until that point. However something huge happened this day and a lot of interesting facts can be added to this day. I won the first two merge immunities, so this was the first time since the beginning of the game that I was actually eligible to be voted out. Also on this day, I shared my two idol clues with Cal because I couldn’t find it and I wanted some extra help. She then went on to find the idol and now I had 2 idols that I was in control of because Cal and I were a dynamic duo at this point.

Final 6-
This was the vote that changed everything. I won immunity and I was safe from the vote. However, I knew a move needed to be made. In the immunity challenge, it was a superlatives game and it was very revealing about how people viewed me and my gameplay. I never took any of the answers personally offensive because both Matt and Wes are two of my good friends, and even I had to answer some tough questions about my friends so I really didn’t let this challenge hurt my friendships, I don’t think anybody did. But on a strategic level, both Matt and Wes seen me as a strategic threat and both answered that Kelly(me) was the one who mistakenly thought he was in control of the game. This was an eye opener for me. Both Wes and Matt knew I was running shit and by this answer, I knew they’d try to take me out once they had the chance because they seen me as a threat. I couldn’t decide which of the two to vote out because I love them both so I let Cal decide and I just went with it. She said she’d rather do Matt. I told Cal to play her idol and that the two of us were about to pull off the biggest move of the game. When she played her idol, I feared the possibility that maybe Wes or Matt had an idol, so I told them that Cal told me she was voting Wes. When Matt revealed he had an idol and was playing it, as most of us seen, I made the biggest move of the season with four simple words: “Play it on Wes”. I think these words are going to haunt Matt forever, because he did play it on Wes and we voted out Matt (sorry Matt eek ily). I successfully flushed an idol and got out a big threat to win this game. I cried a lot this day because Matt is one of my best friends but I knew it had to be done and I hope he can forgive me for the move I made.

F5-
Finale night baby!
I didn’t need immunity because I had my idol but nobody knew I had it so I just acted like I needed to win immunity anyways. I knew Wes was getting voted out since Calypso won immunity so I just told Lexey that I was voting him. After Calypso won immunity and Wes exclaimed he was closer to Lexey and Josh than I was, I did worry momentarily so I was super glad I had my idol just in case. It was a 4-1 vote but I played my idol so Wes’ vote against me didn’t count. I figured that Wes would be boring for me, so while I did feel super bad about this vote, my game depended on it.

F4-
Calypso won immunity and I was very worried that Lexey would flip on me because I knew her and Josh were a lot closer than I was to either of them. I was terrified of going to a fire challenge so I talked to Lexey and did some convincing as to why she shouldn’t vote me out. I love Josh but he didn’t pay attention to this game so my argument was that me and Lexey fought a lot harder to get to where we were and we deserved to be in F3. Lexey self voted because she didn’t want to choose between her friends which I highly respect, and myself and Cal both voted Josh making it a 2-1-1 vote. Fun fact, this was the FIRST and ONLY vote that was ever counted against me in this game.

F3-
I wanted this to end at F3 and my heart dropped when it was announced F2 because I could not choose between Calypso and Lexey. Had I won immunity, I most likely would have taken Lexey to F2 because she is one of my best friends whereas Cal and I just met this game, but luckily for me I did not need to make that decision because Cal won final immunity. Cal fucking slayed all of the challenges on finale night and I can’t even downplay her wins because sis snapped. I cried when Lexey and I couldn’t be sitting in F2 together because just like Cal and I, Lexey and myself were together since day 1 and I would’ve loved nothing more than to be sitting next to her at the FTC.

Cal, I’m super glad we played this game together and became good friends. Thank you for sticking by my side at all times, being my ride or die, and choosing to stay loyal and taking me to F2.

That being said, I do believe I deserve to win this game. Cal does deserve it as well because she did overcome a lot, but she could not have done it without me. At any point, I could’ve chosen to cut Cal loose and got her voted out but I stayed loyal. If it was not for me, Cal wouldn’t have found the merge idol without me giving her my clues. I hate to say it, but it definitely can be said that I carried Cal throughout majority of this game, but she definitely did step up on finale night and she is the reason she’s sitting here in F2 and I won’t ever take that away from her. Congrats sista we did it!

I don’t think anybody cared as much as I did in this game. Since day 1, I put everything into this game even when I thought there was a chance the season could’ve been cancelled due to lack of energy and commitment from others. I was the ONLY person on this season who showed up to every single competition and I fucking slayed them too. Out of the 14 challenges played this season (including pre-merge), I won 9 of them. I won 3 individual immunities, was in control of 2 idols, flushed another idol, was on the right side of every vote, made big game moves, and I EARNED my spot at FTC. I played a remarkable Strategic, Social, and Physical game and I hope you guys reward all of my hard work throughout this season with a win.

I’ll answer all questions, good luck Cal, love you ❤️
1492 days 18 hours ago
OldNewz
6/7 Votes Received
1492 days 18 hours ago
Kelly2722
Oh wow

open group

M&N's Survivor (2016-2020)

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!