This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

ESCT33 SONGS/NEWS

Topic » ESCT33 SONGS/NEWS

1912 days 15 hours ago
DallasAndrew
'Austrian head delagation announces retirement after Second Chance Contest'

After another dissapointment in the contest, I announce that I will give up on Austria from the next edition, considering that something is not going according to our plans, even though the efforts were pretty big. So, Austria will be entered into a switch process if other head delegations are interested. We would like to take negotiations especially with the bosses from Italy, The Netherlands and Romania, but other offerts are taking into account as well, especially considering that the enumerated countries are hard to be thought that will be interested in a trade. I want also to announce that it was a pleasure to be part of the country's board, with all good and weak moments, but it seems that the 3rd place from the 31st edition remains just an exception, so Austria needs something different, as me as well.

Also I want to make some references about the recent disputes about the 'underrated' countries. There are for sure underrated countries in the contest, a lot of us have the feeling that if a certain song would have been representing a 'big' country it would have gained a certain success, while for other countries the results are dissapointing. If there are people voting for the name of a country I think thay should be ashamed of themselves and they should withdraw from the contest. But it is something we couldn't find out. Anyway, the contest is won by different countries every edition and to be sincere, nobody expected Croatia as a winner some editions ago, nobody expected Austria in top 3 two editions ago... so there are examples that are not going according to previous ones, with 'small' countries getting big results. And I want to make it clear that Austria is totally against a blocking vote that would not create anything else than a competition in which the music would not be in 1st place. We can understand the frustration of dissapointing results (I think we are truly capable to speak about that sort of dissapointments), but creating voting blocks would just ruin the spirit of the contest.
1912 days 15 hours ago
rodrigueseve
After that post I respect this asshole a whole lot more ^ just saying.
1912 days 15 hours ago
Catch_a_falling_star
Estonia thinks you have done a great job with Austria. 'Better off alone is one of our favourites in this contest and it was a shame we could not vote for it.
1912 days 14 hours ago
rodrigueseve
Slovakia and Estonia are in sync on this one we consider Austria very robbed and you will see how much when the semi votes are revealed.

open group

Eurovision Song Contest Tengaged

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!