This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Leg 8: Pit Stop

Topic » Leg 8: Pit Stop

592 days ago
Jaxon
I am standing here at the Sydney Opera House where this is the final stop in the teams second leg of this race.

The last team to arrive MAY be eliminated.
592 days ago
Jaxon
The first team to arrive is....
Purple Parrots
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Roadblock: Ignorance by Paramore

Krystal- I do remember this Paramore album because I swear I have the CD somewhere. Bopped to this song plenty in my teens. I really like it because it has really solid vocals paired against the instrumental, and her voice gets the nice amount of raw. Take my #1! https://i.imgur.com/AtuM2RJ.gif *1/6*

Deme- Love Paramore! Love Hayley Williams' voice! Love this specific song! Bop! Really hard week! *5/6*

Josh- Earlier in the season there was another Paramore song and I really enjoyed that one and said I felt bad because I'm always so negative towards Paramore. I really thought me and Paramore were turning a new leaf. I was wrong. It's okay? Kind of indifferent leaning towards dislike but they can't have only hits. I feel like other judges will like this more than me. *4/6*

Jaxon- Oh she rarely misses… and I must say, this was not one of the uncommon occasions. This song was so good, the beat, her stellar vocals, the anger. I stan your choice here. Honestly, this is a really great start to this theme, coming off the strong choices from Partner A’s…. I truly hope this round is competitive too, but not too competitive for you. No complaints here, good choice. *3/6*

The four scores combined gave you an average of 3.25. You left the roadblock third.

-
Detour: Bite Me by Avril Lavigne (Purple Parrots)

Krystal- I cannot deny this was a really good Avril Lavigne song, and I really liked listening to it when it first came out. It has a really spiteful energy to it, and the typical Avril punk pop song I really love to hear. Take my #1! https://i.imgur.com/AtuM2RJ.gif *1/6*

Deme- !!! Hi Avril! Absolute bop of a song, it's true. I love the opening vocals, I love instrumental, I love... Avril? I just love Avril. *3/6*

Jaxon- Love Sux was SUCH a good return to form for miss avril… and Bite Me truly was just the standout icon of the album. Like DAMN does the radio/my airpods go all the way up when this song comes on so I can belt out. She does pop rock so well and you can just feel the emotion in this song, mom has a vendetta and she is going to sing her heart out. Great pick. *3/6*

Josh- While I think there are other songs off this album that could've fit the theme I love this song and this album. Am I finally not a Tyler hater for once in this competition? *2/6*

The four scores combined gave you an average of 2.25. You left the detour first.

-
Your two placements of 3rd & 1st gave you an overall average of 2. This tied with another team, but you left the detour first. I am pleased to announce you are the FIRST team to arrive at the pit stop.
592 days ago
Jaxon
The 2nd team to arrive is... Fallen Angels
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Roadblock: I Shot Cupid by Stela Cole

Jaxon- Well, we all already know I am a miss Stela Cole stan. This is the song that got me into her, and while I think there are other songs by her that could work too, this song just has aged so well for me. The beat is happy and upbeat, but then you just listen to what she is saying and it’s like so iconic. I do love this song. *2/6*

Krystal- I feel like there was a time this song would’ve worked for me, but it wasn’t this one. This song is a solid pop hit, but it is almost too polished for me, and I don’t really know how much I enjoy the voice beyond the general B-B-B-BANG bit. Plus at one point she squeaks like a dog toy and it makes me soooo mad. *5/6*

Deme- This is just... so fun. I don't know. I love the vocals, I love the beat... shrugs. *3/6*

Josh- I Shot Cupid by Stela Cole - I really liked this song! I really enjoy the beat, the lyrics, and the story. I've felt that and been in that state of mind where it's like I'm just so over people and by love. Really strong song choice for the round. *2/6*

The four scores combined gave you an average of 3. You left the roadblock second.

-
Detour: Mamas Broken Heart by Miranda Lamber (Fallen Angels)

Jaxon- Oh my how this takes me back. Female country from the 2000s and very early 2010s is always the way to my heart. Miranda completely created a new bar with this song right here… and it just has truly stood the test of time. It’s here. everything necessary you would need in a song is here and I completely respect the choice to cater to me, even if there is a certain judge who thinks female country icons aren’t worth their time. *2/6*

Deme-  I am, like... so surprised we've never had this song posted before...? Miranda always goes off, and this is honestly just... so good. It's so good. The lyrics? The vocals? 🥰 *2/6*

Josh- It was okay for a Miranda Lambert song? You got the wrong judge to post a country music song for. I'm sure Jaxon is eating this up and maybe Krystal idk. Just not for me. *5/6*

Krystal- I looooove this song! No song gives heartbroken and angry and messy like this one does. I’ve heard it plenty of times, and it kicks ass no matter how often I listen. The chorus is really high energy, too. *2/6*

The four scores combined gave you an average of 2.75. You left the detour second.

-
Your two placements of 2nd & 2nd gave you an overall average of 2. This tied with another team, but you left the roadblock second. I am pleased to tell you that you are the SECOND team to arrive at the pit stop.
592 days ago
Jaxon
The 3rd team to arrive is... The Norwoods
Roadblock: dramatic by Cat & Calmell

Jaxon- Oooo, this one sounds really good… wait, do I know this? I can’t tell. This one really impressed me and kept me captivated from start to finish. I think everything came together extremely well for this song, and truly, I must say I was a big fan. This one will probably get added to my playlist as soon as I remember to sit down and do all that. *1/6*

Krystal- This voice is one where I don’t know if I should love it or hate it, like it’s kind of smooth and kind of drags and sounds sort of half-asleep, but I really like it. I do think the song is a bit all over the place, though, and that part makes it hard for me to tell if I love it as much as I could. *3/6*

Deme- Love the vocals here - and the longer it goes on the more I like it, actually? Bop? *1/6*

Josh- Dramatic by Cat and Calmell - Okay so like.. adding this to my playlist. Obsessed with this and I love finding new music I can play on repeat until I hate it and I feel like that is gonna be this song. *1/6*

The four scores combined gave you an average of 1.5. You left the roadblock first.

-
Detour: My Kink Is Karma by Chappell

Jaxon- Oh let me tell you a little story…. I stan Miss Chappell Roen, and when this song came out she was just a total miss for me. But then, I returned to it months later… listened to it a few times… and something just clicked. Disguised by a slower tune, is vocals that are full of malice and spit and a story that needed to be TOLD. From start to finish…. it is just so whole & complete, and neither did she nor you miss with the song for me. However, I unfortunately don’t see it doing well with all the judges because it is a slower song at points. Great choice, good luck bestie. *1/6*

Krystal- This song is really slow, and the vocals are solid, but altogether it feels like the song sort of drags at times. And honestly when the vocals get into this talk singing thing then going into real singing, I really hate that. Overall, her voice grates on me and annoys me. *6/6*

Deme- Love the vocals here, love the lyrics, love the instrumental. It all fits together really well, too, so like... go off. *5/6*

Josh- The way I can tell you this is Jaxon's #1 for this theme. Its cute and fun. The chorus is easily better than the verses. Not terrible overall just kind of middle of the road *4/6*

The four scores combined gave you an average of 4. You left the detour fourth.

-
Your two placements of 1st & 4th gave you an overall average of 2.5. I am pleased to tell you that you are the THIRD team to arrive at the pit stop.
592 days ago
Jaxon
The 4th team to arrive is... The BecKinning
Roadblock: Eat Me by Demi Lovato ft. Royal & The Serpent

Krystal- I love this song! Demi has a really good voice, and I really like how the new album went back to a more pop punk vibe with more emphasis on the punk here. Plus, I also like the featured artist, so that’s an added bonus. *2/6*

Josh- I feel like I really enjoy some of Demi's new music. This isn't one of the songs I love. It's fits the theme well but not in a way that I enjoy listening to. *5/6*

Jaxon- Hmm, okay so I do need to check out Demis new album & sound. This was a solid song, I do think the feature was necessary and kinda had the standout moments- something about her voice just really fit in with the beat and the feel of the song. Demis parts were good too, but something about the others voice really outsold. I liked this song, and I think the other judges will too. *5/6*

Deme- Okay wow, new Demi Lovato music goes off, actually? Royal & the Serpent goes off, too, so like...! *4/6*

The four scores combined gave you an average of 4. You left the roadblock fifth.

-
Detour: Snakes by Miyavi & PVRIS

Deme- Oh oh oh, League music! It always goes off, and this is no exception, actually? I love the screaming, I love the chorus, I love the instrumental, I love the ah-ah-ah-ah-ah in the background- great pick. *1/6*

Josh- Oh wow! For asking what I thought of the songs this round I was really expecting you to kill it this round. This song is not for me I fear. Maybe my least favorite thing you've posted this season? Let's hope history doesn't repeat itself because I said that to Kat last round and then they were swiftly out the door. Let's hope Beck has a slay song *6/6*

Jaxon- The anger in this one is really giving chorus of Monster by Pvris which I really appreciate. It’s a fun song that honestly would do well in most situations of lineups for songs, but honestly I see like three iconic S tier songs below and……. just know it isn’t you, it’s me <3. I really did enjoy this song, and this is just another case of a strong ass lineup….. thank you for giving me queen PVRIS to listen to…. and overall a good song in my books. *5/6*

Krystal- I do like these vocals, as they are definitely giving the energy I expected. I really like the chorus the most, as it feels like the perfect use of the synth and all these screaming vocals, and the instrumental is really well-done. The talking parts aren’t as exciting to me as the rest, but it events out overall into a solid song. *3/6*

The four scores combined gave you an average of 3.75. You left the detour third.

-
Your two placements of 5th & 3rd gave you an overall average of 4. I am pleased to tell you that you are the FOURTH team to arrive at the pit stop.
592 days ago
Jaxon
The 5th team to arrive is... Lavender Ladies
Roadblock: Easier than Lying by Halsey

Deme- Oh wow, the instrumental at the start... okay, love this, actually? Go off Halsey? *2/6*

Jaxon- Hm, Halsey is very hit or miss for me, so I’m interested to see how this song goes for me. Honestly, this one didn’t land in the miss category for me. I think the verses were a lot better than the chorus…. her vocals were just a wee bit too drowned out during the chorus. It may just be a feature of the song that needs to grow on me over time because everything else was reallly good and I liked. *6/6*

Krystal- I don’t remember if I’ve heard this Halsey song. Her voice is alright, and it certainly gives an eerie sound at times. I do like it a lot more when it starts to pick up and her voice rises and gets all raw, and it’s really quite enjoyable once it picks up. However, when it slows down, I’m a little less in love. *4/6*

Josh- I was surprised by this song. I don't listen to a lot of Halsey so I was expecting to not like this song much because all the Halsey songs I've heard so far in my life haven't made a huge good impression on me. Pretty good choice! *3/6*

The four scores combined gave you an average of 3.75. You left the roadblock fourth.

-
Detour: Checkmate by Conan Gray

Josh- Oh Deme is a Conan Gray stan so I know she will put this super high. Tbh the only time I listen to Conan or learn new songs by him is from this. Every song we've gotten by him I've liked. Not as good as telepath but this was good! *3/6*

Jaxon- No like, I get it, the pettiness in this song really gives iconic Taylor Swift Reputation era levels. For me, it wasn’t really a standout song, especially in comparison to the others one I am listening to in this theme. It didn’t do anything wrong per say, the beat was good and fun, the lyrics were petty, but it just failed to surpass some of the other classics that are on repeat in my playlist. *6/6*

Krystal- I said I hate Conan Grey, and I doubt this will change anything, but I’ll give it the benefit of the doubt, I guess. The instrumental is solid, but his voice makes me want to throw things at him and see how fast he can run away from me so I can never hear him again. It’s just the right level of whine for me to be angry. And the chorus makes me almost hopeful, except it’s his voice in it, so I really hate that, too.*4/6*

Deme- Oh... I feel so much fear for you choosing Conan Gray, actually... eyes a certain judge... however, I love love looove Conan's voice, wow wow, and the instrumental...? The way it picks up at the chorus? 🥰 *4/6*

The four scores combined gave you an average of 4.25. This tied with another team, but you left the roadblock first. You left the detour fifth.

-
Your two placements of 4th & 5th gave you an overall average of 4.5. I am pleased to tell you that you are the FIFTH team to arrive at the pit stop.
591 days 23 hours ago
Jaxon
Which means, the 6th team to arrive is... Rosalina & Luma
Roadblock: Skyscraper by Demi Lovato

Jaxon- When it comes to early Demi, I was definitely a hits fan, and skyscraper was no exception to that. I definitely haven’t heard it in ages, and from my memory I was kinda confused why this was posted for this category…. but like after listening to it, I get it. The beat doesn’t really convey it, but I definitely hear it in her vocals and the emotion is there. The last chorus she does really well in, this is definitely a forgotten about song that idk why I forgot about it. *4/6*

Krystal- This song is super slow and kind of sad and just drags on for me. I don’t like her voice because it’s quite whiny and there’s nothing really to catch my attention, so I’m spacing out listening. *6/6*

Deme- ...I'm so sorry but like... what? Gorgeous vocals. But like... what. Also I don't like this song. Sorry. 👉👈. *6/6*

Josh- So this song sticks out like a sore thumb this round. She's the most basic out of all the choices, she is the slowest, I can see why it fits the theme and the intention but like for me it's just the weakest of the bunch. *6/6*

The four scores combined gives you an average of 5.5. You left the roadblock sixth.

-
Detour: You Don’t Know Me by Elizabeth Gillies

Josh- Okay why does this show have so many good songs and why has Jaxon never sent me this one? Because he will always send me songs from this show but this is the first time I've ever heard this one. Now that phase 2 has started will you start slaying and keep up the momentum of this song? We shall see. *1/6*

Krystal- Is this fucking Victorious? This song is so fucking bad. I literally do not know what to say. Somehow it is still not the worst, but it’s bad. Of all the options from Victorious, this was not it for me. *5/6*

Deme- The way I'm blinking at a Victorious song being used this week... but like... her voice is good, I dunno! *6/6*

Jaxon- Ugh, I am such a victorious stan and an Elizabeth Gillies stan. This one is going to hurt…. because once again, I do think in any given week this could have been my #1 of the round, but with the lineup I do feel there are a couple I vibe with more. Her voice is amazing, per usual, and I really wish she would have had a small singing career after the show bc she always slayed. Love the song choice bestie. *4/6*

The four scores combined, and a penalty point, gave you an average of 4.25. This tied with another team, but you left the roadblock second. You left the detour sixth.

-
Your two placements of 6th & 6th gave you an average of 6. You are the SIXTH team to arrive at the pit stop.

I am sorry to tell you, you both have been eliminated from the race.
591 days 23 hours ago
Jaxon
Roadblock:
Jaxon:
1. dramatic
2. I Shot Cupid
3. Ignorance
4. Skyscraper
5. Eat Me
6. Easier than Lying

Krystal:
1. Ignorance
2. EAT ME
3. dramatic
4. Easier Than Lying
5. I Shot Cupid
6. Skyscraper

Deme:
1. dramatic
2. Easier Than Lying
3. I Shot Cupid
4. EAT ME
5. Ignorance
6. Skyscraper

Josh:
1. dramatic
2. I Shot Cupid
3. Easier than Lying
4. Ignorance
5. Eat Me
6. Skyscraper

Roadblock Overall:
1. dramatic (1.5)
2. I Shot Cupid (3)
3. Ignorance (3.25)
4. Easier Than Lying (3.75)
5. Eat Me (4)
6. Skyscraper (5.5)

-

Detour:
Jaxon:
1. My Kink Is Karma
2. Mamas Broken Heart
3. Bite Me
4. You Don’t Know Me
5. Snakes
6. Checkmate

Krystal:
1. Bite Me
2. Mama’s Broken Heart
3. Snakes
4. Checkmate
5. You Don’t Know Me
6. My Kink Is Karma

Deme:
1. Snakes
2. Mama’s Broken Heart
3. Bite Me
4. Checkmate
5. My Kink Is Karma
6. You Don’t Know Me

Josh:
1. You Don’t Know Me
2. Bite Me
3. Checkmate
4. My Kink Is Karma
5. Mamas Broken Heart
6. Snakes

Detour Overall:
1. Bite Me (2.25)
2. Mamas Broken Heart (2.75)
3. Snakes (3.75)
4. My Kink Is Karma (4)
5. Checkmate (4.25) (Left Roadblock First)
6. You Don’t Know Me (4.25 w/ penalty point) (Left Roadblock Second)

-
Leg Overall:
1. Purple Parrots (3 + 1 = 4 / 2 = 2) (Left Detour First)
2. Fallen Angels (2 + 2 = 4 / 2 = 2) (Left Detour Second)
3. Norwoods (1 + 4 = 5 / 2 = 2.5)
4. BecKinning (5 + 3 = 8 / 2 = 4)
5. Lavender Ladies (4 + 5 = 9 / 2 = 4.5)
6. Rosalina & Luma (6 + 6 = 12 / 2 = 6)

open group

Jaxons Ultimate Song Choice

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!