This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Leg 4: Pit Stop

Topic » Leg 4: Pit Stop

611 days 7 hours ago
Jaxon
I am standing here at St. Paul’s Cathedral where this is the final stop in the teams second leg of this race.

The last team to arrive MAY be eliminated.
611 days 7 hours ago
Jaxon
The first team to arrive is....
The BecKinning!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Roadblock: Last Laugh by FLETCHER

Josh- Last Laugh by FLETCHER - Okay this song is kind of a slay? When the beat slows down in the chorus? Compared to the pacing of the verses? Its just so good??? I cant... I love everything about this song. The longer it went on I just was more and more entranced. Hits the button to turn my chair. Like coming back to add this in after listening to all the songs. This just outsold everything else this week. 2nd was really good and I wanted to give it 1st but I just couldnt after hearing this. *1/9*

Jaxon- I don’t know if I can name why, how, or where… but like, I know Fletcher? I think this song kinda found a happy medium of what some other songs were a little too skewed on for me. Like the chorus on this song kinda ate tf up. The verses were a little bit like just 1 decimal below iconic, but overall, I liked this song a lot. I may add it to my playlist as an experiment to see how she holds up over time. Good choice! *2/9*

The two scores combined gave you an average of 1.5. This tied with another team, but you left the pit stop first. You left the roadblock first.

-
Detour: La La Land by Demi Lovato

Krystal- I fucking love La La Land. I first discovered this song in a TDI Gwen AMV and it just sort of kicks ass in all the right ways, this sweet but subtle pop rock sound that has a bit of normalcy for young girls who desperately needed it. Funnily, I always thought this said she was in the la la land with Shane and it was a Camp Rock song. Whoops… Anyway, nostalgia still makes this song kick ass for me, so it’s going very high! *2/9*

Deme- ..I mean, come on. It's La La Land. It's a bop, the instrumental goes off, her voice is just... yes? Yes. Who said I can't wear my Converse with my dress? Legendary line. *2/9*

The two scores combined gave you an average of 2. This tied with another team, but you left the roadblock first. You left the detour first.

-
Your two placements of 1st & 1st gave you an overall average of 1. I am pleased to tell you that you are the first team to arrive at the pit stop. As winners of this leg, you have also won the Yield to use in Leg 5.
611 days 7 hours ago
Jaxon
The 2nd team to arrive is... The Animal Pact
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Roadblock: Kiss or Kill by Stela Cole

Jaxon- Oh we stan Stela Cole over here in the Jaxon’s judging headquarters. I like quite a few of this icons songs, but I must say, Kiss or Kill really is up there in her best of the best for me. It is so catchy, and she just does the song justice. Like just from start to finish it is an amazing song, and this artist truly is a very close representation of the kind of music I have REALLY been vibing with as of recent. We stan this choice. *1/9*

Josh- Omg love this song tbh? Nothing I love more in a song than a woman trying to murder and kill a man. Gives very like woman on a revenge path with a hitlist of all the men that wronged her vibe. Fits the theme pretty well. "Bloodlust" She is literally talking about wanting to murder this man. To spill some blood. Solid choice. Can see this potentially winning this theme. *2/9*

The two scores combined gave you an average of 1.5. This tied with another team, but you left the pit stop second. You left the roadblock second.

-
Detour: I Want To Be With You by chloe moriondo

Deme- Yeah, 20 seconds in and I'm kind of obsessed. The vocals, the instrumental- oh, oh oh oh, the instrumental just picked up for a bit 🥰- but yeah, it all just works so well together? Go off? *1/9*

Krystal- I think this is Blood Bunny… maybe. I listened to that whole album, and I did like this song a lot, mostly because of those rock sounds it throws in here and there, but I’ll admit there are others I would have liked a lot more. Overall, I’m finding this song a little underwhelming when I'm not listening to it while doing anything else in existence because it pushes a little too slow in places, and I keep waiting for it to accelerate, but it doesn’t. *6/9*

The two scores combined gave you an average of 3.5. You left the detour third.

-
Your two placements of 2nd & 3rd gave you an overall average of 2.5. I am pleased to tell you that you are the second team to arrive at the pit stop.
611 days 7 hours ago
Jaxon
The 3rd team to arrive is... The Norwoods
Roadblock: Jennifers Body by Clara Fable

Josh- This song had a really good visual! Kind of better than the song itself. Its fine. It works. Felt a bit simple at times. I dont really have much notes for this. Wasnt life changing but like I get it as a post for this week. I dont think it'll make you leave this week but its not really boosting you up to 1st by any means. *6/9*

Jaxon- This was a pretty decent start to this round. Objectively, I dont really think that there is anything wrong with this song- maybe that not so great dance great near the end. It’s doing enough for it to be a fun catchy song to listen to, but it is definitely missing an element or two that shoots it to the next level of this is a bop I fuck with. Kinda average for me, it really depends how the rest of the songs are! *6/9*

The two scores combined gave you an average of 6. This tied with two other teams, but you left the pit stop first. You left the roadblock fifth.

-
Detour: Close Your Eyes by Kim Petras

Krystal- I do love Kim Petras music, and these Halloween bops were super refreshing on release. I wasn’t sure at first, but then she started really getting into it, and I remembered why I looped this song so fucking much originally. It’s truly got all the energy of a cyborg pop murder song. Dunno what that means, but it has it! *4/9*

Deme- All the Kim Petras hate blogs just to send this...? 😳... but yeah, Kim makes bops. This is a bop. Haven't heard it before, probably not my favourite by her, but the chorus goes off, so...! *6/9*

The two scores combined gave you an average of 5. You left the detour fourth.

-
Your two placements of 5th & 4th gave you an overall average of 4.5. This tied with another team, but you left the detour first. I am pleased to tell you that you are the third team to arrive at the pit stop.
611 days 7 hours ago
Jaxon
The 4th team to arrive is... Purple Parrots
Roadblock: Love is a Suicide by Natalia Kills

Josh-  don't3 think I've actually ever heard a song by this woman. I just know her from the memes from the X Factor or whatever show she was on. At first I thought it was gonna sound very gospel throughout the song with the church choir at the start and then BAM the beat slaps you in the face. I'm struggling on where I wanna put this tbh. Its gonna change up.. I wanna throw it at first but like.. do I like it more than some others? I'm not sure... I feel like it'll definitely be very high for me. *3/9*

Jaxon- So like, I’m kinda torn, because I’m not in love with this, but in comparison to the overall lineup this round, at least it is giving me something that brings it a tiny bit outside of the meh category. Like there are a few elements of this song I am less than stellar about, but the overall package is kinda fun and catchy and something I’d like. It’s definitely giving theme park halloween event club section, which is meh, but I like her vocals quite a bit. Overall, probably one of the better songs this round, but not amazing. *3/9*

The two scores combined gave you an average of 3. You left the roadblock third.

-
Detour: How Do You Sleep? by Sam Smith

Krystal- Is it bad I keep forgetting Sam Smith exists…? They were one of the blueprints for coming out as nonbinary, though… I think. Sam Smith’s voice doesn’t do much for me usually, and I’ll admit the chorus is kind of annoying to me. The emotion is good, but it’s completely fucked over by how there’s no real rawness, only Siri. But you’re still valid on Mortal Instruments favs! 🤗 *8/9*

Deme- Oh oh oh, I forgot this song existed! It used to be on the radio all the time, but like... no, it's good? It's really good. The vocals, wow wow wow? And the chorus! Is so catchy! I'm kind of obsessed. *4/9*

The two scores combined gave you an average of 6. This tied with another team, but you left the roadblock first. You left the detour sixth.

-
Your two placements of 3rd & 6th gave you an overall average of 4.5. This tied with another team, but you left the detour second. I am pleased to tell you that you are the FOURTH team to arrive at the pit stop.
611 days 7 hours ago
Jaxon
In 5th we have... Lavender Ladies
Roadbock: Funeral by Miguel

Josh- Well... this is only this high because I liked the songs I put below I disliked so much more. I guess I get it? Its just like.. not for me. The weird flippant between singing and rapping just back and forth and then the clicking noises and too much bass in the song. I feel like the singing parts have a nice melody in the vocals but the music of the song doesnt really match for me. *7/9*

Jaxon- So, I’ll start out with the positive in that the production of this song was done really well and I quite appreciated it. Other than the really mellowed out and catchy beat, the song otherwise kind of bored me. The vocals were fine, just kinda meh overall. It had a hard time keeping my attention and for me, this isn’t really something I would seek out to listen to again, and will probably forget it was a song posted before the season is over. *8/9*

The two scores combined gave you an average of 7.5. You left the roadblock eighth.

-
Detour: Immaterial by SOPHIE

Krystal- I’ve always wanted to try to listen to Sophie, may she rest in peace. But I know she’s responsible for some of the best hyper pop ever. And so far, I’m feeling it! It’s sweet and bubblegum and a bit dreamy, like if you put FEMM and Mika in a jar and shook them and saw what came out. Thanks for introducing me to this! And take my #1! https://i.imgur.com/AtuM2RJ.gif *1/9*

Deme- Oh wait, I'm obsessed with this intro, actually? I've never actually listened to SOPHIE, but like... damn, this is a bop, okay? And I thiiink Krystal's gonna like this one a lot, so...! *3/9*

The two scores combined gave you an average of 2. This tied with another team, but you left the roadblock second. You left the detour second.

-
Your two scores of 8th & 2nd gave you an overall average of 5. I am pleased to tell you that you are the FIFTH team to arrive at the pit stop.
611 days 7 hours ago
Jaxon
In 6th we have... #TeamMarina
Roadblock: Heads Will Roll by yeahyeahyeah

Josh- I think the only time ive heard this song was in the glee mashup so it was nice to actually listen to the full singular song. Its completely understandable why this was picked for this theme and that makes total sense. It kind of only has one note the entire song like.. you've heard the first half and then you've basically heard the 2nd half. Nothing really too complex happening here. *5/9*

Jaxon- So like, I didn’t enjoy this during Glee week season 1, but maybe the original will just outsell. I don’t know… it is just a little too like…. mindles(?) for me to really vibe with. The dancey beat is obviously the selling point of the song- but that isn’t necessarily a selling point for me. Her voice is really nice, I do enjoy the vocals she is providing us with, I just wish the lyrics were MORE. Kinda too clubby for me bestie <3. *7/9*

The two scores combined gave you an average of 6. This tied with two other teams, but you left the pit stop third. You left the roadblock seventh.

-
Detour: 4 DEGREES by ANOHNI

Krystal- I’ve never heard this song, but it’s really giving me Woodkid in terms of instrumental. The vocals work well with this sort of sound, and I think it’s strong enough it is not sunk under by all these impressive background noises. Overall, I’m super excited this round is giving me a bit more of an experimental sound than expected! And when those vocals get a little raw and rough, I’m like hellll yesss. *3/9*

Deme- ...Okay, wow. Holy shit. Love love love the vocals, just... something about this feels so... I don't know, ominous? Is ominous a good word for it? Haunting? Babe... it's only 4 degrees? Is this about global warming... 😧... *8/9*

The two scores combined gave you an average of 5.5. You left the detour fifth.

-
Your two placements of 7th & 5th gave you an overall average of 6. This tied with another team, but you left the detour first. I am pleased to tell you that you are the SIXTH team to arrive at the pit stop.
611 days 7 hours ago
Jaxon
In 7th we have... Fallen Angels
Roadblock: Secret “re-imagined” by Denmark + Winter

Josh- I remember being pissed when the OG song won over my song in the infamous Coco's meltdown week S6. This version outsells? I don't love the like.. music box/carnival sound of that one. This one is darker and more moody. Its truly a better and evolved version of the song. Is it like.. inventive to pick a song that has won before in the past? no. But to be fair the current judging panel wasnt judging that season. If this version was posted over that one in S6 though? I'd understand why that one won. I can see Fallen Angels having a bit of redemption this week possibly? *4/9*

Jaxon- So, hm, tbh I’m kind of mixed on this one. I don’t hate this edition of the song… I just think I prefer the original, and feel like I wanted a bit more originality considering the original won a similar themed week. I think as a song, it’s fine. I wish the pace was picked up a little bit more, having a slow buildup throughout the song with the instrumental music. The voice was fine, overall this song was just fine and average to me. *5/9*

The two scores combined gave you an average of 4.5. You left the roadblock fourth.

-
Detour: Can’t Do Better by Kim Petras

Krystal- Oh, this week is rough… I really, really wish I could just rank all these songs super high, but I do not exist in this universe. So while I do like this song, I’ll admit my headache may be a part in not liking this one as much as the chorus is sort of pounding at me with a rock. And much as I like the song, it does feel like it drags as well, kind of like the song Snails sent, and that does itch at my brain a bit when I’m not doing literally anything else but listen, as I stated there. *7/9*

Deme- Hi again, Kim. Still a bop, as her songs always are. I love love looove her voice here, though, especially at the chorus, so...! *5/9*

The two scores combined gave you an average of 6. This tied with another team, but you left the roadblock second. You left the detour seventh.

-
Your two placements of 4th & 7th gave you an average of 5.5. I am pleased to tell you that you are actually the SIXTH team to arrive at the pit stop.
611 days 7 hours ago
Jaxon
Fallen Angels - SIXTH
#TeamMarina - SEVENTH
611 days 7 hours ago
Snails
Oh wow the extremely rare production error
611 days 7 hours ago
Jaxon
The 8th team to arrive is... Rosalina & Luma
Roadblock: Pumped Up Kicks by Foster the People

Josh- The visceral reaction I had to this song. I don't like the weird distortion on the voices in the verses are a no for me. Also what was the obsession with playing this song in gym class in school? Like what was that about. Like.. I'm trying to think of something nice about this song to say.. It just isnt for me. I don't see it scoring well with the other judge either but I could be wrong. In terms of this seasons theme being "race" you better hope Zach is gonna run better run into 1st place because you are gonna need it for that average score to not be 9 this round. Good luck! *8/9*

Jaxon- You know, I’m gonna be honest, when I first saw this song posted… I was thinking it was probably going to be boring in this lineup. It’s a good song, just way overplayed at one point, and kind of a basic and safe choice. However, with this ending this round out for me… she kinda eats? Like safe definitely is working out for you in my ranks just because the lineup for me this round was lacking. I don’t have much to say about the song itself, it’s a good song, I liked it when it was on the radio, and while I don’t seek out listening to it, I don’t mind listening to it. The song may drag on a bit longer than it should, but it’s good overall. *4/9*

The two scores combined gave you an average of 6. This tied with two other teams, but you left the pit stop second. You left the roadblock sixth.

-
Detour: Make Me Feel by Janelle Monae

Krystal- I don’t remember liking this one Janelle Monae song that much, but maybe I’ll like this one. Oh wait, no, I’ve heard this! Is this the one song by her I like? I’m shocked it went like this… I was expecting to be disappointed, not gonna lie. I really love the subtle wubwubwub they use, and I like the energy of the chorus, all whisper-y and sweet in the right way. *5/9*

Deme- Thought my audio was broken for a minute there... fun intro, though! I like whatever the hell is going on here. And her voice? Obsessed. Oh it's this song! I know her! Catchy as fuck. *7/9*

The two scores combined gave you an average of 6. This tied with two other teams, but you left the roadblock third. You left the detour eighth.

-
Your two placements of 6th & 8th gave you an overall average of 7. I am pleased to tell you that you are the EIGHTH team to arrive at the pit stop.
611 days 7 hours ago
Jaxon
The 9th team to arrive is... The Cool Kids
Roadblock: Just One Fix by Ministry

Josh- I think this is my least favorite song I've ever heard posted in 8 seasons of this game? Thats including when I had a redemption theme that was "the worst song posted wins" That would of won this week. You really took a risk posting heavy death metal in this competition. It Did NOT work. If your team goes home this week this song is the reason why. I thought another song was dead set gonna be the worst of the week til I heard this. I sat through nearly 5 minutes of this waiting for it to get better but.. it didn't. I think the first minute with 0 vocals was better than the next 4 minutes of the song. *9/9*

Jaxon- Oh…. I fear this was a miss. I, uh, I don’t want to be mean… this just isn’t my style of music at all. Like I get it for the theme… but I just don’t think this would have done well across the board no matter who the 2 judges were. Luckily, this is only one half of the leg so there is always the chance the detour goes much better… but for me, this unfortunately just stands no chance unless another heavy metal song is posted. *9/9*

The two scores combined gave you an average of 9. You left the roadblock ninth.

-
Detour: ??

Krystal- blinks *9/9*

Deme- lol *9/9*

The two scores combined gave you an average of 9. You left the detour ninth.

-
Your two placements of 9th & 9th gave you an overall average of 9. You are team number NINE.

I am sorry to tell you, you both have been eliminated from the race.
611 days 7 hours ago
Jaxon
Roadblock:
Jaxon:
1. Kiss or Kill
2. Last Laugh
3. Love is a Suicide
4. Pumped Up Kicks
5. Secret
6. Jennifer’s Body
7. Heads Will Roll
8. Funeral
9. Just One Fix

Josh:
1. Last Laugh
2. Kiss or Kill
3. Love is a Suicide
4. Secret
5. Heads Will Roll
6. Jennifers Body
7. Funeral
8. Pumped Up Kicks
9. Just One Fix

Roadblock Overall:
1. Last Laugh (1.5) (Left Pit Stop First)
2. Kiss or Kill (1.5) (Left Pit Stop Second)
3. Love is a Suicide (3)
4. Secret (4.5)
5. Jennifer’s Body (6) (Left Pit Stop First)
6. Pumped Up Kicks (6) (Left Pit Stop Second)
7. Heads Will Roll (6) (Left Pit Stop Third)
8. Funeral (7.5)
9. Just One Fix (9)

Detour:
Krystal:
1. Immaterial
2. La La Land
3. 4 Degrees
4. Close Your Eyes
5. Make Me Feel
6. I Want To Be With You
7. Can’t Do Better
8. How Do You Sleep?
9. ???

Deme:
1. I Want To Be With You
2. La La Land
3. Immaterial
4. How Do You Sleep?
5. Can’t Do Better
6. Close Your Eyes
7. Make Me Feel
8. 4 Degrees
9. ??

Detour Overall:
1. La La Land (2) (Left Roadblock First)
2. Immaterial (2) (Left Roadblock Second)
3. I Want To Be With You (3.5)
4. Close Your Eyes (5)
5. 4 Degrees (5.5)
6. How Do You Sleep (6) (Left Roadblock First)
7. Can’t Do Better (6) (Left Roadblock Second)
8. Make Me Feel (6) (Left Roadblock Third)
9. ?? (9)

-
Leg Overall:
1. The BecKinning (1 + 1 = 2 / 2 = 1)
2. Animal Pact (2 + 3 = 5 / 2 = 2.5)
3. Norwoods (5 + 4 = 9 / 2 = 4.5) (Left Detour First)
4. Purple Parrots (3 + 6 = 9 / 2 = 4.5) (Left Detour Second)
5. Lavender Ladies (8 + 2 = 10 / 2 = 5)
6. Fallen Angels (4 + 7 = 11 / 2 = 5.5)
7. Marina (7 + 5 = 12 / 2 = 6)
8. Rosalina & Luma (6 + 8 = 14 / 2 = 7)
9. Cool Kids (9 + 9 = 18 / 2 = 9)

open group

Jaxons Ultimate Song Choice

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!