This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Leg 2: Pit Stop

Topic » Leg 2: Pit Stop

611 days 1 hour ago
Jaxon
I am standing here at The Tower of London where this is the final stop in the teams second leg of this race.

The last team to arrive MAY be eliminated.
611 days 1 hour ago
Jaxon
The first team to arrive is....
The Fallen Angels!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Roadblock: This Hell by Rina Sawayama

Deme- This... is such a bop. Do I recognize this...? (I do. Found her in my Spotify likes. 😳) Anyways! The vocals, wow wow wow, and the chorus? The way she says "This hell is better with you"? The instrumental? The LYRICS? Bop. Great pick, honestly, it's just so fun to listen to? *2/10*

Krystal- I love this song! Rina Sawayama really went off with it. Like it has this sort of energy to it that’s just catching. I guess I never realized it was a song going off, but then again doesn’t she usually do that in music…? I swear she had an entire song dissing the pop culture of music. Anyway, this song is really fucking fun and it reminds me of some Kesha era lyricism. Also, yes, say fuck ‘em for what they did to Britney! So glad she’s thriving and free. *5/10*

The two scores combined gave you an average of 3.5. This tied with another contestant, but you left the pit stop second. You left the roadblock third.

-
Detour: Secret Love Song, Pt II by Little Mix

Josh- Honestly this is a completely different vibe than everyone else this week and I think this was to your benefit. This was so refreshing and different and made for a really enjoyable listen. Definitely stands out from the crowd when everyone was going the same way with their songs. *3/10*

Jaxon- Honestly, it is nice to get a more stripped back song after listening to the other 9 songs for this theme. I think by far, this is my favorite little mix song posted this round, and is their first song that really showcased their vocals for me and how good they kinda are. This kinda ate up and I think she worked out really nicely and I am quite impressed with this one. I am kinda curious and confused on how Jason Derulo featured on this one, maybe I will need to remember to check that out? LOL.

The two scores combined gave you an average of 3. You left the detour first.

-
Your two placements of 3rd & 1st gave you an overall average of 2. I am pleased to tell you that you are the FIRST team to arrive at the pit stop. Congratulations on winning this leg, and as reward you have received the U-Turn advantage for Leg 3.
611 days 1 hour ago
Jaxon
The second team to arrive is... The Norwoods
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Roadblock: Turbulent by Waterparks

Krystal- I love Waterparks! But I don’t know if I love this song or not. I’ve definitely heard it. He is so mad. He’s like so aggressive about it. Okay, yeah, this is like a solid song because it’s fucking Waterparks, and I’m enjoying how petty and immature it is because like… that’s sort of giving. Not my biggest favorite, so I’m eagerly awaiting more Waterparks in the future, but I’m still really satisfied! Anyway, take my #1! https://i.imgur.com/AtuM2RJ.gif *1/10*

Deme- WATERPARKS?! HERE?! I've been so excited to listen to this one, actually - love love love his voice, love the lyrics, love the instrumental, love the chorus, love the background vocals and the way he is constantly saying fuck, love love LOVE. I ran to drop this in my Spotify likes so quick, you don't even know. *1/10*

The two scores combined gave you an average of 1. You left the roadblock first.

-
Detour: Not Giving Up by The Saturdays

Josh- I had a lot of fun with this one. Would love to be on the dancefloor to this one. The rhythm and beat are just so infectious. Not a whole lot to say. Good choice! *4/10*

Jaxon- Oh, just from the start, this one definitely seems like one that will stand out to me. Very clubby and one that is fun to listen to. I feel like the chorus may be a wee bit too auto-tuney, especially in comparison with the verses that just completed slayed me to oblivion. The bridge could have used a bit more to it. All in all, a fun bop but wish there was more magic throughout the whole song. *7/10*

The two scores combined gave you an average of 5.5. This tied with another team, but you left the roadblock first. You left the detour fourth.

-
Your two placements of 1st & 4th gave you an overall average of 2.5. I am pleased to tell you that you are the SECOND team to arrive at the pit stop.
611 days 1 hour ago
Jaxon
The third team to arrive is... The Purple Parrots
Roadblock: Can’t Breathe by Fefe Dobson

Krystal- I’ve heard one song by her, I think. Some more breakup music, it seems. This song is a little bit slower, which I’m not usually a big fan of, but I do think her vocals are really powerful and beautiful. Wait, why’s she gone and sounded like Avril Lavigne? I am listening intently. Hello. Hi. Hey, what’s happening? Oh, hey, hey. Ohhhhh hey. Yeah! Feeling that so hard. *6/10*

Deme- Love love love Fefe Dobson, but will this beat Ghost or Stuttering? ...No. It will not. I don't hate it by any means - her voice is gorgeous, and I actually really like the instrumental here, but... it's not Ghost? It's not. Krystal just showed me another Fefe Dobson song and it's even better than Ghost, so I'm... sits here. *7/10*

The two scores combined gave you an average of 6.5. You left the roadblock seventh.

-
Detour: Better Run by Nasty Cherry

Jaxon- Once again, the vibe of this band is very on par for something I look for in music. She was very much so a vibe, and Nasty Cherry is kinda the star of UK girl group week. I do think I slightly prefer Win over Better Run in direct comparison, but they both are serves that I enjoyed listening to and the commentary is very similar for me.  *2/10*

Josh- Okay cool they have better songs than the other one submitted this week. I wasn't a fan of her but this one I thoroughly enjoyed. I like how smooth and sensual it felt with almost an 80s vibe thrown on top of it and mixed with it. Good choice! *5/10*

The two scores combined gave you an average of 3.5. You left the detour second.

-
Your two placements of 7th & 2nd gave you an overall average of 4.5. This tied with another team, but you left the detour first. I am pleased to tell you that you are the THIRD team to arrive at the pit stop.
611 days 1 hour ago
Jaxon
The fourth team to arrive is... The Animal Pact
Roadblock: Je Me Casse by Destiny

Deme- Please please pleeeease do not let this be another Eurovision power ballad 💖 oh holy shit okay no it isn't! Okay! Super unexpected. I thought I'd hate this, but like... no, this is a bop, actually? The instrumental is so fun, and god, her vocals? Great pick. *4/10*

Krystal- Ooh, is this gonna be in French? Exciting. We never get to listen to music in other languages when Jaxon is there because everyone is afraid. Oh… it is not. Oh well. Her vocals are really strong as well and I like the beat quite a lot. I think this sounds a little close to Truth Hurts, except for this chorus… Is that swing???? Damn, alright. I can dig it, I guess. Overall, not complaining. *7/10*

The two scores combined gave you an average of 5.5. You left the roadblock sixth.

-
Detour: About You Now by Sugababes

Josh- So like... wow. That 7th place really hurt you? You got so angry it fueled you to really pop off this round. You absolutely shocked me. Had I known what I knew before this theme what I knew now? This was a revelation. I never knew this wasn't Miranda's song. She had snatched it from the Brits. She really started the American revolution. Anyways i was shook at the words be changed as I was bopping along because I'm very familiar with the other version. Is this the superior version? That's not what I'm judging right now so I won't say. They really did their country proud with this one. *1/10*

Jaxon- The vocals in this one was good, I like their voices a lot. I think they mesh together really well. The beat was… extremely harsh though. Like it was a very back and forth between the stunning vocals and then that one specific harshness on a 2 second loop. Like for me it was really bad to kinda sit through the entire time with it there.  All in all, she was a good song… I just, think that if the beat was turned down just a little bit and the vocals were turned up a little bit more it would take this song to the next level. *9/10*

The two scores combined gave you an average of 5. You left the roadblock third.

-
Your two placements of 6th & 3rd gave you an overall average of 4.5. This tied with another team, but you left the detour second. I am pleased to tell you that you are the FOURTH team to arrive at the pit stop.
611 days 1 hour ago
Jaxon
The fifth team to arrive is... The Cool Kids
Roadblock: Fuck Tha Police by N.W.A.

Krystal- I do think this is probably closest to what I expected this week. I am liking the record scratch, and this is giving me a like bit of an… older sort of sound to it? Like older rap. Maybe I’ve just gone mad. But it’s giving me like Space Jam era or something. I really like it! Color me shocked because rap isn’t usually me, but I’m really digging this. Like yeah, yeah, I can not hear him that well, but ACAB! *2/10*

Deme- You know, I don't think I've ever actually heard the full song of this? I'm kind of obsessed with the opening, and the lyrics obviously go off. Like... I didn't think I'd enjoy this much, but like... it's good? It's really good? *6/10*

The two scores combined gave you an average of 4. This tied with another contestant, but you left the Pit Stop second. You left the roadblock fifth.

-
Detour: Wannabe by Spice Girls

Jaxon- Undeniably, a classic… kinda the pinnacle of girl group songs right here. This is a verrrrrrrrry safe choice, that will not rank poorly by me. Being that girl groups just aren’t my thing, this could benefit you. However, anything that surprises me will definitely have the edge over something that I already knew and loved. I have nothing really bad to say about this song, she is a serve. We’ll see! *4/10*

Josh- I feel like this was the most obvious choice of the week really. How it took 8 seasons for us to get this song is beyond me. I feel like this song will do enough to get you by for the week. I don't know if its simply overplayed for me but it just feels very middle of the road for me. *7/10*

The two scores combined gave you an average of 5.5. This tied with another team, but you left the roadblock second. You left the detour fifth.

-
Your two placements of 5th & 5th gave you an overall average of 5. This tied with another team, but you left the detour first. I am pleased to tell you that you are the FIFTH team to arrive at the pit stop.
611 days 1 hour ago
Jaxon
The sixth team to arrive is... BecKinning
Roadblock: Breakfast by Dove Cameron

Deme- I don't know why I'm always so shocked when I listen to Dove Cameron songs and enjoy them? Maybe this is Descendant's fault... Mal 🔪... anyways, her voice is obviously gorgeous, and this one is just, like... so catchy? The chorus especially? When she goes hoooo-oooh? I eat boys like you for breakfast? 🥰 *3/10*

Krystal- I do love Dove Cameron’s voice here, even though I’m not sure if this is my favorite song of hers. She’s giving Lana Del Ray before I stopped liking most of her songs, so in, like, a good way. And as I was informed to watch the video, I do think the talking at the start adds to the overall presentation of this, because I’m getting the commentary much more strongly. I eat boys like you for breakfast. Oh yeah. That’s some good shit. *4/10*

The two scores combined gave you an average of 3.5. This tied with another contestant, but you left the pit stop first. You left the roadblock second.

-
Detour: Wings by Little Mix

Josh-  It was simply okay. I think there is a cute little thing they did? Like did I move? To hit the play button and that's about it. I think this song will kind of mark the spot where every one above it I really enjoy and satisfied with and everything I rank below it I'm like.. wow I wish this was a different song I was listening to right now.  *6/10*

Jaxon- Obviously it wasn’t in JUSCC, but I think maybe in a different game I have listened to this song before to judge? This one is definitely a little bit more edgy than the first Little Mix song I listened to which was very bubblegum- at least moms have diversity. I feel like this song also slightly falls victim to this reoccuring trap of the backtrack just needs to be turned down a little bit, but it isn’t a major downside that will get her axed to I hate this. Overall, a cute song. *8/10*

The two scores combined gave you an average of 7. This tied with two other teams, but you left the roadblock first. You left the detour eighth.

-
Your two placements of 2nd & 8th gave you an overall average of 5. This tied with another team, but you left the detour second. You are the SIXTH team to arrive at the pit stop.
611 days 1 hour ago
Jaxon
The seventh team to arrive is... The Honeymooners
Roadblock: Truth Hurts by Lizzo

Krystal- The way Josh wasn’t judging this… You could’ve been his #1 automatically. But I love this song actually. Heard it a lot. Her vocals are really strong and powerful and while I didn’t expect so many breakup songs, maybe I should’ve? Not complaining about this one anyway. Yeah, get his ass, Lizzo. You’re better off without him! *3/10*

Deme- Lizzo 🥰. What a bop, honestly? It's so catchy, Lizzo's voice is just... so good, always, and the lyrics in this one, like... end me? It's probably not my favourite song by her, but it's always a bop, so! *5/10*

The two scores combined gave you an average of 4. This tied with another contestant, but you left the pit stop first. You left the roadblock fourth.

-
Detour: Scandalous by Mis-Teeq

Jaxon- Oh this is a fun one, loving the vibe of this song. I think their voices are all really nice to listen to. This song was very groovy, sex appeal, and a vibe. I will say, my one complaint is very much so the same as Alex’s, in that the beat is just SO overpowering, and if the backtrack was just turned down a bit and the vocals were highlighted just a little bit, I would fuck with this song sm. But all in all, I liked this song as a whole and other than that I really don’t have any complaints. *5/10*

Josh- I really wanted to like this song way more than I did. The actual music and beat over overpowering to me. I wish the audio was mixed a bit better to bring the vocals up a tad to match the levels. Very late 90s vibe but just the pounding and siren sounds throughout this left me with a bit of a headache? *9/10*

The two scores combined gave you an average of 7. This tied with two other teams, but you left the roadblock second. You left the detour ninth.

-
Your two placements of 4th & 9th gave you an overall average of 6.5. I am pleased to tell you that you are the SEVENTH team to arrive at the pit stop.
611 days 1 hour ago
Jaxon
The eighth team to arrive is... Lavender Ladies
Roadblock: Itty Bitty Piggy by Nicki Minaj

Krystal- Oh, it’s Nicki Minaj. I should’ve expected her, huh? She’s always got beef with someone. Her rap is pretty solid, and I do like the instrumental paired with it, but I guess I just don’t really like… any of how this is laid out. Like it feels really cluttered with everyone talking over each other and it’s not my kind of chaos. *9/10*

Deme- Oh wow that opening was... kind of annoying, but there's Nicki Minaj! She's rapping. She is. This little bit of her talking is killing me, actually, just... um... wow, that YUP! YUP! YUP! YUP! in the background is... uh... hm. *10/10*

The two scores combined gave you an average of 9.5. You left the roadblock tenth.

-
Detour: Win by Nasty Cherry

Jaxon- Oh? Is this the first whole & complete serve of the round for me? Looooooooving the alternative sound of this one sm. It is laid back, it is a vibe, and it is very Jaxon + Girl Groups put together. From start to finish, I really quite enjoyed this one and I could see it being a big rank topper for me! We’ll see how it compares to the other Nasty Cherry song. *1/10*

Josh- So like.. I had to listen 5 or 6 times. It's true. I'd be like actively listening for the first 30 seconds waiting to get into it and like it and then I'd zone out and suddenly the noise in my ear would stop and I'd be like.. wait the song is over I stopped listening like 2 minutes ago let me try again. She just isn't for me. Sorry xoxo. *10/10*

The two scores combined gave you an average of 5.5. This tied with two other teams, but you left the roadblock third. You left the detour sixth.

-
Your two placements of 10th & 6th gave you an overall average of 8. I am pleased to tell you that you are the EIGHTH team to arrive at the pit stop.
611 days 1 hour ago
Jaxon
The ninth team to arrive is... #TeamMarina
Roadblock: No Frauds by Nicki Minaj, Drake, Lil Wayne

Deme- Cutely ignoring the fact that Dr*ke is here- hiiii Nicki. This definitely isn't my favourite song by her, but I don't hate it? Just... wow, they sure did something to her voice here, didn't they - oh, there's Dr*ke. Hate that I don't completely hate his part. Alright. Shrugs. *8/10*

Krystal- Nicki Minaj returns with He Who Shall Not Be Named (🤮). I do like the little bit of rasp to her voice, but wow when the autotune comes in… yeah, I hate that. Huh. When’s Nasty Scumbag coming in again? Hmmm. Oh… yeah… yeah… I really don’t think this was made for me. He’s got all the vocal intrigue of a garbage bin and all the creepiness of- [Production cuts me off in my 32-minute rant.] *10/10*

Your two scores gave you an average of 9. You left the roadblock ninth.

-
Detour: Trouble by Neon Jungle

Josh- Okay I'm obsessed with the beat of this song. The EDM feel is completely appropriate for the messaging of the song. It's wild and chaotic just like the girls who are trouble. Just a totally good vibe overall. *2/10*

Jaxon- Oh, have we unlocked another genre of music that Jaxon is not a fan of publicly? The EDM for me is just… ick. I just feel very underwhelmed by this song bestie. The highlight was the halfway point where she started talking, kind stanned that part, but the like majority of the song was just not for me unfortunately. Sorry bestie <3. *10/10*

Your two scores combined gave you an average of 6. You left the detour seventh.

-
Your two placements of 9th & 7th gave you an overall average of 8. This tied with another team, but you left the detour second. I am pleased to tell you that you are the NINTH team to arrive at the pit stop.
611 days 1 hour ago
Jaxon
The tenth team to arrive is... Rosalina & Luma
Roadblock: Bad Blood by Taylor Swift ft. Kendrick Lamar

Krystal- Is this fucking Taylor Swift? I’ve heard this song so many times, and like it’s not bad, but I honestly feel like it’d appeal to Jaxon more. Like Taylor has a solid voice, and I really did dig Bad Blood when it came out, but it has started to age a bit poorly in relation to how often I’ve heard the song and it’s… too many times, I think. Still a pretty solid song, though, when it gets to Taylor’s vocals that aren’t the chorus… so, uh, very little of the song. *8/10*

Deme- Thank god you sent the version with the rap, because honestly... I think that's my favourite part of the song? Like, I don't hate it by any means, just... shrugs. At least the video was kinda iconic. *9/10*

The two scores combined gave you an average of 8.5. You left the roadblock eighth.

-
Detour: Black Magic by Little Mix

Jaxon- The beat is really fun in this one. She is very bubblegum pop, which in my opinion is a really easy genre for me to vibe with. I stand by the fact I don’t think their voices don’t always go together that great, but I do enjoy that it doesn’t seem like they were trying to out sing each other in this one, it felt like they were all on the same level. *6/10*

Josh- This song is very inoffensive. Kind of feels generic and bland to a lot of the other choices. It just kind of happened. I mean it's fun and boppy but it just doesn't resonate to me really? *8/10*

The two scores combined gave you an average of 7. This tied with two other teams, but you left the roadblock third. You left the detour tenth.

-
Your two placements of 8th & 10th gave you an overall average of 9. I'm sorry to tell you that you are the TENTH team to arrive at the pit stop.

However, I am pleased to tell you that this was a non-elimination leg. This is also a keep racing leg, so here is your clue. This leg is NOT over.
611 days 1 hour ago
Jaxon
Roadblock - Pigs
Krystal:
1. Turbulent
2. Fuck Tha Police
3. Truth Hurts
4. Breakfast
5. This Hell
6. Can’t Breathe
7. Je Me Casse
8. Bad Blood
9. Itty Bitty Piggy
10. No Frauds

Deme:
1. Turbulent
2. This Hell
3. Breakfast
4. Je Me Casse
5. Truth Hurts
6. Fuck Tha Police
7. Can’t Breathe
8. No Frauds
9. Bad Blood
10. Itty Bitty Piggy

Roadblock Overall:
1. Turbulent (1)
2. Breakfast (3.5) (Left Pit Stop First)
3. This Hell (3.5) (Left Pit Stop Second)
4. Truth Hurts (4) (Left Pit Stop First)
5. Fuck Tha Police (4) (LeftPit Stop Second)
6. Je Me Casse (5.5)
7. Can’t Breathe (6.5)
8. Bad Blood (8.5)
9. No Frauds (9)
10. Itty Bitty Biggy (9.5)

-
Detour - UK Girl Groups
Jaxon:
1. Win
2. Better Run
3. Secret Love Song, Pt II
4. Wannabe
5. Scandalous
6. Black Magic
7. Not Giving Up
8. Wings
9. About You Now
10. Trouble

Josh:
1. About You Now
2. Trouble
3. Secret Love Song, Pt II
4. Not Giving Up
5. Better Run
6. Wings
7. Wannabe
8. Black Magic
9. Scandalous
10. Win

Detour Overall:
1. Secret Love Song, Pt II (3)
2. Better Run (3.5)
3. About You Now (5)
4. Not Giving Up (5.5) (Left Roadblock First)
5. Wannabe (5.5) (Left Roadblock Second)
6. Win (5.5) (Left Roadblock Third)
7. Trouble (6)
8. Wings (7) (Left Roadblock First)
9. Scandalous (7) (Left Roadblock Second)
10. Black Magic (7) (Left Roadblock Third)

-
Leg Overall
1. Fallen Angels (3 + 1 = 4 / 2 = 2)
2. Norwoods (1 + 4 = 5 / 2 = 2.5)
3. Purple Parrots (7 + 2 = 9 / 2 = 4.5) (Left Detour First)
4. Animal Pact (6 + 3 = 9 / 2 = 4.5) (Left Detour Second)
5. The Cool Kids (5 + 5 = 10 / 2 = 5) (Left Detour First)
6. BecKinning (2 + 8 = 10 / 2 = 5) (Left Detour Second)
7. HoneyMooners (4 + 9 = 13 / 2 = 6.5)
8. Lavender Ladies (10 + 6 = 16 / 2 = 8) (Left detour First)
9. Marina (9 + 7 = 16 / 2 = 8) (Left Detour Second)
10. Rosalina & Luma (8 + 10 = 18 / 2 = 9)

open group

Jaxons Ultimate Song Choice

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!