This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Leg 1: Pit Stop

Topic » Leg 1: Pit Stop

620 days 19 hours ago
Jaxon
I am standing here at Dolby Theatre where this is the final stop in the teams first leg of this race.

The last team to arrive MAY be eliminated.
620 days 19 hours ago
CocoVanderbilt
I'm so nervous
620 days 19 hours ago
CocoVanderbilt
If we get eliminated, I'll cry myself to sleep
620 days 19 hours ago
tonym101101
Shaking in my boots
620 days 19 hours ago
Jaxon
The first team to arrive is....
Team BecKinning!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Detour: Pieces Of Me by Ashlee Simpson

Josh- Okay the scream I scrumpt when I saw this song being submitted? I've always loved this song and miss Ashlee was done dirty. Sure she couldn't actually sing or dance or have any actual real talent and got ahead because of her more famous sister... but you know what she did do for this world? Release this absolute smash of a song. Where is she now? Who knows. Exactly. Has been. You did it. Amazing choice *1/11*

Deme- Ashlee Simpson... yeah, was definitely expecting to see her there. And it's the one (1) song by her I recognize! It's a bop, it is. I love her voice, and it's catchy, so...! Great pick. *8/11*

The two scores combined gave you an average of 4.5. This tied with another contestant, but the two judges broke the tie in your favor. You left the detour fourth.

-
Roadblock: Psycho by Maisie Peters

Krystal- This singing voice is really giving me that one singer, oh what was her name? Mars Argo! I really, really like the energy this is giving, like there’s this young woman just trying to move on and there’s this dude out there peeping in the windows and blowing up her phone and she’s like aw fuck. I’m visualizing her just trying to eat her morning cereal and blinking as she pulls out a paper with all those cut out letters but all it says is TAKE ME BACK BABY. Yeah. This song is doing it for me. I’d listen to this forever and ever, like a pop song that’s all, “Things suck ass, but I’m gonna sound super Barbie anyway. What’re you gonna do? Cry about it?” Anyway, take my #1! https://i.imgur.com/AtuM2RJ.gif *1/11*

Jaxon- The upbeat nature of this song is super catchy, and definitely gives me vibes it will be stuck in my head 10 hours later after listening to it. Her voice was nice and soft, and I kinda loved the lyrics to this one. It is definitely a strong start to this season, and I look forward to seeing where you go from here. I liked this one, good choice! *5/11*

The two scores combined gave you an average of 3. This tied with another contestant, but you left the detour first. You left the detour second.

-
Your two ranks of 4th & 2nd gave you an overall average of three. I am pleased to tell you that you are the FIRST to arrive at the pit stop. As winning this leg of the race, you have won the 'Fast Forward' advantage. From now to the final six you are able to use this advantage to skip the entire leg of any round & automatically place 1st.
620 days 19 hours ago
Jaxon
The 2nd team to arrive is... The Lavender Ladies.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Detour: Rumors by Lindsay Lohan

Josh- Oh okay yeah.. Lindsay came to make history with this one and change the music game completely. Did she succeed? No. But that doesn't change that this song is way too good to be a Lindsay Lohan song. I'm glad she is healthy and doing hallmark movies now though. *3/11*

Deme- ...You know, I'm realizing now I haven't actually listened to much Lindsay Lohan before this? This is so good? I love her vocals, and the instrumental... come on, it's so catchy? A bit repetitive, maybe, but like... bop. It's a bop. *4/11*

The two scores combined gave you an average of 3.5. You left the detour second.

-
Roadblock: GUY.EXE by SUPERFRUIT

Krystal- Ahhh! Wait, I love this song! So this is some kind of gay cyberpunk nightmare dystopia or…? I’m trying to picture the story in my head, and mostly all I keep thinking about is like a really gay version of Megamind. But cyborgs. Cyborg Megamind. This is really an incoherent review, so let me pull it together. Love the voice, super smooth and works well with the classy clicking sounds and the low electronic beat. It’s just smooth. I could bop to it forever. *3/11*

Jaxon- Oh bestie, I can not stand these two vocals together during the verses. The choruses & pre-chorus they mesh together much better- maybe due to the beat. The beat was super fun and catchy and really got you into the groove, and was definitely the selling point of the song for me. All in all, I have some mixed feelings on it… it’s strengths were pretty strong, but the points where it wasn’t, it definitely was borderline annoying. This will probably end up in my middle.  *8/11*

The two scores combined gave you an average of 5.5. You left the roadblock 5th.

-
Your two ranks of 2nd & 5th gave you an overall average of 3.5. I am pleased to tell you that you are the SECOND team to arrive at the pit stop.
620 days 19 hours ago
Jaxon
The 3rd team to arrive is... Purple Parrots
Detour: With You by Jessica Simpson

Josh- The Simpsons sisters were slaying the music game and no one talks about it and it feels like it might be a targeted attack meant specifically to hurt me? I really loved this song and thinks it's unfair she's just mostly disappeared from the world. What does she do anymore? If I had to guess she is probably doing makeup commercials that air at like 1 am on channel 143.  *4/11*

Deme- The noise I made at the song opening with the lyrics "the real me is a Southern girl with her Levis on and an open heart"... hoo boy. I don't know what I was expecting, but like... her voice is really pretty? And the song itself is kind of a bop, so...! *7/11*

The two scores combined gave you an average of 5.5. You left the roadblock seventh.

-
Roadblock: Let Us Die by King Princess

Jaxon-Oh? This song kinda slayed me. Like it definitely… told a story… within the song itself. From the buildup to the climax to everything, she kinda ate up so good? So far, the competition is stiff for this category… but I think this song did more than enough to stay safe. The song evolved into an icon at the end, after the guitar spotlight, and it picked up. Great choice! *1/11*

Krystal- I love this one song by King Princess that just makes me so sad, but like in a vibe way, so I’m interested! I guess this drama would be set in, like, a hospital because someone got hurt. And maybe they’re fighting and exhausted and stressed. Oh, and then their twin sister shows up and it gets even messier. Is that the drama vibe? I really like this song! It has like this raw energy to her vocals and while the synth sometimes feels close to overpowering her voice, it never manages it, and I just really like how it meshes all in one. Plus, it’s got all these moods that just give me drama. *2/11*

The two scores combined gave you an average of 1.5. You left the roadblock first.

-
Your two ranks of 7th & 1st gave you an overall average of 4. I am pleased to tell you that you are the THIRD to arrive at the pit stop.
620 days 19 hours ago
Jaxon
The 4th team to arrive is... The Norwoods
Detour: Hurricane by Bridgit Mendler

Deme- Bridgit went off to school and left us here... cold... alone... without her music... 😔. Anyways! This is one of the only songs this week I recognize right off the bat, and while I am severely judging whatever she's doing with her voice at some points I think that's just because I know what her speaking voice sounds like...? And it's fine, because it still works! It does. It's a bop! The CHORUS... when 2:42 hits... 🥰 *3/11*

Josh- The vibe of this song was totally unexpected? I was expecting some sad dramatic ballad from Ms. Mendler. It was surprising fun? What is she even up to now? Last I knew she was on some flop sitcom on like CBS that was performed live? That was a while ago. She never really took off like some of the other Disney girlies. Can't wait to see what else you bring to this competition. *6/11*

The two scores combined gave you an average of 4.5. This tied with another contestant, but the two judges broke the tie not in your favor. You left the detour fifth.

-
Roadblock: Next Life by Yorke

Jaxon- Oh, she kinda ate this song up, and you kinda ate this theme up. I enjoyed this one! Like, I really don’t think I have that much of a negative critique for this one, because I think everything came together and work and built off each other in a positive outcome. The song itself was something I will probably listen to again. *2/11*

Krystal- The movie premise is something I’d probably watch, but once again feels very Netflix. Doesn’t mean much bad, though, because I do really like the singing voice and the instrumental is solid, too. I do like the quality to this that feels underwater at times, kind of like… you know, witchy reincarnation couple. I mean, this is a wlw movie we’re talking, right? Maybe I should write this movie. I’m vibing. *4/11*

The two scores combined gave you an average of 3. This tied with another team, but you left the detour after that team. You left the roadblock third.

-
Your two ranks of 5th & 3rd gave you an overall average of 4. This tied with another duo, but you left the roadblock second. I am pleased to tell you that you are the FOURTH to arrive at the pit stop.
620 days 19 hours ago
Jaxon
The 5th team to arrive is... Rosalina & Luma
Detour: 1, 2 Step by Ciara

Josh- Okay so like... the princess is here. Ciara went off in 2004 with the goodies album. Her new album? Crickets. If goodies went platinum then her new music went aluminum because I haven't heard from this woman in two decades. I think the last time I saw Ciara was on the side of a milk carton as missing because idk where she went or what she did. This song is just.. chefs kiss. *2/11*

Deme- Okay, right off the bat this is a bop, so great sign. Her voice... wow wow wow. I'm kind of obsessed. How have I not heard it before? Missy Elliot is here? I love it? *2/11*

The two scores combined gave you an average of 2. You left the detour first.

-
Roadblock: Dangerous by David Guetta ft. Sam Martin

Krystal-  I haven’t heard David Guetta in forever, wow. I forgot what he sounds like to be honest. This song has really solid vocals, but they don’t really fit the instrumental to me, and that just makes me feel like I’m listening to two incongruent songs for most of my time listening. But I do get the vibe it’s giving, so… there’s that? And it does start to get its shit together about halfway in and mesh into one full song kind of song, so I’m like… yeah, this is an improvement. I think the raw vocals are what saved it for me overall. *6/11*

Jaxon- We love the double dangerous titles for the action genre. I hate to say it, but the other dangerous did indeed outsell for me. This song kinda went in this cycle where it was meh, then started to build up, and then I was expecting it to pop off, and it never quite HIT that point for me, it got close, but did not get there. It wasn’t a bad song, just a very average one for me that doesn’t stand out.  *9/11*

The two scores combined gave you an average of 7.5. This tied with another team, but you left the detour first. You left the roadblock eighth.

-
Your two ranks of 1st & 8th gave you an overall average of 4.5. I am pleased to tell you that you FIFTH to arrive at the pit stop.
620 days 19 hours ago
Jaxon
The 6th team to arrive at the pit stop is... Fallen Angels
Detour: Papa Don’t Preach by Madonna

Deme- ...Okay so I know you gave an explanation but like... is Madonna REALLY a has been? 👀. Whatever. Anyways. Chorus is a bop on this one, I like other songs by her more but this goes off, so. *6/11*

Josh- So.. there is only like a certain era of Madonna I really love and thats confessions on a dancefloor. I think that the Kelly Osborne cover might have fared better for this week? I know you usually slay so I'm looking forward to this being your low point of the season and slaying from here. *9/11*

The two scores combined gave you an average of 7.5. You left the detour eighth.

-
Roadblock: Monster by Paloma Faith

Jaxon- Considering there were only 2 genres left by the time you posted, I can’t even accuse you of pandering to me with horror- do better next time on that front. The beat in this song was super fun, it reminds me a bit of GUY.EXE from this round, but a better more solid front throughout the song. This Music Video was lowkey so funny, but like i enjoyed the song. Good choice. *4/11*

Krystal- This song has something really odd to it that works, like the quality of her voice just feels… indescribably enjoyable. And there’s this eerie quality to it, especially with lyrics like, “Too late to save me.” I’m feeling the horror, like we’ve got some sort of newer feminist Frankenstein that everyone will inevitably hate for its cheap attempts at appealing to young women, but for the moment hits really well and is just funny enough to kind of work. Anyway, I liked this a lot! It had a really good, fun energy to it that’s giving horror comedy, and since I consider that horror (Gremlins as my favorite horror movie), that’s solid. *5/11*

The two scores combined gave you an average of 4.5. You left the roadblock fourth.

-
Your two ranks of 8th & 4th gave you an overall average of 6. I am pleased to tell you that you are the SIXTH to arrive at the pit stop.
620 days 19 hours ago
Jaxon
The 7th team to arrive at the pit stop is... The Animal Pact
Detour: On The Way Down by Ryan Cabrera

Deme- Love you for giving the backstory here because I was, like... not sure who this was. But wow do I love his voice! Not his hair, but I'm not ranking the song on that, so... 💖. I really like this one - it all flows together really nicely, from the vocals to the instrumental to the lyrics, and I'm just... such a fan? Great pick! *1/11*

Josh- I mean I had to look up who this was and he is associated with a queen posted this week Ashlee Simpsons. This song actually gives me like 90s teen drama theme song vibe which is usually a bop. A decent song, probably not something I'd listen to on the regular but not bad nonetheless. *7/11*

The two scores combined gave you an average of 4. You left the detour third.

-
Roadblock: bury a friend by Billie Eilish

Krystal- I don’t super love Billie Eilish besides like one or two songs, but I’m willing to give this the benefit of the doubt! Solid beat, has a kind of creepy energy, but I wish I could understand a single word she’s saying. I can see it is on-genre, but it’s the kind of horror that’s not claimed by me. It’s giving rated barely 3 stars online and Netflix is promoting it like the biggest deal of the century. I like the creepy screams more than her vocals. Like… I mean, it’s solid. Maybe just not for me? *9/11*

Jaxon- Oh, you’re going to be so mad at me, but I did think it was common knowledge I can not stand Billie Eilish. I do not like her whisper talking excuse for singing, it really just does not do it for me whatsoever. I don’t think it is everyone on the panel, but for me… this really will not do well in my ranks. I’m sorry <3. *11/11*

The two scores combined gave you an average of 10. You left the roadblock tenth.

-
Your two ranks of 3rd & 10th gave you an overall average of 6.5. I am pleased to tell you that you are the SEVENTH to arrive at the pit stop.
620 days 19 hours ago
Jaxon
The 8th team to arrive at the pit stop is... The Honeymooners
Detour: Time Machine by Ingrid Michaelson

Deme- I have no idea who this is 💖. I love whatever's going on with the instrumental here, and her voice is like... good? It's not my favourite, but I don't hate it. Instrumental's definitely the winning part here though. *9/11*

Josh- Life Is crazy isn't it? Someone can make music for two decades and never really be relevant. Apparently she had a #34 song on the billboard charts on 2007? Never heard of this woman and at the end of the day that's the spirit of a has-been. To just make you look at them and say "who?" Anyways.. the actual song? Hm.. it's not the worst thing ever? Sounds like it'd  targeted to like 46 year old southern women going through their 3rd divorce. Nothing wrong with that, but needless to say it wasn't for me. *11/11*

The two scores combined gave you an average of 10. You left the detour tenth.

-
Roadblock: Satellite by Starset

Jaxon- If you haven’t heard by now- men are a risky move with me in a specific. However, I liked his voice, and I liked the song quite a bit. The beat was really captivating and kept my interest throughout, and I actually see this one doing decently well with both the judges for this theme. The Sci-fi theming is very much so there, and I think it is a risky genre to choose being so early, but the elements within the beat, a kinda spacey sound, it really worked and benefited the song. *6/11*

Krystal- The explanation for this is giving me Daft Punk vibes, and I do like them, so I’m hopeful. This isn’t a bad singing voice by any means, but I do think sometimes any rawness is overtaken by all this synth and that is a shame in the very beginning. However, there are times where I do kind of dig it because the glitchy sound starts to grow on me, kind of like mold. Overall, not a bad song. Too bad Deme isn’t judging because this seems more for her than me. *7/11*

The two scores combined gave you an average of 6.5. This tied with another team, but you left the detour first. You left the roadblock sixth.

-
Your two ranks of 10th + 6th gave you an overall average of 8. This tied with another team, but you left the roadblock first. I am pleased to tell you that you are the EIGHTH team to arrive at the pit stop.
620 days 19 hours ago
Jaxon
The 9th team to arrive at the pit stop is... The Cool Kids
Detour: Torn by Natalie Imbruglia

Josh- Omg you know those songs that are like flashback songs and immediately take you back to your childhood? I feel like I haven't heard this since the early 2000s. Like a really good pick.  I listened to this a couple times afterwards just because. *5/11*

Deme- Oh wow, her voice is super pretty here? Oh, wait, I recognize this song, don't I... okay yeah I do. And honestly, the chorus (and the bit leading up to it) kind of makes this song? Sorry to the rest of it. Still a bop, though! *5/11*

The two scores combined gave you an average of 5. You left the detour sixth.

-
Roadblock: Star Trekkin by The Firm

Jaxon- So like….. it definitely fits the comedy theme. I think Comedy was the trickiest genre to go for this round, so I do sympathize with the situation at hand. The song did make me laugh when it started, but really I don’t think this is my kind of humor. I think there are some things out there that could have done pretty well within my ranks for the genre, but this isn’t something I personally would return to. *10/11*

Krystal- I don’t know what I expected, but this is… music. It’s kind of scary. I’m definitely afraid of it. Like there are definitely comedy songs I would’ve thought, but not this. Sorry, I just think maybe the genre fucked you over here. *11/11*

The two scores combined gave you an average of 10.5. You left the roadblock eleventh.

-
Your two ranks of 6th + 11th gave you an overall average of 8. This tied with another team, but you left the roadblock after them. I am pleased to tell you that you are the NINTH to arrive at the pit stop.
620 days 19 hours ago
Jaxon
The 10th team to arrive at the pit stop is...
#TeamMarina
Detour: Sneakernight by Vanessa Hudgens

Josh- This song choice is a virus... I get it.. I respect it.. yeah people are gonna stream, which is terrible but inevitable? Icon of people dying from covid. What was she even upset about? Not being able to perform? Like this is legit the only song I know of hers outside of HSM and it's not even a good song. This song is why she is a has been now. *10/11*

Deme- Now I know I didn't watch (and hate) Vanessa Hudgens in hit movie tick, tick... BOOM! (2021) just for you to be out here calling her a Hollywood Has Been... this song is, like, actually horrific but also kind of a bop if I ignore the lyrics, so...! *11/11*

The two scores combined gave you an average of 10.5. You left the detour eleventh.

-
Roadblock: Dangerous by Cascada

Jaxon- When I saw Cascada, I was lowkey sad she was going to end up in the Has Beens genre that I wasn’t judging… but like, we kinda ate up here giving her to me. I love this woman and her 2 hit wonder self. Have I heard this before? No. Am I glad I have another Cascada song for my playlist? Very Much So. Her beats are always so good and she just has that 2000s vibes I love in a song. Iconic choice. *3/11*

Krystal- I love Cascada! I mean, who doesn’t? I haven’t heard this song in, like, forever, but it still hits pretty well, even if it’s not the top song by them for me by any means. I really like the chorus, but I’m just not super sure I’m getting an action movie from it… I don’t know. Action movies just always seem really straight male, not Dance Dance Revolution. Still, I do like the song a bit, so I’m torn! *10/11*

The two scores combined gave you an average of 6.5. This tied with another team, but you left the detour second. You left the road block seventh.

-
The two ranks of 11th & 7th gave you an overall average of 9. This tied with another team, but you left the roadblock first. I am pleased to tell you that you are the TENTH team to arrive at the pit stop. You live to race another day.
620 days 19 hours ago
Jaxon
Which means, the 11th team to arrive at the pit stop is... Choices.
Detour: Vision of Love by Mariah Carey

Josh- Well.. the choice from choices was definitely a choice at that. Not a bad choice... not a good choice either. Definitely just a choice you made. I feel like there are other Mariah songs we haven't seen in the game yet I would have preferred more. This one is just fine though. *8/11*

Deme- Washed up HAG?? I... is this not the girl everyone is obsessed with every Christmas... am I missing something... 😧... anyways! Love her voice, hate like... all of her songs, if they sound like this? At least her vocals are incredible. *10/11*

The two scores gave you an average of 9. You left the detour ninth.

-
Roadblock: Why Do I Keep You? by Telenova

Jaxon- I appreciate the explanation, because she does dread the line between a romance & a drama… but the sounds of this song is very upbeat & sweet sounding. She has a really nice voice, it is very clean and easy to listen to. The song did not blow me away this go around, but there was enough with it that I feel like she will end up in a safe spot within my ranks. *7/11*

Krystal- I kind of hate how quiet her voice is with this really loud sound overtaking her voice, but I guess that’s the point? Either way, I don’t really love it that much. Her voice is fine, but I can tell this is the type of movie Netflix would have and I wouldn’t watch. Overall, this is pretty decent and sounds okay, but it’s probably going to be somewhere in the middle for me because when it finally finds itself, I’m already ready to pull out the earbuds. *8/11*

The two scores gave you an average of 7.5. This tied with another contestant, but you left the detour second. You left the roadblock ninth.

-
Your two ranks of 9th & 9th gave you an overall average of 9. This tied with another team, but you left the roadblock second. You are team number ELEVEN.

I am sorry to tell you, you've both been eliminated from the race.

Braden & Tim you two are both all stars of this series- being a previous winner & finalist. It is needless to say that the judges were all shocked to see this result. It is unfortunate that this was just not the season for you two, but we hope to potentially see you again in the future.
620 days 19 hours ago
Jaxon
Has Beens:

Josh:
1. Pieces of Me
2. 1,2 Step
3. Rumors
4. With You
5. Torn
6. Hurricane
7. On The Way Down
8. Vision
9. Papa Don’t Preach
10. Sneaker Night
11. Time Machine

Deme:
1. On The Way Down
2. 1, 2 Step
3. Hurricane
4. Rumors
5. Torn
6. Papa Don’t Preach
7. With You
8. Pieces Of Me
9. Time Machine
10. Vision Of Love
11. Sneakernight

Overall:
1. 1, 2 Step (2)
2. Rumors (3.5)
3. On The Way Down (4)
4. Pieces Of Me (4.5) (Judges Decided)
5. Hurricane (4.5) (Judges Decided)
6. Torn (5)
7. With You (5.5)
8. Papa Don’t Preach (7.5)
9. Vision (9)
10. Time Machine (10)
11. Sneaker Night (10.5)
-
Hollywood Movies:

Jaxon:
1. Let Us Die
2. next life
3. Dangerous (Cascada)
4. Monster
5. Psycho
6. Satellite
7. Why Do I Keep You?
8. GUY.EXE
9. Dangerous (David)
10. Star Trekkin’
11. Bury A Friend

Krystal:
1. Pyscho
2. Let Us Die
3. GUY.EXE
4. next life
5. Monster
6. Dangerous (David)
7. Satellite
8. Why Do I Keep You?
9. bury a friend
10. Dangerous (Cascada)
11. Star Trekkin’

Movie Overall:
1. Let Us Die (1.5)
2. Pyscho (3) (Left Detour First)
3. next life (3) (Left Detour Second)
4. Monster (4.5)
5. GUY.EXE (5.5)
6. Satellite (6.5) (Left Detour First)
7. Dangerous Cascada (6.5) (Left Detour Second)
8. Dangerous David (7.5) (Left Detour First)
9. Why Do I Keep You (7.5) (Left Detour Second)
10. Bury A Friend (10)
11. Star Trekkin’ (10.5)

-
Overall Finish:
1. The BecKinning (4 + 2 = 6 / 2 = 3)
2. Lavender Ladies (2 + 5 = 7 / 2 = 3.5)
3. Purple Parrots (7 + 1 = 8 / 2 = 4) (Left Roadblock First)
4. The Norwoods (5 + 3 = 8 / 2 = 4) (Left Roadblock Second)
5. Rosalina & Luma (1 + 8 = 9 / 2 = 4.5)
6. Fallen Angels (8 + 4 = 12 / 2 = 6)
7. The Animal Pact (3 + 10 = 13 / 2 = 6.5)
8. The Honeymooners (10 + 6 = 16 / 2 = 8) (Left Roadblock First)
9. The Cool Kids (5 + 11 = 16 / 2 = 8) (Left Roadblock Second)
10. #TeamMarina (11 + 7 = 18 / 2 = 9) (Left Roadblock First)
11. Choices (9 + 9 = 18 / 2 = 9) (LeftRoadblock Second)

open group

Jaxons Ultimate Song Choice

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!