This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Round 11: Results Show

Topic » Round 11: Results Show

735 days 10 hours ago
Jaxon
735 days 10 hours ago
Jaxon
Welcome top four! Everyone here has made it to a point most don't in this competition, so no matter what happens tonight- you should feel proud of yourself.

With that being said, we still have business to attend to and one of you will be making it just short of this seasons finale.
735 days 10 hours ago
Jaxon
I will be announcing results from top to bottom this round.
735 days 10 hours ago
Jaxon
Our first finalist, and this rounds winner is...
In 1st we have... Ali
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Calm: Fancy by Lennon Stella

Deme- Lennon Stella's the only artist from the 'Calm' section of the week I think I recognize, and it's for good reason - this is a bop. It's calming, but the instrumental is also super interesting and I love the vocals. *1/4*

Josh- *4/4*

Jaxon- I don’t think this beat was aggressive, it definitely wasn’t stereotypically calm, but it definitely wasn’t aggressive. I agree her vocals is where a calming demeanor kind of takes over for (most) of the song. I definitely feel a bit conflicted about this one too over how much it fits a pure calming vibe, like another in this category, but all in all I did really enjoy this song and enjoyed my 3 minutes of listening to it quite a lot.  *3/4*

Krystal- The voice kind of reminds me of Ellie Goulding for some reason at the start. But I do really like what’s going on vocally, how it kind of echoes. And I just really like the sound in general since the instrumental actually makes the vocals pop so well. It’s just like a really creative song when it comes to the production of it, and I love that kind of thing. Take my #1! https://i.imgur.com/AtuM2RJ.gif *1/4*

The four scores combined gave you an average of 2.25. This ranked you second in this category.

-
Angst: Bad Day by Charlotte Sands

Krystal- Yes, I’m already loving the energy to this song! And her blue hair is so cute, if an unrelated detail. I really, really like this synth undertone that is placed with the vocals, and it absolutely amps up the energy when she gets loud and angry and upset at the chorus. This is to my tastes perfectly, 100%, and I’m starting to feel self-conscious about how many of my #1s you’ve been getting, but… um… take my #1 because this is going in my Spotify likes! https://i.imgur.com/AtuM2RJ.gif *1/4*

Deme- Okay yeah, this is exactly the kind of vibe I was expecting for this theme. I love the vibe here, the vocals, the instrumental! The instrumental! Bop. *2/4*

Josh- *2/4*

Jaxon- Oh, I am a Charlotte Sands stan. She truly deserves more respect on her name. Her music in general definitely represents angst as a whole, and it is probably a reason I fuck with her so much. I think there are a couple BETTER choices than Bad Day, but at the end of the day I still fuck with this song and it is a vibe that fits the theme all while being wrapped up in a great song that I listen to frequently. Great choice. *1/4*

The four scores combined gave you an average of 1.5. This ranked you second in this category.

-
Your two ranks of 2nd & 1st gave you an average of 1.5. This ranked you FIRST overall this round. Congratulations on winning the round and being our first finalist.
735 days 10 hours ago
Jaxon
Our second finalist is...
James
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Calm: Human by Gretta Ray

Jaxon- Is it just me or does she look like Taylor during that one era??? Ironically, I am not in the BEST mood (very angry) while doing these ranks, so I will truly be putting the ‘calm’ factor to test with my ranks… and I have to say… it’s working with this one. I actually really like her voice, it is very gentle and soft and it just sounds really nice to listen to, and the beat behind this song is pretty great. I honestly really like this song, I think it was a great choice. *1/4*

Krystal- Why does she look like Taylor Swift? I love her instrumental and voice meshing together in the song, like it works really well. I definitely get calming vibes from it, too, because it just sounds all relaxed and cute and sweet. Overall, I’m pretty content with this song. *2/4*

Deme- ...Okay but why does this kind of look like Style by Taylor Swift? Anyways. I really love her voice, actually, and I'm pleasantly suprised by how this all sounds. I can definitely feel the calm vibes, so great pick. *2/4*

Josh- *1/4*

The four scores combined gave you an average of 1.5. This ranked you first in this category.

-
Angst: You And I by LEON

Krystal- I’m really in love with this singing voice, like she has a slight rasp to it that just sounds so good paired with this subtle instrumental. And I can feel the angst when the chorus kicks in, though I do think it sounds a little close to the songs from its opposing half at times. But besides that, I do really, really like this voice, and it’s very sad, so it doesn’t take too much away. I feel sad putting it so low because I liked it, but the submissions were really strong this week. *3/4*

Deme- Oh wow, loves the vocals here sm? This wasn't the vibe I was expecting for angst, but it's definitely fitting and it's, like, a bop? I feel really bad putting it where I am because it was GOOD? Like... 😔... *4/4*

Josh- *4/4*

Jaxon- Oh WOW is her voice is intoxicating. Fun fact- I actually thought I played July by Noah Cyrus while I played Find Me, and was thinking ‘Damn I REALLY like this song… but this beat is NOT giving calm… and it doesn’t really sound like Noah?’ Turns out, thats because it wasn’t the song I thought it was and it wasn’t posted for the calm theme. With that being said, I think the angst in this one comes from the lyrics themselves, and isn’t quite the beat you’d expect with it. I don’t think it is a bad thing, you can definitely feel her anger, and I think this was also a great pick. *3/4*

The four scores combined gave you an average of 3.5. This ranked you fourth in this category.

-
Your two ranks of 1st & 4th gave you an average of 2.5. This tied with another contestant, but in the backup ranking of all 8 songs together, you had a higher average at 4.25. This ranked you SECOND overall this round. Congratulations on becoming our second finalist.
735 days 10 hours ago
Jaxon
Krista... Alex...

This means you are our bottom two this round.

One of you has tied in the overall with our second placer tonight, and the other has just barely missed out on finale and will become our fallen angel of season 7.
735 days 10 hours ago
Jaxon
Our third finalist is....
Krista
Calm: July by Noah Cyrus

Jaxon- I really, really love her voice. It’s like very similar to Mileys, but it also is different enough to differentiate the two and have her separate herself from Miley. The background beat in this one was actually really pretty and simple and everything you would need from this category. The whistling was kinda a nice touch for the end of the song, and I definitely think this was a good pick. *2/4*

Krystal- I don’t really like Noah Cyrus tbh, but here’s hoping I like this. I do think the instrumental and voice work well together again, but there are times where it overwhelms her voice. But these vocals are solid, and I do really like the emotion she plugs into the song. The song just lacks any real consistency to me, so it feels like some of it doesn’t work that well together. *3/4*

Deme- I keep forgetting Noah, like... makes music? I thought I'd hate this, but honestly, it's pretty good. The "I" and "why" bit right before the chorus... I'm kind of obsessed... *3/4*

Josh- *3/4*

The four scores combined gave you an average of 2.75. This raked you third in this category.

-
Angst: IDFWFEELINGS by UPSAHL

Josh- *1/4*

Jaxon- Oh, UPSAHL MOM. I just know this queen is going to bring the ANGST. I feel like I dived into her music a bit, but maybe not because I don’t remember this one??? And like… I feel like I would remember this one because I like it a lot LOL. Usually, I am not a fan of a more sing talk but I think it really fits within this theme and the vibe this song is giving off. I think it was a great choice and catered to me without knowing it was catered to me. *2/4*

Krystal- I do like the talk singing a bit, but I’ll admit it just isn’t doing it for me as much as it could be since it takes so long to finally pick up, and even when it does, it just seems to drag a little bit. And like yeah, I love the whole “ugh, boys” angle, but at the same time… it just isn’t really picking up. *4/4*

Deme- Okay, I love this actually. Everything about it just... works? The uninterested vocals, the lyrics, the instrumental - bop. Straight men... 🔪.  *1/4*

The four scores combined gave you an average of 2. This ranked you second in this category.

-
Your two ranks of 3rd & 2nd gave you an average of 2.5. This tied with another contestant, but in the backup ranking of all 8 songs overall you narrowly scored lower at 4.375. This ranked you THIRD overall. Congratulations on becoming our third and final finalist of this season.
735 days 10 hours ago
Jaxon
Which means, in 4th we have... Alex
Calm: Chasing Cars by The Wind and The Wave

Josh- *2/4*

Jaxon- This song is the Grays Anatomy song to me… and unfortunately by extension this song represents an extremely emotional and sad death… so I’m trying to feel the calmness in this, but my outside influences just give me DEPRESSION. I really love her voice, it definitely has the ‘calming’ effect that you were mentioning in your description, and it is very bare bones and just simply beautiful. I’m feeling a bit conflicted, and I didn’t dislike this song, I just feel like with the STRONG lineup, this is hitting more sad than calm.  *4/4*

Krystal- I wish it was actually Snow Patrol. This singing voice is nice and calm, but it lacks the emotion the original song contained. This just feels like it drags and it doesn’t really make me feel anything. Kind of numbing. Like when you get your wisdom teeth out or whatever. *4/4*

Deme- Was a bit worried hearing that you went with a cover of the bop that is Chasing Cars, but like- no, this is decent! Love her voice. I think this is a case where I prefer the original, but this isn't a bad song at all. *4/4*

The four scores combined gave you an average of 3.5. This ranked you fourth in this category.

-
Angst: Sleep at Night by The Chicks

Krystal- Oh, this might be something Jaxon (and possibly Deme) will like. I’m not super positive or negative towards The Chicks, and right now I don’t feel like I hate it. I do like the vocals and the way the song has this sort of rhythm to it that matches the instrumental super well. And truthfully there is a lot of strong energy to this song that really shows the angst off once the song hits its stride. And I do like that quite a lot. *2/4*

Deme- I haven't heard any of The Chicks' recent songs, and I'm pleasantly surprised! Like... nothing will top the absolute bops they've put out in the past, hi Goodbye Earl and Not Ready To Make Nice, but this is really good, actually! Great pick. *3/4*

Jaxon- I know at least two of the panel members truly STAN The Chicks (and not even me), so like kinda a smart choice here. The beat in this one was done extremely well and satisfying, super catchy. The only complaint in the angst factor I have is I wish her vocals had more anger in it beyond the lyrics, because I know it is possible with their song ‘Not Ready To Make Nice.’ But other than that, I did quite enjoy this song and think they are an iconic band with a selection of great choices. *4/4*

Josh- *3/4*

The four scores combined gave you an average of 3. This ranked you third in this category.

-
Your two ranks of 4th & 3rd gave you an average of 3.5. This ranked you FOURTH overall this round. Unfortunately, that does mean you have been officially eliminated from Back To Basics. You came into this season a wild card to every judge, and you showed everyone early on you came to play. You have proven yourself to be a strong competitor, and I hope to see you again in the future.
735 days 10 hours ago
Jaxon
Jaxon:
Calm:
1. Human
2. July
3. Fancy
4. Chasing Cars

Angst:
1. Bad Day
2. IDFWFEELINGS
3. You And I
4. Sleep At Night

Krystal:
Calm:
1. Fancy
2. Human
3. July
4. Chasing Cars

Angst:
1. Bad Day
2. Sleep At Night
3. You And I
4. IDFWFEELINGS

Deme:
Calm:
1. Fancy
2. Human
3. July
4. Chasing Cars

Angst:
1. IDFWFEELINGS
2. Bad Day
3. Sleep At Night
4. You And I

Josh:
Calm:
1. Human
2. Chasing Cars
3. July
4. Fancy

Angst:
1. IDFWFEELINGS
2. Bad Day
3. Sleep At Night
4. You And I

-
Calm Overall:
1. Human (1.5)
2. Fancy (2.25)
3. July (2.75)
4. Chasing Cars (3.5)

Angst Overall:
1. Bad Day (1.5)
2. IDFWFEELINGS (2)
3. Sleep At Night (3)
4. You And I (3.5)

-
Contestant Overall:
1. Ali (2 + 1 = 3 / 2 = 1.5)
2. James (1 + 4 = 5 / 2 = 2.5) (4.25)
3. Krista (3 + 2 = 5 / 2 = 2.5) (4.375)
4. Alex (4 + 3 = 7 / 2 = 3.5)

open group

Jaxons Ultimate Song Choice

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!